Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm not even going to try to understand why that double-posted. Sorry y'all!

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Lucas / Brooke / Peyton - I realize everyone loves Brooke and Lucas here, but they do have that problem of What do they have in common? The answer is ~ Very little. So they probably wouldn't have lasted long anyway. He and Peyton have always shared a connection. I for one will love it when they get together!

I for one like the fact that Brooke and Lucas are opposites that's what makes them interesting. Lucas/Peyton are so much alike it's like they're dating themselves and I frankly find that boring. I do think L/P will get together but I also feel anything that starts badly ends badly and with the cheating,betrayal, and Peyton probably losing her best friend L/P started very badly. I just hope L/P is over quickly so Lucas can start working his way back to the person he belongs with Brooke.

Mere
avi by Beth
Tim'sLoveSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PukeAssSucks:
<STRONG>I for one like the fact that Brooke and Lucas are opposites that's what makes them interesting. Lucas/Peyton are so much alike it's like they're dating themselves and I frankly find that boring. I do think L/P will get together but I also feel anything that starts badly ends badly and with the cheating,betrayal, and Peyton probably losing her best friend L/P started very badly. I just hope L/P is over quickly so Lucas can start working his way back to the person he belongs with Brooke.

Mere</STRONG>
Here here! I see Peyton and Lucas going absolutely
nowhere. I can barely stomach the scenes together because the only person I can handle Peyton with is Jake - I, for one, would hate dating someone that's exactly the same as me because then there would be no variety in the relationship. I think Brooke's quirky, outgoing manner will be able to tap into Lucas and maybe teach him how to kick up his heels a little and enjoy life; and Lucas' sense of righteousness (up until recently!) may be just what Brooke needs in order to allow more people to witness the softer, vulnerable, gentler side to her that only Peyton and Lucas have seen.

But again - that's just my take on it all.

extralucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:48 PM
New Fan

Yo son, One Tree Hizill is off the chain yo. Booyah. Lucasizzle is the pimp dizzle mackin 2 bizzles at the same tizzle yo. Hardcore pizimpin right thurr. Nate Dizzle is a doofizzle fo shizzle. K Dizzle needs to jizzle in K Mizzles eizzle fo shizzle. bukkake.
OneTreeHizill4Shizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

I guess I'm on the few who likes the Jake storyline but doesn't really give a darn if he's in an eppy or not. If they show him I'll take it, if not, cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Guess he's a little too 7th heaven for me.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by OneTreeHizill4Shizzle:
<STRONG>Yo son, One Tree Hizill is off the chain yo. Booyah. Lucasizzle is the pimp dizzle mackin 2 bizzles at the same tizzle yo. Hardcore pizimpin right thurr. Nate Dizzle is a doofizzle fo shizzle. K Dizzle needs to jizzle in K Mizzles eizzle fo shizzle. bukkake.</STRONG>
please revise your post so we can read it.

thanks.

anyways, i was hoping for some peyton/jake scenes. obviously that has been written out with the peyton/lucas thing.

also, i'm wondering. when haley passed the b-ball test and she comes out saying "i so owe you," nathan replies with "good, cause i need a favor". what was the favor? i though it has something to do with whitey but no. any thoughts?
freakygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie:
<STRONG>
Sure, Lucas is still feeling betrayed. But honestly, how many of you can blamed him? I mean, he put his feelings aside and treated Nathan nicely for Haley's sake. And this is the first time he's really snapped at her for it. Look at the whole beginning of the season, Nathan tortured Lucas. I know that Nathan's different now and I love Nathan so don't get me wrong. But of course, Lucas is going to be feeling crappy considering his best friend was Haley. The one person who was not tied into the whole Scott family history, and then she was brought into it with Nathan. It had to hurt.
</STRONG>
It's ok for him to feel this way, but why did he never say anything and only wait for an oppurtune moment to throw it back in her face? Someone on this thread said Haley and Nathan stopped being a betrayal the moment she told Lucas and he said he was ok with it, and I completley agree. She's not a mind reader, if Lucas had a problem with their relationship he should have (and would have, IMO) told her. But the way I saw it, it's months later, and he was just using anything bad about Haley he could find to throw back at her just so he doesn't have to think about what a jerk he was being to Peyton and Brooke.

And as Haley said, if he was really her best friend he'd be happy for her, which, before this episode, it appeared that he was. So to suddenly act like Haley betrayed him and has "changed" was a total scapegote. The two things are completely separate anyways, what exactly does Haley going out with someone Lucas doesn't like (but TOLD HER he was ok with) have to do with him cheating on his girlfriend with her best friend? If he had a problem with the Nathan thing, it was completely the wrong time to bring it up, and IMO he only did it so he wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of his own actions.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Banned

This episode was so sad for Brooke. She doesn't have a clue about her best friend and Lucas. She isn't a mind reader either.I hope they give her good material to work with.Lucas needs to straighten up fast. Next week will be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Karens' reactions to all the changes that have occurred while she was gone.
Rosebud55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 05:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sure, Lucas is still feeling betrayed. But honestly, how many of you can blamed him? I mean, he put his feelings aside and treated Nathan nicely for Haley's sake. And this is the first time he's really snapped at her for it. Look at the whole beginning of the season, Nathan tortured Lucas. I know that Nathan's different now and I love Nathan so don't get me wrong. But of course, Lucas is going to be feeling crappy considering his best friend was Haley. The one person who was not tied into the whole Scott family history, and then she was brought into it with Nathan. It had to hurt.
I agree with Katie. Just because it's months later doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt. And i think the reasons Lucas didn't say anything was because he just wanted Haley to be happy. But ofcourse when she starts attacking his choices, he's going to attack hers right back.

I know Haley was right in telling Lucas off, but she is also his best friend, so you'd expect more support. like she could have told him she hates what he's doing, but in a more calm way. (i prefered the shouting, but if you look back at it, she did lay into him straight away) and maybe if she had done it more calmly lucas wouldn't have gotten so defensive about it. the two things are different, but when you have that kind of fight, past wounds do tend to spring up.

i just think that scene was really realistic and powerful and dont blame lucas or haley for what they said.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Loyal Fan

The Lucas and Haley fight struck me as kind of odd.

Haley had EVERY right to come down hard on Lucas about the Peyton and Brooke thing. She, as his best friend, was deserving of giving him a yell about it.

But, then BAM, Lucas shoots his mouth off about her being with Nathan. That is what shocked me. Two things stand out to me as possible reasonings as to why Luke exploded about this...

#1.. He wanted to try and get the heat off of him because Haley was coming down hard on him about the Peyton/Brooke stuff and he knew she was right and he just could not handle Haley being so right...

#2.. There was some hidden jealousy there about Haley being with Nathan.

I know many of you loathe the possibility of a romantic pairing of Lucas and Haley but I honestly feel like the writers are somewhat hinting at a vague possibility of a romantic pairing of Lucas and Haley in the distant future... I do not get this feeling with just plain words that are used between them, it is more of a hidden type of thing that I feel is going on. I just feel like the writers are deliberately giving some really vague hints about this possibility..

I mean, Lucas basically said way back when that he was fine with Haley being with Nathan. Yes, he did not like it because it was Nathan and he was in a bad place with Nathan at that point. But, it did not at all seem like he was jealous of Haley being with Nathan anything like that. And he basically told her like it was.. If she was happy, that is great.

And then, now, all of a sudden, he completely shows strong emotion and dislike for Haley being with Nathan. It seemed to have come out of nowhere. And the comment about where he said something about asking Haley if she thought of him every time she kissed Nathan. I don't know, but I honestly thought that was some jealousy coming out of Lucas.. It just seemed way too personal and he seemed way too consumed and upset about it for it to be completely platonic.

I may be totally off, but I honestly feel as if the writers are giving some hints about a Lucas/Haley romantic pairing in the distant future. I can just feel it now more than ever.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Cleveland Rocks ]
Old 02-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

This episode was really...good. I just watched it tonight(well, last night. It's 9:49am already? Jesus), and holy hell. Crazy stuff.

I found myself yelling at the TV alot- mainly at Lucas for being such an discourteous jerk...fooling around with Peyton behind poor Brooke's back. Psh.

I also smiled alot. Haley and Nathan seem so happy that it just makes me happy.

And why in the hell did I just search, and search, and search, and then read spoilers for the up-coming episodes after 'I Shall Believe'-- 'Suddenly Everything Has Changed' and 'The First Cut is the Deepest'...? I officially hate myself. Someone smack me, please. I just wanted to know if Lucas was going to...you know. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I needed it for my website! I also found out some very sad news for all of us...well, the majority of us. I won't give anything away, though. Well, only on the website, but you can just look by choice. Heh.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Kell Kell ]

- Kelly
Kell Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 10:09 AM
New Fan

Hey, Cleveland rocks i agree with you on the whole hidden jealousy thing. Remember when Nathan got his first good grade and asked Haley to give him a hug as lucas looked on. After that Lucas told haley " i saw you with him" that to me looked as if he was jealous when he said it. Then know bringing the your kissing nathan for me was really a hint of jealousy. I do think that the writers are hinting a possible realationship between them. Then haley never liked Peyton until later on and we all know she does not like Brooke. Haley looks kinda of uncomfortable when she sees lucas kissing another girl.
They both obviously have some strong feelings for each other.
I just hope we get alot of scenes with L/H in the next eppy's. Haley is the one who will most likely be with karen supporting her. Although brooke really wants to get along with karen and might want to help her out now. Karen needs someone like haley with her since they know each other very well and both love lucas like no one else. No offense but what L/H have is so much more than what p or b have with him. Know what I mean?
So any predictions for the next few eppy's?
Angelita02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~:
<STRONG>

I agree with Katie. Just because it's months later doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt. And i think the reasons Lucas didn't say anything was because he just wanted Haley to be happy. But ofcourse when she starts attacking his choices, he's going to attack hers right back.

I know Haley was right in telling Lucas off, but she is also his best friend, so you'd expect more support. like she could have told him she hates what he's doing, but in a more calm way. (i prefered the shouting, but if you look back at it, she did lay into him straight away) and maybe if she had done it more calmly lucas wouldn't have gotten so defensive about it. the two things are different, but when you have that kind of fight, past wounds do tend to spring up.

i just think that scene was really realistic and powerful and dont blame lucas or haley for what they said.</STRONG>
I completely disagree. First of all, Lucas was doing something that was morally wrong, and everyone, including himself, knows it. Haley's decision to date Nathan was not a morally wrong decision, she even asked Lucas about it first and he said it was ok. As soon as he said that he gave up all rights to use her decision and his blessing against her. To equate N/H to what he was doing was inappropriate and uncalled for. Like I said, I think Nathan was just a really convenient excuse for him to use against Haley. He wanted to make himself feel better about what a jackass he was being by trying to paint her as somehow to blame, but obviously he was very wrong. Her decision to date Nathan in no way influenced or equates to his decision to play two girls at the same time and not take any responsibility for it.

Haley is his best friend, which is why she was so shocked that he would be the kind of guy who cheats on his girlfriend with her best friend. And then he lied to her face about the whole thing. I would be pissed too. And then he kept trying to weasle out of it ("It's complicated"??? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ), never once taking responsibility for it, and then just completely turns the tables on her. Lucas really planted himself firmly at the top of my ***** list in that scene.

If Lucas had some hidden jealousy in that scene (which I really didn't see), then he sucks even more. Because if that were true, it would mean he not only wants to string along Brooke and Peyton, but he also wants Haley all to himself. Um, no.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

yeah linda, you're right, i dont really agree with the way lucas just turned it around on Haley. but i just thought it was realistic that he did. because he doesn't want to be attacked for what he's doing, so he just turned it around on her. obviously the two things are very different. what lucas is doing is completely wrong.

but i think it kind of comes back to how people view the NH thing. Most people on this board are NH fans and see nothing really wrong with them being together. But i just couldn't like NH at the start (i like them now) because i thought it was wrong (well not wrong really, but just not really right) that Haley would date Nathan after everything he did to Lucas. I know Lucas is a jackass now, but in the first four eps when this whole thing started Nathan was the jackass and was really sucky to Lucas. I just know that if my best frind turned around and started going out with someone i hated it would really suck. i would probably say it was ok and everything, but it would still hurt.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited ~Maz~ ]
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by christinedechagny:

I completely disagree. First of all, Lucas was doing something that was morally wrong, and everyone, including himself, knows it. Haley's decision to date Nathan was not a morally wrong decision, she even asked Lucas about it first and he said it was ok. As soon as he said that he gave up all rights to use her decision and his blessing against her. To equate N/H to what he was doing was inappropriate and uncalled for.
You said it, sister. It wasn't like Haley was dating someone else while dating Nathan-- Lucas, however, is dating someone while "hooking up" with another. Their situations are totally different, and it was insanely stupid for him to even bring that up.

Quote:
Her decision to date Nathan in no way influenced or equates to his decision to play two girls at the same time and not take any responsibility for it.
Exactly.

Quote:
Haley is his best friend, which is why she was so shocked that he would be the kind of guy who cheats on his girlfriend with her best friend. And then he lied to her face about the whole thing. I would be pissed too. And then he kept trying to weasle out of it ("It's complicated"??? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ), never once taking responsibility for it, and then just completely turns the tables on her. Lucas really planted himself firmly at the top of my ***** list in that scene.
Mmhmm. Lucas has just been...not Lucas. He's been going all Drue Valentine-esque on us all. No- he's turning into Charlie Todd. Hi, Lucas. Wrong show. Be the nice, kind, loving, good boyfriend Lucas we used to know. And love. Jerk.

Quote:
If Lucas had some hidden jealousy in that scene (which I really didn't see), then he sucks even more. Because if that were true, it would mean he not only wants to string along Brooke and Peyton, but he also wants Haley all to himself. Um, no.
...From the way things are going, I bet he'll be playing all 3 soon. Hah. No, but seriously. Lucas is just...wrong. Shame on him.

- Kelly
Kell Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread