Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that the reason the threads are shorter is because 1) people are more compelled to post negative things than positive things and most people seem to generally be satisfied with things so far this season and 2) with LP, BL, PH and BP all gone, there's a lot less arguments, which as already pointed out, caused the most posts previously.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

an alright episode
loved haleys performance and the song.
poor brooke,i felt sorry for her
finally Clay and quinn,why doesn't nate let them be?
not liking the new millie

{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree that the reason the threads are shorter is because 1) people are more compelled to post negative things than positive things and most people seem to generally be satisfied with things so far this season and 2) with LP, BL, PH and BP all gone, there's a lot less arguments, which as already pointed out, caused the most posts previously.
I agree, also I recall pages upon pages of BL vs LP debates, LOL. Now it's more like everyone just giving their opinion on the ep, not much back and forth and arguing going on.

So this was the weakest ep for me this season, but there were still things I liked. A lot of missed opportunities like always but what can you do. My complaints are more geared towards what we didn't get as opposed to complaining about what we got, because the scenes we did get I enjoyed (at least for the core...the rest like Millie I didn't care for).

NH: Only two scenes but they were sweet. I loved that Nate was there for her performance and that he gave her flowers. I loved their expressions when they saw Dan & Rachel, LOL. Urgh the last scene had so much potential and was amazing, until they got interupted, boo to that. Haley looked sexy and Nate looked hot, they were about to do it and that darn tv. If I were Nate I would have thrown it out the window.

BH: I enjoyed their scenes and the hug was cute.

Haley/Miranda: Loved their scenes, one of my fav dynamics this season. Their banter and humour is great, just a joy to watch these two interact.

Haley:
Loved the performance and Haley's whole look this ep.

Clay/Quinn: They were ok. I don't love them together, but I do like them.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Loyal Fan

double post- please feel free to delete.
Team Obsessed and Team Heart Attackers
Come read and review my writings at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/945831/Izzychase

Last edited by Izzychase; 11-10-2009 at 09:18 PM
Izzychase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a while but just wanted to join in- I'm Izzy, by the way.

I thought last night's episode was all strung together and the different storylines seemed a bit disjointed-

THE GOOD
-Alex isn't my favorite character but I thought Jana did a good job with her material
-Haley's performance at Tric
-Dan's genuine attempts to apologize to Nathan (I'm intrigued by the Dan storyline and I think Paul Johansson is doing a good job of keeping us in the dark as to his motives!)
-Jamie is adorable! "Nice to meet you Grandma Rachel" and Rachel's "Last time I knew, you were a rumor in third period"- so funny!
-Nathan/Rachel snarkiness

THE BAD
-Millie: I just don't like her storyline and I don't think it does too much for the show
-Brooke/Rachel scenes: I don't blame Brooke, and I knew she was in a really bad mood, but I'm hoping for more Brachel scenes in the future. I really hope that Rachel gets to explain to Brooke what Victoria did to her, at least.
-Sorry, Clay/Quinn fans, but I just don't see it. I like Quinn, and I don't mind Clay, but I just don't ship them?

I feel really bad for Brooke, but at the same time, her insecurity and whining is starting to get on my nerves a little but Julian also needs to simply do more than just say "I love you Brooke", he needs to be there for her. Arguably, he's spent more time with Alex than with Brooke lately, and Brooke is his girlfriend. You can't just tell someone you love them without showing it, y'know?
Come read and review my writings at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/945831/Izzychase
Old 11-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

I thought Brooke looked beautiful and my heart broke for her. I'm REALLLLY hoping they stop this Alex/Julian thing soon and let Julian really make it up to Brooke. Seeing her spend another season depressed and insecure is not something I want to do! We already had that pretty much all seasons five and six. I completely agree that Julian should've found Brooke before he left, explained, and asked her to come with. Bad move on his part.

As for Alex -- I agree with everyone who loves the actress. But she really upset me this episode. I wish she'd find someone else other than Julian to latch onto.

Millie -- I like this storyline. She's being horrible, but it's interesting. The stealing the cocaine thing was too much though. Come on. I can see the det pills and the bitchy attitude, but to take drugs? That's a little extreme for this "downward spiral" of hers.

Mouth -- Loved seeing him with Rachel again. I missed them. Loved him standing up for Brooke too. I still like Mouth.

Naley -- Not too exciting, of course. Eh.

Rachel -- Deserved the slap, I think. She was being horrible to Brooke. I loved seeing Brooke get all sassy and tell her off. But like the frenemies they are, I can see them confiding in each other soon.

Overall, not the best episode. But great directing from Soph!
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I also wanted to say that I really liked that Rachel dropped her act during her scene with Mouth. Even if he was judgey with her, I really liked that he was the only one that she was truthful with, and he didn't have to needle it out of her either, she just dropped it on her own. I really do like them together and wish I thought there was a chance that they'd end up together, but I'm thinking not so much, sadly.

I also wanted to comment that I don't get why Quinn likes Clay, since he's nothing like what she misses in David. Like, her reason for not being with David anymore is that he's not like the hippish guy he used to be or whatever. But what is Clay? The guy likes in a nice beach out and has lots of money and fancy things, so I just don't get it.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Loved the eppy, but could have been without the jamie scenes.

Sophia does angry so good, love it! Feisty brooke = love. However, sometimes her acting is really bad, i dont know if its the script or chemsitry but sometimes im not really feeling it, especially the scene with Haley when she says that she might be pregant. Btw I hated the line "you have wanted a baby since you were 22" - please kill me now!

Jana & Austin have great chemistry and im enjoying alex character so much right now! I freaking love Alex&julian!

Quinn&clay - they make a really a cute coupel but boring as hell! Please end it before it starts. Have brooke flirt with clay or sth..

Sophia did a great job with the directing!

Loved Rachel in this eppy!
ur_sailboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
I also wanted to say that I really liked that Rachel dropped her act during her scene with Mouth. Even if he was judgey with her, I really liked that he was the only one that she was truthful with, and he didn't have to needle it out of her either, she just dropped it on her own. I really do like them together and wish I thought there was a chance that they'd end up together, but I'm thinking not so much, sadly.

I also wanted to comment that I don't get why Quinn likes Clay, since he's nothing like what she misses in David. Like, her reason for not being with David anymore is that he's not like the hippish guy he used to be or whatever. But what is Clay? The guy likes in a nice beach out and has lots of money and fancy things, so I just don't get it.
Yes, Rachel did drop her act during the Rachel/Mouth scene, and I liked that it actually seemed genuine and sincere. I find the whole Dan/Rachel thing very insincere. I honestly think Dan loves her and cares about her, but I think she's really just using him. I really want Rachel to redeem herself this season, I really do. I guess I'm a huge Danneel fan and I thought that Danneel added so many layers to Rachel in seasons 3, 4, and 5 and to see Rachel come back unchanged and unfeeling is disappointing.

I hope we get better Brachel and more Rachel/Mouth scenes in the future. Out of all the guys on OTH, I would put Mouth with Rachel too- I think that they would balance each other out. I don't think it'll happen that way though.

Yeah, Clay's good looking, but I don't see a lot of the Quinn/Clay chemistry- she liked David when he was hippie-ish and carefree and not serious, but she likes Clay because he's closed off and slightly broody? I don't get it either.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Extreme Fan

LAME EPISODE! i hardly ever say this but...BROOKE annoyed me. why is she all emo? i get that she wants a kid (even that i found really unrealistic from brooke davis at age 22) & she doesn't have one yet but yeah, shes never been the "bitter type". seriously i know shes changed a lot from season 1 but it almost feels like a completely different character which sucks. i was really surprised by the slap like PMS much?

& jana is a really good actress, i adore alex

millie is an idiot. she reminds me of the nerd in school who does what the cool kids are doing, even the actors facial expression after doing the coke was like that of a kid who just did something "cool". please get her off my television thanks :o)

i loved haley's song though, her voice is so soothing
Old 11-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I adore Brooke to death, but she is definitely the bitter type. However, her anger at Rachel was, as I said before, contrived, as she wasn't pissed about it back in S5 from what I remember, so fail show. I thought she was OOT for most of this episode, though.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Fan

From what I remember, Peyton showed her that envelope where the money was... and Brooke looked shocked/disappointed more than anything. But, I'm assuming Brooke hasn't heard from Rachel since she left town. If that's the case, then I think Brooke was completely justified in her reaction. Not to mention that Rachel's "apology" wasn't exactly sincere and Brooke was already having a crappy night.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Administrator

I completely agree that a lot of the episode discussion threads in the past got filled up with posts with people from different fanbases fighting with each other, most notably with fans of Peyton fighting with fans of Brooke, but I like it when we have lots of posts on an episode discussion thread, because I like getting different points of view. I've found this season to be disappointing so far because Brooke is my favorite character, and she never really gets the opportunity to be happy, especially this season.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Meh, for the most part, Brooke seems to be happier this season than she has been in the past two. I liked last season better (but only because of Brooke/Sam), but this season has been way better than the mess that was S5. This season could be better, but I generally enjoy it more without LP, especially because Haley actually gets screentime and a POV, which never would have happened if they were still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Caitlin- (View Post)
From what I remember, Peyton showed her that envelope where the money was... and Brooke looked shocked/disappointed more than anything. But, I'm assuming Brooke hasn't heard from Rachel since she left town. If that's the case, then I think Brooke was completely justified in her reaction. Not to mention that Rachel's "apology" wasn't exactly sincere and Brooke was already having a crappy night.
I never said it wasn't justified, it just didn't seem to be ... right, because she was mad at Victoria for manipulating Rachel into leaving and just disappointed that Rachel bailed. So the whole thing about both Victoria and Brooke blackballing her was lame and I didn't buy it.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

i agree with you completly on that last bit - the reaction seemed justified for the situation BUT it (at least to me) seemed really odd that brooke was so mad after she seemed so upset and angry with victoria when it all happened - it seemed to me like the writers forgot how they had brooke react originally
it will be interesting to seewhat ( if anything) happens between them from now on

i am kind of sick of brooke having such depressing storylines this season
its about time someone gave her something happy to do for a change