Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by zales00:
<STRONG>I personally thought the episode was off to a rocky start. It was awkward and the acting seemed cheese. No offense, but Brooke's bawling in the beginning made me want to throw something at her. Anyway. I didn't start really enjoying it got towards the end. Yes, it brought me to tears.

The last 2 episodes have kinda been making their way back to the storylines in the beginning. Or the characters have just been referring more to the past episodes. Either way, it seems sorta promising to me that the show is getting back on track. Not to say it was getting off track, but the whole premise of the show in the beginning revolved around the 2 brothers. And because of the different relationships (N/H, and then the whole traingle blah) they haven't been able to focus on Lucas and Nathan. And they need to give them alittle more, imo. Also, Karen being back just brings back the first few episodic vibes for me. Maybe now Lucas can make his way back from being the jerk that he's become to this nice loving friend to Haley and loving son to Karen. Those were the times that I liked him.

Anyway. I'm tired.

[Zales]</STRONG>
Thank God...

I hated this episode. So darn predictable!! So cheesy! So lame! The writers didn't have an original thought, the director wasn't ambitious enough and the acting only worked for the grown ups.

"Dan", "Keith", "Deb" & "Karen" had the best moments and their acting saved the episode from sucking more.

Sophia's acting was off in the first hospital scene wehre she's bawling like crazy... Gag me.

Peyton's frown is getting old.. She should learn to work her eyes. Hilarie has big beautiful eyes she can use for her acting but she doesn't! And she's getting the one dimensional character syndrome.

The only reason I didn't change the channel was because I have been watching since the darn Pilot and I don't want to give up so soon.

But they need more comedy and I don't mean Brooke's comments.

They need to get the teenagers to act better in the deep dramatic scenes.

The show is lacking originality and the plot is not holding the whole story as it goes.

Go back to basics, introduce a new fun character and get at least a good writer.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Loyal Fan

I can see Karen a little mad that Keith was so close to being over the limit...

However, I think that forgiveness is definitely the only way to go for Karen because he was not technically drunk and thus, alcohol did not at all play a part in the accident. That is why we have laws and there is a reason as to why Keith is not being held accountable, legally, for this accident.

Karen should see this and forgive him. Yes, she could yell at him about drinking at all before driving her son anywhere. I'll give her that. But, forever holding a grudge and not wanting to pursue a romantic relationship with him is a little too strict, I think.

Keith loves Lucas to death and would never intentionally hurt him. And he was not drunk. I just wish Karen will forgive him.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>

Sophia's acting was off in the first hospital scene wehre she's bawling like crazy... Gag me.

[</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]..

ITA.

I was laughing like crazy during this scene. I thought it was more appropriate in a blooper deal. I am like, "Is this for real?" Apparently it was and all I did was laugh. It was forced, fake and totally not meshing with what was "attempting" to be portrayed.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Loyal Fan

First I thought this eppy was GREAT! I totally loved it! I loved having Moria back! She was greatly missed on my part. When Karen hugged Dan I thought that was so sweet even though Dan is a jerk, when Karen hugged it just made him seem less jerky.
I felt for Brooke alot and I thought that Sophia did a great job. I LOVED Karen's face when Brooke said I am Lucas' girlfriend, I totally laughed at that part.
Joie did a wonderful job in her acting and I believed all the turmoil and hurt she was going through and I really felt for her. I was about to ball when she and Lucas made up w/o words it was just beautiful.
I loved what Nathan did for Haley and I loved he was the one to bring Lucas out of his coma. How is that for irony? The things he was saying about Haley to Lucas was just wonderful. I loved it.
And I am sure that everything with Keith is going to work out.
Overall it was just a bangin' eppy!

Nathan&Haley,Lucas&Brooke,Liz&Jason,Jackie&Hyde,Dillon&Georgie,Madison&Ephram, Jake&Peyton*Pacey&Joey!
icon by Livin4foxy
Starrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 10:12 AM
Absolute Fan

I was diasappointed in the show...

I expected such dramatic acting from all the characters, but it was sorta plain... Sophia over acted in my opinon, it was not believeable to me when she showed up crying, I don't know why, but that is how it looked to me... I was also sorely disappointed that Dan didn't stay to check on him, but that is to be expected... also with Peyton it was not believeable and saying she is in love with Lucas this soon is not a good start... I did however think that Moria's performance at the end and Bethany's was amazing... they were both believeable to me, I cried with Karen and Haley on both parts... I did think the moment with Lucas and Nathan was sweet, but that was it... I don't know I guess I expected so much more and got nothing... I did think the hug with Dan and Karen was touching.. and I felt so bad for Keith when it showed him with the ring, but he has to realize Karen has nothing but Lucas and you can't expect her as a mother to say it is okay that you were drinking and driving.. they'll work it out though [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleveland Rocks:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]..

ITA.

I was laughing like crazy during this scene. I thought it was more appropriate in a blooper deal. I am like, "Is this for real?" Apparently it was and all I did was laugh. It was forced, fake and totally not meshing with what was "attempting" to be portrayed.</STRONG>
Ugh, I know!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So bad! I wonder wether it was her own choice to play it that way or if it was the director pushing her to do something she still has no skills for.

If the script had her reacting like that the director should've picked up that it didn't work and he could've made it more subtle.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Total Fan

I really liked this episode. I was surprised at how much I missed Karen. All her scenes were fantastic in this episode. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I love Nathan. He has grown so much and I loved how he was really there for Haley in this episode. I love Nathan/Haley and I kept thinking that we might get "I love yous" from them in this episode. I think Nathan and Haley are obviously in love with each other. I guess that's a moment for another episode. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I still don't like the idea of Peyton/Lucus. He goes so much better with Brooke. It seemed to me that they were trying to show Karen liking Peyton more than Brooke. I just don't think Peyton and Lucus go well together. Peyton and Jake on the other hand... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I feel so sorry for Brooke. She is going to be so devastated next week. Who is she going to turn to? The two people she is closest to are the ones betraying her. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I liked the comment Brooke made about her mother not noticing her. I think the show should explore her character more. I get the feeling that Brooke is more tortured than Peyton is. Brooke just hides it with her crazy ways.

I actually felt sorry for Dan again. I don't know what to make of that. Loved the look on his face after Karen hugged him.

I felt sorry for Keith and I wonder what secret Dan is talking about concerning Deb.

My favorite scene of the episode was Lucus waking up when Nathan was talking to him. I thought that was foreshadowing that they will be getting closer in the future. I would love to see them actually act like brothers, but I think it should definitely be a slow building relationship. It would not be realistic for them to become close as fast as other things seem to happen on this show. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'm afraid if OTH keeps going along at the pace they are going, they will run out of ideas by the end of the season.

[ 02-18-2004: Message edited groovygirl ]
groovygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:01 AM
Banned

Sophia did a wonderful portraying "Brooke: a girl who has no one in her life who cares about other than Lucas. Or so she thinks, of course she would be devasted at the thought of losing him. Brooke is a very caring Person. Hope fully the next episode won't do her in. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Rosebud55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am really enjoying this show and am thrilled each Tuesday to sit down and watch.

I loved last night's accident because Lucas is such a catalyst in so many people's lives so it brought so much to the center. Or at least I felt it did.

First off, I love Peyton, I love Peyton and Lucas, although I seem to be in the minority. I feel really really bad for Peyton. Peyton liked Lucas first and if Brooke weren't so friggen self absorbed she would have noticed before she got involved. I think Brooke did notice but chose to ignore it so she could have Lucas for herself. Peyton is not trying to hurt Brooke, it is tearing her up, but she is in love with Lucas and Lucas is in love with her. Dump Brooke already - I find her high annoying - and although Karen came around to Brooke at the end - because she felt sorry for her - it was very telling that she knew about Peyton - but had no clue who Brooke was. Plus it was obvious she liked Peyton much better.

Nathan and Hayley, I really like them too, but what girl wouldn't be mad about what he did? IT won't last long.

Dan and Karen scene - my favourite part of the show. There is more to these two then meet the eye and I would love to know more. I think he loved her too much - or something like that - and she scared him away.

Keith - give the guy a break - He was not drunk - he was under the legal limit - and we all know that not everyone holds their alcohol the same. I hope somehow it turns out that it was not his fault at all - drink or not. Poor guy!!

Lucas and Hayley at the end - this was very nice - but to me they haven't really given this friendship much substance. They barely have any scenes together and if we are to believe in them we need to see more.

This is turning out to be my favourite show after Alias of course.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>

Ugh, I know!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So bad! I wonder wether it was her own choice to play it that way or if it was the director pushing her to do something she still has no skills for.

If the script had her reacting like that the director should've picked up that it didn't work and he could've made it more subtle.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I know and ITA...

Didn't the director/Sophia or ANYONE see that this was off the mark? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

When she got finished with the debacle, I was also thinking to myself.. "Where the hell did that come from?" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] "Why did that scene just happen?"

It was so out in left field and outside of laughing like crazy, I was still in shock that this scene actually just took place.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cleveland Rocks:
<STRONG>

I didn't see it that way at all. I thought it was a beautiful moment between two best friends. The argument had NOTHING to do with their ending scene. The argument was way secondary at this point. Haley was just relieved that her best friend woke up and was going to be okay. Lucas was just happy to see her. Haley was not forgiving Luke or anything like that.

It was all about life and death and Haley being so glad that Lucas survived this.

I will bet that Luke and Haley will discuss things once he is out of the hospital. I don't see Haley backing down or "forgiving" Luke. She will tell him how she feels about things when the time is right.

And the time was certainly not right whenever Luke is in a hospital fighting for his life.

And like I said, their "reunion" had nothing to do with the argument.</STRONG>
If the scene was a stand-alone, that may have been true. But taken in the context of the episode, the only thing Haley was worried about throughout the whole episode was "what if he doesn't forgive me?" She never once expressed concern that he wasn't going to wake up, she knew he was going to be ok, but her main fear was over her guilt and Lucas not wanting to see her when he wakes up. So when he says "hey buddy" at the end, it was like she was relieved that he wasn't mad at her anymore. That's why it felt like he was forgiving her and that's why I hated it. They tried to make it seem like "awww he just got out of an accident and he's already forgiving Haley, what a swell guy!" Yeah, right, I didn't buy it at all.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by christinedechagny:
<STRONG>If the scene was a stand-alone, that may have been true. But taken in the context of the episode, the only thing Haley was worried about throughout the whole episode was "what if he doesn't forgive me?" She never once expressed concern that he wasn't going to wake up, she knew he was going to be ok, but her main fear was over her guilt and Lucas not wanting to see her when he wakes up. So when he says "hey buddy" at the end, it was like she was relieved that he wasn't mad at her anymore. That's why it felt like he was forgiving her and that's why I hated it. They tried to make it seem like "awww he just got out of an accident and he's already forgiving Haley, what a swell guy!" Yeah, right, I didn't buy it at all.</STRONG>
I still don't think that's the case. I think she was upset that the fight was the last thing that happened before the accident. And she didn't know that he was going to be ok. I think she was hoping they would have a chance to talk again and fix the problems between them. I think Lucas was just happy to see her, his friend, and she was just happy he was ok. Who was at fault or who's mad at who seems so unimportant when someones life is on the line.

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Supreme Fan

If the fight truly took a backseat to Lucas' accident, why did it take Haley the whole episode to go see him? She couldn't go because she was feeling so "guilty" (even though she had no reason to) and was afraid he wouldn't forgive her. It's only when Nathan goes there for her and sort of makes peace on her behalf that she's able to go. And because she's got Nathan, if Lucas really woke up and didn't want to see her, she'd be ok. I just think you have to look at her words and actions throughout the episode and take the scene in context. Sure to the normal person an accident should take precedent over anything else, but in Haley's case, it was the fight that was the most pressing thing on her mind. Seriously, rewatch the episode. When did she act like she was afraid he wasn't going to be ok? That is *not* what she was worried about. She was all about "Lucas doesn't want to see me right now", "what if he can't forgive me?", "I just want to tell him I'm sorry", etc, etc.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I think part of the reason why Haley couldn't see Lucas was because before she heard Nathan's explanation she was somehow convinced that Lucas was right about Nathan, and that therefore SHE was the one in the wrong. We know it wasn't like that, but she NEEDED to hear from Nathan himself that their relationship wasn't about sticking it to Lucas, but about them and them only. Only then could she face Luke and although Luke is the one who is wrong, she still cares and seeing him in the hospital wasn't easy. I hope they do talk about their argument and smooth over things next episode. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Van Clemmons: Mr. Echolls, I was wondering if I could have a word?
Logan: Anthropomorphic. All yours, big guy.

icon: SunnyGeri
*Deni* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 12:28 PM
New Fan

i seriously hope they have more lucas and haley scenes, and i agree with some of you here, like yeah he said hey buddy and it was a sweet moment, but i mean, theres still no excuse for the way he argued at haley the night before. i dont know, im kinda torn actually. also its driving me crazy, but i love how the writers are making me go back and forth between each character, like before i was like "i love peyton, i feel bad" and stuff, and now im like "now i feel bad for brooke" lol...idk, maybe i think too deeply about stuff?! lol [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

.theres just [too] much that time cannot [erase].

"if they made a CMM wax figure i'd def. try and steal him" - me
"ilu nicole"- laura
haha lmao &lt;3
emu*chicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread