Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

[Episode Discussion] 5x07 - "In Da Club"

5.07 - "In Da Club"
February 12, 2008

It's a Tree Hill reunion as the entire gang gathers at Tric to see The Honorary Title perform. While Peyton (Hilarie Burton) and Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) see this as an opportunity to introduce their musical act, Carrie (guest star Torrey DeVitto) sees it as a chance to get closer to Nathan (James Lafferty). Brooke (Sophia Bush) forces an unsuspecting Mouth (Lee Norris) to go on a blind date with Millicent (guest star Lisa Goldstein). Lindsey (guest star Michaela McManus) confronts Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) about sneaking off to see Peyton. Antwon Tanner also stars. Greg Prange directed the episode written by Mike Herro and David Strauss.

---------------------------------------------------

RULES AND REMINDERS FOR THE EPISODE DISCUSSION THREAD

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to debate, argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, actors or other posters.

Also:

We are opening a new thread because we want our posters to have an outlet to discuss episodes. We know that it's important, but the nature of some of the posts in the previous thread is not okay, not appropriate, in some cases a violation of either OTH Board or Fan Forum rules, and will not be tolerated in this new thread.

Please, do not attack others for feeling a certain way, or having a certain opinion. Be respectful. If a handful of posters begin going back and forth with insults, sarcastic and/or rude remarks, we will step in and there will be consequences, potentially infractions. We've asked nicely, and we want to ask one more time now, too, despite the recent behavior in the past thread.

Remember to try and focus primarily on this particular episode, as it is an episode discussion thread for episode seven. There is no need for there to be posts that almost solely rehash events of previous seasons. It only leads to debates and fights and that is not what this thread is here for.

Please do not make generalizations about posters, fan bases, etc. because it really is not fair to anyone and does nothing but worsen the environment of the thread.

Thank you,

The OTH Moderators

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.

Last edited by shoots up a flare; 02-13-2008 at 03:48 PM
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe someday (View Post)
And I lovelovelove that people are forgetting the fact that Brooke [and Sophia!] has been the subject of just as much bashing as Peyton has over the years. Hilarious to me.
Thank you.
Serene_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread!

It's not about Peyton bashers, honestly. Peyton's behavior has been heinous all season, that's why people are calling her on it. I came into s5 with an open mind (I even like Lucas, my least favorite of past seasons, this year) and Peyton hasn't grown up, she's selfish, rude, immature, and just plain nasty.
rose parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose parade (View Post)

It's not about Peyton bashers, honestly. Peyton's behavior has been heinous all season, that's why people are calling her on it. I came into s5 with an open mind (I even like Lucas, my least favorite of past seasons, this year) and Peyton hasn't grown up, she's selfish, rude, immature, and just plain nasty.
TFTNT.

I don't have a problem with that. I said in the previous thread I respect everyone's opinions but I personally think those are based on previous seasons and for old reasons. Sure there actions of the present will be frowned upon too but I still think it's the past causing the most bashing. I'm not saying this is the case with you but I think it's that way with a lot of people, yes. I just think it's very unpleasant as a Peyton fan. I could not come here but I always seem to feel the need to defend. Masochism. Heh.

Anyway, LP shouldn't have kissed, no but it doesn't make them lesser beings in my eyes.
Sparkling_Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drops of Jupiter
There is a mountain of grandstanding that goes on in these threads and the LP fans are perfectly content to just like who the like and post amoungst themselves. They dont have to prove anything to anyone by posting up a storm in here.

They never have been that kind of fanbase, I admire that.
You're so right! But it's kind funny reading all those bashing and it's fun after this lame episode
Have fun with your Peyton hate all. I'm off. Same should do all LPers who are still posting here. Don't waste your time people *sigh*.
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Cold Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiri Appleby (View Post)
You're so right! But it's kind funny reading all those bashing It's fun after this lame episode
I'm leaving you all with you Peyton hate. Same should do all LPers who are still posting here. Don't waste your time *sigh*.

Have fun
I know you're right, Wero but it's stronger than myself LOL.
Sparkling_Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Come on, you cannot say in S1 that Peyton is what broke them up. It doesn’t matter if Lucas wanted to be with her or not, he didn’t want to be with Brooke. What broke Lucas and Brooke up in S1 was that he didn’t want to be with her. It is as simple as that. If Lucas ends a relationship because he has feeling for Peyton, that is hardly her fault. She can’t control what he feels anymore that she can control the weather.
If you go back and watch 1.13, you can see Lucas was happy with Brooke until he made out with Peyt. in the motel, and then the next episode he was all, "I can't stop thing about you, Peyton!1" So...yeah.

And anyway, I don't know why I even have to have a debate about my opinions.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Please read through our reminder in the opening carefully, everyone. This thread will not become what the last one did.

And I also want to ask that from this point on, issues and posts from the last thread be left there. Lets move on from the personal attacks, fights, rehashing of the past, etc. and instead focus on this particular episode.

Thank you.

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

IA, rose parade. Lucas was always one of my least fav. characters, and I loathed him in s4...but I actually liked him this season. So, I definitely do not base my opinion on just past seasons. I hated s1 Peyton, but started somewhat liking her in s2... until 316, when she made that mistake again. And since then, she's just been a selfish and self-absorbed character to me. This season made her even worse than before.
flawed perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're truly devoted and crazy fan Karen My man is back from work so I have to go anyway Take care.

Hardcore Brooke/Sophia bashing? I really need to read some old thread Maybe this weekend.
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Cold Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Total Fan

Word to your whole post, coolzie!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose parade (View Post)

I really came into S5 with an open mind, too. Willing to forget the past seasons. I mean, if the characters are four years in the future and their behavior and actions are behind them why shouldn't I put it behind me as a fan (term used loosely)? And I do like Lucas this season too. But the problem is that some characters (namely Peyton) refuse to let the past go and act their age. Up to the same antics, disrespecting her friend's friends (she just wanted to "interrupt" H/L), to disrespecting Lucas' serious love life. She's walking around with a major bitch face on, pouting and whining about her "too large and too free office", consequences of her decisions to put her mail job over the supposed love of her life, and being plainly miserable. It's kind of tiring, tbh.

As a Brooke fan, it is so refreshing that the character is painting a new canvas and turning over a new leaf. She feels so real and relatable, and she's growing up! It's what I wanted to see from the main 5. Including Peyt.
shiftmyshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aiyah why was there another thread made? I mean there's just bashing going on and people calling people out. It's too much.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
naturellebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I don't have a problem with that. I said in the previous thread I respect everyone's opinions but I personally think those are based on previous seasons and for old reasons. Sure there actions of the present will be frowned upon too but I still think it's the past causing the most bashing.
It is impossible to separate the past from what happened (or has been happening) last night. They are characters that we have been following for 5 years now and they have become real to us in good and bad ways. I cannot forget what Lucas and Peyton have done in the past and be like "OMG wow they will get back together again the same way" and actually root for them this time around. It is impossible. I think Mark lost a great opportunity to write L/P in another light with this new season. Now he is just recycling old storylines that have made some people turn against them the first time around. I didn't like what they did to Brooke before, I am not going to like it this season with Lindsay. I actually like Lindsay. I just wish she would run fast away from Lucas at this point.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by only midnight (View Post)
If you go back and watch 1.13, you can see Lucas was happy with Brooke until he made out with Peyt. in the motel, and then the next episode he was all, "I can't stop thing about you, Peyton!1" So...yeah.
So it was about Lucas' feelings.
And feel the sky on your hands
just is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top