Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Amy, I know her hair was gorgeous why on earth would they cover it up.

You know when Nathan answers "But I'm trying to apologize for ..." that is totally in RESPONSE to "Are you trying to break up with me" but they cut that so it kinda makes no sense! what the hell lol.

Joie is so cute when she looks all vulnerable and says "Someone like me or me?" the look on her face is so cute!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Haley was great today with the throwing up on Dan which is so deserved and loved that punch to Lucas on his tattoo!

Nathan&Haley,Lucas&Brooke,Liz&Jason,Jackie&Hyde,Dillon&Georgie,Madison&Ephram, Jake&Peyton*Pacey&Joey!
icon by Livin4foxy
Old 01-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Linda I love that banner, it's gorgeous.

Joie was great in this episode. The drunk Haley scenes, the little that they were, were hilarious and she looked gorgeous in this ep. I really liked what she wore too, except that hat. Other then that I really loved Haley in this episode.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:52 AM
Supreme Fan

I just wanna say GO HALEY!!! for telling off Lucas. It's about freakin' time someone did and the fact that it was her just makes it all the better. I love this girl.

But please! No Cheerleader!Haley. That's just... too weird.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by christinedechagny:
<STRONG>I just wanna say GO HALEY!!! for telling off Lucas. It's about freakin' time someone did and the fact that it was her just makes it all the better. I love this girl.

But please! No Cheerleader!Haley. That's just... too weird.</STRONG>
ita, its going to be really weird if they do that and it would be out of character unless they give us a reallllly good explanation why she's doing it (helping out nathan, helping out peyton?) but even then still weird.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:34 AM
Loyal Fan

She did get to throw up and suffer a hangover, two things Drunk!Michelle can't claim (which was always unrealistic when she emptied like half a bottle in less than a min.).

Relatively little Haley but I thought her scenes had more substance than last week. And I tend not to mind who gets how much airtime if it's well spent, which I thought was the case last night.

Thanks, Maz, for starting the thread! (again) Linda's presence (hi!) reminds me we forgot to add Unexpected in the links. (meant to point out)
Old 01-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

I was looking at my tape of last nite eppy, and Joy looked really pretty throughout the whole eppy. I loved the way they did her hair too . Joy and James chemistry seemed to be flying off the screen too!

Nathan&Haley,Lucas&Brooke,Liz&Jason,Jackie&Hyde,Dillon&Georgie,Madison&Ephram, Jake&Peyton*Pacey&Joey!
icon by Livin4foxy
Old 01-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Maz great start on the thread. Joie looked absolutely stunning last night. Loved the hair! N/H were cute as always and I liked her puking in Dan's lap.

Mere
avi by Beth
Old 01-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scherra:
[QB]She did get to throw up and suffer a hangover, two things Drunk!Michelle can't claim (which was always unrealistic when she emptied like half a bottle in less than a min.).

Relatively little Haley but I thought her scenes had more substance than last week. And I tend not to mind who gets how much airtime if it's well spent, which I thought was the case last night.
ITA about the Michelle thing, it is so not realistic that she didn't get sick, not really even a little!

I loved that Haley was given such meaty scenes this week. Joie and James really play well off each other and I am enjoying their interractions more and more every week.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Awww i love Haley with everyone! I just saw the ep and she makes me like her more and more every ep. Even tho im not a NH shipper, i loved thir scenes together. She's really great for him. Although i was starting to get worried with her cutting school and stuff, but i love how Nathan told her not to change. aww.

I didn't hear the counting before the throwing up because i was laughing so hard. it was so funny.

and her hair was so cute, it was sooo straight and cute. that hat, god why? lol. but atleast it was only in one bit.

and i loved her saying "talk to me when you have the tattoo removed!". lol. so funny.

Linda, love the banner. it's so pretty. and i think three banners is fine. more pretty joie/haley pics the better. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i've added it to the first post, as well as the link to unexpected. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Love the new thread, title! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yep, Joie's been a girl-crush of mine since her GL days.

MazYour story rocks! You are very good at dialogue, and just good-storytelling in general [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Linda glad you're here, and love the banner! That pic on the left is a personal favorite of mine.

I liked Haley's scenes last night, too. Liked that she felt free and acted "out of character" - which is a term I've always hated, because people are supposed to be multi-dimensional - but I understand how we're all labeled. Anyway, the puking thing was priceless, as was her line to Lucas. I hated that the drunk N/H scenes were so short.

One thing I don't like is Haley mostly "reacts" to other people's problems. Nathan is always going to have "Father issues", and Lucas is always going to have "Woman-issues". Rarely have we gotten a glimpse into "Haley's issues", at least it seems that way to me. We always see our favorites getting slighted, I guess, lol, so it's no suprise that I feel Haley is getting shafted as far as backstory and motivations. I only hope that changes, later on, because I look at a character like Peyton, and I see myself connecting more with her because her personal story is being developed.

Agree or disagree?
Old 01-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LunaLeo:

One thing I don't like is Haley mostly "reacts" to other people's problems. Nathan is always going to have "Father issues", and Lucas is always going to have "Woman-issues". Rarely have we gotten a glimpse into "Haley's issues", at least it seems that way to me. We always see our favorites getting slighted, I guess, lol, so it's no suprise that I feel Haley is getting shafted as far as backstory and motivations. I only hope that changes, later on, because I look at a character like Peyton, and I see myself connecting more with her because her personal story is being developed.

Agree or disagree?[/QB]
Hi Laura [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I agree with you. I realllly want to see Haley's backstory developed. They are delving into Peyton's slowly and I just hope and pray they do the same for Haley. I really hope they do because we know she has a life outside of Nathan and Lucas and its about time they talk about it!

Why are her parents out of town so much? What is her relationship with her siblings? Is it any significance that her mother was sick last year? Are they going to play up "societical differences" since Dan snickered about her father's profession? Will Nathan ever meet her parents and will we see this on screen? Lots of fun stuff to develop into and I hope we get some.

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited cliffieluv ]
Old 01-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Loyal Fan

As much as I enjoyed the ep. last night, I thought it made it rather obvious, from Haley's and Brooke's points of view, that their characters suffer from the absence of parental figures. It helps to have a good actor, but Peyton's father IMO made it easier to relate to her loneliness and anxiety issues. Same goes for Nathan, and Lucas to some extent but I'd argue it doesn't resonate as much as in the beginning in his case (maybe he needs to have Karen back). And while I think Peyton/Hilarie and Nathan/James have improved very much since the early days, we'd be in trouble if viewers couldn't connect with them despite the amount of airtime and character interactions and storytelling devoted to their cause. Joie and Sophia (and Craig and Barry) have been doing a lot with far less, and I'm not happy they're not getting the support their abilities deserve. But it's not as if TPTB have it against the actors, and I know it has more to do with the pecking order (Lucas&gt;Peyton&gt;Nathan&gt;Haley&gt;Brooke) and story premises than anything else and it's not easy to reposition when so much has already been established. I can only hope Haley will get the attention she deserves in due course, though the question is how long and what will take to get us there.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

i agree. i want to see more about haley. first she was lucas's best friend, which was great. but now that's been pushed aside and her role is natnan's girlfriend. it doesn't seem like she has her own building.

i agree about peyton, we're seeing more about her and people are liking her because of it. we already like haley but we want to know more about her.

her mom was sick earlier? when did they mention did? did i miss it?
Old 01-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Passionate Fan

. Joie and Sophia (and Craig and Barry) have been doing a lot with far less, and I'm not happy they're not getting the support their abilities deserve. ICAM Kristi they've been rocking the house with far less material. I hope TPTB give these girls their due they probably won't or Joie and Sophia might steal the whole show LOL.

Mere
avi by Beth
Closed Thread   Post New Thread