Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Ok, so is the issue this week that we didn't see Nathan holding Lydia on camera, but we saw Brooke? Man, you guys are a riot. I still remember the episode where Nathan talked to Brooke after she got attacked and the hate spewing as to why he's talking to another woman, when he barely talks to Haley.

Anyway, I happened to not hate this episode. I usually don't take kindly to clip shows, but with the state OTH has been in, it was kinda nice to reminisce. I also found the whole Quinn/Uno argument kinda amusing. I knew B/J weren't going to be parents. It just didn't seem in the cards, so to speak. I loved them talking about the origin of Haley's "Bob" as her middle name.
smoothaise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

The “issue” is that what should have been a NHJL or NHL wasn’t. The “issue” is that Nathan the baby’s father should have held her, or had a scene with her. The “issue” is ALL season we’ve seen Brooke’s storylines up front and center…all we ask is for one measly scene, it be about Haley/Nathan/NH and their family and not showcasing Brooke’s drama or her sadness or whatever. There were other scenes depicting Brooke’s misery…they could have kept that scene of her holding Lydia in whatever, but they should have at least added a Nathan/Lydia scene too or Jamie/Lydia or NH/Lydia. But they didn’t and so yes as a NHJL fan I will be annoyed the writers thought it more important to have her hold Lydia and not Nathan or at least also give us a Nathan/Lydia type scene. I would say the exact same thing had it been Quinn, Clay, Mouth, Janitor, ect.

They have showcased over the years that Brooke wants what NH have. She said it in S6..."I want a family like yours", they mirrored it in the S5 finale where it showed NHJ jumping in a pool and her crying over losing Jamie. She has become consumed with the baby and the boy. I just wish they didn't have to drag NH into it...like oh look NH have it and Brooke doesn't.

I just wanted ONE scene with NH/Lydia that was about them & their being happy and not just an excuse to once again show us that Brooke gets nothing.

Quote:
What the writers failed to realize that when you continuously throw drama after drama after drama to the same character, ie: Brooke, the audience becomes numb to it all and in my case begins to resent and dislike the character. It has become a nuisance more than anything else especially when you know damn well that eventually she will get what she wants. It just loses the "WOW". I really just find Brooke annoying because of this and find it very hard to feel anything for her character. I have become "comfortably numb" when it comes to her.
I agree.

Quote:
This show is awful now because there is no drama. They are all married or in serious relationships. That's not good TV. I would've liked to see them explore Brooke in a different light, maybe career-oriented, or just show that at 25 or however old she is, not everyone is married with children. They introduced new characters in Clay and Quinn, yet what did they do? Paired them up and now they will be together forever. They wrote themselves into a hole where there is literally nothing left to say.

There's just no suspense left either. You can't honestly sit and wonder or speculate about what will happen to a character or a couple or anything. It's all predictable and practically written in stone. They will all live happily ever after and have babies. Riveting television right there.
Agreed.

That's why I don't get why people want a S9. There's nothing left to tell.

Quote:
That's why they're milking this Brooke storyline for all it's worth... it's the one thing that might leave a fan wondering what will happen.
Wondering what will happen? I've been calling miracle pregnancy since we found out she can't have kids. I wonder if that's what they will do? OTH is not cliche or predicatable at all so maybe they won't.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 04-20-2011 at 09:21 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
I loved them talking about the origin of Haley's "Bob" as her middle name.
out of all the names to put in a middle name, Haley was named after a cat
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Huh guys, have you seen the amount of answers on this thread? It's nearly as much as all the others reunited

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
This show is awful now because there is no drama. They are all married or in serious relationships. That's not good TV. I would've liked to see them explore Brooke in a different light, maybe career-oriented, or just show that at 25 or however old she is, not everyone is married with children. They introduced new characters in Clay and Quinn, yet what did they do? Paired them up and now they will be together forever. They wrote themselves into a hole where there is literally nothing left to say.

There's just no suspense left either. You can't honestly sit and wonder or speculate about what will happen to a character or a couple or anything. It's all predictable and practically written in stone. They will all live happily ever after and have babies. Riveting television right there. That's why they're milking this Brooke storyline for all it's worth... it's the one thing that might leave a fan wondering what will happen.

But you're contradicting yourself by saying Brooke thought it was nuts and then saying of course she admired NH for finding true love. Which one is it? If she truly thought they were nuts for getting married at 16, love or no love, she wouldn't have admired them. That's all there is to it.
No I am not contradicting I am merely stating that true love and actually getting married to your true love in HS are totally different. She admired the love they had but I don't think she admired the marriage part of it, for Brooke it was a Naley thing to do to get married in HS. She accepted it for Naley because that was there thing, but in my opinion she wasn't looking to go down the marriage route with Lucas in HS. Maybe eventually in the far future but she wasn't looking to end up married to him by HS graduation.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well all I have to say is if they plan on giving Brooke this miracle baby it better be via IVF or something like a donor egg. It would be such a cliche and a cop out for her to just find out she is pregnant!

And really show would it have been to hard to just throw in a scene with Nathan, Haley and baby Lydia for one second. But I love all the ode to Haley/Naley flashbacks, such history especially at a time when the show was at its best.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
OTH is not cliche or predicatable at all so maybe they won't.
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
Wondering what will happen? I've been calling miracle pregnancy since we found out she can't have kids. I wonder if that's what they will do? OTH is not cliche or predicatable at all so maybe they won't.
Lmao, I've called it since day one as well, but the average fan isn't always like that. I've legit had people irl be like "OMG IS PEYTON GONNA DIE" during S6 and look at the comments underneath the promo for the storm ep this season... "are they killing Brooke off? NOOOOOO." What's obvious to you and I isn't obvious to everyone.

Quote:
No I am not contradicting I am merely stating that true love and actually getting married to your true love in HS are totally different. She admired the love they had but I don't think she admired the marriage part of it, for Brooke it was a Naley thing to do to get married in HS. She accepted it for Naley because that was there thing, but in my opinion she wasn't looking to go down the marriage route with Lucas in HS. Maybe eventually in the far future but she wasn't looking to end up married to him by HS graduation.
I really don't understand what your point is. Lucas, Peyton, and Brooke... none of them would've wanted to get married in high school. In fact, I'm pretty sure 90% of people don't want to get married in high school... what is so wrong about that? She didn't laugh at them for it, nor did she think they were nuts... it just wouldn't have been the lifestyle she wanted for herself. That's it, that's all. And that's a good thing because while one married couple on this show may have worked, we're now seeing what happens when everyone is married and having children. 7th heaven revisited. Now she wants kids, but what's so weird about that? She's now a grown woman so her goals changed.

ETA: Woops, forgot that Peyton proposed to Jake in HS. Haha. Apparently it's the cool thing to do on OTH.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
Lmao, I've called it since day one as well, but the average fan isn't always like that. I've legit had people irl be like "OMG IS PEYTON GONNA DIE" during S6 and look at the comments underneath the promo for the storm ep this season... "are they killing Brooke off? NOOOOOO." What's obvious to you and I isn't obvious to everyone.

I really don't understand what your point is. Lucas, Peyton, and Brooke... none of them would've wanted to get married in high school. In fact, I'm pretty sure 90% of people don't want to get married in high school... what is so wrong about that? She didn't laugh at them for it, nor did she think they were nuts... it just wouldn't have been the lifestyle she wanted for herself. That's it, that's all. And that's a good thing because while one married couple on this show may have worked, we're now seeing what happens when everyone is married and having children. 7th heaven revisited. Now she wants kids, but what's so weird about that? She's now a grown woman so her goals changed.

ETA: Woops, forgot that Peyton proposed to Jake in HS. Haha. Apparently it's the cool thing to do on OTH.
My point was that she drastically changed in season 5 or should I say mid season 5 to the point of obsession when it was clearly not something she was looking for prior to that. She has wanted a child even before she found her "true love" and I found the whole process of her wanting kids and a family and the desperation and the constant woe is me totally off and totally ridiculous. All of a sudden she wanted everything Naley had and I do remember snide comments from Brooke about their marriage, she started the rumor that they married because Haley got pregnant because she couldn't understand wanting to do it out of pure love, she called and compared them to Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. That is my point I think I don't even recall how this got started except for the fact that Brooke is so envious of Naley since season 5 that it has ruined her character and what she once stood for.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:48 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
It doesn't matter who was holding Lydia at the end of the ep, anyone other than Nathan and I'd still be just as disappointed.
A-freaking-men.

I still would have thought it was wrong on all kinds of levels if it was anybody other than Nathan.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

I think we're all in agreement that it should've been Nathan. I'm sure he did hold her first, but for whatever reason we didn't see it. Maybe the scene was cut? I have no clue. Weird choice for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weens (View Post)
My point was that she drastically changed in season 5 or should I say mid season 5 to the point of obsession when it was clearly not something she was looking for prior to that. She has wanted a child even before she found her "true love" and I found the whole process of her wanting kids and a family and the desperation and the constant woe is me totally off and totally ridiculous.
I agree that I don't understand why she was so desperate to have babies at 22, but at the same time, it's not as out of nowhere as you are suggesting. The fact is, a lot can happen in four years to change your outlook on life. You don't see the world the same way as you did when you were 16, 17, or 18.

I think the reason behind it was that Brooke had found all the success in the world. At 22, most of us are just getting out of college or just starting work or whatever. She had a multi-million dollar company. She'd accomplished what she wanted there but still felt lonely, so her desire shifted towards family. I wish they wouldn't have gone there, and I wish maybe she hadn't been so successful at 22, but I also see the standpoint of her wanting a family and why she wanted it. Her relationship with Victoria was also a key in that imo. She never felt loved as a child and wanted to make a child feel loved because of it.

Quote:
All of a sudden she wanted everything Naley had and I do remember snide comments from Brooke about their marriage, she started the rumor that they married because Haley got pregnant because she couldn't understand wanting to do it out of pure love, she called and compared them to Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. That is my point I think I don't even recall how this got started except for the fact that Brooke is so envious of Naley since season 5 that it has ruined her character and what she once stood for.

But that's what I'm saying. Her initial reaction was that they must be pregnant because who else gets married at their age, but that's not how she felt once she found out it was just out of love. She respected that.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Let's not forget who the director was for this episode. Maybe Nathan holding the baby scene was miraculously cut out or substituted for another Brooke scene.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

^ Nah it was the writing...the script had Brooke holding her & that end scene from the start. Sources confirmed it ages ago in spoiler threads. It's all on Mark...he wanted it that way.

Austin may have actually chosen to show the different shot flashbacks (instead of showing the exact ones that we had already seen) so if it was his idea kudos to him because that was a plus for us NH fans.

let's be honest this wasn't exactly the best ep to give a Director since there wasn't that much scenes to direct, but I think he did fine. I mean nothing hugely special, but still good...I did like some transitions and shots.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nathan/Haley flashbacks and what scenes they had together was the best part of the show
lukelor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukelor4life (View Post)
Nathan/Haley flashbacks and what scenes they had together was the best part of the show
it was such a treat to see them from the beginning

and they had a different look, like a glossy effect to them and of course we had different angles of some scenes
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread