Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think everyone should not forget that Taylor is an adulteress who was having an affair with her married professor and slept with a 14 year old boy when she was a senior, Nathan probably wasn't the first either, or that she was trying to seduce her brother-in-law by stripping down to nearly nothing in front of him. Yes, I know we're supposed to believe she was testing him by the way she helped N/H out at the end, but don't forget the kind of person she really is. Just last week, Haley was proclaiming how much she didn't trust her, and for good reason. I just don't like to see everyone putting her up as the wonderful person now that she did one nice thing.
Sunset Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

I enjoyed last night's episode. I did miss Jake and Peyton, but it makes sense for them not to be there. Bryan's signed on for a limited number of episodes and I want to get as much JP out of them as I can.

Lucas - Lucas is growing on me with every episode. I've never been a big fan of his, but I think he's becoming a better person. I like that he's laughing more and that he doesn't take everything so seriously. I enjoyed him in all his scenes, especially those with Anna. I like the friendship they have formed and him picturing Anna/Peyton kissing was such a guy thing to do. I also liked his comment about the last time he kissed Peyton it turned out badly. Its just nice to see him loosening up, at least around the people his age.

Dan/Lucas - I am so happy Dan is back and just as evil as before. I like the angle they're taking with him and Lucas. We've seen the way Dan acts with Nathan, but we've never seen him and Lucas in such close proximity to each other, much less sharing a secret as big as the one they do. I think it'll be interesting to see how this changes their relationship.

Dan/Deb - I don't like them. Deb annoys me for the most part and it is obvious they're still not happy. I just wish he would move out. The faster he gets away from her the easier it'll be to segway to Dan/Karen, which is the couple I want more than any other on this show.

Keith/Jules - I've never been a fan of either of these, but tonight I felt for Keith. He's already had his heart broken once, I would hate to see that happen again. If Jules really cared about him, she would have been honest. I don't see why everyone feels the need to lie in order to protect people, it is just going to turn around and bite them in the rear.

Keith/Lucas - I loved their bonding and Lucas' reaction to Deb. It seemed very natural and then him apologizing later for it as well. I really liked Keith's speech about taking the HCM test and doing it for the people that care about them, not themselves.

Karen/Lucas - I adore Karen. I think she's a wonderful mother and taking all of Lucas' things away was a good move. That would upset me more than if my parents just yelled at me. I really loved their scene at the end after he took the heart test. They both gave in because they love each other so much. Their relationship is one of my favorite things about this show.

Anna - I warmed up to her in this episode. I didn't like that it was her talking to Lucas at first because like most people, I miss Lucas/Haley but by the end I appreciated her. I was really happy when she turned the tables on Lucas about the HCM test. She really does care about him. I thought Daniella was really great in this episode.

Brooke/Felix - I've never been a fan of Felix and have only tolerated him because he makes Brooke happy but tonight he didn't bug me. I actually found myself smiling in their scenes. I like that their relationship now is very normal. Its nice to see that. It was great that he supported her and gave her ideas on how to make things better. It bothered me that Brooke quit her job after only one episode. I know it was a couple of days of work, but still she's going to need to pay her insurance again. I'm glad she took a stand. She has such a persuasive personality and it was great to see her using it for a good cause.

Taylor - I liked her in this episode. I think she was testing Nathan more than anything else. She loves her little sister that much is obvious and she trusts in Haley even now. I liked their fight. It was such a sibling fight and kind of made me miss my little sister. I think she served an important purpose for NH, especially Haley. I'm glad she came to Tree Hill.

Haley - I felt bad for her. She put herself in the situation, yes, but she obviously so confused. She loves Nathan and only wants him, which was such a relief to finally know for sure, but she's longing for something else in her life. She wants to have something all her own and who can blame her? I still think that she should have told Nathan about kissing Chris. She's always been so honest about everything and I don't like that she's keeping secrets. I do wonder what her reaction will be to Chris' return and his song dedication. I hope she lets him know once and for all where she stands with him and that its always been about the music.

Nathan - He has grown so much over the past year. Sometimes it bothers me how much he has changed because I don't recognize the old Nathan in him, but I do now. I think they're starting to get the perfect mix of the two. I still think some of his lines are cheesy, especially the one about Haley being his last and what not, but other times what he says just makes me swoon. I did like his "I didn't know there was going to be a you." That made me feel like a giddy school girl and James' eyes were absolutely mesmorizing in that scene. I like the friendship that he has found with Lucas, but as far as relationship advice goes, Lucas is the last person he should be listening to. That boy doesn't know up from down in that department. I'm so proud of him for being honest with Haley and for putting Taylor in her place. He let her stay because she's family, not because he wants her, but that doens't mean he's going to let her cause problems for he and Haley. I just hate that he's going to be hurt so deeply when the truth about Chris and Haley comes out. He's put all of his trust into Haley and she, aside from Lucas, is the only person he really has anymore. Finding out that she betrayed him is going to kill him.

Nathan/Haley - Finally some nice moments. Their walk down the pier was adorable. I loved the hand kiss and then when they actually kissed I was extremely excited. They're resembling the old NH and I appreciate that even if it is only for a short while. Its reassuring to know that their love is still there.

Lisa
xxlisaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really enjoyed the ep last night. Actually, I think it may be the past this season...

I fell in love with Nathan in this ep. He was so sincere and sweet and mature about the whole Taylor situation. He was totally understandable about the way Haley felt and put her at ease. His line about how his first is no where near as important as his last...aaawwww!!

Also...it seems Dan is up to his old tricks...but it's like he can decide whether he wants to be good or bad...I like the fact that he is trying to be more of a father to Lucas....but what's been up with the fact that him and Deb never have any interaction with Nathan?? I mean, he is still their son, and they should make themselves available. Marriage is hard on it's own, then you throw in Nate and Haley's age, the fact that they are still in school, and all that teen drama...they both need their parents to turn to for moral support, if nothing else!!

I noticed someone mentioned the lack or rather the nonexistance of Lucas and Haley having a friendship...which is what made season 1. I totally agree! What the heck is up with that? I mean, I know she is having problems of her own, but she should know she could go to Lucas...they could be there for eachother...

I am looking forward to mext weeks ep...drama, drama, drama...for Nate and Hales...

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same." Luke 6:32-33

felizabeth20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh - and one more thought. What happened to Lucas' cut? It just disappeared? How much later was this ep taking place exactly? I could see it being a day or two, but I've never known an actual gash in a head to leave no visible mark so soon after. Bah.

Life is so short, so make the choice to truly live
hoydenish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Lisa--- Awesome post!! Told ya it was a good epi. ITA on most of it except Felix gave me highly creepy vibes last night and while Lucas/Anna was tolerable it bugged me too much that it wasn't Lucas/Haley for me to enjoy it.

Mere
avi by Beth
Tim'sLoveSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed last night episode... but some aspects of really ticked me off. ill post more later.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thoughts about last night

After watching last night's episode, I am further convinced that the writers are being replaced by evil clones. In general, I was not disappointed. I enjoyed Brooke taking a stand against her boss, Taylor ultimately acting with concern for Haley, Nathan coming clean, Karen and Lucas' interaction, Keith's sweet naivte, Lucas deciding to take the test, and his increasing friendship with Anna. His scenes with Anna were pretty good, but like everyone else, I was pissed that the conversation about the HCM test was not done with Haley. All it needed was a few minutes of the show. It really makes no sense for the voice of reason to belong to anyone besides his best friend. Other than that, my only other problem is Dan's blackmail of Jules and his apparent plans to blackmail Lucas.

Oh, and does anyone else think that Dan's somehow behind Chris' appearances in Tree Hill? I would not be surprised if it turned out that Dan agreed to help Chris' career if he would in turn help break up Nathan and Haley. I think that's what's going on, personally. Also, I really wish Deb would take a look at where Dan's money is going. Obviously she hasn't been interested before now, because otherwise she might find out about Jules and warn Keith. Anyway, next week should be good. I hope Nathan kicks the crap out of Chris.

Last edited by scarynikki; 02-02-2005 at 10:41 AM Reason: Looking back, I realize I made some small errors
scarynikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlavender04
Oh I loved your review Ang! I agree with everything you said. Haley and Nathan, I love them so much that it hurts to see that their relationship is strained. Nathan's like the doting husband and he doesn't deserve all the crap that Haley's giving him; sure he doesn' t know about it, but she does which makes it even 10 times worse. But I understand where Haley's coming from, she's afraid she'll lose Nathan if she tells him, but by not telling him, it only makes the matter worse; apparently that's what Taylor said about herself--but anyway. I also liked what Taylor said about Nathan having a past but Haley having a present. Haley needs to be totally honest with Nathan about everything, from the Chris kiss, to what she really wants in life. Seeing next weeks episode, i think it's gonna take a while before they find somewhat of a common ground, but I have faith in them and I think they will get past all this.

Taylor, wow, I can't say I hated her but I didn't like her very much but I did enjoy her tonight. She really did a complete 180. In the beginning of the episode, eh tad bit annoying and yeah--but then when she and Haley talked, I actually cried so I guess that was a pretty special moment between the two sisters. Then at the end with the little instant message, I was totally jumping up and down (well not really--sorta?). I can't wait to see how Taylor fits into the mix next week, didn't see her in the previews but maybe she'll come Haley's defense. I think she cares a lot about Haley, she just doesn't show it and she wants both Nathan and Haley too be happy and that show's a lot of character.

Dan and company--he's evil. That's all there is to it, but that's what makes up the character. He's manipulative, but of course Tree Hill's fine citizens don't see that. But oh well. Dan is a great character, I hate that he's evil but at the same time, I love it!

Brooke-One simple word. Hilarious! Her and Felix are ok I guess. I like her with Lucas though but hey whatever works.

I did miss Hilarie and Bryan tonight. Next week, I'm sure Peyton and Jake will be back for the Chris/Haley drama...wow putting their names together just seems wrong. But anyway. Can't wait for next week.

Oh yeah, I forgot to note something. I just read everyone else's review about Luke and Anna. When I was watching, I was seriously thinking, are you kidding--isn't it suppose to be Luke and Haley, when did their friendship suddenly die? Just because she's married doesn't mean they can't spend time together. I know she's having problems, but maybe a small scene where he actually calls her or something? All in all the episde was pretty good.

-Sophie
Exactly. When you take a hardcore look at this whole situation, the real root cause of everything is a lack of good, open lines of communication between Haley and Nathan now that they're married. As happens sometimes in real life, two people can communicate very well with each other while they're dating, but once they 'tie the knot', circumstances arise wherein they lose the open communication that they had before they got married. It's happening in Nate and Haley's marriage, and is NOT helped by the fact that Haley has lost the communication channels she had before she got married (Lucas, Karen, etc.).

BTW, it's not all that surprising (to me at least) that Haley and Lucas lost the communication they had before Haley started dating and later married Nathan. As Haley and Nate's relationship deepened and progressed, she started spending more and more time with him and less time with Lucas; it's totally reasonable and realistic (I should know, cause it just happened to me with MY best friend; he got married back in December, and I haven't been able to talk to him since then, for a lot of reasons).
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

although i wanted haley to be the one to talk to Lucas, i kind of nderstood why they would put anna in there. Haley has major problems as it is. I know friendships supposed to be there through and through ( or how ever the saying goes), but Haley's trying to work through her marraige. Some say she's oing a great job, others say: no. I guess it's because of the lying which is building up on her. My guess is just that, although Karen hasn't really been through it, she understands what naley is going through and how big of a deal marriage is becaise it is...... especially if you are 16 or 17.

However, i really blame the writers for the lack of communication. you know, they created this thing called a phone. you put the person number in it and boom you can talk to that person. could haley or lucas do that at least once? or maybe haley/ lucas/ could use thier legs and walk to each others houses. It works! Maybe the writers could try it sometime. BUT, it's just a suggestion...... *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*yes, i'm being sarcastic!

okay, now i'm just lazy to write on and on, but i thought the episode was okay. I wasn't disappointed and that's a good thing.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dreamer
I think everyone should not forget that Taylor is an adulteress who was having an affair with her married professor and slept with a 14 year old boy when she was a senior, Nathan probably wasn't the first either, or that she was trying to seduce her brother-in-law by stripping down to nearly nothing in front of him. Yes, I know we're supposed to believe she was testing him by the way she helped N/H out at the end, but don't forget the kind of person she really is. Just last week, Haley was proclaiming how much she didn't trust her, and for good reason. I just don't like to see everyone putting her up as the wonderful person now that she did one nice thing.

Sunset: I agree with this post and many others you wrote here!
I like that they made Taylor a more 3-dimentional character, but that doesnt mean she is great now! I think people are loving her because they believe she is no longer a threat to NH. I am glad they made her more than just the ****ty seductress, but yes, I dont think we should forget who she is just because of one good thing she did.

also, I am glad to have Dan back, but I dont like the way they are setting up dan blackmailing lucas. I just think its unrealistic that Lucas is going to do whatever in order to keep the Jules thing a secret.

and I dont care how busy Haley is, she is Lucas' best friend, period!

The show is going to have to make some storyline choices, not everyone can be on the front burner, I am just hoping "my" people dont get pushed to the back!!

Also, as much as I HATE to think it, if the show should continue for 7 seasons, I am sure at one point they are going to try Lucas and Haley--and I think it will backfire! Sometimes there are those couples that are just RIGHT together, like NH. I hope they dont do a Dawsons Creek on us!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I figured I'd come back and elaborate a little more today since what I said last night was extremely brief.

--Felix, Anna, Andy, and Jules - are these characters necessary? It seems like Anna's sole purpose on the show is to be Lucas' sounding board. It sort of feels like that they have no place to stick her, so now she's Lucas' new best friend. I wish that TPTB would just write her off. Daniella, while much-improved, is not that great of an actress and I think her screentime should be given to someone more deserving. Felix is another useless character. He's now Brooke's cheerleader, and he isn't a good one at that. He gives off such a creepy vibe. NOTE TO MARK: If you wanted three teen males, you've got them. Bryan's back. We don't need Felix/Michael anymore. I just wish they'd have Felix and Anna move away or something. Neither do anything for me--at all.

Andy's okay, but he's sort of just aimlessly wandering around. I wish they'd give Karen and Dan more screentime. The Karen/Andy thing is so boring. Same with Keith and Jules. MM is just not that great of an actress. And speaking of dead weight, I wouldn't mind of the writers gave Keith the old heave-ho. He's REALLY boring.

--I miss the friendships. L/H, P/B, P/B/H. These are all three great friendships that aren't really given the time of day. I miss L/H scenes SOO bad. Lucas doesn't need Anna as a best friend, because he's got Haley. I wish Haley would go hang out with the girls more, instead of staying at the apartment all the time.

--Brooke's storyline was good, but Felix ruined it for me. I.DO.NOT.LIKE.THAT.GUY. Get Brooke away from him!

--Jake and Peyton's absence was stronger than I thought it would be. I really missed Bryan and Hilarie.

--NH...I wish the whole truth would come out about Chris.
CheerforAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm so upset with myself...I forgot to watch the show. What's worse is it sounds like a good one.
frog_princess00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

does anyone have any clips of this episode becuase it didnt show where i live cause of a game
Old 02-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

The episode was okay, I guess. Kinda boring at some point. It felt so empty without Peyton and Jake. I want some jeyton action next week!!!

Naley: I liked how Haley told Taylor that she was just jealous of what Chris has. But I hate how she keeps lying to Nathan. And I don't get why so many people think that Nathan has grown because he told Haley about his past with Taylor. From what I've seen, he just told her because he was scared that Taylor would tell her first.

I'm glad that Dan is back to his old self, but the grown ups moments where getting boring toward the end of the episode.

I'm actually starting to enjoy Brooke/Felix. I thought they were cute last night.

Anna has to go...
ships: Jackie/Hyde, Chandler/Monica, Seth/Summer, Ryan/Taylor, Ephram/Amy, Pacey/Joey, Veronica/Logan (S1), Clarke/Bellamy, Simon/Alisha, Buffy/Spike, Kate/Sawyer, Juliet/Sawyer, Effy/Cook, Casey/Cappie, Lily/James, Tessa/Will, Elena/Clay.

Daphnée @ LiveJournal Fanlisting Collective

Last edited by daphneejen; 02-02-2005 at 03:00 PM
daphneejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Last week, I completly hated Taylor, but this week I loved her. Her talk with Haley was adorable. I don't have an older sister, but I do have an older brother, and it kinda reminded me of my relationship with him. Loved Taylor this week.

I really miss Haley and Lucas hanging out, but she has alot going on right now. I couldn't stand Lucas and Anna as a couple, but I can tolerate them as friends. They actually had some cute scenes.

The Dan/Jules/Keith/Deb was pretty well played. It wasn't my favorite part of the episode, but they did a good job with the storyline. I can't believe Keith asked her to marry him.

Brooke in the crab suit was hilarious. And I loved how she stood up for herself and all the other poor crabs. Could've done without Felix.

Poser Boy needs to stay in New York. If not, I'm going to ship him off to Washington. Nathan and Haley seem to start their real downward spiral in the next episode. I wanna strangle Haley sometimes though. She gets mad at Taylor when she is trying to save her marriage with Nathan. At least Nathan came forward about his lie to Haley.
cutiepie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread