Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Passionate Fan

This episode was super fantastic as my boss would say and I have one name for why: Joie Lenz! That little interlude of music was enough for me to love the episode regardless of weak plot at some points and lack of James Lafferty who I did miss but I understand that we all need a break sometimes and James was the headliner last year. Nathan is still more compelling than Lucas though even as a married man. My heart went out to him at the end of the episode. Anyway, I can't wait to hear more of Joie's voice and hopefully, I little more storyline for Nathan and Haley. 10 seconds of James' and Joie's chemistry is not enough for me!

Karen/Andy/Lucas: I got all kinds of giggles from the "Little Lucas" situation. Karen and Andy are a good match. I don't see oodles of intrigue but I see a sweet pairing and hopefully, a little happiness for Karen. How funny was the realization face from Andy when he realized Luke was 6'1 and not 6?! Chad played that well.

Lucas/Anna/Felix: Have to admit, the "rumours" line from Felix caught my attention but I am still not all that enthralled with Lucas/Anna. I thought the fight between the guys was anti-climatic and I really thought Nathan should have jumped in to defend his brother like he would have last season.

Felix/Brooke/Mouth: Okay! I am all sorts of confused about this. I love Brooke/Mouth and I tolerate Felix but neither seem to be the right guy for Brooke and her claiming money for charity was very Brooke-like but still left a bad taste in my mouth but loved the little bit between her and Haley! They need to spend more time together!

Peyton: I am liking her descend into the dark realm. I like the minimal focus its getting. Like every week, we see a little more instead of the over saturation. That little cliffahnger at the end with Haley walking into the truth made me catch my breath for a sec.

Keith/Jules: I am not all that put off. Keith as a girlfriend to show off...good for him.

Deb/Dan: I hate Deb and love how evil Dan is! How does that work? I wanted to slap Deb for lying to Karen. That woman is going to end up unstable; I just keep sensing that.

Again, kudos to Joie! It was her episode!

---Erin
Old 11-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Maria Menudos CANNOT dance.
Neither can Lucas.
ITA...
Old 11-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I just remembered that scene where Lucas was dancing and I couldn't decide if it was Chad that can't dance or the director just told him to do that sort of funny dance because maybe "Lucas" doesn't dance which would make sense, I mean Lucas this season has been a little out of character...does a brooding intellectual (a Lucas description I read somewhere) really joins in such frivolous activities as dancing?...maybe a slow dance cause we know he's a bit of a **** but that kind of dancing...he just looked weird!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, and of course we all remember that stupid robot seizure dance he did in that date auction episode. No more lucas dancing in future episodes please!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jasons_gurl
Yeah, and of course we all remember that stupid robot seizure dance he did in that date auction episode. No more lucas dancing in future episodes please!
Yeah, its so obvious Chad was more likey taking part in spiking the punch rather than dancing at the highschool prom.

Last edited by Canadiana; 11-03-2004 at 11:46 PM
Canadiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiana
Yeah, its so obvious Chad was more liking taking part in spiking the punch rather than dancing at the highschool prom.
exactly what i thought, ha
Old 11-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

I didn't think this episode was too good.

Haley-I absolutely LOVED her last night, she was awesome. I loved her scenes with Brooke. Joie's voice is absolutely beautiful and so was the song that she sung. It wast the highest point of the whole episode.

Peyton,Lucas,Anna,Karen,Andy,Keith,keith's girlfriend,Nathan-Boring beyond words.

Brooke-Sigggghhh. I don't know where to begin. I completely agree with you,Punk. It's like they are trying to make Brooke hated-maybe to balance out the Peyton hate? I don't know. I didn't enjoy her at all last night. Maybe in a scene and that was the one with Haley. She is just mean and whiney now. Brooke wouldn't do that to get money. I have never been so disappointed with Brooke like this since LIAGH.

Mouth,Felix I just keep flip floping between these two. I don't like the way we were jerked around into thinking Mouth bought it because that seriously changed my whole opinion on Mouth&Brooke. But he took care of her..then said 'I Love you' what?!-too soon. Unless its since last season,but still seems like out of nowheresville. For some reason-it doesn't impress me that Felix bought the house. I'm not liking him too much. I guess I had higher expectations.

And Susan, ITA with you about Nathan&Haley marraige. At first I thought the marraige was going to bring new and exciting storylines but, already 7(is it?) episodes in and they haven't done anything interesting. If anything they had much more heat,passion,fun and plots back when they were only going out. I miss those days.
shiftmyshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

I think the reason Nathan didn't say anything when Chris commented on guys wanting to nail Haley. I don't think he was being weak for not saying anything back to Chris, I was speechless too when he said it. Of course Chris has shown that he a jerk but who can be nice.

1. He was proberly shocked that Chris would say something that blunt, rude, but also truthful.

2. It had just dawn on Nathan that Haley will now have perverted male fans who are more interest in her body than her singing.

3. And also Haley will have less time for him and to do things together.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

If not for the Brooke/Haley scenes and Peyton telling Brooke that it would make her a hooker when Brooke was listing off guys and sex as her skills the episode would have completely sucked for me. I wish the writers would give all the characters equal airtime. First Lucas, Lucas/Brooke and the Peyton/Lucas/Brooke triangle took up nearly all the airtime last season now it's Felix and Anna, those two especially Felix get way to much airtime for minor supporting characters.
Mouth telling Brooke that he loved her was sweet but weird and Chris kind of came across as a pervert, his remark about Haley to Nathan was disgusting and inappropriate.
Crystal_Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

Andy and Karen are cute, but I really don't see any age difference. Actually, this season, Chad and Moira do not look like son and mother at all. Chad looks like he could be dating her. Not to be gross, but it almost seemed silly when Karen punished Lucas last night.

I love Dan and Deb. Yeah, they're slightly evil, but deliciously so. I also loved the scene with Dan/Karen. That is one couple that I could ship. Just think of the conflict if Dan and Karen ever got together. Lucas would hate it. Deb would hate it. Keith would probably have a heart attack. Nathan would probably cringe a little.

I like Felix and I find it intriguing that he bought the dollhouse. Mouth is cute, but I just don't see anything romantic between him and Brooke. She is like his fantasy girl. Still love Brooke but I agree that last night's episode presented her a little whiney. I still think it's ridiculous that we haven't met her parents. Did you see her bedroom? Her parents have sold off everything but her bed. They must seriously be whacked. I'm thinking that Brooke will get a job in the next couple of weeks.

Lucas is boring but at least he's not an ass with Anna.

I love Haley. I really do, but I will love her even more if I see her mess up a little. If you really have stage fright like that, you don't just get over it in two seconds. I think it would have been more interesting if she had backed out completely. Haley is a little too perfect right now.

Peyton and the drug thing was interesting and not overdone. Yeah, I agree that she has probably done cocaine more than just that first time. I just want to see Peyton's motivation behind this drug thing. More than just the confession thing. Where is her dad?

I love Chris. Yeah, he's a jerk but he's hot. I adored his bantering with Peyton. Get these two fine people together.

I still don't get why Karen should be upset about Deb/Keith. I mean, Deb/Karen are friends, but does that mean that Deb has to tell Karen about every guy she sleeps with? It's not like Karen is with Keith or something.

I wish that Brooke's drinking would be addressed at some point. Maybe she and Peyton will have to go into rehab together.
curlyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally posted by curlyhead
Haley is a little too perfect right now.
Well, I can see that being shot to hell. Don't worry.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked when Hailey sang. i thought it was funny when Karen's professor thought Lucas was 6. i thought it was so mean when Felix told Brooke he was taking car of her.
icon: xthebesthing
*Kaylee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG
This show is getting too thematic for me. We have a party episode, a sleepover episode, a meteor shower episode, a club opening episode. What's next? A bake sale episode? A science fair episode? A episode where everyone goes nuts? There are just characters there and basically nothing happens.
If I say nothing else in this thread, I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree with you Susan! I've been saying this for a few weeks now and I'm sick of it. I miss arc storylines. I never thought I would say that.

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

HisGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Another pointless episode. God! It gets me so mad that this year is just so blah! I mean, there is nothing going on that is remotely interesting. I would say with the exception of the Peyton cocaine storyline, I have no other reason to tune in. And I'm glad there is finally tension between N/H, it's about friggin time. So far, I am just seeing alot of "filler" episodes, wheres the drama? Bring it back!

And who else thinks the Haley singing arch is actually good? Cause I think it is cheap and overdone. These theme episodes and Anna/Felix need to go! Plus, why is Mouth in love with Brooke?!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Absolute Fan

The episode was pointless to me....

I mean Haley grabbed their attention before Chris? Too predictable..

Jules and Keith and Karen and Andy - ICK

Anna and Lucas are terrible..

Mouth loves Brooke now, OKKKKKK (shrugs) I wonder why this all of a sudden came on, poor Mouth, they made him seem like a sappy loser. I mean he dosen't get the girl at all, or the credit for taking care of her and then has to mutter the words "I Love You" (D'OH) that cute little relationship is gone for me, that was just a useless storyline..

Nathan, I give him credit for not getting all over the guy for making the comment toward Haley... it probably shocked him that someone else thinks she is hott... (shrugs) I am ready for the fussing to begin..

Karen had no buisness asking if Deb slept with Keith, it is none of her concern.. I love Karen and Keith, but them sleeping together has nothing to do with her, BUT Deb should have been truthful and admitted it, instead of lying.
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread