Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

btw, may I add that Joy's hair in the last scene at Karen's café SOMPTUOUS.

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
i guess we tend to forget earlier in the season when a very pregnant Joy was on a stool looking frantically for something. still, it wasn't a giant bag, but it's still on a stool, still dangerous
WORD!
double standard here, some comments are really not necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySexyMoney (View Post)
Brooke's a mommy! Finally! And Davis & Jude are just the most adorable babies ever. We may only have gotten 2 family scenes, but those 2 scenes were made of awesome. It looked so right for Brooke to have her own sleeping baby in her arms. And Julian is one hot dad! Looking forward to seeing more of that family next season.

Seeing Brooke at different stages of pregnancy was great, and something I was worried we'd miss since they decided to have her get pregnant so late in the season. I loved seeing them measuring her belly and seeing Brooke reading in the nursery, which by the way, that nursery was kick ass. Loved the turtles on the wall. And the scene with them fining out that they were having twins was amazing. That belly looked so real!

And I was glad to see Brooke designing. I wasn't fond of her working at the café, mainly because she's a fashion designer, not a barista, but if she can do both? Great. Shame we didn't get more BH scenes though. Hopefully we'll get plenty next season.
ITA, best part of the finale
Baker family is the cutest Brooke is finally happy

Last edited by kika_m; 05-18-2011 at 05:30 AM
kika_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this finale.
It was a perfect series finale (just like s4 was) but of course it got renewed

Brooke is a mum
Davis and Jude are so damn cute

Now I want a Sawyer/Davis wedding

Brooke is 7 months pregnant and climbs on a stool? It screams danger in a read flashlight.

I'm glad they didn't have Chase to hook up with Mia 'cause he was hurt by Alex.
I'm even glad they reunited.

NH family stuff was cute!
So many Nathan/Lydia scenes

So Jamie is the new Lucas?

OMG the HP comment was gold

The Karen's cafè is open once again!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

The twins are really cute indeed. Davis... after Sawyer, Davis. Be more original please!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 05-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

I found myself all verklempt when they reopened Karen's cafe. And then....

The fact that they squeezed Brooke's pregnancy into three-episodes didn't give me a chance to really connect with it, or feel any part of it with her. And the fact that she was blessed with TWINS was brushed over in about 15 seconds. That's kind of a big deal. That's what I miss about this show...really delving into emotional, important moments and coming out the other side with better perspective. It's all so superficial now.

Last name as first name. Really? Again? Originality: You're doing it wrong. Where did Jude come from anyway? Did they ever even have a name discussion?

I really feel lost with the whole Dan situation. I still feel a longing there from Nathan to maintain/build a different relationship with his father. I feel no resolution, and I just don't get what it is that I am supposed to feel about that character at this point.

Shallow note: Lydia is SUCH an adorable baby. Just really, really cute.

Jamie with the hoodie, and the ball, and the bridge really rubbed me the wrong way. I get it, you know....I get what they were trying to do. But it failed for me. He's NOT Lucas...he's not. Not in any way shape or form...he COULD have been, I guess, if Nathan had been a different kind of man. But isn't that the whole point...that Nathan DIDN'T make his fathers mistakes? I'm rambling now. I'll stop.

In summary, for me, the show I once loved has become throwbacks to the things that used to make it great, and superfluous characters who I don't care about at all.
emma » icon | tumblr
Moonless Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Total Fan

It would have been the perfect series finale. How are they going to top that when the time comes.
This show always tugs at my heart. Like watching your own children grow into adulthood.
Loved every minute. Original song at the beginning, time passing by measuring Brooke's stomach, and the end with Jamie bouncing a basketball with the bridge in the background. Loved it!!
I love going to Wilmington and walking the 'set' !
~~ CherylS ~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sophia left an explication about the name Jude btw.
Lydia, reaching for Jamie's face when he was reading

Old 05-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think the name Jude would've been better suited for Peytons and Lucas child. The old Brooke didn't even know who the Beetles were, she called them the Bee Gee's in season 3 let a lone name her child after one of their songs. Just doesn't fit Brooke to me, but then again neither does having twins, so.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by so·lil·o·quy (View Post)
Sophia left an explication about the name Jude btw.
What was the explanation?
emma » icon | tumblr
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
"Jude" comes from the song HEY JUDE, which John Lennon wrote for his son, Julian.
Here it is

Old 05-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

So, Jude = Julian? I guess that makes sense.
emma » icon | tumblr
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Best part of the episode to me was NHJL. Seriously I can't even

Close behind was pregnant Brooke being precious, Julian measuring her stomach, and the twins! But seriously, she could have picked more original names.

Also, does anyone else here not give a sht about Alex and Chase? Seriously, I don't buy this undying love all of the sudden? I liked Mia much more.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
gotta love sadist Mark, not even giving her a girl... which you know she and Julian were dying for.
One can wish for a girl or a boy.. but in the end it doesn't matter... just as long as the baby is healthy, that's all that matters.

Anyways, Great episode. LOVE Brooke/Julian+twins
Leneoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

The only moment I liked Chase was when he came to the Rivertcourt and Chuck hugged him so hard.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jamie with the hoodie, and the ball, and the bridge really rubbed me the wrong way. I get it, you know....I get what they were trying to do. But it failed for me. He's NOT Lucas...he's not. Not in any way shape or form...he COULD have been, I guess, if Nathan had been a different kind of man. But isn't that the whole point...that Nathan DIDN'T make his fathers mistakes? I'm rambling now. I'll stop
For me it's more the connection between what Haley and Karen represents to the town, lol...I personally saw it more like that even though obvs they were going for Jamie = Lucas.

Joy did look so beautiful & radiant and all the moments with Lydia & the Scotts were so precious.

I forgot to say, LOVED Haley singing the song at Karen's Cafe.