Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

You have to watch for Taylor, Lexi! Her scenes were my absolute fav. Lindsey had the best performance of the night, hands down.

Last edited by same old story; 02-22-2010 at 09:18 PM
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Administrator

I’m sorry for your loss Dominique.

This episode was a real mixed bag for me, going from something really touching and moving with all the scenes involving Haley’s family as Lydia slipped away but she left behind her love for her family, to something really ridiculous as Brooke punched out Alex because she thought she had slept with Julian, but it was Alexander who had slept with Alex, but we found out that he’s also involved with Victoria.

I hated that they’ve ruined the beautiful memory of Clay and Sara by having the actress who played Sara come back as some kind of Nanny Carrie psycho stalker, who even dyed her hair to go after Clay, and I’m not looking forward to seeing that story.

All the scenes involving Haley, Quinn, and especially Taylor and their mother were so moving, and it was so heart wrenching to see Taylor break down because she thought that her mother was disappointed in her, but Lydia told her that out of all her daughters, she reminded her of herself when she was young and single, and I hope that Taylor takes her mother’s words to heart and starts believing in herself.

The whole Brooke, Julian, and Alex “triangle” was so contrived, and it mirrored the Lucas, Brooke and Peyton triangle, only this time, Alex was the Brooke, sacrificing her love for Julian because she felt he loved Brooke just like Brooke sacrificed her love for Lucas because she thought he loved Peyton. Ho hum.

I have no interest in the newest triangle created between Mouth, Skills and Lauren, and I wish that screen time wouldn’t be wasted on characters we don’t care about or at least that I don’t care about.

So I guess this is it for One Tree Hill until April? Is that correct?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
You have to watch for Taylor, Lexi! Her scenes were my absolute fav. Lindsey had the best performance of the night, hands down.
yay, ok! i probably shouldn't be excited, but i am.
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I’m sorry for your loss Dominique.

This episode was a real mixed bag for me, going from something really touching and moving with all the scenes involving Haley’s family as Lydia slipped away but she left behind her love for her family, to something really ridiculous as Brooke punched out Alex because she thought she had slept with Julian, but it was Alexander who had slept with Alex, but we found out that he’s also involved with Victoria.

I hated that they’ve ruined the beautiful memory of Clay and Sara by having the actress who played Sara come back as some kind of Nanny Carrie psycho stalker, who even dyed her hair to go after Clay, and I’m not looking forward to seeing that story.

All the scenes involving Haley, Quinn, and especially Taylor and their mother were so moving, and it was so heart wrenching to see Taylor break down because she thought that her mother was disappointed in her, but Lydia told her that out of all her daughters, she reminded her of herself when she was young and single, and I hope that Taylor takes her mother’s words to heart and starts believing in herself.

The whole Brooke, Julian, and Alex “triangle” was so contrived, and it mirrored the Lucas, Brooke and Peyton triangle, only this time, Alex was the Brooke, sacrificing her love for Julian because she felt he loved Brooke just like Brooke sacrificed her love for Lucas because she thought he loved Peyton. Ho hum.

I have no interest in the newest triangle created between Mouth, Skills and Lauren, and I wish that screen time wouldn’t be wasted on characters we don’t care about or at least that I don’t care about.

So I guess this is it for One Tree Hill until April? Is that correct?
My thoughts exactly! Love this post.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

One name: LINDSEY MCKEON!!! AND DON'T ANYBODY FORGET IT!!!!

She was my perfection of the entire night. Just wow.
It’s the grandest gesture anyone has ever made for me in my life.
Beautiful Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I didn't watch last weeks episode, but that was the same actress who was Clay's dead wife correct? I was slightly confused.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Blur (View Post)
One name: LINDSEY MCKEON!!! AND DON'T ANYBODY FORGET IT!!!!

She was my perfection of the entire night. Just wow.
WORD. She stole the show, IMO. Absolutely phenomenal acting.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

The James family scenes in this episode were amazing. Joy, Lindsey, and the actress who plays Lydia - they all owned those scenes! (Though, I'm still not impressed with Quinn and frankly, I don't know if I ever will be.)

I loved all the stories Lydia was telling Haley about Jimmy. But I wish we could've got some pictures of him too. Speaking of James family members, we got a lot of Quinn, Taylor, and Haley but what about Vivian and the brothers? How come we didn't get to get stories and pictures about them? Why didn't they come to see Lydia? (And not just in the hospital, but before that?) I really was looking forward to seeing more Jameses. I especially feel jipped about the funeral.

Alexander/Victoria - Did NOT see that coming. And it was not a good surprise.

Brulian - I still don't like them and no amount of time they spend on this relationship will ever make me like them.

Also, quick question: was that really supposed to be a photograph of Haley's graduation? Okay, I know it's been a while since I saw that episode, but really? Haley went into labor on that day and I don't remember Lydia, Quinn, or Taylor being around or even mentioned. It's a nice thought, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. (Nor does the fact that Jimmy wasn't in the picture, if there is some fan wonked explanation they can come up with for why it exists at all.) If they wanted a picture like that, they should've made it a picture of Quinn's or Taylor's graduation.
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was obvs supposed to be her college graduation.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
This managed to redeem the whole episode. The show hasn't made me cry like this since last year. I LOVED Taylor in this episode. After all the things I feel the show handled poorly, such as Rachel leaving on a bad note, I am so glad they didn't do the same thing with Taylor.
Quote:
SO. MUCH. WORD.

I don't loathe Brulian like some people, but tonight I was like, really? They have A LOT to work out. If she ends up pregnant in a couple episodes, I will be beyond disappointed. I love Brooke so much, or at least I used to, but I don't even recognize her that much anymore. What's next, Brulian going on a plane to Vegas?

I don't like Alex much, but I wish Brooke would not have hit her, maybe yelling at her would have been sufficient. It was definitely a repeat of the Leyton/Breyton storyline. I would have much rather had Alex and Brooke become friends and end the show with them being single. Brooke could use a friend, since she only has Haley now Julian could then thank Brooke for the memories and go back to LA and improve his relationship with his dad. Brooke now has her mom's support at least, that much I am thrilled with.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, the funeral scene gave me Dawson's Creek flashbacks. And not because it was a funeral, but the location.

As for the episode, meh.

It had it's moments. Didn't see Skillz coming back, so that was shocking. But Mouth/Lauren - yuck! Poor Millicent, she needs to just move out and move on from Mouth and his dingy ass self.

Brooke/Julian are ok. Yay. Done with that back/forth drama.

Poor Alex. Sucks that she felt the need to hook up with her sleezy co-star and that he decided to record there act, and she was well aware of it.

Not!Sarah, or Katie, like come on?! This story is such a bad idea. I cringed at the promos.

I'm glad the show is off for some time. I could use a chance to breath and forget about this mucky season and how up/down it was.

Lucas shoulda been at the funeral. Seriously CMM, like, one random appearance just to show that you still care. We didn't need Peyton or his kid, because, really, they were never on Haley's priority list or anything. But Lucas, needed to be there...and he wasn't. And I almost felt there wasn't a need to show the funeral, for that reason. Unless he just showed up at the wake, and it was never discussed. Which is possible. Probably not though. Oh well.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This just made me miss Sarah/Clay Go away QUINN, go away
Old 02-23-2010, 03:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Taylor killed me this episode. Lindsey McKean is amazing. I really hope this wasn't her last episode.

Joy was amazing as always. I loved the sene at the funeral when Hayley pulled Taylor really close to her. I really hope we get more Haley/Tay scenes
angel2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

three scenes owned this episode for me. one was the nathan/haley kitchen scene. i mean, even though i find their scenes unbelievably redundant, especially concerning lydia, i think the fact that they were able to write something as simplistic as haley not being able to do anything amidst all the chaos but make soup was so honest and true to life. joy played that scene perfectly too. it's like, in spite of what her mom asked of her, she's allowing herself to feel all the emotions anyone would while experiencing such loss.

two was the taylor/quinn scene, which lindsey pwned, seriously. the moment i totally crumbled was when taylor yells i don't want this, but then her voice deepened when calling out quinn's name, and yea, crumbled! also, how pretty is taylor's apartment? I LOVE IT! just stay taylor, please! i object to quinn so hard though! SO HARD! "colossal, selfish bitch?" SRSLY? and how was quinn introduced to the show again, hum? i hate when condescending characters are suddenly written with a supposed upper-hand as if their stuff don't stink too. whatever!

three was the taylor/lydia scene, of course. and do i even have to say why? lindsey and bess blew it away. plus, i love how they had the most emotion between them out of all the other scenes. finally, taylor didn't get the shaft, i think. and taylor grabbed haley's hand at the hospital first and haley hugged taylor at the funeral first, just saying! *smirk*

other random things i liked was that they played landslide by fleetwood mac, which should have been the coda, but still, it's one of my favorite songs ever, so. also, brooke waving with two fingers as alex walked away. annoyed!brooke still slays me.

i'd bother to get into all the things that annoyed me, but it was a pretty annoying ep. can i just say though, the whole slide show thing was so corney/cliche/unneeded. plus, the art department did a bang up job on that one photochopped pic! i mean, if i recall correctly, none of them were actually at haley's graduation, and well, when did haley stop to take a picture before going into labor? LOL! also, i shall believe being reused is a perfect example of how far this show has faltered music wise. why? ugh. oh, and bringing back amanda schull as a useless prop to make me like quinn/clay won't work. EVER!
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

It’s late and I’m tired so right now all I can manage to say is that I completely LOVED the NHJQCT orbit scenes and as a whole is one of my fav storylines ever on this show . I was bawling like a baby.

Joy/Bess/Lindsey was unparalleled. Quinn did great too but for me the character moments really belonged to Haley & Taylor; but with Quinn I really do like her the best when she’s with her family.

Lindsey so should have been made a regular. Millie gets all these storylines, I wish Tay had stayed instead and they can just ship off Mouth/Lauren/Skills/Millie to live out their quad of doom in another town or better yet another planet. Sara 2.0, dear god why? Alex I adore and BJu ngl don't care.

The NH scenes were wondeful as always (but I would still love more and longer scenes, but the ones we've been getting have been of the highest quality, so that helps). I know lots of people don't like Jamie, but I floved the HJ eskimo kiss in the kitchen scene.

Quote:
none of them were actually at Haley’s graduation
I think we’re meant to assume it’s her college graduation (would explain no Jimmy in the pic as he might have died already) even if it looked like her HS one (blonde hair and all).

I'm going to end this by just saying simply and cheesily but eh...I love Haley.