Old 02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

K I thought so but I was just making sure

was holy ground
LoVeJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Urgh, I would usually never wish death on a child, but please tell me I wasn't the only one that was hoping Jamie would fall and break his neck when he was climbing up the shelves? I knew that plot would be painful the minute I read it, and boy was I right.
I was thinking about you the entire time during those scenes! I knew they'd be your favorite!

Can someone please tell me what they're doing with the whole Brooke/Alex/Julian thing? Cause I'm confused as hell.

I really liked the ending with NH and the whole Sixteen Candles homage. I really want to watch that movie again now.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccacullen (View Post)
This! I was worried they'd have a failboat storyline of Millie being at the dance and being ~heartbroken seeing Mouth/Kylie together ... THANK GOD they didn't go down that route. Phew.
I'm glad they didn't do that. Mouth/Kylie reminded me a little of Brooke/Mouth during the boy toy ep. The nice guy and the girl who's a bit wild...the annoying thing is Brooke's changed so much and Mouth is exactly the same
emma » icon | tumblr
Moonless Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that cap same old story! =D
Old 02-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually didnt mind jamie so much and I thought that Home Alone was early 90's? lol.

but Haley's shirt at the beg of the episode, totally 80's lol. I just loved haley's line of a "birth of a new day"
cyke93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

OMG that Jamie scene hurt my head so much. What a terrible tribute to Home Alone.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
breath we drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love Home Alone. One of my most favorite movies! And yet they gave us that Jamie montage as a tribute? Ugh!

But in other news, I'm absolutely loving Brooke/Alexander. (Gah, he's such a cutie! In any decade. )
Princess Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Passionate Fan

His episode was good loved the eighties vibe

kfrancis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Elite Fan

Loved the last scene with Haley/Nathan on the table --- I always wanted that sweet 16 moment.

Brooke looked amazing.

And if I didn't think it before, Mark is going down the Julian/Alex road. The looks between the two, the promo, the hug...before the season end they will have been together. And once that happens Julian needs to get the **** out of Tree Hill and take Alex with him. If this is the story I whether Brooke be alone.

Loved the BL mention!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Roswell Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:52 AM
Elite Fan

For now I’ll comment on the NHJ scenes.

NH= They re-enacted the famous car scene/cake kiss from Sixteen Candles! Squeeeeeeeeee! PERFECT. My NH heart melted *swoon*

I love how much Nathan loves Haley. There’s no doubt about it, she’s his true love. This season more than ever we’re seen how far these two have come and how much they love each other. I mean all he wanted was to get to be with her on her B'day and all it took to light Haley up was to see him

In this ep, it was sooo lovely to get some romantic scenes for them and it wasn’t just because they did the cake/kiss....it was in the looks, in the hug by the car, in how happy Haley was to see him, in the way he remembered and always does, and how he did everything he could to get to her...it’s those little moments that were epic.

On a shallow note Nathan looked HOTT! & Haley was gorge & adorable in her pink dress. The kiss/cake scene was so much like the one in the movie, such a beautiful shot with the cake between them and then the kiss. When they’re leaning to kiss it was so flirty. You just can’t get better than that. Only complaint is that I wish the kiss was longer, but even in the movie it was kinda short too so eh I can look past that, LOL. For once I don’t mind that it wasn’t so long, I was just so happy with the quality we did get.

NHJ was Clay/Nathan was great, HQ/BH was good (though I wish Julian didn’t always have to be brought up in every BH discussion), Haley/Grubbs was funny .

Haley got a birthday. She got a birthday ...never thought I would see the day LOL. Joy is amazing. You could see all the range of emotions Haley was going through throughout the episode, she as always just adds so much to this show and after all these years the JLs still have it.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 02-02-2010 at 02:04 AM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed Haley's scenes this episode.

I was disappointed in B/Ju scenes. So tired of this storyline. Stop it, stop it now. Everyone knows it's going to be B/Ju in the end, but in the meanwhile they are trashing them by making them incapable of actually expressing their feelings. Why don't they just TALK about stuff? It's completely unrealistic. I was hoping to see Julian be a bit more aggressive at the dance, like ask Brooke to dance or something (the scenes from LP's wedding come to mind). And no reference to Brooke's Molly Ringwald dance, the dance that made Julian realize he's in love with her? Fail.

On a lighter note, Brooke looked GORGEOUS. Loved the BL references. <3

Already I like Kylie much better than Quinn. At least she has a personality. And I liked her and Mouth... reminded me of early B/M too.

Junk and Fergie were great additions. It's good to see some old faces sometimes, especially when they're not overdone.

I used to love Alex but her personality shift is boring me to tears. They took Brooke's fiery personality and gave it to Alex. Now where did it go?
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Mean_These_Words (View Post)
And if I didn't think it before, Mark is going down the Julian/Alex road. The looks between the two, the promo, the hug...before the season end they will have been together. And once that happens Julian needs to get the **** out of Tree Hill and take Alex with him. If this is the story I whether Brooke be alone.
Really? I still don't think that's where they're going. The whole plot of the movie, the girl not getting the guy in the end because she realizes that she doesn't really need him, was horribly anvily, IMO. And I think that'll be where it goes. I've still never seen anything romantic coming from Julian.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Now that's like..40 minuets that I will never get back.
I did love the BL mentioning and the Clay scenes, BH scenes, and Haley scenes.
And OMG, now we have Alex being the Brulian cheerleader? That's so S5/S6!

i love you. ♡

Last edited by 21:21; 02-02-2010 at 06:11 AM
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I kinda loved this episode.

-Brooke is major win, good to see the sexy/sassy/fun girl back, even if only for a few minutes. I love you, I love you, I love you.
-BJu was great, I loved the car scene. Adorable.
-Alex/Jana is one of the most gorgeous people I have ever laid eyes on, wow.
-Quinn needs to GFTO, Boring. I miss Tayyylooorrr (but promo!)
-Lose Jamie, do it Mark, I will send cookies.
-BH made the episode, Like duh.