Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

It was an okay episode, better than most this season. Most probably because minimal LP! No cheesefest, and no over-the-top dramatic scenes. Everything was simple. Skills/Haley were awesome. But my best part was Brooke talking about her insecurities...and her parents. Her picture was the best, and so meaningful. Didnt much care about the rest.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I have to agree with everyone who said they wished we could have heard some answers from Peyton, but I loved how great she was with Nathan - not in a couple type way, but in a supportive friend type way.
How was she being "supportive"? She basically told Nathan to be selfish during the only exchange where he remembered he was married. Also, "supportive" types don't hit on married guys.

I hated this episode. The only liked the Haley/Skills scenes. Everything else was a waste.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How did she hit on Nathan? I must have missed that part. And I thought she was right. Sometimes you have to think about yourself. Nathan worries too much about everyone else.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm not sure about her hitting on Nathan - she was the one who said they were awful together as soon as he said something like 'we were good together, we're we?' or whatever it was he said. I just thought that she was looking out for him, saying don't forget about yourself because it's awesome you're so concerned with everyone else, but remember you count for something too. They are both in relationships and I liked how they were able to joke and hang out with out any real weirdness of old lingering relationship problems. To me, there was no real indication that Peyton wanted Nathan.
bkat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Total Fan

Haley and Skills! Haley and Skills! I didn't really pay attention to anything else. But I love Haley/Skills!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

LOl @ Trick. HS are

They were this episode.

Pamela
SluttyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

I HATED the NP scenes. HATED. I thought Peyton gave Nathan horrible advice that just wasn't...no. Just no. She obviously doesn't know all the crap Haley puts up with and Nathans comments were just ridiculous.

And Glenda, whatever. I thought it was stupid how pissed off she got at Lucas for the stupid name thing. Same with Mouth. Who cares if she called you a geek? She doesn't even know you and you didn't fit any of the categories.

Bevin was the best and Haley/Skillz...that's all.
rose parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily (View Post)
How did she hit on Nathan? I must have missed that part. And I thought she was right. Sometimes you have to think about yourself. Nathan worries too much about everyone else.
Calla, every single time they ever have a scene Peyton always manages to bring up how they used to have sex alot or how they dated for a few months. She seems to forget that he is married. And now...he's having a baby with his wife. Nathan's been putting himself first all season. First with the stupid bridge accident, ignoring how Haley felt about Rachel and hung around with her, ran off to Rachel after Haley told her she was pregnant, told Haley he was not "going to feel guilty" about going to Duke, lied about the Daunte thing for several episodes, nearly got her and the baby killed...not to mention the bulk of season 3 in which he punished her for several episodes for her one mistake during season 2. Nathan's done PLENTY of putting himself first. He's a husband and he's going to be a father. He doesn't have time to be selfish anymore.

And I swear...if Nathan says to Peyton "we were good together" one more freaking time, Haley needs to dump his sorry ass because if he's SO caught up on her, he needs to set Haley free. I really, really, really hate how they're writing Nathan this season: as an insensitive jackass who flirts with anything that breathes and doesn't know what a pair of scissors are.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Yeap.. my favs were Haley, Skills, and Bevin. They really rocked this episode... stole the show!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanXG (View Post)
Calla, every single time they ever have a scene Peyton always manages to bring up how they used to have sex alot or how they dated for a few months. She seems to forget that he is married. And now...he's having a baby with his wife. Nathan's been putting himself first all season. First with the stupid bridge accident, ignoring how Haley felt about Rachel and hung around with her, ran off to Rachel after Haley told her she was pregnant, told Haley he was not "going to feel guilty" about going to Duke, lied about the Daunte thing for several episodes, nearly got her and the baby killed...not to mention the bulk of season 3 in which he punished her for several episodes for her one mistake during season 2. Nathan's done PLENTY of putting himself first. He's a husband and he's going to be a father. He doesn't have time to be selfish anymore.

And I swear...if Nathan says to Peyton "we were good together" one more freaking time, Haley needs to dump his sorry ass because if he's SO caught up on her, he needs to set Haley free. I really, really, really hate how they're writing Nathan this season: as an insensitive jackass who flirts with anything that breathes and doesn't know what a pair of scissors are.
hahahah. This was amazing.

oh i just cant wait to be king
rock air guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Passionate Fan

It's funny that Nathan is apparently a martyr and too focused on everyone else, and yet, his entire hour with Peyton was him talking about himself. The only thing that came from her was that she didn't know how to whistle. Okay.

And I'm sorry, but Nathan has never been a person that puts everyone else around him above himself. Haley, yes, he usually does, minus the whole her running herself into the ground supporting their family while he still doesn't have a job. But she's it. The stuff with his parents and not caring about what he's doing as long as everyone else is good? No, that didn't ring true to his character at all. Basketball has always been his dream, he's never hesitated to say that, and for a short time this season, he did put basketball above his wife and the news of a baby. If they wanted to do some strong character developing for him this ep, they should have stuck with the scared to be a father thing. Not wanting to be his father, whatever. But the way they wrote him this ep did not work.

Also, I would have a lot easier time with the Nathan and Peyton friendship if they weren't constantly making references to the fact that they used to be together and having Nathan constantly say that they were good together. They weren't. For Nathan to say that and for Peyton to make so many references to Nathan naked really is disrespectful to both of their relationships with Haley.

Brooke/Chase - meh. I know they're trying not to acknowledge anything negative for BLP, but we've been shown a lot more of Brooke's insecurities about not being enough coming from that triangle. It would have made more sense for her to bring that up than her parents or at least in addition to.

Haley/Skills - I love Haley, but I honestly wasn't expecting to enjoy their scenes as much as I did. They owned the episode. Haley's little fake out about his scholarship (although, for a minute there, I thought this show was actually going to go the realistic route because there's no way Skills has a full ride) and his saying that she's put on some weight. It was all adorable. I want to snuggle Joy. I really do.

Bevin/Rachel - They were a big black hole in the episode right up until Bevin's speech about how she isn't stupid. Bevin (the actress) really did very well at that. We've never gotten to see her flex any kind of acting muscle, but she did very well and it was a good speech. And her picture was probably the best.

Lucas/Glenda - I enjoyed their scenes as filler. I know that Mark was trying to hit on something good with them, but it just didn't connect. Glenda was afraid of her mother because she stole some diamond earrings? I didn't get the connection. It was good to see Chad act opposite someone that doesn't make him squint with longing. I think this was one of the best jobs by him in some time.

Mouth/Shelley - Meh. I could have done without.
~annie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Okay, I thought this was a great episode. It had some depth which we need sometimes.

Skills/Haley: These two are so great together (no not like that!) but as friends you could see that they really cared about each other and they told each other things that they found to be incredibly personal.

Nathan/Peyton: I really like this friendship. They just have good on screen chemistry. I agree with Peyton that sometimes you have to do whats best for you and she was very supportive I don't know where anyone got that she hit on him, she said they were horrible together. And yes, I wish we would have heard her answers.

Brooke/Chase: I like this ship, I'm sorry just my opinion. I find these two characters together really sweet.

Lucas/Glenda: The good thing about this pairing was that no matter who you are in high school popular or not most high school kids have the same fears and go through some of the same stuff that both Glenda and Lucas mentioned. These two were relatable tonight.

Mouth/Shelley: I would really like these two if I didn't think Shelley was leaving so soon. I feel like its unfair to give Mouth something, and then take it away. Plus its repeatative.

Bevin/Rachel: Okay, since when does Rachel smoke weed? That seemed sort of out of left field. But Bevin was great, her speech was true and smart. We actually got to expierence Bevin as a person, I enjoyed that.

Everyone don't hate me but next week looks enertaining. All in all good episode tonight.
Pretty Little Liars
TSOneTreeHillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

I truely enjoyed tonights episode . I was so funny, I loved Mouth & the clean teen chick (can't remember her name) i'll be shipping them.
Skills & Haley were just adorable.
i'm a little disappointed that Peyton didn't really revile anything except that she can't whistle
I liked Lucas & Glenda, i swear I wanted to smack Glenda's mom,. Got to say I loved Lucas as gollum ("you make a great Elmo" that was funny) I liked how Mark showed how most goth are, loners, bit tortured, but kind
I felt bad for Brooke, another one with crapping parents, i swear Tree Hill must be a breeding ground for crapping parents.
I also liked Bevin about time she stood up for herself, i love the picture she took.
Also was it just me or the picture of Nathan looked alot like the tattoo P!D has on his back,(creepy) ( btw loved the picture that Nathan took of Peyton )
All i all i loved the episode. Next weeks looks really good aswell.

"Where are we going? And what's with this hand basket?"
madam_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

seriously, I need to check my eyes. I don't remember Peyton hitting on Nathan. I think Nathan was a lot more flirty with her bringing up them kissing at the boy auction and something about partial nudity. Showing her that he put her initials at the gym and saying they were pretty good together and she says they were horrible together and he says he was hoping she would forget. I don't even remember them being touchy feely, except a hug. She didn't bring up their past sex life at all this time from what I remember

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked the Skills/Haley. Bevin was Great...her speech, just great. Brooke/Chase seems forced, he is like the "NEW" Lucas... WTH! But I also thought it was a REMAKE of the BREAKFEST CLUB and they should leave the GREAT Classic Movies alone!
helpinhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread