Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

[Episode Discussion] 2x08 - "Truth, Bitter Truth"

"Someone once said: It’s the good girls that keep diaries,the bad girls never the have time. Me? I just
want to live a life I am gonna remember, even if I don’t write it down" - Brooke Davis

2x08 - Truth, Bitter Truth
November 09, 2004

Brooke, Peyton, Haley and Anna have a slumber party at Haley's apartment where secrets and lies are revealed. Meanwhile, when Lucas and Nathan go on a road trip to a Bobcats game, Nathan reveals he is being tested for the genetic defect that caused Dan's heart attack and suggests Lucas do the same. After an awkward encounter with Keith and Jules, Karen and Andy share an intimate night together.

Rules:

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases or other posters. Please treat others respectfully.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 10-26-2017 at 12:59 PM
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was ok for the most part....

Lucas/Nathan: The part where nathan got tested and ended up fine, left me in tears, even though lucas didnt get tested yet, thats pretty much said that it was going to be him.

Brooke/hayley/payton/anna: I love the girls night out thing,though i felt bad for brooke it seems like she is going through a whole lot and she is just holding it all in for some reason. Hayley she has a beautful voice, i hope to hear more of her singing. peton, I have feeling that she is going to be continuing with this drug use. anna, i like her character so far... she reminds me of me a little bit.

karen/professor: I love how their relationship is blooming.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Loyal Fan

can I just say I wish we saw more of Emeka?!? Lol I him!!!

So, how cute were James & Chad singing???

And Karen is now the WOMAN!!! lol, she's got a cuttie

Basically, it was a good episode- who am I kidding?? I loved it cuz it had basketball & Emeka in it!!!! whoot whoot, lol

I do want to know where Dan & Deb are though!!! I mean, we're used to Whitey MIA..... I want my puppetmaster and banshee!!!!
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
BBallinGurl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

I loved the Nathan and Lucas scenes in this episode. James and Chad have great chemistry onscreen, and the brothers have such a sweet connection. Their shared love of basketball bonds them, but they also have many other bonds. And it was great to hear them say (to the NBA player): "we're brothers".

The girls scenes were more compelling than I expected. Good writing and good acting; the emotion and issues were real; the scenes had depth.

Keith/Jules, eh, not so crazy about them. Although I think she has some kind of secret or something's going to come out. And I hate the thought of Keith being hurt. Hurt her first, Keith!!

Karen/Andy I do like better, but I was so afraid Lucas was going to walk in on them. Ewww! So, the at the door scene with her giggling was cute.

I miss my Whitey though! I long for at least one Whitey scene in each episode!

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really liked tonight's eppy. I loved all the girls hanging out, and I so wish Anna wasn't there, but I'm glad that they at least didn't make anything about her, she was just sort of there.

I don't think the boys understand that 1 in 2, doesn't mean that if there are two people standing there, that one of them has it. Silly boys.

I love Andy and Karen, but I can't stand Jules and Keith. I like Maria, and I guess Jules is okay, but seriously, they are horrible together. So boring.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:29 AM
Master Fan

Haley/Peyton/Brooke were hilarious, it would've been better though if Anna wasn't there.
EmptySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

Overall, I think that it was the best episode of the season.

Good:

The slumber party brought out the worst in B/H/P and that was good. I liked seeing them fight and act normal. It was wonderful how they started talking seriously too. I wish that Peyton had opened up more. You could tell that she wanted to say something else. She almost made me cry. So did Brooke. When Brooke got those tears in her eyes, I almost cried too. I liked Anna's comments and I wish that Brooke would listen to them. I loved that Brooke was kinda mean to Anna. That seemed like a natural reaction. She basically just asked the question we were all wondering, "What was she doing there anyways?" How weird was it that Peyton invited her. Very weird.

I didn't hate Felix at all. Yes, I was disgusted by B/F in Haley's bed, but for some reason, I can't dislike him. The actor is growing on me, I guess.

Nathan and the genetic test was a good plot, but where was Dan in all of this? I think that it would have been more powerful if we had seen Deb or Dan tell Nathan about the defect. I liked Lucas okay, which is new for me.

Loved Andy and Karen. But there is no way that he can continue to be her professor. Maybe she'll drop that class and take another one.

Chris is hot. Yes, he's a #1 jerk, but he's hot. Nathan was an ass last season and he was hot too.

Good scene between Peyton/Karen. I know that Peyton thinks that she's alone, but Karen is sincere. So are Brooke and Haley. Gah, Peyton, please get some support before it gets bad.

Nathan shirtless. Yum. Andy was nice too.

Looking forward to the drama next week.

Bad:

Jules/Keith. They're not horrible, just pointless. I didn't get it either. Were they together for 48 hours straight? Doesn't Keith work? I would have liked to have seen Deb/Dan scenes or more of the slumber party instead of this boring couple who can't possibly have a future.

No Deb/Dan.

No Whitey. Is he okay?

I have been dreading the Lucas/Brooke interaction next week ever since I read the spoiler. Brooke wouldn't be that stupid, would she? I hope that she learned something.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 02:35 AM
New Fan

First and foremost I must say I really enjoyed tonight's episode.

The Girls - Good balance of comedy and drama, loved the little arguing scene. I didnt really like anna at the beginning, but she's getting better and when she scremed "my eyes!" at seeing felix and brooke, that was pretty hilarious.

The Boys- So good! Okafur was cute too What the heck was that song in the car?! That was great, and I totally didnt expect the singing along to it at the end, it was pretty dang funny.

next weeks epi - If either haley or nathen cries....I might cry too, I love them together, but it's nice to see some good drama and them getting crowned king and queen!! can't wait!!!!
pinkwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I have been bored with the first episodes this season, but this episode was pretty good. I really liked the Peyton/Brooke/Haley interaction. The three of them have great chemistry together and I was enjoying their interaction. Anna could jump off a cliff and I wouldn't care because I wasn't feeling her at all. She seemed so out of the loop. I don't like the addition of her.

The Lucas/Nathan stuff was good. I was moved whenever Nathan said his tests came back okay and then Lucas said 1/2 or whatever. That was pretty sad.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-10-2004 at 03:15 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:21 AM
Banned

Wilpen
Glad to see you here. The show starts for me in 30 minutes, you are helping me look forward to it.
Rosebud55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes Karen and Andy were great The slumber party was great. Felix was bearable and I loved how the girls interacted. Judging from the spoilers, Hayley will be tempted to cheat. Do you think she will? My guess is that she won't.
Bronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm not a regular fan but I just watched the everyone yelling at everyone scene at the girls' slumber party and had a good laugh.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

I feel like a broken record- I keep repeating myself on my reviews.

Good- NH, they actually acted like they are a couple. YEAH! And can I say how great it is to have Nathan actually have screen tiem. I love the JLs, they were both awesome.

So glad Karen has a storyline, and the guy who plays Andy is hot.

Brooke was awesome except with the desecration of NH's bed.

Totally loved the brother bonding.

Previews- I don't know if its the WB trickery, but on the previews it looked like NH had a storyline.

Bad-

Jules, Anna and Felix, it is painful to watch these to characters. I actually cringed.

Once again everyone has a love scene except NH. And to top it off, they have Brooke and Felix do it in NH's bed. Come on, there newlyweds, give us something.

Overall, I was happy with the episode and glad I heard BJL sing again. I love her voice.
rima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Good episode, but I missed the needed presence of Mouth and Whitey.b
WBuzz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 05:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Good eppy tho i missed the first 15 mins i got the jist of it.

This eppisode was good. I am finally deciding what to watch and all the shows are getting better. Both this a Gilmore Girls i was iffy about if i should watch these shows anymore they were just getting bad w. like four new people. But both GG and OTH i am staying with because on both shows tonight eppys were awesome and they are coming back to life...

I loved the girls together and what they did is seriously how my friends and i do slumber parties. Getting mad at eachother laughing eating serious talk. tho when they were fighting i don't know if it was just me or maybe its because the actors are friends, but it seemed more playful "I can't believe you just said that" type fighting until the end when they were angry.

OUR BOYS Great scenes they are just so cute and now they truly are brothers. I almost cried when Lucas was like 1/2 ahhhhhhh how sad. But what is wierd maybe i am just confused cuz if 1/2 people inherit it then should almost half the world have it. And if they say that there is a 50 percent chance you have it that doesn;t mean 1/2 people. Example maybe luke doesn't have it but if dan had a third kid the third kid could have it. Does anyone know what im getting at here? I can't seem to form words.

I HATE keith and whats-her-face
LOVE Karen and young guy

SPOILERS:
I am a total Brucas fan. So of course i am praying for them. But i don't know i never trust those stupid next week things. Haley and Nathan THE DRAMA you gotta love it.

.:. Lanie .:.

ICON
Unchallenged_4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread