Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] 7x20 - "Learning to Fall"

Learning to Fall

Original Air Date:May 3, 2010
Episode: 7.20

Official Episode Description

CLAY IS CONFRONTED BY AN UNSTABLE KATIE - Nathan (James Lafferty) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) struggle with the aftermath of her mother's death, while Brooke (Sophia Bush) deals with the fallout of Alexander's (guest star Mitch Ryan) tryst with Victoria (guest star Daphne Zuniga). Alex (Jana Kramer) discovers a secret about her leading man, Josh (guest star Paul Teal), that could derail Julian's (Austin Nichols) film, and Clay (Robert Buckley) is confronted by an unhinged Katie (guest star Amanda Schull). Shantel VanSanten also stars.

Episode Clips from 7.20:

Sneak Peek One/Official Episode Promo

Sneak Peek Two on CW Website, Sneak Peek Three, Sneak Peek Four (Final Four Episode General Preview), No Mark Schwahn Episode Preview

Episode Stills from 7.20:

No episode stills to display at this time.

*Credit and thanks to everyone who uploaded the clips to youtube or hosted stills, etc.
*Apologies in advance if any promo or episode still has been omitted.
*All episode stills, as well as all clips following the official one, have been linked to avoid creating any potential spoiler conflict. Please follow the link(s) at your own discretion.

Rules:

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases or other posters. Please treat others respectfully.

- Please remember that no icons, fanart, etc., are permissible using episode stills until after the episode airs.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

- Really OTH? Haley's gonna set fire to her piano, which could have burned the entire house down? Please stop, you're ridiculous. I would have much preferred they did a 'Haley becomes an alcoholic storyline or something because this is so OTT. Just don't bring Ghost!Lydia on, though.
- Also stop with Grubbs/Miranda and Mouth/Lauren/Skills. I promise that nobody cares.
- This Katie ish is horrible. But I was cheering for her to stab Quinn to death with that piece of glass, ngl. Way to ruin the only way I could enjoy that ish.
- How many times have they done the old person/young person storyline on this show? Old people can date old people!
- Alex wins, but do not care/understand that storyline fully.
- Using Clay/Katie to promote the next ep? Really? PS: Nobody believes that Haley is really going to try to kill herself next week.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

I was kind of looking forward to Haley's storyline, but now not so much. It was all way too ridiculous, imo. I was actually starting to get annoyed with her.

Still don't care about Miranda/Grubbs, Mouth/Lauren/Skills/Millie, etc.

The movie storyline/sex tape stuff is so boring.

Brooke/Julian are the only thing saving this mess of a show right now.

Also, no one can deny that Sophia looked amazing in that red bow. Like, damn. Girl is gorgeous.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

same old story love your avi and sig combo it looks like a really touching scene.

About the epi: I forgot about Haley setting fire to the piano and then she was just sitting by it like the fire wouldn't spread. (really like her storyline though)

Many throw away scenes, Jamie doesn't need anymore school or everyday is the weekend in Tree Hill lol.

Quinn's voice makes me want stick my finger through my eye, into my brain and swirl it around.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

- I was feeling the storyline up until the ending. LOLZ. But I wouldn't of been opposed to Haley torching the place with Jame and Nathan inside. and scram. Way to eliminate them from the show. Kidding. But seriously WTF with the ending?
- I don't care about anything else.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
breath we drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Still don't care about Miranda/Grubbs, Mouth/Lauren/Skills/Millie,
I don't either

-I'm still hoping for miranda to leave so they can bring peyton back can't she help grubbs with his record?
- I thought for sure they were going to make Haley into an alcoholic, but come on, her watching that fire burn on the piano kind of confused me, did she have any intention of putting it out?
-i don't hate/love brooke and julian they were ok today nice to see them happy
-I don't like the whole psycho Katie thing, I'd rather have her come in as a nice, sane character that would have been another love interest for Clay but thats just me.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Haley burning the piano was actually significant. Earlier Nathan suggests for her to try and focus on her music to see her through missing her mom. Haley wants to escape feeling like this so she asked what if it doesn't help? -- she doesn't want to feel how she is feeling, but she cannot control it. I think when Haley approached the piano she wanted to indulge herself in her music and try to find a gateway. However, she spilled her drink on it and I think that symbolizes a block in trying to heal. Spilling the drink when she was trying to actually feel something was probably frustrating (a heightened frustration which links to her depression). So she knew music apparently wouldn't ease the pain, so her burning the piano was giving up on that gateway, I think. And she was in a sort of trance as a result of the depression and, perhaps, lost in the idea that she was trapped and couldn't find an escape. All just random analysis.

I am really interested in Haley's storyline, so that's all I will comment on.
Serene_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

But ... She lit the thing on fire. Just, no. I get why it was significant from a writing stand point - but this is real life, and NO. I was gonna make a joke about lighting Jamie on fire or something, but I won't. I'll just second the 'lighting the house on fire with them in it' suggestion.

Quote:
same old story love your avi and sig combo it looks like a really touching scene.
Aw, thanks. The scene was very touching, imo!
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Loyal Fan

No prob, I really want to see that scene. I have to catch up on Glee, it comes on the same time as LOST so I've been missing it since it came back.

Sorry for going OT.

The leftover Chinese food Haley gave Jamie looked really good LOL.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Uhm, I do not understand this show anymore. The writing is absolutely ridic. I know I'm going to be called bitter again but having Brooke THANK Peyton for Julian... SERIOUSLY? Peyton was a despicable friend to you and you're thanking you for treating you and your current boyfriend horribely so that you could meet him? Mark you need help. I can't even explain how badly you have ruined the character of Brooke, who incidently in her early form is my second favorite character of all time, with this kind of BS

But Haley wins at life.

was holy ground
LoVeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

That is very true, same old story, I understand your perspective. I'm just focusing on the very dark and different places depression is capable of taking a person. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense, and that is a characteristic of depression at its deepest. But again, I completely understand and respect your perspective.

And I agree, Haley rocks regardless. Joy's acting is phenomenal!
Serene_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know I'm going to be called bitter again but having Brooke THANK Peyton for Julian
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
- This Katie ish is horrible. But I was cheering for her to stab Quinn to death with that piece of glass, ngl. Way to ruin the only way I could enjoy that ish.
THIS.

stalia
trice | tumblr
xxxLP_TLAxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty101 (View Post)
Quinn's voice makes me want stick my finger through my eye, into my brain and swirl it around.
Is this a Friends quote? so cool!!

Yeah I still have to watch the episode, but I'm finding difficult to watch this season. so boring and so ridic storylines!!!
I want the old OTH back
Old 05-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyitaly (View Post)
Is this a Friends quote? so cool!!

Yeah I still have to watch the episode, but I'm finding difficult to watch this season. so boring and so ridic storylines!!!
I want the old OTH back
Yes.