Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

[Episode Discussion] 2x13 - "The Hero Dies In This One"

"I thought I knew you, but I guess its easier to see what we want, then to look for the truth. You
think you know me, but you don’t and that means you don’t know what I can do. You see me as someone
who’s popular, and has all the answers, that’s not true. I may not always know what I’m doing, but I’ll try
to make things better, and when I make a mistake, because face it, we all do, I promise I’ll ask for your
help. I can’t do this alone, but if you’ll take a chance on me we can do great things together. I promise, if
you believe in me, we’ll find the courage to reach for your every dream. John F. Kennedy said the courage
of life is the magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy. A man does what he must in spite of personal
consequences, in spite of obstacles, and dangers, and pressures, and that is the basis of all morality." - Brooke Davis

2x13 - The Hero Dies In This One
February 08, 2005

When Michelle Branch & Jessica Harp from the band "The Wreckers" perform at TRIC, Haley realizes her passion is to pursue her music career. Meanwhile, Lucas decides to move in with Dan, straining his relationships with both Karen and Nathan. Brooke runs for student council president, but quickly realizes she is taking on more than she bargained for. Peyton and Jake's friendship grows stronger.

Rules:

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases or other posters. Please treat others respectfully.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 10-27-2017 at 01:43 PM
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't WAIT for this episode! 1 Hour and 42 MINUTES!!!!!!!
cannongoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Loyal Fan

This episode sounds awesome. I have a feeling though, that I may be disappointed.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

I am speechless right now. What ... I can't even put it into words.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Well that sucked.

My favorite couple just went down the crapper.

Nathan/Haley, Brooke/Lucas, Jude/Tommy, Spencer/Ashley
*^*Laur*^* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *^*Laur*^*
Well that sucked.

My favorite couple just went down the crapper.

We had to pay that just to see Nathan punch Dan too............. looks like J/P will be the 'new couple' now
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
BBallinGurl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Since I mainly watch for Jake and Peyton it was wonderful.
HisOnlyMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow. That is what a drama is about. I was shocked, and the ending rocked. OTH has really roped me in again, and I can't wait to see what develops in the N/H storyline. Yeah, it was shocking and a lot of people are upset, but I don't think it's the end yet, and it's gonna be a great journey to see where they take it. And I can't wait.
Also, not enough J/P, but I just them.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

Now THAT was drama, ladies & gents! THAT was the OTH I fell in love with. There's nothing like secrets coming out, others developing and all the while, people are conflicted within themselves rather than reacting to everything outside of them.

And cause it MUST be said: Welcome back Bada$$ Nathan!!! I've missed you!

The hardest part isn't finding who we need to be, it's being content with who we are.
Missy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Loyal Fan

gah! this has to be one of my fave. epis! i'm such a sucker for the sad heartbreaking holy crap what just happened, nothing will ever be the same moments, and this epi definatly had those!

I admit, i was actually teetering on the edge of shipping chris and haley, kinda wanting to see haley get on that bus.. even though i love naley, but than the moment between nathan and haley, and the whole walk down the road with nathan, i changed my mind, didn't want haley to get on that bus, but than she did! omg!

and than lucas is sick! holy ****..
Old 02-08-2005, 08:04 PM
New Fan

I enjoyed this episode. Everything was spot on. And for once some things surprised me.

Normally I'm anti-Naley but I like the angst tonight. It was real and honest and wonderful. James Lafferty conveys a lot of emotion with just an expression.

If this episode is any indication, the writers have finally figured out that reformed-but-still-kickass-bad-girl Brooke is much better than what she's been late last season-beginning this season. The speech at the end was lovely.

Jake/Peyton rock. 'nuff said.

I saw a Lucas look when Peyton hugged him with the "you're a good friend". He looked a mixture of different emotions and I'm not sure what to make of it. I hope there isn't some big reveal that gasp! the girl is Peyton!. It'd hurt the "integrity" of the show more. By kind of confirming the girl is Brooke, Schwann pissed off many fans. However, he also made many fans ecstatic. I'm not sure whether any fans tuned out because of the not Peyton aspect of Lucas' feelings but I don't doubt that if Lucas suddenly reveals the girl is Peyton, Schwann will enrage Brooke/Lucas shippers. Perhaps so much so that they tune out. You don't just give a pretty much yes and just go back and say "haha just joking!".

Is it Tuesday yet? Watch Veronica Mars
Wide Eyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Welcome back Bada$$ Nathan!!! I've missed you!
Amen. I'm sad to see NH fall apart and I hope they do get back together eventually. But Bad Nathan will make it worth it because that's the Nathan I fell in love with.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:09 PM
Absolute Fan

I just want to say that tonight's episode made me remember why I love this show. I feel like I have been missing this part of OTH for a while. So much happeneing in an hour and so many storylines within one show. Just full of stuff you know? even though the couples aren't exactly where i want to be right now, I just love the drama, just feels like things are going on and I m a sucker for drama!

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
terresita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay

This episode had my crying from when Karen began crying to after the previews for the next episode..

My heart is breaking with Nathans.. i have to keep telling myself its not real but im still devastated

Jeyton was soo cute

Brooke/Lucas moments were sweet

So sad about Lucas and the test and how he feels he needs to deal with it

Lucas and Haley need each other so much right now...

AHh and Nathan i love you
Old 02-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe it's my love for Tyler Hilton, but I was kinda happy that Haley joined Chris for the tour. I still think that Nathan and Haley got married too young. I think they should annul the marriage (I know that will upset many fans...but wait ) and eventually get back together. Maybe start dating other people, we'll get some cool "let's pretend to be friends" scenes and some "oops...didn't mean to do that" kissing scenes. Hey, I think it would be fun.

On another note, when Lucas and Haley going to interact?!