Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2004, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Like many of you I have watched the finale many, many times. I rewatched it again last Tuesday just to catch Hil's BTS thing.

Extra comments about the episode:

1. Okay, I know that he's evil at times, but I felt so sorry for Dan in this episode. His face when he sees K/D on the floor is kinda sad.

2. The music rocked. Perfect in every scene.

3. The raven symbolism was pure genius as well as Luke's voiceover.

4. James shirtless (yum)

5. Yes, the flashbacks were quite jarring upon first viewing, but I think it was cool how each storyline/character was featured.

6. Whether you like N/H or not, you have to admit that the marriage announcement at the end was truly shocking. OTH had so many cliffhangers that opened up the stories for season 2, and that's why the finale worked in so many ways.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 02:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree that N/H marriage was a shocker but I was disappointed it was way too much too fast. It reminded me of The OC where both the guys got together with their "true loves in like five episodes.

The question becomes "what's next?" N/H are married and by the end of the season is Haley going to be pregnant have a miscarriage then they get divorced all in one season.

As for Lucas I think he has the most chemistry with Brooke but I am a little off that coupling since they are involved in real life and that is a no-no in my book. I tend to enjoy couples less if they are involved in real life. Don't know why.

As for Peyton wouldn't mind if Jake came back and they hooked back but I really want her back with Nathan they are hot.

Would be funny to see Haley/Tim hook up.

As for Dan have no sympathy for him if he had been involved in Lucas' life he would have screwed him up like he screwed up Nathan's.

As for him trying to do the right thing by Deb and feeling trapped by her it takes two to tango. Plus I would have thought he would have learned to use a freaking condom after all he already got one woman pregnant already. If he was really concerned about doing the right thing than he would have done right by Karen.

As for Keith I really hope that they spice this character up maybe make him a little closer to Dan's character and have him stop being a doormat for Dan and Karen.
TvJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TvJunkie (View Post)
As for Dan have no sympathy for him if he had been involved in Lucas' life he would have screwed him up like he screwed up Nathan's.
yes he did

He screwed up both their lives by doing just the opposite. Dan was never there for Lucas hence Lucas hating him for abandoning him and Karen. Dan was there too much for Nathan and was all over him about basketball hence Nathan resenting Dan for never backing off and letting him have a life.

Dan just has no medium. It's either too little or too much
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Nathan and Haley's kiss in the rain!

Oh Lucas, moving to Charleston with Keith.

Brooke and Peyton friends again!!

Oh no Dan, heart attack.

Bye bye Nikki!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How do they do it? I actually felt bad for Dan. Saying he wanted to leave to go to Karen, but then decided he had to (also) do the right thing by Deb.

Haley/Nathan kiss in the rain

In the end I liked all the story lines fine, but I'm not big on flashbacks leaving like that all the time.
The episode kinda dragged on for me

Nathan/Haley married
Old 09-15-2016, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember really liking this episode, except for the wedding.

but everything else I felt was really well rounded and I loved the Lucas/Haley moments.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Nathan/Haley married
I think people are STILL getting over that shock
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-29-2016, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the wedding
Old 10-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

It really was a shocker!
Old 10-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Uh, this ep. One of my least favorite ones in s1.

Hate NH teen marriage with a passion of a thousand suns.

BP plot was so boring and predictable. And I’m still not buying their “friendship.” I hate eps where Peyton has little to do outside of hanging out with Brooke. The only worse thing is when she’s preoccupied with Jake and/or Jenny. And there was a lot of that too here even though St. Jake and the kid were not physically there.

Dan's heart attack. Who cares? s1 writing for Dan was ok though. He was a decent, believable antagonist, without getting too cartoonish and ridiculous.

Deb/Keith. Meh. Don’t hate the characters for hooking up for all the wrong reasons, but hate the writers for setting this up so that we could have a lot of boring drama in s2. And poor Deb, whom I really like, barely gets decent sls post s1.

Haley/Lucas scene in the graveyard was cute.

Nikki is the only person I liked and rooted for this ep, much thought the writers intended otherwise. Burn Tree Hill down, Nikki. It sucks.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
I loved the wedding
simple and right to the point. Their wedding in season 3 was amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Hate NH teen marriage with a passion of a thousand suns.
I still agree that NH marriage at the Season 1 finale was a bit of a stretch and more of a jumping the shark as in adding shock value to come back to Season 2. But in the end of Season 2, starting through mid way Season 3, I think their marriage game them something to fight for and not just them in a high school relationship with all they had to do was break up and be done with it. So that part I like about them being married so early.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-30-2016, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I got married young. Granted, not That young, but still young.
And while I get that the show reflects Real Life and you don't want everything to be perfect, because life just isn't perfect, I would've loved to see their marriage just work out and the two of them being okay in their marriage.
Because TV mostly only shows drama. And drama is what people watch for. But it isn't like drama equals good TV. I kinda dislike that TV shows Always Have to have bumps on the road, things going wrong, drama.
Sometimes I just wish I'd see more couples on TV shows who just get together (or already are together) and are just left alone. It's not necessary to break every relationship up, I'll still watch
Old 10-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Gotta love the drama
Old 11-24-2016, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

the graveyard scene was the best part of the episode.

Completely agree with Sam, the wedding was just plain DUMB and imo its was way way way out of character for Haley to do something like that.

Im glad they had issues and I have to disagree with you Paula because I think its a horrible message to say "yes, teen marriage CAN work!" lol.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OP is done

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread