Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2005, 10:58 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Um yea, This was never said, that he Lov[b]ED her. Just that now he has feelings for her. Besides, the whole Peyton/Brooke/Lucas thing was so quick and messy, you couldn't tell how anyone felt. But thanks, apparently you know all.
He now has feelings for her based on what? Seeing her with another person? Then it really isn't about her is it? Because when he had a chance to love her for her he was too busy loving Peyton.

And I don't know about knowing 'all' but I do know my opinion, but thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DropsofJupiter~
I was going to go into this whole ranting thing about Brooke/Lucas (LUDICROUS!) and Haley/Nathan (LUDICHRIS!). But I think what I have to say can be best summed up with a sign. An arrow sign.

<-------------------
Love the avi. I love it.
a*shot*of*whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*shot*of*whiskey
Love the avi. I love it.
Your sig is disgusting.

Mal- Well, I don't know because they just briefly mentioned it in this episode. We were supossed to be guessing until the last minuite. When they develop this further we'll see. And if he would of said Peyton I would of been shocked because they had 1 scene together this season, while they were dropping hints all season of BL.

Sorry- you come across as rude in your post, maybe it was in my head.
shiftmyshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loved Jake/Peyton. I hope Jake sticks around.

Nathan/Haley/H's Sister-ffwd for me which is painful since I like Nathan but ever since he got married he's gotten boring. Nathan/Haley do nothing for me anymore.

Karen/boyfriend- could care less.

Karen/Deb- nice that Deb confessed and nice that Karen got off her high horse and accepted Deb's apology. Why she cared that Keith/Deb slept together I don't know.

Felix/Brooke- it seems that Felix is trying to buy Brooke and treats her as a possession.

Felix/Anna- could care less about them.

Brooke/Lucas- don't care whether it makes sense that Lucas has feelings for Brooke or not. I like them together. Plus it nice to see Lucas not getting what he wants for once. Maybe a little suffering will be good for his soul.

Anna/Lucas- they didn't bother me mainly because it was Anna telling Lucas her secret which wasn't bad.

Keith/Jules/Lucas- a secret waiting to come out.

Basically Peyton/Jake made this episode for me.
TvJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:26 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
And if he would of said Peyton I would of been shocked because they had 1 scene together this season
Ah, but see in that episode (210) Peyton is the girl who fit what Lucas was saying to Anna. If you switch in Brooke. Brooke who was hanging out with him during the episode and who had just broken up with her FWB was 'slipping away'? Yeah, makes no frickin sense. But Peyton who was pushing him away and , you know, 'slipping' into despair does.

And I find it hard to believe that in Peyton's darkest hour, Lucas gains the clarity that he has feelings for Brooke. That when his caring for Peyton would be heightened because she is in crisis instead he realizes, man, he really gave Brooke a raw deal? Kinda ass-y. But then I've always thought Lucas was an ass.

Quote:
while they were dropping hints all season of BL.
Hints from a Brooke standpoint. Not from a Lucas standpoint.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

Okay... I am not particularly more fond of Peyton and Lucas than Brooke and Lucas... I like them both and have no preference really!

But here I have to agree with DropsofJupiter: Peyton does fit the description better I would say. Lucas was getting closer to Brooke so the slipping away part would not make any sense if it was Brooke. However, in that episode, Peyton screams at Lucas and asks him to leave... see where I am going?...

Anyway it is just a TV Show (yes yes I know! What a horrible thing to say here!) so...

Glad Jake is back though... It brings something more to the show. And I so knew it about Anna!!!
I don't like all that drama with Taylor.
CarolineOrphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Mal ---

In my opinion they've been dropping hints from both standpoints all season. From the moment Lucas returned he's been staring at Brooke longingly every time he sees her. I think last year he was so caught up in his twisted obsession with Peyton he couldn't see it. I don't think he knows what love is so he was never in love with either girl. I think he's finally realized that his obsession with Peyton was more about Nathan than Peyton and now that he's not jealous of Nathan the fascination has worn off. I've always thought B/L would be revisited in s2 or 3 as Mark said "Its all about the journey" and I think the cheating last year was setting it up so Brooke doesn't trust Lucas when she really really needs too.

I even enjoyed N/H last night I adore angst and push/pull (exactly why I think I'll love the B/L story I think Mark plans to tell) he's finally doing OTH the way it should be done.

JMO love reading all the differing views

Mere
avi by Beth

Last edited by Tim'sLoveSlave; 01-26-2005 at 06:30 AM
Tim'sLoveSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

i loved last nites ep! i deff saw the anna thing cummin especially wen her and peyton hugged i was liek uh oh their gona kiss! lol

taylor is kinda a pain but i liked how next week she calls haley out on kissing chris! nd omg thank god jake saw haley so now haley can finally be yelled at by peyton hopefully!

i loved the nathan and lucas scene! it was so funni wen lucas was liek 'hey heart patient over here' lol

naley- was good i like the lil kiss nd the end but haley was pissing me off in the ep! i cant believe that she kissed chris AGAIN!

brooke*felix- ugh no comment- nd i wished that lucas had beat up felix more!

grownups*- lol um they were good nd the whole internet thing with Jules was a little weird..i mean who asks sum1 to fall in love with their brother nd break their heart?! wuts the point of that...

neways i liked the ep over all
next weeks looks good i hope haley gets yelled at by someone..anyone so she can c how stupid she was wit he whole chris thing..

Madison

"Someone once said it's the good girls who keep diaries.
The bad girls never have the time.
Me? I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember.
Even if I don't write it down."
tbsrocks69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok I would really hate to be the mean one but oh well!! Lucas loves Brooke accept it and move on! Who cares about what hints they were giving because now we know the truth HE WAS TALKING ABOUT BROOKE!! I'm sorry all you Leyton fan were let down, but if you don't like it then don't watch it. I'm not saying it's going to be Brucas forever because lets face it it's a show and everything changes as we already know so I'm not saying that Leyton won't happen in the end b/c who knows it just might be but as of right now it's Brucas so lets just all accept it-move on-it's not going to change right now-the hints were about Brooke THE END! I'm really not trying to be mean but honestly why argue about something when we already know the answer
LucasLOVESBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Rant Mode Here:

I am SO sick of people claiming Backstage Politics when it comes to LB (look at someone's sig to see what I'm talking about). Mark is not writing LB to keep Chad happy. I didn't know that Chad even had that much pull at the WB. But I guess he has powers at CBS to get Sophia on Letterman and Kilborn, and I guess he went to bat for her so she could get a role on Supercross. And let's not forget that she was acting before she even met Chad. But I guess Chad's subliminal powers got her those roles, too.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode. I forgot just how wonderful Jake and Peyton were, and they were the highlight of the show. Bryan and Hilarie have IT in spades. It's amazing that a character that I hated so much last season is now become a favorite. Those two need to be the stable couple on the show, because I would never get tired of them.

The L/B thing...loving it. We got screwed all last season, so it's nice to see my couple get some attention. I don't know what Mark's doing with them, and I don't even care. Lucas finally wants her and that's good enough for me. For now.

Felix is SUCH a snake in the grass. I can't stand him. I don't buy these feelings for Brooke, and jeez, he is SO violent. I. HATE. HIM.

Taylor...she's going to majorly screw things up for NH. I actually wasn't yawning through NH last night, so that's a good thing. I saw some chemistry between Nathan and Taylor...major chemistry. It'll be interesting to see how Haley reacts to Taylor being Nathan's first.

Was last night the end of Chris? That was bizarre.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Naley - I don't think of the kiss as Haley kissing Chris, but Chris kissing Haley. She felt like he was her opportunity for a career in music. I also think that since she is not experienced, she did not know how to respond to Chris kissing her. Chris is about a career in music to Haley.

Nathan - I think that he is going to get more interesting. I loved his reaction to Haley being with Chris. You could see his strength. Although, they should have talked about it more. I love the old Nathan too, but I want to see the writers play it in a way where his is protecting Haley and their relationship. They showed that in last episode when he went and saw Chris.

I am actually glad that they are not going for the easy fix in one episode. I am convinced the writers don't want to end this relationship. What would have been the point then?

My theory is that next week he will put Taylor in her place. I also was glad to see that he was smart enough to see what she was doing at the end of the eppy and go over and help Haley.

Taylor - trouble. She is the girl that Nathan did not want. He always knew how easy manipulative they are. It will be interesting to see if she ultimately wants to hurt or help her sister deal with her confusion.

Karen and Deb - I think that there is more to this

Jake and Peyton - Loved it!

Karen and Andy - This will be interesting as Keith begins to suffer whatever fallout he will from the Jules escapade. What will be her priority.

Jules/Keith/Dan- Although not what I expected. I love it. Anything with evil Dan is a good thing!
anease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

One more thing

Nathan and Haley - When a couple is happy....sometimes they are boring. The peace is what brings the happiness. We cannot have it both ways! The writers have to bring the drama to keep it interesting. I think that is when things will heat up for Naley again. When they thought they could have lost eachother. That is what will keep us coming back for more The good drama will be the Dan Deb trying to pull them apart.

Nathan and Taylor - Yuc! What was so great about Naley is how they both brought out something better eachother. They just need to remember that.

I do hope that the second half of the season does show the intensity of their love more than it did the first half.

I could rant about more but I have to go!!!!
anease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

I think when Mark and the boys decided to put Nathan and Haley in a marraige, that was like the kiss of death. Because, you know it's not going to work out, because they can't show a teen marraige successfully. Eventually they will get a divorce and move on from eachother. Not to say they won't get back together, but that won't be for a while.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DropsofJupiter~
Ah, but see in that episode (210) Peyton is the girl who fit what Lucas was saying to Anna. If you switch in Brooke. Brooke who was hanging out with him during the episode and who had just broken up with her FWB was 'slipping away'? Yeah, makes no frickin sense. But Peyton who was pushing him away and , you know, 'slipping' into despair does.

Peyton didn't fit, at all what Lucas what saying to anna. Slpping aaway could fit Peyton, if he knew what she was going through. Which he didn't because he was too busy staying away from both girls all season. Lucas had no clue the exactly how much pain Peyton was going through and didn't care to find out. He called Jake, because apparently he couldn't be the one there for her anymore.

Brooke was slipping away because she's finally getting over it and moving on.

Quote:
AhAnd I find it hard to believe that in Peyton's darkest hour, Lucas gains the clarity that he has feelings for Brooke. That when his caring for Peyton would be heightened because she is in crisis instead he realizes, man, he really gave Brooke a raw deal? Kinda ass-y. But then I've always thought Lucas was an ass.
Yea, your assuming Lucas knows what WE the audience knows. He doesn't, he saw Peyton upset one day and for all he knew was just having a bad day. Why would he call Jake if he had feelings for Peyton?

Quote:
Hints from a Brooke standpoint. Not from a Lucas standpoint.
Well, because thats the whole point. Everyone was guessing until even while the episode was airing. I guess as a BL fan, I look for clues and analyze everything with Brooke/Lucas, where you or someone interested on another aspect of the show wouldn't look so closely. I guess in the end, we all see what we want.
shiftmyshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked this episode. More than anything, I really enjoyed Peyton and Jake. The hugs, the looks, everything. And the fact that he WANTS to worry about her. The only dissapointment was that they didn't kiss, but there are plenty of episodes for that. I really hope he stays in Tree Hill. It's about time Bryan become a permanent cast member!

I saw that thing with Anna coming from a mile away.

As if Chris wasn't enough of a distraction for Haley and Nathan's marriage, they had to bring that stupid **** sis. Don't like her at all. She is so trying to start something. Nathan was hot this whole episode. I was kinda digging the whole defy-everything -Haley says thing. But how cute were they making dinner together.But what is up with the previews for next week. I like them, but there does not need to be a whole show devoted to them

Jules doesn't love Keith. And her whole story was a coverup. She probably told Dan that Luke was onto her ,so he told her what to tell him.

The Karen/Andy story line was ...well weird. Just didn't flow right. But at first, I thought he had a wife and kid. And when Karen put her hand in his face when he was trying to explain I was like ...just the way she wouldn't even let him explain. But I could see where she was coming from. And I felt sorry for Andy after he explained who that woman was.

Felix and Brooke are so awww