Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Mark Schwahn sure is making it easy for me to turn off this crap. Seriously. That was one hour of my life that I'll never get back.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by last beautiful girl

Brooke and Peyton are my favorite relationship on this show. You can tell that Sophia and Hilarie genuinely enjoy working together, and if they don't, well, they deserve Emmys because I'm sold on their friendship. And Sophia Bush looks uber-pretty.
I could not agree more. Perfect description of exactly how I feel. And in all true honesty, if it wasn't for Sophia and Hilarie and even CMM to a degree, I doubt I would still be watching the show anymore. My biggest ship on the show is Brooke/Peyton.. Their friendship is very real, convincing and wonderful to see. I love it.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Eh...not really excited for this and didn't enjoy it all that much. I don't feel the need to go into detail as to why not. But that's just me
Old 09-22-2004, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Hmm...Haley has parents- whom I liked. Major plus. Another plus was that this episode was totally awesome. They answered every possible question that you could have had from the finale. The writer's couldn't have done a better job of covering everything. I was completely impressed.

Basically, that was the best spent hour of my life. I heart this show even more than I did before.

TVsodes.com- a TV episode review blog for fans by fan. - One Tree Hill, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Gossip Girl, Project Runway, and more. NOW WITH PODCAST
kaykayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

i have 1 hr and 38 min!!! lol!!! i heard it's good..don't worry, didn't spoil it for me!

*~OnE tReE hIlL~*Chad-James-Hilarie-Joy-Sophia:NaLeY 4eVeR!*~
Met JoY, sOpHiA, tYlEr, LeE, mIcHeLlE, and jEsSiCa. OTH Concert 3.8.05/San Francisco!
OneTreeHillQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

The whole Haley/Nathan marriage thing is so stupid, and I want to beat Haley's mother because of her stupidity. It just IS NOT REALISTIC. Sure they're funny and lovable and supportive, but they were sold on Haley's desire to marriage waaaaay too quickly for my tastes. It's just too unreal for me.

I LOVE Brooke and Peyton together as friends. It's really the only way I can tolerate Peyton... I think the ending will be interesting -- seeing how they react to Lucas being there... Anyone else think that's kinda stalkerish, him just kinda showing up there and all? That just screams restraining order to me.

And I was kinda pissed that Breyton (because that name meshes so well) burnt the letter... I really wanted to see what was inside.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow...that was boring. I agree with Wilpen about the best part being the Brooke/Peyton scenes. Their friendship is so real and not over acted. I love Whitey I hope nothing happens to him. Lucas and keith listing the reasons to go back! "[Pointing to Dan's name] Dan's an ass [Pointing to Brooke and Peyton's name] You were an ass." Awesome.

Loved the Peyton scene where she put up a picture of Jake and jenny, so sweet. Her little line. "Will you miss me?" Or something along those lines. I'm a HUGE Jake/Peyton shipper love them to death. Maybe that's a little hint that Jake might come back. So yeah very disappointed with the premier. Brooke, Peyton, Lucas were the only interesting characters...wait did I just say that? Hope next week is better but it doesn't look like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by extralucid
The whole Haley/Nathan marriage thing is so stupid, and I want to beat Haley's mother because of her stupidity. It just IS NOT REALISTIC. Sure they're funny and lovable and supportive, but they were sold on Haley's desire to marriage waaaaay too quickly for my tastes. It's just too unreal for me.
I completely agree. That was just so unreal. I'd never let my daughter get married at 16 to a boy who she was dating for what three months?

Quote:
And I was kinda pissed that Breyton (because that name meshes so well) burnt the letter... I really wanted to see what was inside.
Let's just hope it wasn't money.
.Bianca.

Last edited by that_70s_gurl101; 09-22-2004 at 01:26 AM
that_70s_gurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen the episode, but I'm still annoyed that they had Nathan/Haley get married. It's so stupid. The end.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Loyal Fan

any 90210 fans the doctor that talked to Deb was Mel Silver David silvers dad

season premier was good
iverson19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Loveddddd it! But I wanted there to be more NH scenes! Especially with them exchanging full out written vows. Other then that, the Chad/Brooke/Peyton stuff didn't interest me much. Though next week, it will be great with the party and all! Awww I miss Jakeee, I loved him with Peyt!

-Rachel-
Nathan & Haley || What makes the one to shake you down?
Nal3y_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi All, I am new here... There was nothing on television for me to watch except OTH... so I decided to give it a try...

I think I have seen this show before something with Luke (is that his name?) at a basketball game, and he took off his name at the back of his uniform and I think his name was Dan (the brown hair guy)... he was shocked... I think I saw that.

So this was the season premiere?? I found it to be boring!!! The only thing that was interesting was the 2 girls and their friendship and the one that Dan woke up at the end... thats all I liked.

I know I'll get my head bit off but I'm just saying the truth. I am sure that One Tree Hill is a good show but would definitely say that the premiere needs more like a eye popper or something!

But the next week preview does look better...
Old 09-22-2004, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

More N/H scenes? There was waaaayyyyy too many of them! They were completely pointless. Of course, that's mostly because I can't stand Naley together.... I love Haley to death and I thought she was great in this eppy, but Nathan was just so completely cheesy, I was laughing.

But the part I was laughing at the most was definately when they flashed back to Deb finding Dan. OMG, when she stood there and lectured him, me and my mom were laughing so hard. That could quite possibly be the only reason I didn't kill Deb.

I loved the scene when they were listing reasons to stay. When Keith was like; "Dan's an ass, you were an ass..." Who knew he could be such a joker? That and when he saw Luke with his head shaved, that was really funny.

Oh, question! I really, really, really want to know why Keith was blind in Deb's dream, I don't understand it.

The two higlights for me though, was the sweet talk between Karen and Haley, I've always loved their relationship and I always thought they never explored it enough in the first season. The other highlight was hearing Haley say the Wu Tang Clan. There is just something completely wrong with that.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:41 AM
Elite Fan

I guess I will join the choir and chime in on how I was disappointed by it. IMO, the previews showed way too much - it was basically the entire episode in a series of previews. That kind of sucked.

Brooke and Peyton were by far the best thing about the episode. Those two are just so darn cute and their friendship rocks. I loved Brooke's "Hos Over Bros reunion" line. Too funny. And even though when I first heard about Peyton hiding the letter I was mad, it was understandable when she explained it. I loved how they burned the letter.

I loved Peyton's drawing of Jake. This episode made it very clear that Peyton still is holding onto her feelings for him, and they obviously seemed to be strong feelings. Now if only he would come back and him and Peyton would get back together.

Deb seems to be getting a lot more screen time than she deserves. And I would like to see that stop now. She annoys me and I wish she would just die or something. I cannot believe how she stood there and watched him deal with his heart-attack and basically threw a phone at him..only to expect people to feel sorry for her? Uh-huh. Riiiight.

And the ending part was so predictable with Dan opening his eyes to see Keith and Deb hugging. Puh-lease.

Oh I like Whitey so I hope he is okay.

The Nathan/Haley thing is okay. I thought Haley's parents were cute though. There were too many NH scenes though. I understand this marriage thing is "great" and all but please stop shoving it down my throat. You did that with that damn PLB love triangle and I hated it so stop with the NH marriage.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love Deb...

Anyone that can tell Haley to "shut her selfish little mouth" deserves to live forever and be eternally praised in my book .

But seriously - I actually respected Haley for a bit there at the end when she was standing up to all of St. Nathan's royal BS... She was actually being herself there for a second.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Passionate Fan

The only regret I have regarding Deb is not joining the "Anti-Deb" fan list sooner....what a witch! Taking her guilt out on Nathan and Haley was totally uncalled for.

My favourite parts are definitely Nathan and Haley. Their scenes totally met my expectations and even surpassed them at some points. For the people who think he is speaking "cheesy", the guy just got married. He has the right to be experiencing some wedded bliss regardless of who thinks its wrong. The fact is he and his wife are happy together. A lot happier than most married couples so cheers to Nathan and Haley!

Brooke and Peyton were great as well. Loved seeing them rekindle their friendship.

Please tell me we'll get more of the James' this year! I just adored them. Haley is really lucky to have such supportive and unified parents. It really shows the contrast between her and Nathan. I think Nathan's new family will be one of the best things to happen to him.