Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex attempting to kill herself was way over the top and because of her actions, she should be getting serious help, not making a damn movie. Brooke acted exactly as she should have with Julian.

Quote:
Nobody is perfect, but I'm confused as to how Brooke has done anything wrong in the relationship? Julian moved to Tree Hill only to end up constantly hanging with Alex and then basically admit to getting involved with Brooke because he has a predilection for fixing broken girls. When she finds out she can't have children, Julian confides in Alex. If Julian is ~the one for Brooke then I hope he starts acting like it at some point.
Word to this. Julian really should have been focusing on the fact his girlfriend, whom he claims to love more than anything, has been given news that broke her heart completely in two and he should not have confided in Alex. Brooke's actions in the last episode were more than understandable but I see completely why some fans would believe her to be over-reacting....this is Brooke and she wasn't given permission to express her feelings and be the victim
Old 12-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sort of beautiful (View Post)
Alex attempting to kill herself was way over the top and because of her actions, she should be getting serious help, not making a damn movie. Brooke acted exactly as she should have with Julian.
Seriously! I mean besides attempting to kill someone else, a suicide attempt is the most destructive and dangerous behavior that you can display, she needs intensive therapy, and to be away from what or who was arguably the object of her obsession.

It is a horribly dysfunctional partnership, and Julian is acting like a complete idiot. Brooke is absolutely justified in being against it, considering that this woman confessed her love for Brooke's man, and Julian needs to put himself in her shoes and think about how he would feel if the roles were reversed. Douchebag.

Rant over.
emma » icon | tumblr
Moonless Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesHisComet (View Post)
I completely agree, and it has nothing to do with being an LP'er. I like Brooke as a character, and I think she deserves someone who's heart isn't conflicted when it comes to her. I don't understand why the writers keep giving her these pathetic love interests, who never seem to measure up to what Brooke needs.

Julian had potential, and I'm still hoping he can redeem himself.
And Peyton doesnt deserve someone whos "heart was never conflicted" . Well, to be honest I don't think she does but thats besides the point

Quote:
How selfish can one character get, yet try to come off like the innocent victim? Paranoid, insecure, selfish, whiny loser.
I know right! She's becoming like Peyton was in every. single. season! JK, about Brooke being like Peyton. Being compared to Peyton is like the worst insult somebody could ever give.

Anyways, heres hoping that the BJu "break" is a permenant one.

And damn right we will always ship BL no matter how "perfect" Julian is ON PAPER. Because on papers the key word there, it doesn't neccesarily translate. See, another way BJu are becoming LP

was holy ground

Last edited by LoVeJunkie; 12-13-2009 at 09:33 PM
LoVeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And Peyton doesnt deserve someone whos "heart was never conflicted"
Apparently, not. Because his heart was always conflicted. Not just with Brooke. With every. single. girl.

He loves different things about both girls and I think that shipping preference really just depends on how you see love. If you see it as supposing to be this fairytale, you-have-no-flaws-can-do-no-wrong kind of thing, LP is your bag. If you see it as something that you fight for, would give your life for, and I-love-you-not-in-spite-of-but-because-of-every-single-one-of-your-flaws, you probably love BL.

Also, BJu would be in the former category. That's why most of the still hardcore BLers haven't switched to BJu.

Plus, just word to that entire post Meaghs.

btw, I don't think I've said it yet in this thread- even though I've been following it- but I loved the Dan scenes. And that was about it.

I feel like his scenes were the only ones that even came close to being true to what the show is supposed to be all about.
♥♥♥ (seasons 1-3)
BrucasplusNaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Total Fan

UGH, can we please not turn this into a P vs B / LP vs BL debate.

Every couple has their flaws. Some people just prefer certain flaws over others.
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands
hilarie.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilarie.love (View Post)
UGH, can we please not turn this into a P vs B / LP vs BL debate.

Every couple has their flaws. Some people just prefer certain flaws over others.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Then don't bash B using characteristics that CLEARLY describe Peyton.

was holy ground
Old 12-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's exactly what I said. So you're kind of being redundant. Except you took the negative route.

I said there are things to love in every couple.. and some people love certain things and other people love other certain things. That's all. There was no debate in my post. Whatsoever.
♥♥♥ (seasons 1-3)
Old 12-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoVeJunkie (View Post)
Then don't bash B using characteristics that CLEARLY describe Peyton.
You're doing the same thing they are by saying "characteristics that CLEARLY describe Peyton." You're bashing, but you're trying to do it in a non-subtle way.
-Caitlin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Caitlin- (View Post)
You're doing the same thing they are by saying "characteristics that CLEARLY describe Peyton." You're bashing, but you're trying to do it in a non-subtle way.
thank you Caitlin! those characteristics could describe anyone if we really wanted them to!

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

Not really. Some characteristics are specific to certain characters
♥♥♥ (seasons 1-3)
Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Caitlin- (View Post)
Um, duh.

And Sunchick, the difference would be that those characteristics describe Peyton throughout all 6 seasons that she appeared in (minus maybe 2). Whereas with Brooke you could only make convincing arguements for her being that way in seasons 5-6, and possibly 3 if you're anti BL. Either way Peyton wins in the whiny witch department

was holy ground
Old 12-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Please get back on track in here, focusing on the current episode and season, rather than the past. There are not so subtle bashes coming from both sides right now, and I'm asking you all to please let it go. If things continue to escalate beyond this post, we'll simply be forced to close the thread. Thank you.

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I havent had a problem with Brooke since the beginning of season 4, but shes seriously so unlikable this season. Like, shes always crying or depressed or complaining about something and its driving me insane. Fix that, writers.

Oh, and Alex continues to be the best part of this show.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesHisComet (View Post)
Seriously! I mean besides attempting to kill someone else, a suicide attempt is the most destructive and dangerous behavior that you can display, she needs intensive therapy, and to be away from what or who was arguably the object of her obsession.

It is a horribly dysfunctional partnership, and Julian is acting like a complete idiot. Brooke is absolutely justified in being against it, considering that this woman confessed her love for Brooke's man, and Julian needs to put himself in her shoes and think about how he would feel if the roles were reversed. Douchebag.

Rant over.
Agree 1000%