Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by woken and broken (View Post)
i haven't liked/shipped nh since season three, but being subjected to what should have been a haley/anyone but brooke moment was cringe worthy. clearly, i should have learned by now that expecting even a flashback to lucas was asking TOO MUCH, but watching a bunch of idiots explain to an eight year old? how old is jamie? that his mom is slap happy was stupid. hence the flashback to rachel. EVEN RACHEL GOT A FREAKIN SHOUT OUT! jokes. i'm telling you. this ep was almost, ALMOST an actual celebration of haley, you know, the one that spent years propping other characters... only to have brooke wail over her own daughter. ugh. i would have settled for quinn in that room and i don't even like her.
WORD on this. Just word.

As much as I am blaming writers for not giving us Nathan/HL scenes because yes, I am blaming them for screwing us over but what's even more worst to slap us in the face is that they actually showed flashback of Jamie's birth with Nathan in damn same room with Haley, watching over him, laughing, and being a ~true family they always wanted? And bam, here we are taken away from that for second chance? Really, show, really?! They don't even have maybe 5 seconds, just only FIVE SECONDS of Nathan in same room, holding Lydia with Jamie by his side, Haley watching over them, smiling.

If they have done that with Nathan holding Lydia for few seconds then next scene with Brooke coming in the room and holding Lydia would be fine with me. I would be okay with that, to be honest.

But we don't even have that scene at all especially that Chloe, yes, a freaking guest star, who had a scene with father of her child sitting by her, watching over their daughter? How is that fair?! How is that...possible for them to make time for Chloe to have ~family moment but not Haley and Nathan when they are the main casts on this damn show for the past eight years?

As much as I always used to love BH friendship, but I am not gonna lie, that Brooke holding Lydia in her arms kinda tainted BH friendship to me. I know that it's not Brooke's fault but I can't help it that it's already tainted in my eyes. I hate writers more than this scene which is good thing but BH friendship is already tainted that this moment is supposed to be Nathan/Haley with their children.

And yeah, I am going to live in la-la fantasy that Nathan held his daughter before going over to Clay/Quinn/Jamie to break the news and pretend that it did happen because the past almost an hour of show was so good with flashbacks. And not to mention, those flashbacks brought back old feeling I had when I fell in love with NH and that was the reason why I was a diehard NH fan, gah so much has changed now that this show has ruined so much damage for them and everybody else. Sad isn't it?

And lol at no LH flashbacks considering that LH happens to be a HUGE importance in Haley's life so they should be mentioned and not to mention Lucas happens to be Lydia's freaking uncle for god's sake yet he's not even mentioned at all? Oh yeah, show, you are so predictable.
deep within me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

As a Haley fan, there's nothing to complain about with this ep. I mean basically every character talked about how awesome she is and had a flashback about her, even Clay! she had great little moment with her daughter, and the VO saying 'and this one is mine' was presh.

As a Nathan and NH fan? kind of a fail. I mean the 1 scene we had of them in realtime when he was telling her the story was adorable and I loved it, but to leave Nathan out of that final moment just really kind of killed the buzz. It was a sad scene, when it should have been a celebration between NH. It really sucked, and I think it was a horrible call by the writers or whoever decided that would be a good way to end the episode.

I don't give a damn about Brooke, so I don't get why everything has to come down to her...in the show and to the fans. I mean for me I'm disappointed as heck about that last scene, but I'm not gonna just go a rant about Brooke because of it. A rant against the writing, yea, a rant against how awful the show is, ALWAYS. But idk... who cares about Brooke, is my thought on the matter. It doesn't matter who was holding Lydia at the end of the ep, anyone other than Nathan and I'd still be just as disappointed.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode.

Loved the flashbacks, but man was it so hard to show LP as well?!?!?

Poor Brooke, she can't catch a freaking break.
Wonder how they're gonna cope with this now.

I really appreciating Brooke not stealing Haley's thunder, she's really so good.

Jamie and his scrapbook

The story behind Haley's middle name, I can't even

The last scene broke my heart
Old 04-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Ok i saw the ending of this episode and all i really have to say... writers, thank you for ruining such an awesome character known as Brooke Davis. I really am sorry, and if i get in trouble, i am sorry but the basically did. I loved how nathan knew something was wrong and he knew she was lying, but didnt want to press further. But way to ruin brooke... first she cant have kids and now this, someone who promised their baby and decides oops nevermind. its also called open adopation. Personally, i rather have nathan & haley & jamie than brooke with haley & lydia, becase it was showing how brooke is part of their family and even though haley didnt show it but she knew something was up, thats why i always loved their friendship, because sometimes actions speak louder than words. Like in season 7 with the whole cheating scandle and before haley could say something was wrong, brooke knew something right away... could of been much better (and this is why i dont watch the show that much, they always seem to miss the important stuff, that makes one tree hill) Thanks
Top Ships: Stelena, Juliette/Avery Brucas, Capatin Swan, Naley, Cory&Topanaga, Bamon, Danny/Riley, Lannie, Austin/Ally, Belle/Rumple, Snowing,Ted/Robin, Marshall/Lily, Outlawqueen, Charah, Quick, LOVE, JanexRafuel, Lena&Stef, Brallie and Ross/Rachel
SaraLove8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch0621 (View Post)
I absolutely loathe the fact that Brooke got to hold Lydia before Nathan. Just...MAJOR FAIL is right Candice.
It was just WRONG on all kinds of levels.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Living on my own bubble where we get to see all those NHJL and Lucas moments. Beautiful bubble

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

I'm actually really loving all this NH and the NH flashbacks.

Okay, I take it back.... flashback overload! I still love the NH ones though.

WOW... why would they do that to Brooke? Yikes. I feel for her.

I hate that we didn't see Nathan, Haley, Jamie and Lydia together... Weird.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

I’ve read all the comments and kept an open mind and appreciate everyone’s input and POV.

But I still think the writers need to stop having Brooke leech on everything esp. NHJL. They put in that end scene to make me feel sorry for her; instead I just wanted to throw something at my screen when it ended on her and her cry face. So mission failed, on my end at least. She and her cry face can just evaporate.

Thank you though writers for letting me still love Haley after 8 years. Thank you for having the characters talks about her. Also at least this ep showcased NH over the years…the only main tie to S1, the Scotts.

I never hated Brooke, now I don’t care about her at all and she bugs…same with 99% of the rest of the show. So OTH will end soon with me still loving my favorite character Haley and having NHJL as a family (even if we don’t SEE it on screen in this ep with Lydia).
Quote:
As a Haley fan, there's nothing to complain about with this ep. I mean basically every character talked about how awesome she is and had a flashback about her, even Clay! she had great little moment with her daughter, and the VO saying 'and this one is mine' was presh.

As a Nathan and NH fan? kind of a fail. I mean the 1 scene we had of them in realtime when he was telling her the story was adorable and I loved it, but to leave Nathan out of that final moment just really kind of killed the buzz. It was a sad scene, when it should have been a celebration between NH. It really sucked, and I think it was a horrible call by the writers or whoever decided that would be a good way to end the episode.

I don't give a damn about Brooke, so I don't get why everything has to come down to her...in the show and to the fans. I mean for me I'm disappointed as heck about that last scene, but I'm not gonna just go a rant about Brooke because of it. A rant against the writing, yea, a rant against how awful the show is, ALWAYS. But idk... who cares about Brooke, is my thought on the matter. It doesn't matter who was holding Lydia at the end of the ep, anyone other than Nathan and I'd still be just as disappointed.
THIS.

Though I have to say, the writers with Brooke is just too much. Sure she doesn't always get the happy BUT they always find a way to bring it ALL back to her. I mean I would have been upset had it been anyone at the end but Nathan (though honestly even Quinn or Jamie would have made more sense) but this season it's just been Brooke's issues shoved down my throat. I'm choking! Enough. I get it. I can't even be happy for NH or Haley this season, because Brooke's pain is always there in my face. Not even Quinn (who last season I thought was too much on her own issues vs Haley's) is that bad this season.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 04-20-2011 at 04:56 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
But why the Brooke hate? Look I don't like Brooke anymore for a lot of reasons, but there are some things that get said in here that make no sense. Having Brooke with Haley/Lydia rather than Nathan IS a problem, but it's not Brooke's fault either. It's the writers. She didn't tell them what happened BECAUSE it was Haley's moment. I'm not sure why she's to blame here. I agree I would be annoyed if this happened to my ship, but what did Brooke herself do wrong?

What? At first she thought NH got married young because they were pregnant (because, who gets married at 16? it's a realistic thought) but throughout high school, mostly s3/4 when she and haley became close, she absolutely admired NH and it was shown. See her 3x22 speech. She told them "maybe you'll make the rest of us believe in true love someday" or w/e. She defended them to Rachel and told her to back off. Brooke has always wanted a relationship like theirs, so.. I don't get this.
She might've admired their love and what not because she had to share her love(Lucas) with someone else whereas Naley only had eyes for each other but she thought they were nuts for being married in HS and that her lifestyle was so much better. Even when Lucas showed her Haley's wedding ring at Rachel's cabin when Nathan wanted to re- propose, Brooke got freaked and said are you pulling a Naley. Later she became very envious/jealous of Naley and what they had to the point where it consumed her most of seasons 5 to present. Big change in Brookes character for the worse in my opinion.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

As a Nathan fan first.. I am completely disappointed in this episode. It really would NOT have been to much to have shown Nathan holding his daughter... you know the one that they have had Nathan wanting since... forever ago The writers are just fail.

As a Brooke fan second.. I know that it has been said, but I hate that they showed her holding the baby before Nathan.. I do understand the need for that scene though, so I am trying to push away the negativity that I feel when I watch that scene! I also feel bad that she keeps getting so close to having kids and then denied at the last second.. that has got to suck!! I like that she didn't want to destory Nathan/Haley's moment.. Brooke is a good friend to Nathan and Haley.

The NH flashback scenes were AWESOME!! Definitely the best part of this episode and even though One Tree Hill is a total fail, NH will always be the light in this heap of crap.. they carry this show!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

What the writers failed to realize that when you continuously throw drama after drama after drama to the same character, ie: Brooke, the audience becomes numb to it all and in my case begins to resent and dislike the character. It has become a nuisance more than anything else especially when you know damn well that eventually she will get what she wants. It just loses the "WOW". I really just find Brooke annoying because of this and find it very hard to feel anything for her character. I have become "comfortably numb" when it comes to her.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by weens (View Post)
She might've admired their love and what not because she had to share her love(Lucas) with someone else whereas Naley only had eyes for each other but she thought they were nuts for being married in HS and that her lifestyle was so much better. Even when Lucas showed her Haley's wedding ring at Rachel's cabin when Nathan wanted to re- propose, Brooke got freaked and said are you pulling a Naley. Later she became very envious/jealous of Naley and what they had to the point where it consumed her most of seasons 5 to present. Big change in Brookes character for the worse in my opinion.
So because Brooke didn't want to get married in high school, it means she thought her lifestyle was so much better? I don't think that's how it works. You're saying that she thought it was nuts but not giving anything to back it up really. You don't tell someone that they might make people believe in true love someday, or that their love makes you feel safer if you think they are "nuts". She also told Lucas in that scene, btw, that it was "so romantic" that Nathan wanted to give Haley a big wedding. And do you really think Haley would've made her MoH if she believed that's how Brooke viewed NH? I doubt it.

The idea that Brooke used to believe popularity and beauty was the most important thing is wrong. That was what she was like on the surface, but I don't see how you missed that it's not really what she believed. On the time capsule, she was talking about how being in love is what it's all about and how she feels sorry for people if they don't experience it etc. Just because she embraced her popularity and beauty and what not, doesn't mean she felt it was the most important thing.

Quote:
What the writers failed to realize that when you continuously throw drama after drama after drama to the same character, ie: Brooke, the audience becomes numb to it all and in my case begins to resent and dislike the character. It has become a nuisance more than anything else especially when you know damn well that eventually she will get what she wants. It just loses the "WOW". I really just find Brooke annoying because of this and find it very hard to feel anything for her character. I have become "comfortably numb" when it comes to her.
IA with this though. This whole thing was predictable since day one, and while once upon a time I felt bad for her, that's long since changed. I guess that's what happens on a show like OTH where they've clearly run out of new stories to tell. Have to keep resorting to old ones and bringing them up constantly.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
So because Brooke didn't want to get married in high school, it means she thought her lifestyle was so much better? I don't think that's how it works. You're saying that she thought it was nuts but not giving anything to back it up really. You don't tell someone that they might make people believe in true love someday, or that their love makes you feel safer if you think they are "nuts". She also told Lucas in that scene, btw, that it was "so romantic" that Nathan wanted to give Haley a big wedding. And do you really think Haley would've made her MoH if she believed that's how Brooke viewed NH? I doubt it.

The idea that Brooke used to believe popularity and beauty was the most important thing is wrong. That was what she was like on the surface, but I don't see how you missed that it's not really what she believed. On the time capsule, she was talking about how being in love is what it's all about and how she feels sorry for people if they don't experience it etc. Just because she embraced her popularity and beauty and what not, doesn't mean she felt it was the most important thing.

IA with this though. This whole thing was predictable since day one, and while once upon a time I felt bad for her, that's long since changed. I guess that's what happens on a show like OTH where they've clearly run out of new stories to tell. Have to keep resorting to old ones and bringing them up constantly.
Believing in love and believing in a HS marriage are totally different. Of course Brooke wanted to believe in love, what HS girl doesn't want that pollyanna. I don't think Brooke nor Lucas nor Peyton for that matter were ever thinking of marriage back in HS with each other. Brooke in HS wasn't to successful when it came to true love so of course she would admire Haley and Nathan for finding it and being able to keep it in the long run. However in season 5 to present Brooke has become consumed and obsessed with babies and marriage and that is not what I expected out of her character at all. For the life of me I can't see why they would take Brooke down this path of domesticity. Not saying she shouldn't have found love or the right guy but all these constant obstacles throw at her just become so redundant and boring and very annoying.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This. I used to feel so much for Brooke when she cried, but it was because she hardly ever did. Now it's whine, whine, whine, mop, mop, mop, poor me, the world hates me, I want the boy and the baby and I'm perfectly fine with being unemployed and UGH! I just can't take it anymore. OTH can't manage not to ruin their characters I loved BLPNH, but in the end the only ones I still find likeable at all are NH.

Quote:
Old school Brooke I miss her so much.

Quote:
For the life of me I can't see why they would take Brooke down this path of domesticity. Not saying she shouldn't have found love or the right guy but all these constant obstacles throw at her just become so redundant and boring and very annoying.
Agreed. I for once would have liked to see Brooke end up single. When she broke up with Julian last season I was SO happy, because I expected her to say: Okay, this is what I've become and I don't like it. What am I going to do about it?
But no. She did the exact same thing Peyton did in season 5, put her life on hold for a guy. I don't care how in love you are, you can't throw all your principles and self respect out the window for a man. Particularly when that man has proved beyond a doubt he's not worth it
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

This show is awful now because there is no drama. They are all married or in serious relationships. That's not good TV. I would've liked to see them explore Brooke in a different light, maybe career-oriented, or just show that at 25 or however old she is, not everyone is married with children. They introduced new characters in Clay and Quinn, yet what did they do? Paired them up and now they will be together forever. They wrote themselves into a hole where there is literally nothing left to say.

There's just no suspense left either. You can't honestly sit and wonder or speculate about what will happen to a character or a couple or anything. It's all predictable and practically written in stone. They will all live happily ever after and have babies. Riveting television right there. That's why they're milking this Brooke storyline for all it's worth... it's the one thing that might leave a fan wondering what will happen.

Quote:
Believing in love and believing in a HS marriage are totally different. Of course Brooke wanted to believe in love, what HS girl doesn't want that pollyanna. I don't think Brooke nor Lucas nor Peyton for that matter were ever thinking of marriage back in HS with each other. Brooke in HS wasn't to successful when it came to true love so of course she would admire Haley and Nathan for finding it and being able to keep it in the long run. However in season 5 to present Brooke has become consumed and obsessed with babies and marriage and that is not what I expected out of her character at all. For the life of me I can't see why they would take Brooke down this path of domesticity. Not saying she shouldn't have found love or the right guy but all these constant obstacles throw at her just become so redundant and boring and very annoying.
But you're contradicting yourself by saying Brooke thought it was nuts and then saying of course she admired NH for finding true love. Which one is it? If she truly thought they were nuts for getting married at 16, love or no love, she wouldn't have admired them. That's all there is to it.