Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay so where do I even start with this review? I haven’t got the slightest clue. Guess I’ll do it the way I always do.

The Characters

Clay/Logan/Quinn: Okay their scenes were by far the best part for me. I can’t really comment on the Sara stuff because I’m not familiar with her at all. When I watched season 7 it was only for a few of the Brooke and Naley scenes. I couldn’t even do that because it was so hard for me with the loss of Peyton and Lucas [and Sawyer]. This season though I have been loving every moment of Clay, Logan, and Quinn.

Seeing Logan really get to enjoy his time with his dad and Quinn despite his fears was great. I seriously love this kid to death! Oh man and how awesome was it when he brought out his Green Lantern power ring?! Totally loved that part the most.

These three really are a family so to see them camp in the living room, seeing them on the beach and the for Clay to propose was just- I don’t even know what to say, it filled me to my hearts content.

Ha ha and way to go Logan for providing Clay with a ring. That made it very clear that he’s okay with Quinn becoming his step-mom. They really are a family.

~*~*~*~

Brooke/Julian: Really loved their scenes together. They are one of the neat couples on this show. They both have always been so supportive of one another. I love that Julian was able to get ‘An Unkindness of Ravens’ turned into a tv series. I’m really proud of him. My only hope is that he gets to have plenty of phone conversations with Lucas about it even though he does own the rights.

Brooke with her parents was sweet. No matter how many times a parent will screw up, depending on the type of person you are there will always be an infinate number of chances and Brooke is one of those people who despite gets hurt so many times, her heart is still big enough that she can let go of grudges and let people in even if that makes her vulnerable.

~*~*~*~

Haley: I really liked her scenes. To see her as she worked on her speech and remember Principal Turner and Whitey was so perfect and to see her be the one to do the presenting of the Burning Boat Ceremony was really heart felt. It seriously felt like closure of sorts.

~*~*~*~

Odds & Ends

Dawson's Creek Reference: Oh man I totally flipped out when Brooke asked Julian, ""Isn't that a lot like The Creek?" Talk about a major flashback moment. I haven't seen that show in years but it's still such a huge memory and for Brooke to mention Dawson's show "The Creek," I totally fangirled!

Tric 10th Anniversary: Wow crazy that it's been 10 years since the opening of Tric. A dream of mine would be if Peyton showed up but I know that won't happen.

Logan's Green Lantern Ring:
As a DC girl I have to give major props for this. I always knew that beneath that Marvel exterior there was a DC kid lurking under that skin. As if I didn't love Logan any more than I all ready did!

The Finale: I don't know if I'll be able to keep it together during the finale next week. There just doesn't seem to be any way. Seeing the "old" sets, in this case new for Julian, it's gonna be a real tear jerker! And then not to mention the flashbacks.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't all that into OTH once Lucas and Peyton left in season 6 but season 9 has been incredible that now I want it to go a season 10 so it's gonna be hard to let it go. We've had so many memories but like Dawson's Creek this show will live on forever!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

I like BJu together but I cannot understand why they went this way with the show.

I have been watching the earlier seasons and why would you want to change it? It is so weird.

I did like when Quinn put the picture of Sarah in Logan's room.
She seems to accept and honor the past and not try to run from it or change it. You know- healthly bahavior...

Anyway.. I liked Haley doing the burning boat. I thought the Victoria and Ted stuff was fluffy/funny. I just don't understand this Julian thing.
BabyBrooke123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

I slept on it and I am STILL annoyed with the whole Julian thing. I mean at this point it is a spin-off of Lucas's book with cameos from original characters and original sets, but starring Brooke and Julian and an epic love that they have had since high school. I call bull.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think this episode was a total slap to BL fans as well as Lucas or basically everyone. THIS ISNT BROOKE SHOW ALRIGHT.

She never suffered the pain that NHLP all suffered. Stop it

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ all of this and I agree with everything that has been said about Brooke/BJu (all the bad stuff of course)

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved Skills/Haley little scene as well as Chase/Haley though.

And Logan/Clay/Sara also. Imean the picture (it was sweet of Quinn)

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 03-29-2012, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

I find it creepy that Julian wanted to recreate Brucas scenes with himself. and I sort of feel every time they dis Brucas its a dig at Chad and that is unprofessional.

and Yeah, I was a big fan of Brook in the first few seasons but after the last few seasons I've become not a fan of her.

This ep. totally sucked but it sucked even more that it was the 2nd to last ep. ever.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
cutie_pie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie_pie04
I find it creepy that Julian wanted to recreate Brucas scenes with himself. and I sort of feel every time they dis Brucas its a dig at Chad and that is unprofessional.

and Yeah, I was a big fan of Brook in the first few seasons but after the last few seasons I've become not a fan of her.

This ep. totally sucked but it sucked even more that it was the 2nd to last ep. ever.
And all of this. Thank you

Old 03-29-2012, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding my heart (View Post)
I think this episode was a total slap to BL fans as well as Lucas or basically everyone. THIS ISNT BROOKE SHOW ALRIGHT.

She never suffered the pain that NHLP all suffered. Stop it
This part I do have to agree with. Though I didn't mention it in my initial review I wasn't sure if I should but since everyone else is discussing their negative reactions I might as well too.

While I didn't ship Brucas it totally was an insult both to the fans and the characters. Julian says he wants to turn 'The Unkindness of Ravens' into a tv show but what's the point if he changes things completely? And then the sex tape with his Julian and Brooke character totally undermines the sex tape that Brooke actually did with Nate.

It's like Julian is trying to re-write her past completely which is unfair. Granted he's making a tv show but still at least stick to some facts.

Brooke has never been the heart of the show but over the years they've made her out to be. If she were she would've been in the pilot with the original 4 and even then she was always sort of a sideline character anyways.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

And I feel really bad for the Brucas fanbase. They (BL) had their special time which I enjoyed at the time even though I ship Leyton and Brulian. I would never want that diminished or erased. It makes them who they are today and shows how strong Brooke and Peyton's friendship is to overcome that.

The more I think about the re-write the more it bothers me.
Regina Robin
"Sometimes the best teacup is chipped."
Old 03-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah normally I would not allowed this, but you've got to admit, this is kinda crazy. Julian rewriting Lucas and putting himself at Lucas's place. So is Julian Haley's new BFF or what?

I didn't ship Brucas or Leyton or anything, and this isn't even about fanbases or anything. this was simply a joke. Lucas's character has been treated so bad this episode, everyone except Brooke has been treated so bad.

This might be only iconic, but LH place at the burning boat, it was their place you know.

I would have prefered Haley not in the episode at all to be honest, she would have been better off with the guys & Lydia camping.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am hoping to imagine that the editors, producers someone at the fake TV show talks them out of the rewrite, and they (Brulian) think it over and agree.

If Julian wants to write about them then write their real story (bonding over Sam, infertility, etc).

And please let the finale honor the entire series... Similar to last weeks episode. I really love all these characters and I want it to stay that way.
Regina Robin
"Sometimes the best teacup is chipped."
Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond gothic (View Post)
well said, well said. Haley lost both her parents, Lucas lost Keith and never had Dan, Nate lost his father who shot his Uncle and Peyton also lost both her mothers,

They have ALL suffered, they have ALL been through so much over the years (pyshcos, love lost, car accidents, cancers ect)...Brooke is not the only character who grew, who experienced pain and heartache ect...they ALL did and yet the show continuosly shoves down our throats that her story and pain ect is the only one that matters. Please she got twin babies and has he parents...enough with the poor me shizz....it has the opposite effect IMO...it makes me dislike Brooke and BJu more.
also since when did Brooke not like High School? Wasn't she the one who always said she misses it, wishes she could go back, that things were easier ect and she said she never kept a diary?

Ugh they have to re-write things to give Brooke and Bju importance at the end of the show but all it does and esp after the great ep 11 is showcase just how contrived BJu are.

Thank god all s9 wasn't like this ep. It was one rotten egg in a batch with tastier eggs IMO.
Yep.

Even from S5, she said to Luke:

"Do you ever wanna go back? I remember being 16 and everything just seemed much easier. Would you do it differently?"

And there are about a million quotes of her talking about how much she loves high school in the earlier seasons.

Also, the diary thing made me laugh. The writers threw in a "I told people I didn't because I didn't want them to know" line to cover the rewrite... but her line "Someone once said: 'it's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time.' Me? I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember, even if I don't write it down" was a voiceover. Lmao, so I guess her thoughts were lies too.

Whatever, everything I once loved about Brooke is gone. She's not even remotely the same character anymore and I've accepted that, but can't they just leave high school Brooke alone? Of course not. They have to tarnish my memory of her too.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

I HATE Brucas, HATE. I wanted to burn my eyes out with hot pokers when they were together, still even when I watch the repeats. It infuriated me that they changed it and put Julian in his place basically. I was angry. Still am. I don't think that Brucas deserved that. No matter how much I hate them, they have their place in the show's history and it is a big place. It isn't Julian's spot to fill.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Master Fan

It's been a looooonnggg time since I've been here, but I had to share my thoughts on the 2nd last episode, which I watched in its entirety and boy do I regret it.

I wasn't aware that One Tree Hill became One Brooke Hill, nor did I realize that Brooke and Julian are the 'epic' couple of the show.

Julian re-writing everything to make him fit into her world is just plain ridiculous and desperate. While I understand them wishing they met each other earlier (a natural feeling), changing FACTS to suit their delusions is purely idiotic. If they were in high school, Brooke would have never given a guy like Julian, a self-proclaimed nerd, the time of day. Ergo, there would be no Julian scoring the winning shot or making a sextape with her. The writers shoving these two down our throats as the epic couple by disfiguring Brooke's teenage years and all of the characters' histories not only disservices OTH history, BL or even BJu, but OTH as a show. The time we've invested in the years of the show, I feel, has been wasted because all the memories have been erased or severely tarnished to prop Brooke and Julian. In addition, if I were a fan of this couple, I'd be pissed because: (1) he doesn't think high school Brooke was good enough without him; (2) they're both so insecure that they feel the need to latch onto each other even in the fictional world. That's not epic - that's called desperate and attention-seeking.

Worry not BL shippers - it's not only you that the writers have kicked to the curb, it is also the rest of us OTH'ers/former OTH'ers except those very few who kiss the floor BJu walk on.

I'm not even sure if I'll tune in next week, judging from the One Brooke Hill promo. Goodbye, OTH.
I love you.
balle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread