Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's hard to answer because I think the nature of their relationship should be different.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-16-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

In what way would you have wanted it to be different?
Old 04-17-2018, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He should have been a friend, not an ex.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-17-2018, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright, I would have wanted that too especially considering how pointless the writers these two's relationship.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would have been far better if he had just known her ex, and we'd got that insight through him, we didn't need to meet her ex, we didn't gain anything from it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-18-2018, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That would have worked a lot better imo. It's the same with Lucas too tbh, I didn't see those relationships play out from that point in their lives.

We need an title here too
Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would, we didn't really gain anything considering how fast they dropped that angle. We did gain from Lindsey though, she was used to really highlight just how much Lucas, as much as he loved someone else, would never be able to love them the way he loved Peyton, and that was needed, imo, to show that the jump hadn't changed that, because time can change those things. It didn't need to be dragged out though. They ruined it by dragging it out. It only really needed 5 episodes max, but less would have been fine.

Yep

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't see how we gained anything from the Lindsay storyline though, since he really didn't love her where close to what your claiming he did and you can't love someone so much when your not over how your previous relationship ended & your feelings for your girlfriend are dependent on whether your ex is around you or not. He dated her for same reason all of his other relationships happened, he was lonely and he needed to make himself because he thought Peyton didn't want him anymore, so their relationship was never going to move past that regardless of how long they dated. Luke's character would have gained something with subtraction in this case.

I wonder how many more times we will say that this week
Old 04-20-2018, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He loved her, that's not up for debate, and that is exactly why we gained from it. No Lindsey would have left it open that he could love someone else the way he loved Peyton because we would have never seen that he couldn't post time jump after he was maturer.

Idk

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

His relationship with Lindsay was never going to come even close to challenging the way he felt about Peyton and saying otherwise is just overrating what they shared imo. Even if Lucas did love Lindsay, what he felt was absolutely scarping the bottom of the barrel in terms of loving someone. We had already seen one storyline of Lucas trying to delude himself into making his current relationship into something that much bigger and deeper than it actually was, there was no point in seeing it again, especially since it just ruined Luke's character even more in a lot of people's eyes.

I'm sure we will find something to use
Old 04-27-2018, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree that Lucas loved Lindsay. And that's a GOOD thing if you love L/P because even though he loved Lindsay, it showed she never compared to his feelings to Peyton.

Even in real life people jump through relationships quickly even after being heartbroken by the previous one and grow to love the current person they are involved with. Sometimes it might be less and shockingly it might be MORE.

One thing we always forget was that all of these characters were in high school, so of course a lot of them would move on or test another relationship because that's just realistic.

Now on to Peyton/Julian, I just wanted more in general...
Old 04-27-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If he loved Lindsay, he wouldn't have treated her so terribly from the second Peyton came home and he would have actually felt bad for what he put her through, which he didn't at all. The fact that his love for Lindsay was based on whether Peyton was around or not shows what he truly felt about her and all of the classic Lucas act of making his current relationship much bigger than what it was doesn't change that at all.

We always get off topic in these threads and we need to pick an title too lol
Old 05-03-2018, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

http://www.fanforum.com/f153/fiesty%.../#post93807383
Closed Thread   Post New Thread