Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Yeah. I don't like this new Millie either.
Icon: thememoryslides
Laurababora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

NEEDED more NH!!!! But the two NH scenes we got were Joy/James are seriously AMAZING!

Loved, loved, loved the BH scenes, those two are sooooo bloody fantastic!!

Clay is useless and the WORST agent ever!! Quinn is still blah for me, I really want that to change but I don't see it happening, just both of you GO AWAY!!

Julian.....I don't even know where to begin!! I know that the men on this show have serious hero complex's and are usually completely brain dead when it comes to sexy women who AREN'T their significant others hitting on them, but COME ON!!!! Julian should have atleast spoke to Brooke before leaving Tric or better yet, let Brooke come!!

The Brooke slap for Rachel was great! Love when Rachel gets bitch slapped!!

Millie.....egh!! GO AWAY!!! Waste of freaking space!

LOVED Miranda! That chick has brass balls and she is wicked! Her and Haley have awesome chem!

I liked the Dan/Nathan scenes, I understand that some fans are getting frustrated that their scenes are just repetative with Nathan telling Dan that there is nothing he can do that will get him to forgive Dan, but I completely understand Nathan's reasoning's and I absolutely respect him for it! He is willing to let him be involved with Jamie and Dan should just back off and let it be!

LOVED Nathan's line to Dan "I'm sure when you and Deb are through with my high school class I can rummage up my middle school class for you" You gotta LOVE Nathan, he is tooo adorable!

Alright episode but definitely not as good as I wanted it to be!

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 11-09-2009 at 10:59 PM
You can't kill me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen the eppy yet but is Brooke sterile??
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Roswell Dream Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First of all, I haven't seen the whole episode yet, so... this is just about what I saw!
That was not really a positive episode and definitly not the best of the Season!

Dan/Nathan
How often did we already hear "The day Keith died, you died" - well, no, Nathan, that's not true! I'm so annoyed by Nathans morale behaviour when it comes to Dan! Keith dead or not - can Scott, jr. please fix his senses and realize where he would be right now without Dan Scott? I can tell him! He would be a drinking, depressive widower! FACT!

I do think that 5 years in jail aren't enough for murdering your own brother... but Dan did go to jail, he got punished and he had to live with the guilt. And he does, at least he tries. Nathan is just arrogant and that annoy's me.

I do not want Nathan to be like "O Daddy, I love you, I forgive you, you're the best" - I just want him to sort his senses!

Clay/Nathan
Sad... just like with Quinn/Haley I was so excited to see a Clay/Nathan friendship. Nate never had a real good friend (except DimTim). But if Clay is going to say "Let me do my job" once more... I want someone to slap him. He's not good in his job! He failed with René and now... the Bobcats!!

Brooke/Haley
Nice scenes! Love them. But I'm not sure if I liked the "I was just stressed" storyline. I was hoping for something better. I know it sounds harsh but I would prefer a storyline for Brooke that she can't have kids. a) Great Drama and b) I wouldn't have to see her with a babybelly! Brooke worked great with Angie and with Sam and I prefer her to adopt a kid (with a man). I don't know why, but that's how I feel.

Nathan/Haley
First of all - thanks for letting Nathan be there when his wife was on stage instead of letting him talk to a dead person about BB. Point for you! But... lets face it... you guys fail in writing Naley. Where's the Naley-stuff? Where is the pregame-ritual? Where are the purple flowers (the RIGHT ones)? Here was your chance to make a huge fanbase happy and - NOTHING!

And why couldn't Nathan and Haley just sit on their bed or couch or whatever and kissed BEFORE the news came up in the end? That's not too much to ask for. 10 seconds of kissing and we're happy.

I liked Joy's Song a lot btw.

Millicent
Just saw the scene at the club. Okay... it's weird, it's different, but even though I'm the only one, I liked the storyline. It's a great drama, it's different and it's the first time since Season 4 that Mouth doesn't annoy me!

Best part: "Nice to meet you, Grandma Rachel!"

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
soulmatejunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'd much prefer her adopt as well, which I hope they end up doing. The last thing this show needs is yet another pregnancy storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Mean_These_Words (View Post)
I haven't seen the eppy yet but is Brooke sterile??
No, she just wasn't pregnant.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmba310 (View Post)
Joy looked beautiful on stage and I loved the song, although we sure didn't get to see much of the actual performance.

Other than that, I thought the episode was boring and forgetable with some very weak performances by several of the cast members. For me, this was by far the worst episode of the season.

Here's hoping for better next week.
Totally agree with you on this. The worst episode this season by far! I was actually very bored.

I was so looking forward to Joy's performance and they downplayed it so much. We barely got to see her and no body acknowledge her except for Nathan and that was brief and interrupted by Dan presence. It seems like they are always interrupted by something. The ending, which would have been nice to get some "encore" was interrupted by the news of Nathan not being signed on and let's not forget how many times Jamie has interrupted them in the past.

Aside from the Naley, I didn't like anything else that was going on either. It seemed all over the place.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

There was something about the "feel" of this episode that was just off for me. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm off, lol.

I know Alex was alone for storyline purposes, but Alex being alone and having nothing to do didn't make sense to me. Why wasn't she at Tric for Haley's show? She's obviously a partier, we've seen her at Tric before, and it's not like she doesn't know all those people. Her whole, I'm so alone thing just kind of grated. Still, I thought Jana, who I really like, did an excellent job with her material.

The Millie thing is kind of weird, but I thought Lisa did a great job showing how drugs change someone's personality. She was so different in her behavior and attitude.

I'm kind of warming to Quinn finally but notice I just said "kind of". Still, it's progress, because up til now I haven't been feeling her. And actually, strangely, didn't-expect-this, I'm warming to Clay/Quinn as well. And I'm conflicted about it all.

Do married people really kiss on the forehead as much as Nathan/Haley do? Seriously if he does that one more time I'm gonna slap someone. Kiss your wife on the lips Nathan!!!

Great performance by Joy as Haley, with Amber doing background!! Awesome song!

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just finsihed watching last night episode.
All I have to say WTF?
We got nothing. I mean no good NH stuff, and when they might have they got distracted by the tv? And he lost his spot? He worked so hard for it.
So clay turned down Nathan's only Chance, because he thought they could do better. Are you insane clay? Now Nathan has nothing!

Besides that Loved what NH we did get, loved her song.
I was hoping brooke was pregnant. But of course she isnt.
Didnt get to watch the Brooke slapping rachel, but I am hoping to soon.

Dan/Nathan- Loved the scenes, when nathan slammed the door in his face.

I loved the part when Haley was like " he is the heathest dying man I know"
or something like that. That was funny.
Also the line "nice to meet you grandma rachel" Also funny.

Though I have to say, why is that kid so smart?for a seven year old he knows way to much. He is still cute though

Other then that it was ok, not the best NH of all.:sad:
Avan'ya_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Passionate Fan

last night's epi was awesome loved i even if it was sad cuz brooke didn't the baby and the guy but hey clay and quinn was kissed it was amazing loved it all though finally knew it was going to happen

kfrancis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
New Fan

Good Morning everyone!

This episode felt like... blah; like a bunch of scenes stapled together so that we can fill up 45 minutes and move on.
I will agree with the majority that Clay/Quinn feels too forced. It is a shame really... I don't think that this duo-couple whatever you want to call them has no chemistry; they do!!! but not in the context set up for them, which is all this lovey-dovey, new found romance. It just seems... shallow. Plus, Quinn is married -Is David that hard to forget? Me thinks absolutely not!!!!- AND Clay should really focus on other things like his job maybe??
This storyline is killing the characters and it's really a shame because the potential was amazing, still can be but eh... I'll wait it out and see how it goes...

I can't say that I liked the Haley concert/performance idea or even the song, not because of the actress or the song itself (Joy seems to be on top of her game this year and the least I can be is respectful to someone's, anyone's, hard efforts but... ->) This whole concert thing was coldly served to me as a viewer! And where did it help matters in terms of story evolution? Have Chase admit that his cocktails suck? I didn't even see Nathan fawn after his wife! Come to think of it did I even see Nathan? Oh yeah... He was sitting between Clay and Quinn, when the two were were exchanging secret smiles behind his back. That was a small moment but it annoyed me a lot!

I'm not against a Haley music career storyline but what can I say I like consistency. Also, this song in style is not at all similar to the one I heard in the season premiere. Aren't artists kind of careful with this type of thing especially an artist in Haley's position who's basicly starting over. That kind of irked me.

What did I like about the episode? Miranda! She's so wonderfully bitchy and executive-y Can we keep her? Dan and Rachel and Nathan. Nathan and Rachel jabbing at each other was the best part of the eppie!!!

The rest of the eppie felt like a distraction... no cool Naley moments -the forehead kiss just wasn't enough for me. I've seen them do it so often I've just become immune-, no cool Alex/Brooke interaction -Please, please, please bring back the alex of the first four eppies. the one that made Brooke all bossy and frustrated and ready to step in and take things in her hands -I did kinda see that last night in her brief exchange with Millie but where I should have seen it is in her exchange with Julian and in finding out she is not pregnant.

Last but not least, kudos for Sophia Bush directing. And kudos to the show for being supportive of the cast directing. Above all, I am a fan of trying and putting in the work
irrelevanbabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Administrator

As a happily married man, I can say that I don’t kiss my wife on the forehead Tammy.

Man, what a difference this season makes! Normally, by this time, we’d be into a second thread, but here we are and we haven’t even gone past the first page. Oh well.

I really miss Lucas and Peyton, and the show isn’t the same without them.

I wish they’d let Brooke be happy.

Clay and Quinn do nothing for me, and I liked him with Sarah. Too bad she’s dead!

I hope that Nathan gets picked up by another team. Clay doesn’t seem to be on his game as an advocate for Nathan like he should be.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I personally think this season is much better without Lucas and Peyton. Everything seems much more balanced, finally.

Quote:
Why wasn't she at Tric for Haley's show?
I'm assuming it's because Julian and Brooke were gonna be there, and they wanted a night alone or whatever. Either way, I didn't like how rushed that was either. At least give it an episode or two of them not working together/her being alone. Either way, Jana killed it, and that's most important to me, lol.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Total Fan

Well, I have to say I was not crazy about last's episode. I guess you can't like them all. Something was just off, just not sure what it was!!

I am happy about Clay and Quinn. Maybe she can get out of her "down in the dumps" mood!

Best scene part of the episode was the last 10 minutes!! I felt that a lot happened then.

Jerry, I think we had alot of Lucas and Peyton posters! Without them, this thread does not move as fast, for sure!

loveatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What are they doing to Millie? Not cool.
Grandma Rachel
Nate is screwed!
Poor Brooke.no baby and Julian drama
Alex,BORING.
How come Jamie is smarter than all of them?
Good show Hales!
Nice kiss for QC <3
Old 11-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocchipcooky (View Post)
There was something about the "feel" of this episode that was just off for me. Or maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm off, lol.
It was not just you. The flow wasn't good at all and a lot of the performances were lacking.
Quote:
Do married people really kiss on the forehead as much as Nathan/Haley do? Seriously if he does that one more time I'm gonna slap someone. Kiss your wife on the lips Nathan!!!
So frustrating, isn't it, Tammy? I'm almost to the point where I'd rather he didn't kiss her at all than see another forehead kiss. Those kisses have their time and place, but last night's episode was not the appropriate time. And don't even get me started on that final scene and yet another interruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Man, what a difference this season makes! Normally, by this time, we’d be into a second thread, but here we are and we haven’t even gone past the first page. Oh well.
Jerry, The reason there were pages of episode discussion posts in previous seasons was because all episode discussions turned into sniping sessions between certain character and/or couple fanbases. If you look back at the episode discussion threads from those seasons, you'll see that for every 1 real episode review, you had 50 posts with fanbases going after each other.

What's great about this season is that, even when there aren't a large number of posts, nearly every post is an actual review of the episode, not the fans going after each other. I find it very refreshing that for the first time in 7 years, I can come into this thread and read other people's opinions without getting caught in crossfire and I like the fact that even when we disagree about an episode, we're all, for the most part, respecting each other's opinion. If it took Lucas and Peyton leaving to get us to that point, then good riddance. (Although I'll always miss the LH friendship).