Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal heart (View Post)
Any scene with the cast who has been here since Season 1 would be great for me at the moment

Even though we get Nathan/Haley of course and Skills/Mouth scenes, I want to see Brooke have more scene with NHJ. Probably it should be another road trip on this show
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
LOL...I'll be honest though Mouth annoys me most of the time after S3 so I'm happy we don't get any/much MH scenes. He or Skills would probably whine about Millie/Lauren/girl of the week. The further NH is from the quad of doom (Skills/Mouth/Lauren/Millie) the happier I am.

Quote:
Even though we get Nathan/Haley
You know even though we do (and they're married so of course it's a given) and I shouldn't complain because it's been NH scenes for 7 seasons, the problem is even this year we haven't had that many NH scenes or even NHJ scenes. So before I want to see Nate and Haley interacting with others, I want them to increase NHJ/NH first, imo only. Lots of eps have had 1 scene only and some eps even none at all (7.04) especially for NHJ, and when we do get scenes, most of the time they are quite short in duration. I love the quality and am thankful for it don't get me wrong, but I feel sometimes the writers need to know which character interactions to prioritise and lessen the guests/secondary characters so as to increase the quantity/length of scenes for the more important relationships. Like they could have lessened the scenes for Miranda/Grubbs/Alex/Mouth/Skills/Lauren and instead inserted a Nathan/Clay, another Nathan/Haley or even Nathan/Quinn (she could have told him thankyou for looking after her little sis and them during this hard time) scene, they could have had a longer BH scene in 7.19 ect or heck even have a one-sided Haley/Luke or Haley/Peyton or Nathan/Luke phone call! LOL. I'm sure even that would be more preferred over Alex/Julian's dad scene, LOL. Love your icon btw.

But anyways the use of characters I can rant on forever...right now though I'm just happy/grateful for this Haley depression arc and want to give props to the writers for what we are getting. There's a lot of heart/family/character exploration in this storyline and even the promo with Joy's voice gave me goosebumps (yay for a Haley voiceover!).
Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ew, Mouth/Haley. Give me Skills/Haley, but that's it. Mouth has been dead to be since he threw that brick through Brooke's windshield.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just give me Nathan and Nathan/Haley and I'll be happy. I also love the BH scenes and I would love some BHN scenes aswell. The rest of the show I really couldn't care about.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well I guess the writers felt that Brooke and Mouth deserved a nice scene and pretty lengthy one at that, to discuss Mouth's latest female dilemma and they felt that Haley who is spiraling out of control didn't need a little visit from her only best friend left in the town other than her husband, Brooke Too much time spent on Mouth/Lauren/Skills drama and these moments take away from scenes that should be, like more BH. Brooke is Jamie's Godmother and it seems that ever since Quinn came into the picture she can't interact with him or even babysit him. They just don't understand that most of us would rather watch Nathan, Haley and Brooke and I'll throw in Julian because he is part of Brooke now, watch paint dry as a scene than have to sit through scenes that involve characters who we don't really care about on their own.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

Well Quinn is his aunt so they should have scenes sometimes, but honestly I'm surpised people want to see Jamie in scenes with others, LOL. I love him, but if he wasn't NH's kid, I wouldn't care if he didn't have scenes with a character I loved imo. Jamie's screentime imo should really be supporting whatever his parents are up to and having (limited) some scenes here and there with others...but he isn't needed in every ep and he doesn't need his own storylines separate from his parents or spend a whole ep with Quinn or Skills or being baby-sat with some other character who are not NH. He's use should be a prop to his parents, that's all.

Basically I don't need Jamie the community kid from S5, but I also don't want Jamie the main character & getting more scenes then even Haley from S6. The way Jamie was used in this ep was good and overall this season he's been used way better then S6.
I still think Skills should have asked him about home and how things are, not talk to him like he's 25 year old buddy. Speaking of the word buddy, it's still way overused. It hurts my ears everytime I hear it, honestly it takes me out of the moment because when someone says it I think uh-huh there it is or sometimes I can't focus on a scene because I'm just waiting to hear it, LOL.

I love Clay & Quinn when they are interacting with NHJ. But when they are with each other or others? Not so much.

Quote:
it seems that ever since Quinn came into the picture she can't interact with him or even babysit him.
The last couple of eps there hasn't been any Jamie/Quinn. They're just using Jamie less or when using him, having him in scenes with his parents, and that's personally what I want to see.

Quote:
Joy's doing a wonder job with it, and I am really looking forward to it.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
Well Quinn is his aunt so they should have scenes sometimes, but honestly I'm surpised people want to see Jamie in scenes with others, LOL. I love him, but if he wasn't NH's kid, I wouldn't care if he didn't have scenes with a character I loved imo. Jamie's screentime imo should really be supporting whatever his parents are up to and having (limited) some scenes here and there with others...but he isn't needed in every ep and he doesn't need his own storylines separate from his parents or spend a whole ep with Quinn or Skills or being baby-sat with some other character who are not NH. He's use should be a prop to his parents, that's all.

Basically I don't need Jamie the community kid from S5, but I also don't want Jamie the main character & getting more scenes then even Haley from S6. The way Jamie was used in this ep was good and overall this season he's been used way better then S6.
I still think Skills should have asked him about home and how things are, not talk to him like he's 25 year old buddy. Speaking of the word buddy, it's still way overused. It hurts my ears everytime I hear it, honestly it takes me out of the moment because when someone says it I think uh-huh there it is or sometimes I can't focus on a scene because I'm just waiting to hear it, LOL.

I love Clay & Quinn when they are interacting with NHJ. But when they are with each other or others? Not so much.

The last couple of eps there hasn't been any Jamie/Quinn. They're just using Jamie less or when using him, having him in scenes with his parents, and that's personally what I want to see.

Oh, I agree with everything you said, I was just pointing out that there isn't anymore meshing of the original core characters since the introduction of the latest new characters Quinn, Clay and Alex and if we want them to intertwine a little bit more they need to add them somehow into the others orbit every now and then just to give it the feel of that old school OTH.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
. I also love the BH scenes and I would love some BHN scenes aswell.
Agreed.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Just give me Nathan and Nathan/Haley and I'll be happy. I also love the BH scenes and I would love some BHN scenes aswell. The rest of the show I really couldn't care about.
other than clay/Quinn, that's all I like.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, finally a gay character on the show, color me shocked. It only took 7 seasons and even then we barely see any interaction there.

I like seeing Haley's grief. At least they are keeping up with that. The piano stuff was definitely weird though.

Another very filler episode. I'm ready for this season to end, not that season 8 is going to be much better.

Alex/Julian continue to be amazing.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really like seeing katie because she reminds me of sara. I really liked them clay and sara. They were the real love story. neutral on NH and BJ. I care less about chase and mouth.