Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2018, 09:04 AM
  #16
Master Fan

 
For You to Notice...'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 11,932
^ Yup.

I'm happy for James, that he is directing but I would prefer for him not to be behind a camera but in front one...
__________________
NathanღHaley|icon
For You to Notice... is offline  
Old 04-14-2018, 12:50 PM
  #17
Soul Care

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 384,308
Depends on what he prefers.
__________________
"Anybody ever tell you the etymology of the word "psychiatry"? "The medical treatment of the soul." Isn't that glorious?"
Five Years at One Chicago!

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline  
Old 04-14-2018, 04:20 PM
  #18
bravery without fear

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 407,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Fair enough, S3 Nathan was pretty great for the most part.
It was and I like him pretty much holding his ground with not wanting to get with Haley however, he still wanted her to do her music which is why he did something he disliked doing in bringing Chris back in her life since he thought that would get her to do her music again.

So he was pretty selfless while also trying to protect his heart just in case Haley left again.
__________________
"Turns out sarcasm is a really great way
to hide some seriously deep-seated anger."
[ZARI] / LoT 3 Year Anniversary!

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-14-2018, 04:29 PM
  #19
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 266,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
It was and I like him pretty much holding his ground with not wanting to get with Haley however, he still wanted her to do her music which is why he did something he disliked doing in bringing Chris back in her life since he thought that would get her to do her music again.

So he was pretty selfless while also trying to protect his heart just in case Haley left again.
I do think him inviting Chris back into their lives was definitely one of the most selfless things he ever did imo.

Plus it was the last season he was still cocky from memory and I missed that in the later seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by For You to Notice... (View Post)
^ Yup.

I'm happy for James, that he is directing but I would prefer for him not to be behind a camera but in front one...
I do think him and Stephen having some movie coming out soon.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 04-14-2018, 04:57 PM
  #20
bravery without fear

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 407,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I do think him inviting Chris back into their lives was definitely one of the most selfless things he ever did imo.

Plus it was the last season he was still cocky from memory and I missed that in the later seasons.

I agree since he hated Chris at that point. But for him to tell Chris to help Haley with his music while also protecting his heart was very big of him.

And you are correct about his personality. It really was the last great season of Nathan having that bit of cockiness to him that eventually sort of disappeared as the series moved along.
__________________
"Turns out sarcasm is a really great way
to hide some seriously deep-seated anger."
[ZARI] / LoT 3 Year Anniversary!

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-14-2018, 05:12 PM
  #21
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 266,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I agree since he hated Chris at that point. But for him to tell Chris to help Haley with his music while also protecting his heart was very big of him.

And you are correct about his personality. It really was the last great season of Nathan having that bit of cockiness to him that eventually sort of disappeared as the series moved along.
Understandably though

I missed cocky Nathan, especially since I don't know why they got rid of it either.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 04-15-2018, 01:39 PM
  #22
Soul Care

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 384,308
Part of the growth, I guess.
__________________
"Anybody ever tell you the etymology of the word "psychiatry"? "The medical treatment of the soul." Isn't that glorious?"
Five Years at One Chicago!

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline  
Old 04-15-2018, 11:28 PM
  #23
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 266,509
I guess, dumb to get rid of it though.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 09:30 AM
  #24
bravery without fear

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 407,534
I love growth, but I don't like growth that strips away a ones' personality.
__________________
"Turns out sarcasm is a really great way
to hide some seriously deep-seated anger."
[ZARI] / LoT 3 Year Anniversary!

Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 01:10 PM
  #25
Soul Care

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 384,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I guess, dumb to get rid of it though.
I think it needed changing, tbh, but perhaps not so drastically.
__________________
"Anybody ever tell you the etymology of the word "psychiatry"? "The medical treatment of the soul." Isn't that glorious?"
Five Years at One Chicago!

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline  
Old 04-16-2018, 08:23 PM
  #26
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 266,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
I think it needed changing, tbh, but perhaps not so drastically.
I think they could have easily find an way to have him grow up without completing erasing the cocky part of his personality.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:23 PM
  #27
Soul Care

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 384,308
Cocky is rarely a good look, so it did need toning down.
__________________
"Anybody ever tell you the etymology of the word "psychiatry"? "The medical treatment of the soul." Isn't that glorious?"
Five Years at One Chicago!

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline  
Old 04-17-2018, 05:26 PM
  #28
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 266,509
Toning down is different to removing it completely
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 01:13 PM
  #29
Soul Care

 
BlondieLeigh's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 384,308
It is, but I never said get rid of it completely, I said tone it down.
__________________
"Anybody ever tell you the etymology of the word "psychiatry"? "The medical treatment of the soul." Isn't that glorious?"
Five Years at One Chicago!

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline  
Old 04-18-2018, 08:07 PM
  #30
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 266,509
That's what the writers did though
stlavin95 is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST