Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well I must confess...I swore I'd never watch this show again, but three things changed my mind:

1.) The prospect of Jake/Bryan in a beater
2.) Sophia being her normal lovely self
3.) BABY JAMES!!!

(Not necessarily in that order...)

Yeah...that boy is all kinds of fine, and I'm so looking forward to seeing his brilliance, now that he has his balls back (thanks Hales ). Just...thank you, Mark. Sounds like you've done an excellent job.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I gave up on this show a long time ago, but my friends and I still watch it to be entertained........we made OTH into a drinking game. Anyway, I can't believe what the writers have done to Haley. It's just not right. The character of Haley is a complete contridiction from the character we had a year ago. And Lucas moving in with Dan......that storyline is beyond dumb. The relationship that Lucas has with Keith and his mom would never warrant him doing that.

I'm thrilled that Jake is still around and I'm sooooooo happy that the Nathan/Haley marriage appears to be over. (As I duck from being hit by all the Naley fans.)

This show had so much potential when it started and now it's just over-the-top drama. I keep hoping the show will go back to its roots, but I'm starting to lose hope.

JUST MY OPINIONS! DON'T HATE!

On the plus side.........I was a total Peyton-Hater until Jake showed up. His return to the show has made me embrace Peyton and they are proving to be the best thing about the show for me and my drinking buddies.

Forever mourning the loss of Arrested Development!
Go Huskers! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Addicted Fan

I liked this episode. Lots of drama going on.

-The best part of the episode for me was the 5-7 second Lucas/Peyton scene in which she thanked him for calling Jake. I loved the hug: I want more L/P scenes. The only reason I even bother watching the show anymore is because of Hilarie/Peyton. She was great in the episode last night. I noticed the look on Lucas's face after Peyton thanked him for being such a good friend. He didn't look too thrilled about being just her 'friend'. Hmm.

-The Haley/Nathan scenes were sad. And I felt so bad for Nathan when he returned home and Taylor told him that Haley had left too go on tour. James Lafferty was amazing in those scenes. He can convey so much with just a look. That scene in which Nathan through the keyboard at the wall and it shattered broke my heart. So sad.
MarstersAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wanted to mention another reason I loved last night's episode: All the DAN! Seriously, he's an evil, evil man, yet I can't help but love him! I truly believe he loves his sons. He's manipulative and controlling, yet he does care. If he didn't, he wouldn't have bought the heart medication for Lucas. He truly wants what's best for them; he just has a warped sense of love.

Seriously, next to James, Paul made that episode for me! I know I'm in the minority, but I squeal with glee each and everytime he's onscreen.

The hardest part isn't finding who we need to be, it's being content with who we are.
Missy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Element
Well I must confess...I swore I'd never watch this show again, but three things changed my mind:

3.) BABY JAMES!!!

Yeah...that boy is all kinds of fine, and I'm so looking forward to seeing his brilliance, now that he has his balls back (thanks Hales ). Just...thank you, Mark. Sounds like you've done an excellent job.

Welcome back Janine
This is one of my favorite epis now if not my favorite. James,Sophia and Bryan rocked in all there scenes. The show has improved so much IMO this season.
Rosebud55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Element

3.) BABY JAMES!!!

Welcome back Janine
This is one of my favorite epis now if not my favorite. James,Sophia and Bryan rocked in all there scenes. The show has improved so much IMO this season. I do love Paul too. Dan makes the show so much more intriguing.
Rosebud55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:18 AM
New Fan

To Hell With Haley

I don't mind that Haley wants to pursue her music...but I hate that she keeps lying to herself and Nathan...it is about Chris because why didn't she bother to ask Michelle Branch if she was really interested in her voice...Haley claimed in the first episode of the season (when she was talking to her parents) that she never jumped into things that she looked at them in every angle...but not when it comes to her music and Chris...dude she's depending on someone who's nothing but an opening act...and if she thinks that it's worth leaving Nathan over thaen she shouldn't be able to have Nathan in her life...I'm happy that the old Nathan is back but I don't like where this attitude is coming from...it's not the same I don't give a crap Nathan Scott this is the "my wife left me I'm shattered" Nathan...and I worry that he's gonna go into a path that isn't worthy of him...I hope that Lucas can help him...I also wish that Luke would confide in Nate if not in Karen...because his relationship with Nathan is much more fragile than that with his mother...and if Nathan feels that Lucas has accepted becoming the substitute Nathan then it adds more fuel to the fire of pain Nathan is feeling. I'm disappointed in Peyton I wished she had told Haley to fix her mess the way she told Nathan to fix it when Lucas had the accident last season...I mean is it me or nobody seems to be going to bat for Nate...what happened to loyalty? Well I guess if you can't count on your wife to be loyal then you can't count on anyone.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy48
I wanted to mention another reason I loved last night's episode: All the DAN! Seriously, he's an evil, evil man, yet I can't help but love him! I truly believe he loves his sons. He's manipulative and controlling, yet he does care. If he didn't, he wouldn't have bought the heart medication for Lucas. He truly wants what's best for them; he just has a warped sense of love.

Seriously, next to James, Paul made that episode for me! I know I'm in the minority, but I squeal with glee each and everytime he's onscreen.

I love Dan too. He's evil, but he also has just the right amount of humanity in him to make me love the character.

Magnus and Alec
Chasity05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Ok so Chris is back & being an *******. It's funny seeing him being such a jerk, because he just doesn't seem like that at all.
I do NOT like that Haley lied to Nathan. She should have told him from the beginning that she kissed Chris, it was a mistake, won't happen again, there's nothing going on between them, they have a music connection. I just realllly don't want them to break up, they're married for god sakes! But I know they can't be happy all the time. I know they have to have some kind of drama. But I've had enough drama, I want my Nathan & Haley back. James freaking BLEW me AWAY tonight! His acting is getting better & better with each episode. Watching the DVD's & seeing him in the beginning & seeing him now, It just blows my mind. I can't believe it's the same person. He's just fantastic & he doesn't even know it. He could not have been more perfect. He's grown so much as an actor. He has such presence & is so captivating. I felt so bad for Nathan, my heart just broke for him. I loved that he walked by the bench. I started crying then. I was like "OH OH that's the bench, that's the bench!" This episode tore me apart, but I loved it for James. He did so wonderful. Every scene he was in felt very real to me. I just can't stop gushing about James.
I can't believe Haley left. I wonder when she'll come back. What's she gonna do when she comes back? She's not going to be able to get Nathan back right away that's for sure. When they got married I NEVER thought she'd leave him for her dreams. It's so selfish. She gave up his dreams for her, shouldn't she do the same?

Jake & Peyton, are the cutest most precious things EVER! The last scene was the BEST! I hope that Jake & Peyton become the stable couple on the show. The one that shows everyone hope & love. I noticed something rewatching the last scene. When they show Jake, Peyton & Jenny in bed, Brooke's voice over speech says "And if you can take a chance on me, we can do great things together." I think that applies to them!

Moira was fabulous. When she went to Andy & cried because Lucas left, I just hurt for her.

I KNEW Lucas was gonna have HCM I knew it. I hope that Dan really does want to help him.

Naked Nathan in the beginning? Jake in a beater at the end? Can it get any better?

So the previews? The bad boy is back & in fine form. I can't WAIT to see Nathan punch Dan.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

wow...i'm spoiled and yet i didn't know everything that was going to happen...

Lucas is sick! I did think it was strange that all three of them got tested and none of them had it. i thought someone has to have it...but do you think there was any way that maybe dan fixed the test? it was just a thought, but that seems like going through a lot of trouble since lucas has to take medication. but if he is sick what does this mean for the future? is it that he can't play basketball, but will continue to play anyways?

I'm excited to see Nathan go through his downward spiral. I'm kind of hoping that he will try to hook up with Peyton since Haley's not around. I was always kind of disappointed that we didn't see more of their relationship...the good parts at least. I think it would be interesting if he tried to hit on Peyton since she was his old girlfriend, although I guess she's kind of busy with Jake. But maybe Jake and Nathan can get into a fight over it.

And I will now lay down in defeat over thinking that Lucas was talking about Peyton. Even though I swear everything he said about the girl and everything that happened last season pointed to him loving Peyton, I now believe it is Brooke. They always have scenes together, especially in this episode, and he gave her a lingering look at Tric. Oh, well...doesn't make any sense to me....
Old 02-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think Nathan or Haley is necessarily solely 'to blame' for the situation they are in now. They got married at 16 and it is too much for them to handle. Yeah...that's...shocking. If Haley had not cheated on him...obviously it would be better and there is absolutely no excuse for that. But they still wouldn't be happy. They are trying to cling to a relationship that has been given too much stress to last.

There are a lot of 'should haves' with them.

But if they DID do everything perfectly, I would be even more bored with them than I am now - so really, there's no winning.

Bring on the drama, at least now I'm entertained.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

So I saw the ep...I've come the following conclusions:

- James/Nathan is officially the best kept secret on the show, as far as talent goes
- Jake/Bryan needs to be in a beater, giving Peyton those looks a LOT more often
- What superscar said about the N/H marriage/breakdown deal, only I don't plan on liking them...ever...
- Sophia Bush is a goddess
- Dan cracks me up (i.e. his "Hm...upgrade" quote to Taylor)
- Lucas has HCM...that just generally sucks, but okay

Not saying I'm going to re-emerse myself in the show, but last night's ep was definitely a step forward and not a step back. Nice job, PTB.

(And hey to all my pals here, you know who you are -- bet you'd never thought I'd be here ever again...)

Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Passionate Fan

I couldnt get on fanforum last night because it was running super slow and i was so mad cuz i couldnt discuss with everyone about how amazing this episode was. I have to give props to james lafferty in this episode because the last 10 minutes of the episodes just broke my heart. I can't believe the writers actually split nathan and haley up, i didnt think they caved in on that one. But im glad it happened cuz it adds more drama. At the end when they show the flash back to the end where he has his face in his hands at the end, i was just in hysterics. I havent liked this show that much this season but nathan (James) definitely changed my mind. Right now he's the only reason i like this show again.
Dreamer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Janine - I'm so glad you got to see the episode. You're right Sophia is a goddess and James, how great was he? I'm still thinking about his scenes last night. I love that boy.

Lisa
xxlisaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Me too. (Love the B/H goodies in your sig and your avi too )

Also, kudos on the usage of Keane at the end there, PTB. Nice touch. It really tugged on the heart strings.

Reply   Post New Thread