Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hee. Dawson's Creek. I was acutally way to young to watch this, so I can't really compare any of the characters.

But I think that from whatn I've seen/heard, OTH had a few similarities, just like it did with The O.C., etc.

But I think there is a lot of wittyness in all of these shows.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

At the present, the only similarity I see between DC and OTH is the old "Pass around a partner" bit. Just about everybody has made-out or hooked up except the following:

Lucas/Haley
Haley/Jake
Jake/Peyton
Nathan/Brooke

Personally, I don't see any comparison with L/H and D/J -- they're not even a couple yet, so it's technically all in our heads, for you L/H shippers out there [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. But even if they did get together, they're relationship is totally different and way less angsty than D/J -- plus, if anybody ever compared Haley to Joey or Dawson to Lucas, I'd have to bust a cap ( [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] only kidding). Joey was a blathering, cynical, emotionally-retarded tripe, and since I think Haley is none of those things, they don't have anything in common in my mind. Yes, Lucas may not be very popular right now, but he is not Dawson -- Dawson was an annoying tool who never knew when to let go...and his monologues put me to sleep. But this is all JMO. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Personally, I don't think it's all-the-way fair to compare OTH to any other WB show, since it is its own show. But I see how there are parallels, and eventually (whether or not we want to admit it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), everything comes back to the Creek -- it's just a way of life, sad as it is. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

i agree that i really dont think Lucas and Dawson are alike. Lucas may be acting like a jackass that the moment but i dont think he's reached Dawson standards.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

To me, the basic character arcs make me think of Smallville comparisons...

Lucas is very Clark-like, the all american good boy.
Nathan is sorta Lex-like, the rich boy with good looks and somewhat of a devious nature.
Peyton is VERY Lana-like, cheerleader wants more from life, lusts after Lucas, enjoys long stares across a room.
Haley is somewhat like Chloe, best friend to Clark/Lucas and his confidant.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]