Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall From Grace (View Post)
I don't think the BN scene was necessary. They could have cut that and actually showed BH doing something! I hate how they always hang out off screen.
I agree. I would have liked to see Brooke trying to reach out to Haley or some sort of a BH scene. But yeah, at least BN were talking about Haley.

Marie

Last edited by Serene_Eyes; 05-10-2010 at 06:27 PM
Serene_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

I like the Haley storyline [other then piano burning scene last week] since it's the biggest storyline Joy has had on the show.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
breath we drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
What they could have cut to show an actual BH scene would be to cut some of the countless/pointless Quinn/James or Mia's entire existence.
How about Mia, Miranda, Grubbs, Chase, and Katie's existence?
Fall From Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Let's throw Jamie's existence shall we?

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
breath we drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How about Mia, Miranda, Grubbs, Chase, and Katie's existence?
Yes please.

ETA:

Family and friends help out when someone they are close are sick so I get what they were going for with the BN scene doing laundry but it should have been a Nate/Clay instead and they could have cut down other ransoms to add a BH scene.

Where is Clay? He should be with NHJ

Last edited by diamond gothic; 05-10-2010 at 06:35 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Haven't watched yet but after reading all these comments it has me wondering:confused Has Brooke and Clay had any scenes together at all this season. I don't know why but I was just thinking that their paths never crossed. Sounds like people have mixed reviews on tonights episode.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by weens (View Post)
Haven't watched yet but after reading all these comments it has me wondering:confused Has Brooke and Clay had any scenes together at all this season. I don't know why but I was just thinking that their paths never crossed. Sounds like people have mixed reviews on tonights episode.
I think a brooke clay hooke up is what this show needs to wake it up.

the BN scene was actually not that bad because it didnt feel forced and the conversation centered around haley and how nathan was doing. plus we need some screen time between the original 3. but the BH or lack thereof was compeletly disappointed and her scene with victoria so random. what victoria said was good but dont tell me that she's the person to get through to haley? blahh..

katie, chase, mia, grubbs and miranda should all jump off a bridge or building or step in front of moving truck. mia, i'm sorry honey but i think you're time on the show is up. unless your doing s duet with haley or playing guitar for her in hte background then i think its time to just focus on your music career. likewise miranda, if i see you again, i want it to be with haley and thats about it, i could careless where you are getting deported to or who you're hooking up with. chase, i've said it before, season 4 is long gone and so you should be as well.
cyke93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Brooke and Clay really have no need to interact...and if they did now that would be forced, LOL. Clay showed so much chemistry with Alex aside from Sara...I wish they had explored that more. Oh well.

Quote:
since it's the biggest storyline Joy has had on the show.
I'm still shocked she even got a storyline!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
I'm still shocked she even got a storyline!
LOL Same. But I am damn happy she did! There is finally depth, and Joy is rocking the material.

Marie
Old 05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jamie is getting annoying.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

His hair is getting really dark; I thought CrazyCarrie came back to dye his hair...

Marie
Old 05-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

NH owned this eppy The JL's are just amazing. Loved all of their scenes, I just wish that Nathan had more screentime All their scenes were just wonderful and it was nice to see Nathan trying to joke with her. I really hate the blank look on Haley's face though, it's so sad and it just makes me want to hug her and then that makes me want to hug Nate. Aww, our poor NH, hopefully next week we will see some more happy moments

I liked the Nathan/Brooke scene. They are friends and even though they hardly get any screentime and most of their scenes are just little filler convo's, it's nice to see that they actually know each other. I just wish we could get some NHB scenes and have them last longer than a couple of minutes. I mean these guys have been friends for years The core three need much more screen time together!!

Once again Nathan was my absolute fave I just love everything about him, he is so amazing with Haley and Jamie and I am praying that if we get a season 8, he gets more screentime and perhaps a decent sl.

I also quite liked the Victoria/Haley scene. Victoria has brass balls and she told Haley what Haley needs to hear!
Old 05-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you know, if they even attempted to flesh out haley's storyline, they could probably do freakin wonders with it!!! soSO lame they've given her only a fraction of the time it should take to tell a more deeper part of what her struggle truly entails. if i had one complaint about tonight's ep though, it would be victoria's speech to haley. so.much.no! in fact, i'm amazed it wasn't brooke, nathan or god forbid quinn making the grand gesture here. i'm also not a fan of nathan and quinn invading haley's messages to her mom either, but it's totally understandable. once again though, joy totally blew it out of the water!!
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

^ They waste too much time on other stuff, they could also edit down some shots of other scenes to make more room for more important things.

The Haley/NH scenes were fantastic. I LOVED the Haley voiceovers. So cool she got a whole ep of them! YAY! Thanks writers!

Not really impressed with the length of NH scenes though ngl, considering I did feel like the Quinn/Jamie scenes went on and on. NH have such an awesome storyline, Nate is looking all hot worrying about his wife, the JLs are just magical on screen together...I want no need for them to go on longer LOL. It's my only complaint (along with again I don't care about Mia/Chase/Alex or Miranda/Grubbs ect).

Joy/Haley: x billion. I loved that we got to hear her thoughts and Joy played it perfectly I love this storyline. I'm grateful and thankful for both the quality and quantity of Haley scenes. I feel truly satisfied with the writing as a Haley/Joy fan and I haven't felt that way since like S3. Joy is just so wonderful at conveying such difficult and mixed emotions. When Victoria was talking to her I loved how she went from not really paying much attention/caring, to listening, and to showing us that something inside Haley's mind was clicking, that maybe Victoria was just able to get through to her...and Joy conveyed all that with just her expressions. Brilliant. By the piano, the tears welling up in her eyes, and then the tear falling down her cheeks, so subtle yet so powerful. Her voice breaking in the voice overs, just everything she was spot on. I love that the writers are doing what I have been begging them to do for years...use Joy's talents. On a shallow note, Joy looked so beautiful.

NH: My complaints on NH length of scenes aside, which honestly I only complain about because when they do get scenes...it makes me just want to watch an hour of only them, LOL. They rock, pure and simple. They make me go awww, and swoon and squee like a fangirl and get tears in my eyes and they make me so proud to have shipped them for so long and to have stuck through so much over the years (and they accomplish all this with those short scenes). Just like they have...stuck through everything, and I know they will get through this too. Nathan...marry me please. I loved every word he said this ep, and even though Haley wasn't responding as much I did love that those little moments like when she slapped him playfully or let him hold her hand. I understood how difficult it is for her and I just hope it's part of a larger plan that will see her ultimately make a move towards him to show that's she's ready to be herself again. I loved seeing concerned Nate, his expressions as he heard her tapings ect. I love that he was so sweet and gentle with her. I love that he told Brooke it's time for them to be there for Haley. I loved the parallels with the crackerjack. Just so much .

Where's Clay/Haley and Nathan/Clay? Not happy jan. Clay feels soooo disconnected from NHJ now, such a shame. Just, *sigh*. Sad. The B//N should have been a Clay/Nate scene and makes more sense for them to talk BB and Brooke could have just talked directly to Haley prior to the BVH scene.

Quote:
Jamie is getting annoying.
I love Jamie, I do (though NH need other kids in future...I can see them having another boy (after a girl) who's more naughty/mischevious like I imagine Nate was as a kid...though Jamie as a teen might give them hell, LOL)...but he can be way overused sometimes. The treasure hunt with Quinn was fine...but it didn't need that many scenes.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 05-11-2010 at 03:01 AM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
- I cannot stop raging at Quinn/Jamie's storyline or Mia's entire existence/presence. Go. Die. All three of you.
- And really show, you're going to tease me with some BH scenes, and instead give me random ass Nathan/Brooke and Victoria/Haley scenes. Screw you.
- Clay/Not!Sara storyline just needs to stop. Now. Let her jump, it would solve everything.
- Miranda/Grubbs was acceptable because they were the new Mia/Chase, and they were less annoying, so it was okay. Now I have BOTH? Blah.
- WHY IS EVERY. OTHER. SCENE. these annoying ass bitches, Jamie and Quinn?!
Yes, yes and yes!! They totally missed the boat yet again. I was excited in the beginning with the references of Brooke going to see Haley, Julian giving her a shout out too and of course Nathan and Haley "spending the day" together(wow a two second car scene and a three second river court scene) when it was really Quinn and Jamie spending the day together and Haley's depression turned into more of how Jamie is handling it and what can we do to make it right for Jamie. Again I understand he is the kid in all of this drama, but I don't need to see it the entire episode. I for one would rather assume things where Jamie is concerned and assume that Jamie is spending the day with Quinn rather than actually see it for so long. I sat there numb through the whole episode because I didn't care much about anything going on and the thing I did care(Haley and Naley) about didn't have much time, very short scenes for such a huge topic and story line.

If they come back for a 13 more episodes, which IMO is more than enough at this point because the writers are not really leaving me longing for more these days, then I think they shouldn't introduce anymore drama and just focus on the lose ends and the happy endings because the drama as of late sucks!

One more thing, there was absolutely no point in the Clay and the Sara wannabe story line. Did they wrap that up already? What a joke!! Miranda and Grubs, again what a joke and who cares, I don't!! Mia, good name for her, Missing In Action, and they should keep it that way!!! I realized yesterday that I didn't miss her at all.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread