Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

[Episode Discussion] 8x07 - "Luck Be A Lady"

Luck Be A Lady

Original Air Date:November 2, 2010
Episode: 8.07

Official Episode Description

NATHAN FEELS LIKE HE'S IN OVER HIS HEAD - As the wedding approaches, Brooke (Sophia Bush) tries to connect with Sylvia (guest star Sharon Lawrence), while Julian (Austin Nichols) looks for his best man at a guys' poker night. Meanwhile, Nathan (James Lafferty) struggles in his new job, while Haley's (Bethany Joy Galeotti) counseling abilities are challenged, and Skills (guest star Antwon Tanner) returns to town with a new friend. Robert Buckley, Shantel VanSanten and Jackson Brundage also stars. The episode was written by David Strauss & Mike Herro and directed by Les Butler (#807).

Episode Clips from 8.07:

Sneak Peek One/Official Episode Promo

Sneak Peek Two Episode Clip (No new clip), No Mark Schwahn Episode Preview

Episode Stills from 8.07:

CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image One, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Two, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Three, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Four, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Five, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Six, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Seven, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Eight, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Nine, CWTV One Tree Hill Photos: Image Ten

Source: CWTV One Tree Hill Photos Images (11-20): Luck Be A Lady

*Credit and thanks to everyone who uploaded the clips to youtube or hosted stills, etc.
*Apologies in advance if any promo or episode still has been omitted.
*All episode stills, as well as all clips following the official one, have been linked to avoid creating any potential spoiler conflict. Please follow the link(s) at your own discretion.

Rules:

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases or other posters. Please treat others respectfully.

- Please remember that no icons, fanart, etc., are permissible using episode stills until after the episode airs.

- Bethany Joy

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 11-01-2010 at 10:15 AM
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Sophia was on Craig Ferguson last night. They played a clip from tonight's episode. It includes Brooke, Haley, and Sylvia.

- Bethany Joy

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 11-02-2010 at 12:18 PM
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

- I really enjoyed this episode! Get rid of Jamie and Quinn, and look what happens! Too bad there was so much Mia and Chase still.
- The BH was AMAZING this episode. I was kinda bummed when they showed them in the CF clip, thinking that would be the bulk of it, but it was awesome! The adorable footage from the Halloween party! A phone call! Two fluffy ILYs! Brooke calling Haley her best friend! Tears at the wedding dress and a hug! All adorable. I've been majorly spoiled for my OTP this season, so I'm thankful for S8, just for that. Make up for the past couple of seasons. Keep it up.
- Haley was so hilarious and adorable all episode. Joy does comedy so freaking well. And her bump was so presh, I can't even.
- I'm already liking Erin a hell of a lot more than I ever liked Mia. But Grubbs started out kinda promising too, so.
- Look at that, let Alex interact with someone that's not Mia or Chase and she's amazing again! Jana was SO. GOOD. in the pool scene. Love her. Please keep her away from those two soul sucking characters, show, I beg of you.
- CHASE AND MIA CAN BOTH GO DIE. I cannot believe they are still on this show. I have seriously never met a single person that cared about them. And they are just getting douchier and douchier. I would have enjoyed running Chase over with a truck tonight.
- Wasn't even paying attention to the Clay/Nathan storyline.
- Julian is adorable. Lol @ the shoutout to SensitiveJulian. Love it. But we all know Alex or Jamie will be his best man. Please be Alex.
- The mannequin was creeptastic.
- Skills is back. Oh.
- FERGIE IS ALIVE.
- Next week looks good. Do I spy another Julian/Haley scene? YES PLEASE.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

I can't watch Nathan emotionally cheat on Lucas with Clay, I can't. Otherwise, I've yet to actually finish this episode, I just wanted to come here and proclaim that. Which I've now done. So, I'll be going now.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

Skills is still on the show?!

So glad to get a break from Quinn!

The mannequin just made me miss real Lucas.

Brooke was great!

Still sad they're making Julian such a loser this season... although him looking for a best man is realistic
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
The mannequin just made me miss real Lucas.
do i even want to ask?
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Skills came back from LA with a mannequin they had to make/use for a prop with his company, and he designed it to look like Lucas. So he was with them in all their scenes, wearing a Ravens jersey with the number 3 on it. So stupid.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

That was supposed to be Lucas? Maybe cira s4 with the bad-hair, perhaps?

kenny | credit
Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that... what? ken didn't even get it either! *dies*
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

A Lucas mannequin. And people want a S9? *shakes head*.

I haven't seen the ep, but Joy/Haley is fab in that sneak peek.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Total Fan

- Ugh! That whole ridiculous poker night was just stupid and really creepy. That Lucas mannequin was done in really poor taste and it just made Skills look completely crazy.
- Brooke was fantastic again and she stole the show for me. I can't wait to see her in a wedding dress. Sylvia was great aswell.
- Looking forward to Nathan's storyline at him being an agent. I think he plays that part really well and I would love to see him get all Jerry Maguire-like
- The Haley-Erin sl bores the hell out of me. Chase-Mia-Alex can all go die in a house fire. Loved that Quinn and Jamie weren't around for this episode. And although I am a huge Nathan fan, I have never really liked Naley, but tonight they were quite funny and enjoyable to watch.
Brittany45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe they had a Lucas mannequin. I kept shaking my head every time I saw that thing. Why Skills? Why you go there?

I adored Alex this episode, seriously adored. Her scenes with Julian were amazing and I'm happy the TPTB acknowledged that they were actually friends last season. She needs a friend and I'm happy she had Julian there. I can't believe how mean/evil Chase was being to her. She didn't deserve that at all..and especially that last scene with kissing Mia at the end. Poor Alex. She can do so much better than that asscrack. Does he know that she has tried to kill herself? If he does, then the way he treated her makes it even more cruel. Anyways, she shone in her scenes with Julian.

Gah! I loved Haley so much. She's so cute when she's hormonal (well when is she not cute? lol). I thought she was adorable in her scenes and I'm so happy they're giving her character a real focus this year. It's about time. Hopefully another character won't steal the new Irish singer away from Haley. But who knows? Her little bump was really cute and I loved her outfit. She's a sexy mama.

I love, love, loved! when Brooke called Haley her best friend. And I loved Brooke for calling Haley for backup but Haley was too busy trying all the food to actually help Brooke. I liked the last scene with Brooke and Mother Baker. The mom always wanted a daughter and Brooke always wanted a mom. I'm happy Brooke is happy now. She deserves it.

Loved the little bit of NH too. Their first pump was great.. I actually giggled out loud. I can't believe they went to bed and didn't notice that Jamie wasn't home. LOL. For some reason, I can't get into Nathan's storyline with Clay and wanting to be an agent. It's not that interesting.

Last edited by SweetSymphony; 11-02-2010 at 07:38 PM
SweetSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

I thought the Lucas Mannequin was hilarious!

Leyton and both of Naley's weddings didn't have bees. (Aw, I want to go watch Leyton's wedding again. When will they be back again?)

"So we're both a couple of screw-ups then?"
"Always and forever!"

"Screw-up powers activate!" Naley knuckle bump! Too cute!

I still don't like Julian. He's still annoying as ever. And I still hate how they tore down Owen for Julian.

Wasn't so fond of Brooke calling Haley her BFF though, that'll always be Peyton's place. I hope Hil comes back for the wedding, I want Peyton to be the Matron of Honor, not Haley. But it did sound fake and overly "enthused" for Sylvia's sake, so it does reassure me that Peyton is still her BFF.

Haley's pregnancy hormones. She's no help at all!

Ouch! Awkward poker game. I'd actually prefer that none of the current guys be Julian's best man. (I think of the ones at the poker game, I could see Mouth possibly being the best, but even that is a stretch.) And I really hope it's not Nathan, he's the only guy of the Core 5 left, so he's too much of the default best man. And I just can't see Clay being his best man. (Hmm, I wonder if Leyton will come back and then Lucas will randomly be his best man? Lucas Mannequin foreshadowing? )

Ha! I'm typing as I'm watching and everyone got up but Mannequin Lucas! Maybe my joke about foreshadowing isn't that far off... (Hey, if Mark can have Jake and Peyton wearing the same sneakers is foreshadowing of them being in a relationship, then I could see the Lucas Mannequin being foreshadowing for him as Julian's best man. ) The more I think about it though, the more I wouldn't be surprised.

I usually like Chase and I loved Chia and not Chase/Alex so much. I did like how both slapped him on each cheek though. I wouldn't mind seeing Alex and Mia bonding over Chase's jerkiness.

"I found my best man!" Still don't like Julian, but that was hilarious!

Oh man, Jamie wasn't even in the episode and he stole the Naley moment at the end. (And again, why do they let him hang out with that brat Chuck? I was content to think he and Quinn had went off to hang out together, effectively taking care of both of them this episode.)

The preview looks interesting. Nathan or Clay at the graveyard? I can't tell. I'd like to see Nathan visit Keith, but I doubt that'll happen.

Last edited by Princess Pinky; 11-02-2010 at 09:24 PM
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Elite Fan

I love the Julian/Alex dynamic, again. Too bad he didn't ask her, but I doubt Brooke would ever be okay with that. Better than the Lucas-mannequin.

The Men of Tree Hill, need to remove the sticks... Julian tried to throw this fun night and they just weren't having it. I felt bad for him. Loved his reaction when he got Clay to agree to come. Loved that Clay thought Julian was Jamie.

Otherwise, I'm just... kinda bored. I love Haley but the way they had her react to everything because of her "hormones" came off as silly and completely unrealistic - and not funny.

I don't know how I feel about Nathan becoming an agent. I kinda felt it was coming when he forged a tighter bond with Clay, and since Basketball is over, makes sense, I guess. His attitude towards Clay was kinda annoying. OMG, Nathan failed at something... Gee Nate, it's life... it happens... don't chastise Clay over it.

kenny | credit
Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by own worst enemy (View Post)
I love the Julian/Alex dynamic, again. Too bad he didn't ask her, but I doubt Brooke would ever be okay with that. Better than the Lucas-mannequin.
ITA. I think she would make the perfect best man but Brooke probably wouldn't like it. Watch them make Jamie. But I guess that would make sense too because Jamie and Julian are pretty close. I don't really want to see a kid though, as a best man for him.

Quote:
The Men of Tree Hill, need to remove the sticks... Julian tried to throw this fun night and they just weren't having it. I felt bad for him.
Seriously, right? I don't get why they couldn't have a little bit of fun. I felt bad for him too, after seeing his fantasy and then seeing what really happened, that sucked.