Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

- Sophia never fails to amaze. Solid all night long.
- Brooke/Victoria had the best scene of the night.
- Loved the BJu break up. Tired of them.
- Love Clay.
- Nathan's map was so sweet.
- Jana is really good. Love Alex, but her 'love' for Julian is so weird.
- My God Mille, STFU.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved this epi cuz Jamie was so cute in his basketball outfit and of course I didn't like how Julian just told Alex yeah didn't like that and I almost cried at what broke told him at the end and mili needs help like major help stealing that was Sam's thing

kfrancis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Sophia's performance tonite. It was actually the first time in a long time I felt bad for Brooke and felt as though Sophia really put her heart in it. I don't know what it was, but something was different. The Brooke/Victoria scene was ace.

Brooke/Julian are on the rocks this week. Celebrate, good times, c'mon!

I didn't really care for the reasoning behind the break up. She's miserable with the boy and I wish she'd cut ties with him for good and find someone that would make her happy. I don't want to see her go through another break up because she thinks it's for the benefit of the other party. If someone wants to break up with you, Brooke, they will break up with you.

I liked the scene where Alex told Julian she loved him. I hope she's clinically insane or bipolar, because if they try to play it like Alex really does love Julian then god help us all.
kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Steph, I love you, bb.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Blur (View Post)
Who hasn't made Brooke cry?! Seriously...
The difference lies in the fact that him making her cry is more of a constant in their relationship than anything else. If you even look at their history there is not a single BJu hug that Brooke is not crying or upset in. This entire relationship is all about Brooke crying and Julian being an absolute ass and getting away with it because she doesn't want to hurt him.

I mean, even look at what she said when Victoria said "maybe he's not the one for you." Any normal girl in love would say something along the lines of "but he is" or "what if I am?" Instead, Brooke says "What if i'm the one for him." It's painfully clear that she KNOWS that but not only does she not want to hurt a guy that she does love, she doesn't want to be alone.

And while I'm on the subject of Julian, he is pathetic. He has no right to be angry at Alex for telling Brooke, he knows thats who she is and what she does. And afterall, he did the exact same thing only worse by telling her in the first place. And who the hell says "yes" when a CLEARLY mentally unstable girl asks you if it's true nobody wanted her. He could have said "I'm sure somebody does, Alex, but I'm not that person" or something along the lines of that. But he has to be an ass like he always does.

I loved the episode though, the NH map scene was amazing and Sophia killed it

was holy ground

Last edited by LoVeJunkie; 11-30-2009 at 10:49 PM
LoVeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I liked the scene where Alex told Julian she loved him. I hope she's clinically insane or bipolar, because if they try to play it like Alex really does love Julian then god help us all.
I don't think she actually has anything wrong with her, she's just really lonely, and just got out of rehab, and has low self esteem. I definitely don't think she really loves him or anything. I personally think she's just transferred her desire/need for drugs, onto Julian, since him and the script were able to keep her mind off doing all that stuff for awhile.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
I don't think she actually has anything wrong with her, she's just really lonely, and just got out of rehab, and has low self esteem. I definitely don't think she really loves him or anything. I personally think she's just transferred her desire/need for drugs, onto Julian, since him and the script were able to keep her mind off doing all that stuff for awhile.
... She just tried to kill herself, babe. Girl ain't right. She needs serious help and she needs it from a doctor - not a friend. What you're saying makes sense, but my point was that her feelings for Julian have got to be fabricated; whether she's crazy, a drug addict, bi-polar, whatever - and if Mark tries to spin it like she's had feelings for Julian this entire time and the near death experience was a moment of clarity for her, I'm gonna have to stop watching her scenes too.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

But you don't have to bi-polar or be clinically insane to try to commit suicide. She's obviously not well or balanced or anything, I'm just saying I don't think she's actually crazy or anything. And like I said, I don't think her feelings for Julian are real at all either, that was the whole point of my post. I don't think she'll realize or accept that until she gets well again, though.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Sophia tonight was so amazing. I haven't felt this for her since... 603's coda? (and I can't even be sure I was sad for her in 603- I may have just been sad period.) She broke my heart in that Brooke/Victoria scene.. and almost as much while delivering, "You told her the truth and lied to me."

I hate that Haley apologized to Quinn and Quinn had no apology back? Really? And, why did I always picture Quinn as the one who had it all together? Is that just in fanfics? I was sure she was the older one who had it all together. I'm so disappointed in Quinn. I wish she never graced my screen so I could go on believing she was awesome. Quinn makes me miss Taylor. And while I'm on a Quinn rant, I wish she'd keep Sarah's name out of her mouth. I know consistency isn't this show's strong suit but it's been made obvious that Quinn and Sara are completely opposite. I'm going to be more mad than I already am at the CQ stuff if it taints Sarah.

Can I just say how happy I am that I still ship NH? At least that will pay off. All of these years later and now, hopefully, we're going to get to see season two done right. Haley and Nathan both get their dreams and they get to keep each other and their family. I loved those scenes. Especially the map.

I love Austin, and there was a time when I loved Julian. But that time came and went a long time ago. Now, I see Austin as someone who can't compare to Sophia in these strongly emotional scenes. They just don't match. He stares and she pwns. And Julian as the guy who destroyed the Brooke I love so much. Yes, other guys have made her cry. Yes, the guy I ship her with, made her cry. But he never did it intentionally. And he made her smile too. I don't see her smile with Julian. I don't see her ever happy with him. It hurts me. It hurts my soul.

I also am not too happy about the reason for the BJu breakup. But I will celebrate for the moment. (obvs, it won't last long. They're together in the promo) But seriously, Brooke, listen to Steph. Stop breaking up with guys for their own good. They will break up with you if they think that's what's best. They do it all the time. See: Julian 609. Lucas 505. Lucas 115. Lucas 210. See, both guys know how to break up with a girl if they think it's what they need to do. I promise, they'll do it if they wanna. Stop thinking that you don't deserve happiness. Stop terrorizing yourself. It's ridiculous and it makes me want to slap you.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I felt incredibly sad for Mouth tonight. And Millie needs to get a clue. Or buy one. And fast. Victoria -- I never thought I'd be saying this but she's really been redeemed for me. Dan/Rachel.. I've always hated Rachel. I still do. And Dan I wish there was a way to erase 316.. because I hate that it makes him irredeemable when I want him to be redeemed in the worst way.. and he never can be. And I really hope Clay can rebuild his career. I love him sfm... I just.. he makes me sad lately too.

And finally, another unpopular opinion.. I was so sad during the Jamie/Skills scene. Poor Jamie. Soon, he's going to be missing everyone. Although, I think he'll be fine. His parents are awesome after all. But I'm sad for him, nonetheless. Change, and missing people who are important to you, is really hard for a kid.

Ohh, I didn't comment on Alex. Let me do that. I love her. I loved her in the beginning when she was making me laugh. And I love her now. I do think the I love you's are a little much.. but I think it's normal to latch onto the first person who ever really showed they cared. Especially because it seems to me that Julian is the first guy to ever really see Alex. So, no she doesn't love him. But she wants to hold onto him and the way he makes her feel. He makes her feel better. And I was supremely upset with Julian when he responded to her the way that he did.. If I hadn't already known it was Alex, I would have known right then that she was the one who was going to attempt suicide.

... PS, that scene with her in the tub. I didn't think they'd let it be that graphic.

I hope she lives.

Also, Agreed Meaghs.

(I think I got everything )
♥♥♥ (seasons 1-3)
BrucasplusNaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

First off, I'm not going to play like I'm not ecstatic that BJu have broken up (even if temporary). As a BL fan, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what my stance is, but besides all of that, I just believe that Brooke deserves someone better, someone who makes her strive to be a better person and for me, Julian doesn't. He holds her back and this season has been evidence of that. I feel like she tries to make him happy, that she sacrifices her own happiness and wants for his and I have always believed it should be a two way street and from my perspective, it's not.

Also, I really love Soph's hair/outfit in this ep. That sounds somewhat shallow, but I've missed seeing her sport those long raven locks. She looks so gorgeous with her hair down.

As far as the episode goes, I am on the fence with this one. Skills leaving does nothing for me (though I'm sad Antwon is; however given his legal issues, I see why they're writing him out) but the character (although primarily secondary, background fodder for the first three seasons) has been on the show since the early days of S1 and that upsets me.

I know this is also an unpopular opinion, but I feel sad for Jamie. All of these people, these friends of his parents that he looks up to dearly moving away...that saddens me, because he's come to love these people like family and I don't think he fully understands why people move away, why they leave to go elsewhere, whether it be for professional, career moves or simply because they've decided to let their lives take them somewhere else. As a child, he has this innocence/naivete in regards to the people in his life and I don't think he gets the bigger picture.

I loved NH this ep. Simply for the fact that both don't want to stop following their dreams, something that wasn't present in the early seasons of this show. And I love that although Haley was willing to sacrifice her career for Nathan again (in order for them to be that happy family we all know and love) that he refused to let her give up her dream this time, not when she'd done so before, and not when Nathan himself could see how much joy singing brings to Haley's life.

Not really digging this Millie/Mouth stuff. I think Lisa is very striking and beautiful in real life, but this whole drama between Mouth/Millie really does nothing for me. This whole storyline is very out of place and I would rather they simply not show these characters if this is the direction that their story is headed.

Honestly, I don't know what to say about Alex. They're writing her very off and on for me. On the one hand, I adore her where Millie is concerned because someone has to be the reality check for that girl. But on the other, they are infuriating me in regards to her interaction(s) with Brooke and Julian. It's like she just doesn't understand that she is crossing the line (regardless of how I feel about BJu) and that she needs to back off. And that final moment where she calls Julian right before her suicide attempt...I am severely disappointed in that. Alex could be written as a strong character, but instead they've reduced her to this pathetic child who results to drastic measures when she doesn't get what she wants and that is downright infuriating to me.

Last but not least, there's Brooke. I loved her this week. I loved that she turned to Victoria and told her the truth. And I loved that Victoria was the supporting shoulder to cry on that Brooke has seemed to lack since she found out about her inability to have biological children. That's the BV I have been wanting to see since they first introduced Victoria in S5 and I am glad they're finally starting to write them with some grace and dignity and that they haven't tried to rewrite them after that heartfelt scene in 6.24 when they made amends.

Overall, it was a very boring episode for me, but this show is known to have it's off-weeks. I only hope it improves as the season progresses onward.
sparethetragic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
results to drastic measures when she doesn't get what she wants
I'm pretty sure Julian not loving her back is not the reason she did that. It's one of them, but it's three different people telling her how worthless she is, two of those people being the only ones we've seen her have genuine relationships about. Plus the stuff about her script not happening because of her, showing that her career is dead, and that she is apparently as stupid as she thought she was. All of those things seem to be her worst fears, and they were all coming true and being said to her within the span of a few hours.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Julian not loving her back is not the reason she did that. It's one of them, but it's three different people telling her how worthless she is, two of those people being the only ones we've seen her have genuine relationships about. Plus the stuff about her script not happening because of her, showing that her career is dead, and that she is apparently as stupid as she thought she was. All of those things seem to be her worst fears, and they were all coming true and being said to her within the span of a few hours.
I don't think that Julian was the only reason. If I alluded to that, it was not my intention. But I do agree that it was a combination of factors that resulted to her suicide attempt. Julian, Brooke, Millie, etc.

I felt like Alex feels like she has no one. No one to talk to, no one who truly understands her and I feel like she's one of those people who can't be alone, who always has to be around other people. She has a fear of the unknown and rather than face that darkness/fear, she decided to erase herself from it because I think she feels like no one would care or notice if she wasn't around.
sparethetragic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Victoria -- I never thought I'd be saying this but she's really been redeemed for me.
I've loved her from the start, but I really loved her tonite. She didn't want to accept that Brooke couldn't bare children. Really great scene.

Quote:
Also, I really love Soph's hair/outfit in this ep.
Yeah, I forgot to comment on that. I didn't like her outfit, but hair, make-up and performance made her glow.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

I felt like this episode was very emotionally heavy, sometimes painful to watch.

It sucks that Brooke was crying or pissed the whole episode (again), but wow. Soph gave an amazing performance the whole night and she looked incredible as well.

The Brulian breakup makes me sad, but ultimately I am more upset that their discussion wasn't longer. I don't know... it just seems weird. They should be talking for hours about everything, to really get it out. Julian should be telling her that yes, he wants kids, but so does she--and they'll figure something out. That he wants Brooke more than a biological child. To really talk to her about the Alex situation, comfort her, etc.

I guess this is for the best though. We haven't got to see a good talk between these two in a while, and even then (the bench scenes), it was unsatisfying. Julian seems to have a really hard time saying the right thing to Brooke. It's really unfortunate.

I felt for Mouth here, and Millie is just going off the deep end. I still say this is the most interesting storyline these two have had in forever, but I miss Millie's friendships with Alex and Brooke (and Mouth and Brooke, to be honest).

Nathan did a good thing with Haley, insisting that she take the tour. I wish he would have said something like this before, like in season two! Urgh. Plus I am a little annoyed that she was willing to back down on her dreams AGAIN to follow Nathan around. Why does her stuff always get backseat to Nathan's? In season two, she was crucified for her wanting to go on tour, and since then she has barely done anything music-wise at all. I would like to see her stand up for herself once and a while.

Too much Jamie in the basketball scene! Painful. Just stop. The whole thing should've been cut from the episode.

As for Alex, I love her. I know we all agree that her "love" for Julian is not real. And as awful as Julian's speech to her was, I can see why he did it. Because of her desperation and his kindness to her, he drove Brooke away big time, and he was finally fed up. I would like to see Alex pull herself up and become a strong woman who doesn't need a man to lean on, and who believes in herself.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Who hasn't made Brooke cry?! Seriously...
Quote:
Haley?
Oh.