Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

*gasps in shock*

Could it be they're back getting to exploring the brother dynamics between Luke and Nathan? If so, it's about damn time! They've been ignored for too long, and after all, it's the reason the show exists in the first place.

And another gasp of shock at Nathan and Hayley acting like a real couple. In love, flirty, kissing, and just so damn cute.

Kudos to Keith for walking away from Dan, woo-hoo!

I actually liked Lucas tonight, and all he had to do was stopped being a whore. I felt for him with the whole Hayley issue. He's confused, and sad, and feels like he's losing her. I liked that they're finally dealing with this, and not ignoring it anymore. It's the one Lucas realtionship I want to see dealt with.

I like the flirty between Karen and Peyton's dad, he's cute. But I don't want Keith to hurt anymore [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Tim's an idiot [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Broke made me laugh, and cry at the end.

Mouth is the funniest! I love all his interactions with Brooke. And how cute was it when all the cheerleaders were kissing him at the end? He had this huge smile on his face. Priceless.

Jake and Peyton *sigh* So much potential there.

All in all, I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed. Best of all, next week looks promising too. Looks like we're getting back on track. So, welcome back to One Tree Hill.

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited Veronica ]

PR
icon-Becca (onelove.oneheart)
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Loyal Fan

The writing was good tonight. A lot better than it's been in a long time as far as flow and plot and time-sharing goes. It all worked. The only issues I had were the blatant product placement and the near-ommission of anything Nicki related. I want to see more of her. Maybe next ep.

The people I watched tonight's ep with didn't really like Lucas. I honestly thought Lucas was decent. He was a bit too needy and whiny in the beginning but he was actually honest and real and not a jackass after Nathan called him on it. I missed this Lucas. I want him back for a good long while.

And a quick question: what was the line Dan said to Keith about Axl Rose? Any help would be greatly appreciated. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited welcometomyworld ]

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
Floyd Dell
welcometomyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

What a great episode - wonderful way to bring us back after the hiatus.

I enjoyed all the characters, but Brooke mostly. Sophia Bush is such a flawless young actress - she's so talented. Tonight she took us through such a range of emotions...from rolling in laughter at her "Cheer-Nazi" persona to that final scene that ripped all our hearts as she tore up that pictures (I loved that she she kind of carressed Lucas in the picture before she tore him away - show's that she's still hurting.)

To me, I really saw the intensity of what Peyton and Lucas had done to Brooke. She's completely justified in still being angry.

Everything else was great - but I really loved the lightheartedness then the drastic comparison to the intensity. Great episode tonight.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Amy when Dan caught that guys playing basketball at the shop, and Keith said that they were only taking a break, Dan said "breaks over Axl Rose" to keith. Guess it was because he was wearing the bandana.

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited Liliya ]
Liliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliya:
<STRONG>Amy when Dan caught that guys playing basketball at the shop, and Keith said that they were only taking a break, Dan said "breaks over Axl Rose" to keith. Guess it was because he was wearing the bandana.

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited Liliya ]</STRONG>
Thanks so much Liliya. I love that line so much, I just wanted to make sure I got it right.

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
Floyd Dell
welcometomyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by welcometomyworld:
<STRONG>

Thanks so much Liliya. I love that line so much, I just wanted to make sure I got it right.</STRONG>
No problem. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] One of my favorite lines too.
Liliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Loyal Fan

AWESOME episode! I think this was my very favorite episode of all time. It had humor mixed with the drama and it was nice and refreshing.

I laughed and laughed at so many parts! Whenever Mouth started imitating the other cheerleading teams deal, I was laughing so hard, I thought my stomach was going to ache forever! Honestly, that was soooooo funny! To especially see the expression of Peyton and Brooke as they are watching him was priceless. Great stuff. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I also agree that Luke was perfectly fine in this episode. He did miss his best friend and he did not at all try to break apart Haley and Nate. Not at all. It had nothing to do with Haley and Nate. In fact, I loved how Luke completely accepted Nathan in Haley's life and he handled everything in a very dignified manner. Like how he said goodbye to the both of them. That was sweet. I just love the Lucas and Haley friendship. It is not at all controlling or unhealthy. I just love it. They tell each other like it is and how they feel, but they never try to invade each other too much and that is what is great to see. I mean, Lucas just was honest with Haley and expressed how much he missed her. And I loved how they worked their feelings out and came to a great conclusion. I just feel that great platonic connection between the two, but they also allow each other to breathe and have other people in their lives. I just love their friendship.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Peyton and Jake? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] OMG, these two have more chemistry than ANYONE on the show! Whenever they are together in a scene, I feel like the walls are going to collapse due to the chemistry and fire! I just love them! I can't say enough about how much I love them! Too cute.

I loved how Peyton was trying to work on her friendship with Brooke. I loved how she defended Brooke to that girl at the other school.. That was neat. While I believe Brooke has a right to still smart from the whole deal, I also think that she could slightly give Peyton a break. I mean, the entire scenario of L/P/B was a screwed up mess from the very beginning.. Brooke should realize that ultimately Peyton put her friendship with Brooke first in the end and that Peyton is going to stand by her no matter what, and just work things out with Peyton.. I mean, Peyton could have very easily just proceeded with a relationship with Lucas but she didn't in the end.. I mean, if you really think about it, Peyton and Lucas are totally in love with each other but they are ultimately sacrificing their love for Brooke. Yes, it was terrible that they acted on their feelings while Lucas was still with Brooke. That is bad. No excuse for that. But, it is also not a new revelation that Lucas and Peyton have had strong feelings for each other from the get go, and it is also hard on the both of them to deliberately not be together to save Brooke's feelings.. I don't know. Confused deal to say the least.

Felt sorry for Keith. Don't at all like the potential of Karen and Peyton's dad. Nope, just wasn't feeling it.

Wow, Nathan and Haley actually acted like a couple in this episode.. Good to see!

Loved Peyton and Haley. They didn't have huge interaction but I loved the little hug and joking around scene. Cute. You can tell how close these two have become and I just love it.

Brooke was so funny tonight with her one liners. I just laughed endlessly.

I also busted a gut whenever Haley was so shocked that Brooke called her "Haley" finally. That was great!

Loved all the Nathan and Lucas scenes. I love that Nathan took Luke's advice and took that fade away shot at the end! Awesome! Being a former basketball player, I appreciated what Luke was saying to Nate about the double team and the fade away. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Well, I've rambled on but this episode was outstanding. Enjoyed it from start to finish. Not one character annoyed me, outside of the Dan, but that goes without saying. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-06-2004: Message edited Cleveland Rocks ]

[ 04-07-2004: Message edited Cleveland Rocks ]
Old 04-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked tonight eppisode...

Peyton- I love her so much espcailly around haley. Also her scnes with brooke made me really wish they were best friends again.. Peyton seemed rather smiley the whole eppisode i love this side of her.

Lucas- Awwww it felt like i had the old lucas back. i loved the make up scene with haley also. I loved his scnes with Nathan also it reminded me of the beggining of the series... good bro vs bad bro.

Haley- SO cute in everything she did tonight. Her scenes with everyone were cute especailly nathan.

Nathan- Oh it's good to have some on the old Nathan back... I was getting tired of whipped Nathan. this Nathan was nice but still jerky at the same time... hope to see him do this more often.

Brooke- I was able to tolerate brooke tonight. It was just something about her.. i especailly loved her scenes with Peyton.... grrr i wish she never went out with Lucas so much would be better and different now. I felt bad for her at the end of the eppy but it looks like she having fun in th next eppy which is good.

Other teens- I don't know why but i found tim so cute in this eppisode hehe... something i hadn't thought before. Jake is still a sweet heart... and Mouth was just so funny... i was happy with all his air time tonight.

Adults- I hate dan!!! enough said. I felt really bad for keith and i hope they don't take lucas and peytons parents thing to far.... not another triangle arghh [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Next week looks so funny with deb and tim

Hmmm well thats all i can think of right now... hope next week eppisode is as good. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

DVD Commentary
Sophia-Brooke and Peyton are not lovers, thanks, lets just establish that right now.
Hilarie- thats true, atleast not season one.
Sophia-(pause)WoW, not till season 3 Hil come on.

I'm am a 100% Creek Freak and proud of it!...
CreekFreak2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Would love to see Nathan move in with Keith.

It seems at times that Nathan has no family but his parents.

Nathan is still too young to be on his own no matter what he thinks. But if I was him I wouldn't want to live with them either.

I really would like to see more Nathan/Keith interaction plus it would be funny to see Lucas' and Dan's reactions to it.

As for Brooke I can understand why she can't be friends with Peyton right now. Brooke still cares for Lucas. Maybe if/when she gets over Lucas' Peyton and her can rebuild thier friendship. But I kind of hope she never makes it easy for Peyton/Lucas to hook up because I think Peyton belongs with Jake.

Mouth was funny I loved him doing those dance moves.
TvJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I LOVED this episode!
Lucas and Haley are the cutest thing. Lucas just loves (as a friend) her so much! And it must be hard for Hales to be in between the brothers...
I really liked the Peyton/Jake scene! ''Chika chika bow ow!'' SO FUNNY. They have to hook up!
And Brooke just breaks my heart [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

great episode and was well rounded. I loved all the scenes tonight.

It was great to see so much character interaction. Lucas and Haley had a lot of scenes together, which I liked. I am so glad the writers are keeping Peyton and Hayley friends. Peyton has just been so much more likeable that she use to be. Jake is also good for her. I liked that Brooke isn't totally over the Lucas and Peyton stuff. It was great seeing Nathan and Hayley acting like a couple. Lucas called Nathan her boyfriend. I don't know about Peyton's father and Karen yet. I kind of felt bad for Keith. Karen could have at least remembered to cancel. I almost thought the WB tricked us by not showing anything in the previews, but I realized they were next week's previews.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

i found SITN a very cute ep for N/H. But, i felt so sorry for Nathan at the end when he realized that noone was there to pic him up, or congratulate him, and later going to his apartment all empty and alone [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

i don't know what the general opinion abour Brooke is, but i don't blame her for telling Seyton that the "cheer truce" was over, that it only lasted through the weekend. what the hell does Seyton think? she thinks that sucking up to Brooke was gonna make her friends again like nothing had happened? You just don't will a friendship into existence (sp?), but apparently Seyton thinks so [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

i really like the parts between L/H/N. I'm 100% sure that the one that Haley loves is Nathan, i don't see any type of romantic feelings on her part for Luke. TPTB showed in a very genuine (sp?) and real way the jealousy from Lucas' part towars the N/H relationship. Lucas misses his best friend, and the way of men to deal with that type of situation is getting the "unwanted" out of the way; that's why he started telling Hayley that she had changed since she got together with Nathan, which is not true, i know it, everyone knows it and Lucas knows it too.

I really liked the fact that Hayley told Lucas that in her life there was space for both of them. and the fact that she told him that she wasn't spending anymore time with Nathan than he did with Brooke was priceless. She basically told him to stop with the mini-drama.

And let me say AMEN to the fact that Hayley told Luke that sooner or later he HAD to make space for Nathan in his life, not necesarilly (sp?) for them beign bros, but because he was his best friend's boyfriend. About time someone would tell him that, he was getting a bit egotistical [img]smilies/nono.gif[/img]
|| Manny/Craig
(degrassi) || Maria/Michael (roswell) || Meredith/Derek (ga) || PJ/Bobby (mb) || Rachel/Ross (friends) ||
¤}{îÖ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Supreme Fan

Sorry, I don't agree with you guys, Lucas was a complete ASS tonight. Ok, his reasoning (that he missed her) is fine, but are we forgetting the fact that not 2 episodes ago he was as much involved with his girlfriends as she is with Nathan? Lucas had absolutely no right to treat Haley the way he did tonight given that he was acting exactly the same when he was involved with someone. It leads me to believe that he only wants Haley when there's no one else for him to cling to. And when he gets dumped, she's just supposed to drop her boyfriend to lick his wounds? Um, no. He's just an attention whore and the sad thing is Haley lets him get away with it. Thank goodness Nathan didn't fall for his crap and called him out on it.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:39 PM
New Fan

I loved this ep!

I really LOVE Jayton, they so need to get together its sad. And I felt so sorry for Brooke too. And even kinda for Peyton, you could tell she was trying.

And Lucas was not so annoying tonight! He was a b!tch to Haley even though I could kinda see were he was coming from.

But what worrys me is next week. WHAT THE HELL ARE PEYTON/NATHAN DOING?!?! esp Nathan!!!!!
justher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Extreme Fan

This is the One Tree Hill that I know and love. Ah Where do I start?

The kids :

Nathan and Haley sitting in a tree... - "I'm already late." "Be later." - I was yelling at my tv, "Be later, BE LATER!!" Haha, I'm officially crazy. So happy they're back to being a "normal" teenage couple. And when she jumped into his arms after the competition... [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] I was oh so happy.

Brooke the cheer nazi - I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] her. And I can totally see where she's coming from, throwing herself into something to get Peyton & Lucas outta her head. I feel for the girl. And she made me laugh too. It was sad to see them come home after the weekend, and have reality smack them in the face, but it happens. That was the best thing about the episode IMO. It was so realistic, and made me reminisce about my high school days. And seeing her rip that picture up at the end broke my little heart.

Jake - Chica chica bow bow...OMG I love this boy. Can I have his children? I love fun!Jake. We need to see more of him. When he was with the boys at the strip club he was sooo cute. My love for this boy grows every episode. And he wears my old number! Coincidence? I think not!

Tim - Peeing in the ice machine [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Genius! I have a new found love for this boy. Brooke grabbing his ear, "Psycho Brooke told you to leave her squad alone."

Peyton - I liked Peyton getting up in that b*tch's face and kinda defending Brooke. It shows some progress. But not too much that I don't believe it.

LucAss - Okay, telling Haley she looked rediculous was a little harsh...ok, I would've kicked his ass. But I can almost see where he's coming from. He misses his best friend, and I've been there. But he needs to stop being a jackass, and he's been taking steps in the right direction. I give him props for that.

Mouth - Perfect. He totally tok this episode to a whole other level and it was great. I hope he gets a lil more screen time, he's stellar.

The adults :

Keith/Dan - Dan's an ass. I can't believe it. Well, yeah I can. And that cardboard cut out...whoa.

Karen and Poppa Peyton - Eh...I don't know. It was fun seeing Karen in her old element. I don't really have feelings on these two yet.

Whitey - Oh how I love you. He was too funny this ep, yelling at K/L, surprising Lucas at the pool, and all he did was just simply wonderful [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The group as a whole - We need to have more episodes like this, everyone chillen together. When they were at the strip club the poor guys had no idea where to look! I loved it. The pool scene, great. Tim telling Nathan to stop...priceless. Haley juggling the Scott brothers...oh what I would give to be in her shoes! Oh, and the Nathan/Lucas remote fight was totally me and my roommate last year. Let me tell ya it was not pretty. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quotes -

"I used to be one of those kids."
"You? I have a beer bong in my overnight bag."

"We're gonna find Claire's room and pull a Tanya Harding. We're just gonna hit her in the knees with a big stick."

"I'll give her a jazz finger."

xoxo
Brittany

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

HisGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread