Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2004, 12:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

[Episode Discussion] 2x09 - "The Trick Is To Keep Breathing"

"I guess I'd rather risk a short, full life than have a long, empty one" - Lucas Scott

2x09 - The Trick Is To Keep Breathing
November 16, 2004

Although Lucas takes Anna as his date to the Tree Hill High Formal, he finds himself with Brooke at the end of the night. Meanwhile, Haley's musical obligations to Chris cause her to arrive late to the formal, which angers Nathan. Peyton finds herself struggling with the growing temptation to turn to drugs.

Rules:

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases or other posters. Please treat others respectfully.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 10-26-2017 at 01:01 PM
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so excited I get to see it in 30 minutes!! And I saw a new promo where Brooke says "You Dont Get To Have Me"
Old 11-17-2004, 12:54 AM
OTH Writer

Hi again from writer Chad...

Well, 8 more minutes for you east-coasters. Really hope you enjoy it. And Tammy, no problem on the TTITKB thread. You're doing a great job with the board! Uh oh... 6 minutes left now. Stop reading and get to watching, guys!

Chad
theraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chad, thanks for stopping by again. I'm all excited even though I'm in math class. How good are ya at math?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:39 AM
OTH Writer

Math class...

I'm not too good at math, but good enough to know that you're not supposed to be cruising the message boards during class! But don't sweat it, you probably won't use any of that math in the real world, anyway. (Just don't tell your teacher I said that.)

CHAD
theraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Addicted Fan

This whole situation with Peyton is making me cry.
as I watch the walls descend
as I watch the walls descend like stars
SweetLisaLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Its Nathan and Haley I am sobbing for. Chris is EVIL! I don't mean it in the literal sense. Just the common sense. He better keep his crush to himself otherwise I want Nathan to kick his A$$!
Old 11-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Re: Math class...

Quote:
Originally posted by theraven
I'm not too good at math, but good enough to know that you're not supposed to be cruising the message boards during class! But don't sweat it, you probably won't use any of that math in the real world, anyway. (Just don't tell your teacher I said that.)

CHAD
HA i wish that were true too bad everything in the research world is based on stats!!!

Are we back now where it all began?Have you finally forgiven me?
~Sway LoVe

Jim Halpert: I'm in love with you. I just needed you to know. Once.

Dick:"I dont know how I'm goin quit you..SHH its not me its WOO"

Nothing Else Matters

~Always&Forever NSHJS

HayleyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by eruvue
This whole situation with Peyton is making me cry.
hey any chance of some info on wots happen? sadly i live in wales so aint gonna b able to see it wot happened to peyt? wots happening with brooke?
Please

~Monique

Tyler is always stuck in me and it's not his song. LOL - Calla
Calla is a part of my heart
Forever with me
MKup_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Chad You actually responded to my post....very cool.

This place is so addicting that I can't help stay away...you should see me at work, I'm worse!

Plus my teacher leaves early...so its easy cruising during class. Almost time for me to leave too...10 more minutes before I go home amd watch OTH.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

OMG OMG

THE DRAMA IS BACK! That is all I can say. And the previews for the next episode...

What is up with Haley and Chris NOOOOO..she must push him away.

And Nathan...love bada$$ Nathan being back!

Peyton and her shirt!

Wow! Thank goodness the OTH that I love is back.

Of course, you know that I am a big Naley fan so the drama is going to be killing me.

I am spoiler free. I am spoiler free. I am spoiler free...
anease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Last year I loved the thought of Nathan and Haley together but after the whole marriage thing I actually started cheering when I saw the previews for the next episode. I think Chris and Haley would make an awesome couple.

What's the deal with Felix and Anna? What's their secret? My mom said their in the witness protection program but that seems a little farfetched.

I thought there was going to be Karen/Dan/Deb drama but Karen was hardly in this episode.
There's Magic in the Sound of Their Name, Here Come the Irish of Notre Dame. Go Brady!! #10
~Ashleigh~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:07 AM
Master Fan

Grrr..I don't like all the NaLey tension, I did like the Lucas/Brooke scenes, I forgot how much I missed them.
EmptySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

OMG...
Old 11-17-2004, 02:09 AM
Extreme Fan

I LOVED that episode, and not just because of the BLness. I freaking loved Nathan. THIS is the Nathan that I've been missing. Reckless, jackass, angry Nathan. I hate this watered down version of Nate that we've been having to watch for the fifteen episodes or so. I'm glad he finally spoke up to Haley and told her what was on his mind, instead of cowering to her every word. Nathan was in true form tonight and I loved him tonight for the first time in AGES.

I also loved Haley. I think she's realizing that maybe they got in over their heads. And I think she does feel something for Chris...maybe she doesn't have feelings, but I really think that she likes the way he makes her feel when it comes to music. I'm so glad that the happy couple finally has some drama. I actually ENJOYED their scenes tonight.

Peyton, Peyton, Peyton. Wow, I semi-liked her tonight. I felt bad for her when that wine got spilled on her mom's dress and when Anna snapped at her. Speaking of Anna, what a FREAK. I hate her and that pansy ass brother of hers.

Brooke was freaking awesome tonight. I hate that she yelled at Mouth, but it's obvious that her wounds from Lucas run deep. She hasn't healed yet, and she won't until someone actually shows her that they care about her. I think Lucas really sensed just how bad he hurt her tonight. And I loved their little heartfelt moment when he dropped her off. Reminded me of TSFSM...a great BL episode. MS is freaking foolish for wasting LB with Felix and Anna. Chad and Sophia are amazing together...I really missed Lucas and Brooke together for the first time in a long time.