Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Master Fan

Yeah
Old 04-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

This is the very first ep of oth I’ve ever seen. Thought it sucked back then, still think so now.

The good:
- Literally nothing.
- Oh wait, Peyton’s room is like a bigger and better version of my room. Points for that.

The bearable:
- Haley’s parents. They were the only characters I actually liked when I first watched this. They seemed to have at least a little bit of life energy. Unlike all of the other characters in this bland soapville. Especially the teens, who were a snoozefest. However, this hippie parents trope, which I generally like, could have been much more entertaining than it was here.

The bad:
- Lucas being boring and annoying. Stop whining about how you screwed up! Lucas grew on me eventually, but during the first time I watched s2, I mostly disliked him. Also, the buzzed hair thing was awful.
- Brooke being boring and annoying. Stop with the idiotic facial expressions! The one she makes after flashing those guys is especially cringworthy. Cringeworthy is how I feel about her character 95% of times in all episodes, all seasons. Sorry, Brooke, I don't like you at all.
- Peyton being boring. Sorry, you’re pretty and have the least eyesorish style out of all these bland ppl. That definitely caught my eye this ep. But your personality is meh here. It wasn’t until you started yelling at ppl few eps later that I became interested.
- Haley being boring. Sorry, you have your moments in other eps, but here I wasn't feeling you.
- Nathan being boring. Sorry Nate, that's kinda how I feel about you in general.
- Breyton being boring.
- Naley being boring. And annoying, with their teen marriage.
- Peyton ruining her pretty walls with the drawing of St. Jake and his brat. That made me gag when I rewatched.

The so-bad it’s-kinda-amusing:
- The s1 montage focuses on the trashiest (cat fights) and soapiest (love triangles with best friends and brothers) scenes and plots of s1. Which is a good introduction to oth.
- As annoying as NH teen marriage is, the way show portrays it is also hilarious at times in all its soapiness and melodrama. "I married my best friend's estranged brother/ex arch enemy! At the age of 16!" Lol this show. Made for mockwatching.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved NH in this episode.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
I actually forgot they moved away until you mentioned it....I guess this episode was just that memorable.
I think it was done because no one knew if the show was going to get a second season so they were doing this send off, then oops, the show comes back and they have to scramble Keith and Lucas back to Tree Hill for some absurd reason
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

I thought that was so silly But I guess it makes sense
Old 04-19-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Up until Season 6, the show was on the bubble every year, not knowing if OTH would remain a show or not.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OP is done

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread