Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
They really have no idea what to do with Nathan and that's a great shame. The boy's also about to become a father again and it's like we haven't heard a single thought from him about that. I didn't want Nathan the coach because I thought it would be boring (like S5) but Nate the student is even more boring.If the show would balance it out with more NH scenes maybe it wouldn't be so bad but as it stands, omg his storyline is like a cure for insominia.
If I had to guess, the black guy will turn out to be some big NFL draft prospect and will sign with Nathan because of his kindness in class.

Nathan should have never made the NBA in the first place, imo. Think about the storylines he's got while in the NBA. A contract dispute and some lady accusing him of impregnating her and then, bam, back problems as a way to keep him from being separated from the cast.

It would have far more interesting had he failed in his comeback, despite his and Quentin's best efforts, and had to find a new dream. Plus, remember back in season1? He called his dad's party a suck fest and would rather be studying with Haley. I just don't see Nathan as a behind the scenes guy. He'd get restless.

Being a coach would have been a way to channel his passion and keep his cocky persona going. Besides, I thought it was always clear, Nathan and Haley were supposed to Whitey and Camilla of their generation. So, Nathan following in his footsteps seemed nice to me.

As far as having another kid, I'd love to see Karen/Andy/Lily pop in town briefly and Karen and Nathan could talk about what it will be like for him to have a daughter. Stupid show for never giving me Karen/Nathan scenes.
Serving Size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Atleast there was a NICE Peyton mention!

brittany & santana
ErinlovestheOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that is always a good thing.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay this episode.... wow, not sure what to say. REALLY sad to see how far the show has come. I mean, if you watched a season 1 episode and then watched this one... jeez. I just cant. I just dont understand how the quality of the episodes went down so far! Like, how hard is it to write meaningful, realistic scenes? I get it was sort of a joke episode, so I can forgive this one, but the show has been trying too hard in season 8 to be "funny" and it just makes light of every situation. It would be nice to see a serious episode with real emotion. Even if not a lot is happening. I agree with the earlier posts that the show has nowhere to go. Everyone has their happy endings already and so there is really no story left to be told. This season is definitely the worst of the series and drags so much. I cannot wait to get to season 9 because at least that season had some more meaningful moments.

Basically all of the season 8 episodes have felt filler with a few scenes here and there that are significant. But like I said before, at least this episode was pretty silly/humorous and so in that aspect I did enjoy it.

Chase's SL was okay for me, I didnt love it at first but then finding out about Chuck's absent father and drunk mother made it more interesting and more relatable. At least we got some more backstory on Chuck and I like that Chase wants to be a sort of big brother figure for him. It also sort of explains Chucks behavior in earlier episodes.

Mouth and Millie's storyline was super boring and just felt repetitive. I don't think anyone really cares if they are together or not. They've essentially had nothing to do for the majority of the series. At this point it doesn't really make any sense for them to be even on the show, same for Skills, Alex even, Mia and Chase.

Speaking of Mia and Alex, I actually enjoyed their plot. I liked that they seemed to come to a common ground by the end of the episode. Alex/Jana has a really nice voice and I liked her song. I dont necessarily want another singer on the how but it did help Mia realize she missed singing which I thought was cool.

Nathan's plot was a bit lame but I think it was a little better than some of the basketball plots he's been getting in the past and at least this one wasn't repetitive. I think they potentially could have extended the whole "mean teacher" SL over a few more episodes though instead of seemingly resolving it all in one episodes time. Nathan just constantly gets crappy storylines. It really feels like they never know what to do with him.

Favorite part of the episode was the superhero stuff with Haley, Quinn and Brooke. Even though it was REALLY dumb and unbelievable that grown women would act like that, it was also really funny. I particularly enjoyed the scene in the car, where Haley kept telling them to stop calling her baby mama lol. I also loved the scene as they were walking up to the bullies and how we saw a "what if" scene and then they played the real scene of the girls walking, I found that sequence pretty hilarious. And while it was silly for them to confront teenage girls and say mean things to them, at least they all sort of acknowledged how dumb they were acting. And the guys seeing the girls in costume later was pretty funny too.

I also have to say I loved that we got a Peyton mention and how offended Brooke seemed that an adopted girl was being bullied, that was a nice moment.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am on season 8. nothing good anymore.