Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] 8x04 - "We All Fall Down"

We All Fall Down

Original Air Date:October 5, 2010
Episode: 8.04

Official Episode Description

BROOKE FACES A MORAL DILEMMA - As Brooke (Sophia Bush) deals with the mounting financial troubles at Clothes Over Bro's, Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) come to a conclusion regarding Nathan's career. Meanwhile, Julian (Austin Nichols) begins a new film project, while Alex (guest star Jana Kramer) and Chase (guest star Stephen Colletti) spend the afternoon together. Robert Buckley, Shantel VanSanten and Jackson Brundage also star. The episode was written by William H. Brown, and directed by Peter B. Kowalski (#804).

Episode Clips from 8.04:

Sneak Peek One/Official Episode Promo

Sneak Peek Two Episode Clip, No Mark Schwahn Episode Preview

Episode Stills from 8.04:

No episode stills to display at this time.

Source: CWTV One Tree Hill Photos Images: We All Fall Down(None available)

*Credit and thanks to everyone who uploaded the clips to youtube or hosted stills, etc.
*Apologies in advance if any promo or episode still has been omitted.
*All episode stills, as well as all clips following the official one, have been linked to avoid creating any potential spoiler conflict. Please follow the link(s) at your own discretion.

Rules:

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases or other posters. Please treat others respectfully.

- Please remember that no icons, fanart, etc., are permissible using episode stills until after the episode airs.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Apologies for the double post.

The CW posted this revision note about tomorrow's episode:

Quote:
REVISED CW PRIMETIME LISTINGS FOR OCTOBER 5, 2010 (ALL TIMES ET)

Please Note:

•· On Tuesday, October 5 "One Tree Hill" will run 20 seconds longer, airing from 8:00-9:00:20 p.m. "Life Unexpected" will air from 9:00:20-10:00 p.m.

Source: The CW
So, if any of you rely on DVR or Tivo or some other recording mechanism to watch the show, you may want to set it accordingly, such that it allows for some run over time. Who knows if it will make a real difference, but maybe just to be on the safe side.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks so much for starting, K! Hmm 20 seconds? Wonder what they are squeezing into that timeslot.

heart packed in ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

What I am most excited about for this epi is getting to see Haley and how she acts at the crisis center. I think we are in for some good laughs because from the looks of the promo I don't think Haley will have much patience. I have no doubt that Joys delivery will kill it!!! Can't wait for tonight's episode, feels good to feel like that again.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

great, we get to hear from some more psychos in Tree Hill. Greeeeat!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow... this episode for me spelled the beginning of the end of OTH... It seems as though everyone is losing their "dream" to fulfill their domesticated "dream" so I guess that's Mark's way of coming full circle. Looks like Julian might make a documentary about Nathan and Brooke's struggles perhaps? Who knows! Glad we didn't have too much Quinn/Clay sappyness tonight.

And did anyone else know as soon as Nathan said the beach house was fine that he was going to be the one to get everything back together. The best scene of the night was Nathan going into the beach house kinda reliving the whole situation. I really felt for him!

On a selfish note I'm glad he's sticking around the house more so we can watch his awesomeness...

Kinda missed Jamie tonight! And the Chase/Alex scenes were eh! I mean are we supposed to be rooting for them? LOL

Icon credit: IceQueenFollower
*Marcie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Please tell me there is away i can watch it online i missed it cause of my stupid brother
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So, I hear Susie Suh sang the theme song on tonight's episode, right? Boo! Now I'm bummed I was in my night class.

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:37 PM
New Fan

That Haley/Julian scene was off - it seemed very random and out of place for me. It had the vibe of one of the deleted scenes from the DVDs...just weird.
jr588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Sometimes after watching OTH, I feel like I'm rewatching an afternoon special as a kid back in the early 90's. LOL
Old 10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Brooke's decision to give up everything she owns for the investors was pretty interesting. I love Brooke's selflessness and I really hope we get to see something out of it. The whole show is full of ridiculously rich 20-somethings who never have to worry about rent or savings. It will be really nice to see some reality here... have Brooke and Julian struggle to make due, trying to find work and actually struggle with finances. As much as I love Brooke and want her to be happy, I do want someone on this show to get a reality check on money issues. I mean we barely got to see Nathan and Haley struggle when they were in their teens and had a kid. So unrealistic.

I'm actually curious to see where Julian's documentary thing came from.

It was nice to see Alex act more like herself... bubbly, cute, and happy. They changed her so much throughout last season. I miss Brooke that way, though.

Quinn is pointless in this show, and her relationship with Clay still sucks.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:10 PM
New Fan

Julian Overload

This episode

-I'm so upset that Nathan is giving up the NBA! If he's giving up basketball, then there's really no point in Clay anymore. And if there's no point in Clay's character, good riddance to Quinn?
-Chase and Alex (Chex?) suck.
-Please. No more hospital scenes. Please.
-This Brooke Bailout...guh!
-I miss Dan.

On the bright side, I appreciate the lack of Jamie. I don't however appreciate giving all of Jamie's screen time to Julian. And can someone explain the ending? Julian's "What Comes Next"--he had such a menacing expression.

P.S. Hello, Junk. Nice to hear your name.
diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Marcie* (View Post)
And did anyone else know as soon as Nathan said the beach house was fine that he was going to be the one to get everything back together. The best scene of the night was Nathan going into the beach house kinda reliving the whole situation. I really felt for him!
I did and that was on purpose. He wants to protect Quinn from all the madness as much as possible. But, as we saw in the final minutes tonight, Nathan is taking this on all by himself.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Elite Fan

Haley: Shallow first...her hair/wardrobe continues to be great. More LH letters! If they can't get Chad to appear by the end, they need to get him to record a VO of a letter replying to Haley at least.

I'm running out of words to describe how talented and wonderful Joy is because every week...every.single.episode she continues to amaze me. She's just always bringing her A game and this ep was no different.

How much do I love Haley? Volunteering at the crisis centre is just so good, so her and more importantly I LOVE that her depression has not been brushed under the carpet like it never existed after S7 ended. I love that she wants to give back, I love that despite it all, she's trying to remain positive and think about the good things in life. I think if OTH was another more in depth show they would have shown us more of that struggle, but the fact that she's even continuing to get a storyline and focus is more then enough for me considering this show.

The start with Junk & the other callers was funny, LOL and the end with her VO being the conversation with someone really needing help was done well.

HQ: Wow. The writing sure has stepped up...Haley getting praise from Quinn, the chemistry, the bond ect...all was on display in full force. I haven't had any complaints thus far this season with the writing for HQ.

Haley/Julian:Firstly can Julian and/or Brooke stop saying they want to kidnap Jamie? I know it's a joke but eh, please...also show stop trying to force down my throat and using Jamie to prove what great parents BJu would make... I KNOW. I DON'T CARE...I just want to see Jamie with his you know his you know his ACTUAL parents they are the only ones I need Jamie trying to show can be parents, kthanx. Except when NH need some alone time and we get more scenes...in the case drop him off at Chuck's or BJu or whoever, so NH can get some couple time.

Anyway it was a nice thowaway scene...Julian is such a girl now huh. Somewhere along the way that must have altered Julian's personality somewhat because I don't remember him being this way when he first arrived in S6.

Usually I don't like random scenes, but this one felt natural, thanks to Joy who has the ability to make anything feel natural but honestly whether we get Haley/Julian scenes ehh...I think Haley/Clay have more friendship chem...I need some HC scenes LOL. HC>>>Haley/Julian...so please more HC show!

NH:Only two scenes and not very long but still both were excellent (the shaving cream was so cute how he wiped it off her, ). NH are really stable right now, and just showing how much they love each other and how their family means everything...I like that. With this hopefully being the last season I don't need any high drama for them, I'm content with just seeing them be...them...the strong couple that faces things together.

If I have one complaint it's that the scene where Nate tells her he will leave the NBA should have been more...epic? I mean it's a huge deal and they just seemed to gloss over that NH scene...I really hope they have more talks in future. I mean in S6 all NH did was talk about mostly about BB (lol) and now that they really need to have one of those talks, it was like..ok, done and dusted, to do list of telling Haley checked, LOL...I mean come on show, Nate in the NBA has been this IMMENSELY HUGE thing for 7 seasons...I was expecting more I don't know...but just more, not just in the NH scene (hopefully in future eps they talk more) but just overall...I mean they end it by showing Julian looking at him walking away? That's how you end a 7 season arc/staple of the show?

Still the line about wanting to be with his family for Nathan was that man always has the sweetest things to say. How do I feel about no more NBA for Nate? I really don't know how to answer that just yet...I feel like realistically lots of people achieve their dream and then have to let it go for whatever reason...but it nags that lets be honest the ONLY reason why this is happening is because the show can't afford to pay the NBA rights and because they got another season. If it had ended at S7 Nate would still be in the NBA. I don't really like it when real life impacts the journey of the characters. I know it can't be helped, but it's obvious to me at least that Nathan would serve out his 20s in the NBA and then retire from his own free will and start to coach...I think that's what the writers always envisioned for him but because of getting another season and not being able to show him playing in the NBA and probably not wanting to have him always away like in S6 (which ngl I didn't want those pesky NH phone calls, LOL)they wrote themselves into a corner.

Now all I can hope is that since they have this seemingly new direction for Nathan that they do it as much justice as they can...because BB has always been a part of Nathan and yes family is important, but so is your individual identity and BB played that role for him...so let's see. The jury's still out for now.

Oh that promo...NH by the pool table, all flirty...now that's what I'm talking about! S4 who? Thank god the writers aren't making S8 another S4...this season so far has been so great for Haley/NH. Let it continue, pretty please with a cherry on top!

Last edited by diamond gothic; 10-06-2010 at 02:15 AM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hmm...Where to begin...

Brooke: I feel so bad for her! And I'm proud of her! (I know, it's a TV show but whatever ). It sucks that she's giving away everything she's worked so hard for since high school, but maybe this is what she needs. A chance to start over. She still got her talent, and I'm positive she can make another kick ass clothing line if she wanted to. Maybe this time she'll keep it smaller so she'll be able to control it more and not have people like Victoria run things.

Speaking of Victoria. I hate her for what she's put Brooke through lately, but man, she's working that orange jump suit! And of course she's got herself a prison b***h! Lady is fierce! (Victoria, not her b***h.)

Julian is still the most amazing and sweet guy in Tree Hill. Like the fact that he's got scenes with the other main characters. About time. And I adore the way he treats Brooke. She's lucky to have a guy like him. And I'm curious to see what he's up to with the thing at the end. Looks like a new project..which is probably a good thing since they'll need money to pay for the wedding.

BJu: Easily the best relationship on the show in my opinion. They're great together, and I loved Julian taking her to The Biltmore Estate. And I'm glad he's there for her now that she's going through a tough time with the company. They're just too cute together! Even if one of them is crying. hah...btw, Sophia can cry like no ones business! Girl is amazing!

And that was basically the only thing I liked. Brooke, Julian & Victoria make the show for me, the others? Not so much.

What was the point of Chase & Alex in this episode? They brought NOTHING to the eppy! And how old is Alex? Because she's acting like a bratty teen. If they're not interacting with the main cast, then just don't have them on screen, sucking screen time away from storylines that actually matter. But that's just my opinion.

Didn't care for Nathan or Haley this episode either. Yeah, sucks that Nathan can't play ball but eh...can't say I'm bothered by it. Haley...meh, don't care for her at all. The only scene I liked with her this episode was the one with Julian, but that's only because Julian is awesome imo.

Clay's boring. As is Quinn. Can't even force myself to hate them anymore. I just roll my eyes everytime they're on screen and think about something else until something interesting comes on.

And please, stop with the letters to Lucas! Is this going to continue for the rest of the season? Urgh. I doubt he'll be back so I'm guessing it's just Mark throwing the fans a bone. Though I'd rather have Haley writing to Lucas every episode than having him back on the show, even for a minute.

And the theme song sucked this week as well. Nothing new and I doubt it'll be better next week.

Last edited by DirtySexyMoney; 10-06-2010 at 02:19 AM
DirtySexyMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread