Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Addicted Fan

Ok, still confused here. Could someone please fill me in on the Dan/Jules scene? Curse my father's bad timing.

Going on a limb here... But isn't it possible that Lucas was referring to Peyton and stopped at Brooke's to enlist her help or find out where Peyton was? I'm sorry, the "slipping away" comment just doesn't seem to apply to Brooke, and the way the show played it, his feelings always ran deeper Peyton.

And a show of hands: does Haley go with Chris or not?

This is the last episode before the "rest", so it's quite possible that they just want to screw with our heads for a couple months...

Edited: Totally agree, nessa. Brooke & Lucas were never presented as the love of the century, and it comes off sort of cheap to try to spin it that way. I do feel Jake & Peyton more, if only because Hilarie's been doing an amazing job this season.

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]

Last edited by Aludra; 12-01-2004 at 02:48 AM
Aludra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Ultimate Fan

:d'oh:
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
¤}{îÖ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Houston
karen- How much did I love Karen yelling at Lucas. Words can't even describe.
heya hun!

lucas eugene scott! best line of the ep!
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
¤}{îÖ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:45 AM
Addicted Fan

I haven't been to this board all season long for different reasons. I just haven't been as drawn to the show as much lately. I still watched it, but it was lacking something. Which was fine, shows tend to do that and I was just waiting for an episode like tonight to draw me right back in.

Ok here are my thoughts on tonight.

Keith, Dan, Jules (Is that her name? ) . Who cares? It sucks that Keith is going to get hurt again. But come on, why in the world is he going to A). trust his manipulative brother and let him decide his life again for him and B). tell a girl he loves her after knowing her for like 2 weeks. Ah. And come on, we all knew Dan was up to no good.

Deb, Karen, and Keith. Thanks Deb for telling her, but you're still not my favorite anymore. Can Keith and Karen get together now please and be done?

Brooke and Felix. So, i've been intrigued by them from the start. I don't care much for the actor, but I like the fact that they are so similar. That was obvious from the start. I think they mesh well together. Even if its only for alittle while. And I think Brooke needs someone other than Lucas. She needs to be able to love again and let someone else in. Lucas just has too many issues.

Brooke. Whoa. When did I start liking her? And I really, really disliked her. She's been becoming more real to me this season. And less whiney or spoiled... something that just bothered me. But i've been really impressed with her and her independence lately. Good for her. This is the first time since the show has started that I actually like this girl. Interesting.

Lucas. For one slight second, i felt for him tonight. He's slowly coming back up on my list, but he's still not there yet. I love his relationship with Nathan. I love how he's trying to befriend Brooke and Peyton again. But he doesn't know what he wants. He wants what he can't have. He didn't like Brooke at all last season, why would he miss her now? He doesn't deserve her. And I hope she never gives him another chance in that way. I love them as friends though. I can see them becoming great friends and I think that would be healthy.

Nathan, Haley, and Chris. All I want to do is curse when I think of them. I've always been a fan of Nathan and Haley. Moreso Nathan. And if Haley is stupid enough to do something like that with a guy who obviously has issues and is no good for her she's mental. At the very least, talk to Nathan and at least tell him you're confused. How in the world is she going to walk out on him like that? After all the greatness he has been to that girl. Ah I want to smack her. If this is real and how its going down Haley will go on my ***** list and never come off it.

Ah. And finally the best parts of the evening.

Peyton. I love this girl. I always have. Always will. I know right now she seems to be heading downward, but she's so much better than that. I know she'll shake it off and be okay. I love how she's opinionated, I love how she won't back down. She needs to not do that now. And I absolutely loved her for yelling at Anna. I can't stand people who fall into what other people think and won't stick up for your friends. That is utter crap. And she doesn't deserve Peyton. Or even Lucas. She can just go away cause I don't like her.

Peyton and Jake. My heart melted into a big puddle when he came back. And I about screamed and cried of joy for about 10 minutes. I love Jake. Thank goodness he is back. And please let him stay. Peyton needs him tons. And they are just perfect together. And um. Where's Jenny?

Ah. Episode goodness. Finally!

[Zales]
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]
zales00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I spent the majority of the end of the episode battling between two distinct thoughts.... Mark Schwahn is a god. Mark Schwahn is the devil.

In the end the only thing that I can say is "wow."

Really great episode with a good amount of suspense. However, I am sooo not looking forward to the holiday hiatus that is following.

I'm glad not everything was left as a cliffhanger. But, the ones that were are going to leave me biting my nails in anticipation. I give a pat on the back to all involved with this past episode. Job well done.

Only a couple of non-general comments.

Jakes return. I could not be happier. This is something that Peyton needed badly. Hopefully, it will help her balance and get back to being happy. In the same thought though, I wonder if she should be getting back to happy on her own and not relying on the presence of someone that made her so unhappy. But, my love of Jake's return is over shawdowing the latter thought.

Lucas rediscovering his feelings for Brooke, just in time to see her reunite with Felix....great piece of drama to be sorted out later. Will Lucas tell Brooke of his feelings? Will Brooke choose Lucas or stay with Felix? Tune in next time to find out.

I'm really curious to find out what Dan's motvies for Dan sticking around are. And what he did to get Jules to participate. Blackmail maybe?

Glad that we still have the mystery of why Felix and Anna had to move from their last home. We caught the possibility of it being because of Anna's sexuality. But, Schwahn is nothing if not the king of surprises.

And the cliffhanger I'm still not sure if I'm happy about or not...Haley going to the station. I didn't get to see all of this, so I'm going to hold all comments until a second viewing.

Overall, this episode kicked all kinds of . I can't wait for the hiatus to be over. Anyone know when the show will return?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Aludra: That is actually very possible. His feeling always ran deeper for Peyton. It is def possible that he went to Brooke's to find out where peyton was. Plus the slipping away comment was so Peyton. Maybe they used him going to Brooke's to confuse us. I wonder if they even know what they are going to do yet. It won't even air until January.
"You said we were destined to be together."
avie: thanks Paul!
nessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:52 AM
Extreme Fan

This was the best episode this season!

The writers really crammed a lot into this episode. And I'm sure I won't be popular with a some of my comments, but I think one of the reasons this episode was so great is because of all the precious *moments* among our favorite characters. It was like old time.

Yay! Brook and Peyton moments when Peyton confessed to Brooke how she was feeling - so lost and alone.

Yay! Peyton & Lucas moment - when he wanted to be her friend, but she called him on not being there as her friend for quite a while.

Yay! Even a Mouth / Lucas moment - what an eye-opener!

Yay! Nathan and Lucas moment when Lucas covered for Nathan when Haley called.

Yay! Lucas / Haley moment when she came over and called him on it for when he covered for Nathan. And Karen / Lucas when she was yelling at him.

A nice lack of Ana & Felix! Those two just bug me. She's just creepy and he's a little too smooth.

And I have a theory - what if the last scene wasn't Lucas coming to look for Brooke? What if he was looking for Peyton, but came to Brooke to ask her to help him find her? Well - just a thought. I'd say Lucas is doomed to bachelorhood with the way things are going! I'm just saying - it doesn't look like B/L will get together - she did just agree to be with Felix, so I'd say Lucas is out of it.

As always - outstanding music! How about Snow Patrol after the beginning credits and that great Jimmy Eat World song through the entire ending sequence? Superb!
And whose ridiculous idea is it to put OTH on hiatus?

Last edited by Hoodie; 12-01-2004 at 03:00 AM
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aludra
Going on a limb here... But isn't it possible that Lucas was referring to Peyton and stopped at Brooke's to enlist her help or find out where Peyton was? I'm sorry, the "slipping away" comment just doesn't seem to apply to Brooke, and the way the show played it, his feelings always ran deeper Peyton.
Good point. I was wondering about the slipping away comment, which did make me wonder about Lucas/Peyton and made me even more surprised to see Jake show up and not Lucas. I think it's definitely possible that he was going to see Brooke about Peyton instead.

I would still like to see a Lucas/Felix/Brooke triangle, and it'll be interesting to see who exactly Lucas meant -- Brooke or Peyton. I would love to see Brooke, but honestly... Peyton would make more sense.

Mark's left us with some good cliffhangers.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Reposting to add how much I absolutely adored the Lucas/Karen scene. I have to agree that the Lucas Eugene Scott, followed by his "this can't be good" comment, was the best of the episode.

Moira Kelly did one heck of a job with that scene. You could tell she put everything into it and the result was great. She finally let loose the "I'm a parent you're a child" that needed to be let loose many times in the past.

I'm also curious of Karen's reaction to what Deb said. And I'm thinking that Deb might be in one the whole Keith/Jules thing. And telling Karen wasn't actually a deburdening of guilt and more of a scheme set up.

And I didn't consider that Lucas was looking for Peyton. Which still may present a delimma for Lucas considering that Jake just got back into town.

Now I have a few more things to consider during this hiatus hell.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Okay I seriously don't know if this will sound even remotely intelligent but I will try and calm down!! lol

OMG OMG OMG OMFG!!!!!!! Mark I bow to you!!! Dude, he left us with like 6 cliffhangers!! OMG he is like the king of that!! I LOVED this eppy!!

1. JAKE IS BACK!!!!!!!! AHHHHH! I squeeled sooooooooooo loud when I saw him... I had a feeling he might show up but I wasn't sure. I love him!!! He should never ever ever leave again!!! OMG!! I love Peyton and Jake!!

2. Okay I seriously thought Lucas was talking about Peyton and it totally looked like it was her but Mark fooled us. I was kinda excited if it was Peyton but I am okay with it because I want her with Jake!! lol Sophia did an amazing job tonight. I completely felt for her. I am not sure how I feel about brooke and Felixx hto. i don't really like them together at all.

3. Peyton was just awesome in this eppy!!! OMG!!!! I was just like GO PEYTON!! lol And did you see how she looked when she saw Jake?? AWWW!!!!

4. Don't really like Anna still. i kinda don't think she did it because she went through it at her old school and I don't think she would do that to someone else when she knew how it was. But you never know.

5Naley- I don't really know what to say. lol I am kinda mad but then i get why Haley went to say goodbye to Chris. Now I don't like Chris and I am a total Naley fan. i get that Haley wants to follow her dreams and this is what she wants but I don't think she wants to be with Chris. i just think shes confused and you know she is young and she is still trying to figure out what she really wants and who she is. I just REALLY HOPE she doesn't go with him. I don't think she will though.
6. I loved how Karen yelled for lucas with his middle name!! LOL Oh and how she was soooooo pissed at him and stuff. It was great.

7 WOW I really wasn't expecting the whole Dan and Jules thing. i really think she cares about Kieth though and thats why she wanted hom to go because she started to regret what she was doing. lol i knew evil dad had something up his sleeve. I actually enjoyed the Kieth/Jules scenes. And I am happy that all the characters were in this eppy!! LOL Even Peyton called her dad and stuff!!
AMAZING EPISODE!!!!!!! i must have cried and screamed like 10 times!!

i could write more but i think thats a lot for right now!! LOL
*Jack/Kate*Nathan/Haley*Pacey/Joey*Ephram/Amy*Merder*Max/Liz*Harry/Hermoine*Jess/Rory*
JLsNHLuver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Haley: OMG I am sooo mad at her! How could she? She barely knows him..

Nathan: Poor Nathan! He set up this awesome romantic apology all the while, Haley is following Chris to the whatever...ugh

Lucas: I am very confused...He never really *fell* for Brooke, he has always had a deep connection with Peyton from the beginning. But when he was letting Anna down, I had a feeling he was going to see Brooke next. With the driving her home, fixing her car..and all.

Peyton: I am really feeling for her right now! Way to go standing up for the *dyke* thing.. I can't beleive she was going to the drugs though

Jake: He did not look happy! So I'm wondering does he know what Peyton was doing when he found her, or did Nikki get to Jenny? (Jenny was nowhere to be seen..)

Brooke: I am loving her right now! For some reason I really like her and Felix as a couple. He seems to really genuinely care about her.

Anna: I am thinking they weren't just rumors. She's acting off, and didn't seem too upset to be dumped by Lucas. And I picked up major vibes that she was interested in Peyton. Time will tell...

Mouth: I feel for him! But he does deserve it...

Keith: Poor unsuscepting Keith....

Jules: I can't believe I actually *liked* you! So conniving...

Dan: I knew it!! He's been milking this whole thing for all he can.......
Old 12-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, so I’ve finally calmed down a bit after watching that nightmare they gave us for an episode and here’s my rant.

Deb confessing to Karen… I hate the lady, I can only hope she gets’ B$tch slapped by someone. Anyone. Total waste of a scene.

Karen screaming at Lucas… It was awesome. I loved her being really firm and putting her foot down on this. Show him who’s boss Karen!!

Keith getting screwed over by Jules and Dan… Good he deserves it. Dan maybe an @ss but the man slept with his wife. I lost all respect for Keith and Deb after that. And besides we knew something big was coming, come on, did we really think Dan would let that go.. don’t think so.

Anna… What a waste of screen time!

Felix… He has the same name as my ex. That alone makes me hate him!!!! No matter how nice they try to make him be, I just don’t buy it. I still want Brucas together.

Petyon… The girl needs a hug!! I am so glad Jakes back to give her one! He sort of looked pist off. I really hope they don’t mess that up now.

Nathan threatening Chris… Yummy! Now I don’t condone violence, but I loved seen that side of Nathan. I started watching OTH when Nathan and Haley were already together post his @hole days. So mean Nathan is new to me. Got to admit the boy is hot when he’s pist.

Chris… God I just hate him with a passion!!! He has ruined my OTH experience. I wish I could just erase him from every episode that he’s been in.

Haley….. I’m trying really hard not to hate her right now, but it’s not really working. It really pisses me off that they’re leaving us with the doubt of what her character is going to do. I mean they spend so much time making her out to be this great person with high morals and such, and yet in one episode they’re leading us to believe she’ll throw all that aside just for a career in the music business. I don’t think I could believe in her as a character any more if they went that way. Not cool and totally F’ed up. I try to have hope for Naley but it’s pretty dim right now. Maybe I’ll go watch season one episodes and try to keep the faith.

Brooke and Lucas… What can I say, I love Brooke. I want her to be happy but not with Felix. The positive side to this is that it will pave the way for a reconciliation with Lucas. I want them together but I don’t think it should be easy for him to just get her back. He cheated on her with her best friend!! He needs to suffer a little before they get back together. Ok, I hate cheaters so he needs to suffer more than a little.

Weew I just had to get this off my chest before I went to bed and had nightmares about it. Thanks for reading my rant, I feel much better now.
andrea8413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:22 AM
Addicted Fan

I actually knew Lucas was going to Brooke. I was hoping he was going to Peyton though just because if nothing else she needed someone. But when I saw Jake. I just didn't care anymore.

I like Felix and Brooke for now though. And i'd prefer it if Lucas was going after Peyton while she mends things with Jake. But i'll be happy with just about anything with this point, cause i'm lovin' the drama.

[Zales]
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]
zales00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Very unhappy Naley, Haley fan here. Just wanted THOSE that lurk to know that this isn't the only place to read opinions about the show. If you are looking for some opposing viewpoints, you might want to check out the Romantics thread. Not everyone was elated about this episode.

The one bright spot, the return of Jake, I couldn't even enjoy because of the assasination of Haley's character and the barely unspeakable screentime devoted to the N/H storyline which was promoted so heavily.

I sat through most of the episode just shaking my head.

OK, everyone go back to rejoicing.
Sunset Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunset Dreamer
Very unhappy Naley, Haley fan here. Just wanted THOSE that lurk to know that this isn't the only place to read opinions about the show. If you are looking for some opposing viewpoints, you might want to check out the Romantics thread. Not everyone was elated about this episode.

The one bright spot, the return of Jake, I couldn't even enjoy because of the assasination of Haley's character and the barely unspeakable screentime devoted to the N/H storyline which was promoted so heavily.

I sat through most of the episode just shaking my head.

OK, everyone go back to rejoicing.
I agree. As a Naley fan, the Romantics thread is a very sad place right now. I am really disappointed in the assassination of Haley's character this season. I refuse to give up on her for the sake that I don't think this is her at all. This is not the Haley that so many loved last season and this isn't the Haley that Nathan fell in love with either.

Erin