Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2018, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Better than nothing though

Old 09-21-2018, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
In terms of behaviour she improved in the adult years. Not as much as I would like though.
You're probably right. But she had soo much screen time, especially in S8, constantly whining and being all me me me all the time that I couldn't really focus on the good sides of her character.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair enough, she was definitely pretty great in S5/6 though.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
You're probably right. But she had soo much screen time, especially in S8, constantly whining and being all me me me all the time that I couldn't really focus on the good sides of her character.
She did, but it was still far less selfishness than she had in the HS years.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-22-2018, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Which was nice in a way.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It was needed.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-23-2018, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes it was
Old 09-24-2018, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
She did, but it was still far less selfishness than she had in the HS years.
She had much more screen time in "adult" seasons, and that's probably why I couldn't stand her in those years. Her selfishness stood out more to me because I was more "exposed" to it, and also, in high school people never acted like she was some saint, which is what writers were trying to do in adult years, or at least in S8. That was the "it" for me and I couldn't stand her after that.

Last edited by For You to Notice...; 09-24-2018 at 02:51 AM
Old 09-24-2018, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would say they were acting like Brooke was a saint in the HS seasons, since she rarely (if ever) called on the awful things she did during those seasons.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Well, I do agree that a lot of people who watched OTH during S1-S4 thought Brooke is awesomest of all awesome (and it was their right to think that) but idk if characters on show were kissing the ground she walked on, like, for example how Haley was doing in S8 with her many speeches about how awesome Brooke is. That was basically her main story in S8, walking around after Brooke and giving her great speeches. Isn't that great?
Old 09-24-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was more subtle in the earlier seasons, but they definitely acted like she was doing nothing wrong by never having her held accountable for the countless awful things she did.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-24-2018, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

True, that notion was always there, since he beginning. I guess in my eyes the kissing of Brooke's ass was more intense in later seasons because it was, at some periods of time, the only one thing that my fave female character was doing.I literally couldn't stand that. IDK what's with this weird obsession of Brooke's character.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Neither do I, tbh. It wasn't just limited to on the show, too. From what I have seen of the wider fandom, there's a lot of the same. It's kind of concerning.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks to everyone sending their love on the 15th anniversary of One Tree Hill's premiere. Looking back today, I remember so much of what I loved about the show was where it was shot: Wilmington, North Carolina. This is a truly special place with a heart and soul all it's own and at the moment, the people of Wilmington are still hurting in the wake of Hurricane Florence. If you'd like to give back to the place that gave us #OTH, there are a couple ways to do so.
You can visit the good people at redcross.org by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS or texting FLORENCE to 90999 to make a donation.

You can also purchase a t-shirt designed by the women of OTH in support of the #HurricaneFlorence recovery effort by following this link: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campa...rlesschallenge

Any support of these organizations, whether financially or just by sharing through your own social media accounts, will a go long way to ensuring that Wilmington gets back on it's feet quickly and completely.
Once again, thank you for your long-time support of our little show that could (and apparently still can.) Much love right back to you all.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

^ Ohh cool, for James, he still cares about Wilmington.

Quote:
Neither do I, tbh. It wasn't just limited to on the show, too. From what I have seen of the wider fandom, there's a lot of the same. It's kind of concerning.
I just don't get it tbh. I remember watching two first seasons on tv for the first time, then getting into OTH fandom after that, and imagine in how much schock I was after seeing that Brooke/BL actually have fans. Truly, I didn't even noticed her properly before that! Hehe, that's just me of couse.