Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Episode thoughts thus far...

Dan is an asshat and needs to be run down by Luke and Nathan and then drown in a pool of his own vomit. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

What that harsh?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hmm, I'm not sure what to think. While it wasn't a bad episode, I felt they had too many balls in the air, and it was strangely paced too. IMO, it felt as if they were trying to deal with too many things all once, and getting each character on screen. And it was obvious some scenes cut short to make the ep. fit.

I liked Peyton dealing with her dad's constant absence. I felt bad for Brooke, and obviously this isn't the last of her problems with Lucas. I'm not sure what to think about the whole Hayley thing, again, too many things going on, so it was too rushed.

Dan is an ass, I just can't stand the guy. When he flirted with the waitress in front of Nathan I wanted to slap him. I have no idea how they're going to redeem his character, because seriously, when he got teary with Nathan, I couldn't have care less.

PR
icon-Becca (onelove.oneheart)
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

I really really loved this episode. It's one of the best. The mood and atmosphere was that of extreme change. Everything felt strange and yet, entirely appropriate. It was fantastic seeing Peyton in more than two scenes, and her presence was meaty this time, too. I loved Hilarie's scenes with her on-screen dad, they felt so genuine. It was nice seeing her with Lucas, too, but next week's is kind of iffy...I'm hoping that's just one of those infamous WB promos that totally distort events...anyways, onto the commentary...

-James Lafferty did really well in this episode. I really like the character Nathan. Lord knows that I was in love with Badass!Nathan, but Good!Nathan is nice, too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I'm glad he quit basketball, and I did like the scene with him and Dan at the end. *sigh* I just wish that Dan could get a clue and start treating his son better.

-Paul Johansson is great. He's a complete jerk, but he does have dimension, too. He works so well alongside Barbara Alyn Wood, too. Love it! Gah, I didn't like him tonight.

-I liked Keith's scene with Nathan! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Lucas and Peyton as friends are nice, I really like them like that. I don't really want anything romantic, though, though I used to be a fan of their potential romantic relationship. They have an interesting relationship right now. It's past friendship but not quite romantic...but the thing is, I really want Peyton with Jake. Ahh their scenes were so cute! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] And I loved that at the end, Jake did that thing with the keys. So cute! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] So yeah, anyways, I hope that Lucas and Peyton fix themselves out, and that Peyton starts spending more time with Jake. He could be really good for her, and vice versa! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

-Brooke. I don't really care for her...but I like her friendship with Peyton, they're [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]. I'm glad that Brooke trusted her in this episode...gah it's so hard to not think of next week's but I just have to keep reminding myself that we haven't seen it yet, lol.

-Haley was cool! I liked her scenes with Nathan pretty well, and her scene with Peyton. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-The marriage counseling scenes were well done.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
*Shannon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I'm not too sure what I think about this episode. It was okay, not as good as last week's but it's okay. Too weirdly paced. It seemed as if they were trying to shove too much in too little of time.

I was very disappointed with the lack of Haley drunk. There was this whole big deal about the good girl getting crazy and how long was the scene? 2-3 minutes? Whoop-dee-do. The scenes with her and Nathan were cute, and I was glad to see Nathan step up and be like "I want the old Haley" and I was glad to see him tell her he liked her the way she was. I think some things got edited out of the scene though. Anyone remember the "Are you breaking up with me?" scene in the old promos?

Bored with Brooke/Lucas/Peyton triangle so I don't want to talk about it.

Lovin' Peyton and Jake. Want many more scenes with them. Too cute.

Dan's an ass. The town needs to get together and kill him with basketballs. Irony is a wonder. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Deb rules, Keith rules.

Next week's episode looks okay. Not really in the mood for more triangle drama and nothing better happen to Peyton's dad because I think he has potential and damn, that girl needs some happiness.

I will give credit to some Lucas/Nathan scenes, they were nice and it was good to see them get along. Interesting in the end.

I miss Lucas and Haley. They need more scenes together because their friendship is what drew me to the show in the first place and now it's been dying down.

Interesting that Nathan ended up quiting -- kind of mad the TV Guide said it because it kind of ruined it for me but oh well. Wonder how that will work out.

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited CutieKatie ]
Old 01-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ahhh I'm in love with 'Rake Boy' and I care a very large 'Rat's Ass' about him.. sighh I say we screw the Peyton/Lucas/Brooke Triangle and have the fans fight it out for him.. Whos in with me?!!

Naley - Adorable as usual.. I like that Haleys human

Lucas/Haley - the tattoo comment was great.. I'm a supporter of their friendship, nothing else

Bout the preview. . maybe the reason it didn't mean anything to Peyton is because she sees potential with Jake, wow I overanalyze everything lol. I used to be a major P/L supporter but now I'm not so sure.. he's being flaky..

I got upset that Nathan quit the team, I liked how he told Lucas first, very brotherlike. .

Oh!! And Peyton's dad is cool keep him alive!!

Kill Dan Scott instead!!!

Summer/Seth - Nathan/Haley
Ryan/Theresa - Peyton/Jake
dEepeR tHaN u kNoWw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow. Where to start?

Peyton - She is now one of my new favorite characters. She's grown on me so much. Her scenes with her father seemed genuine and were comforting to me for her. She needs to her dad now as well as some new friends. (cough Haley and Jake). Brooke and Lucas just aren't cuttin' it.

Lucas - He's Mr. Fix-it, ain't he? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I can stand him and Peyton as friends, but that is all! What he said to Haley about Nathan made me want to scream. He's driving me crazy! You don't have all the answers lil' boy! I really, really don't like him anymore. Each episode, my dislike of him grows so i'm hoping that he redeems himself soon before it's too late.

Nathan - Good for him for leaving basketball. He needs to do what's best for him, so i'm proud of him standing up to his dad. I think you're brave too, Nate!

Haley - I want to learn more about her and her home life. She was sweet to Nathan in here and i'm glad that she is able to be there for him. I love her to death for shooting Lucas down with his hypocritical line. Her whole 'bad girl' thing wasn't really all that bad and I agree with many when said that scene seemed rushed and too short. That's ok though because I really didn't want them to turn it into where she goes really out of character.

Dan - What? Is that a heart in there? Whatever. All the years of damage can't be mended by one 'moment'.

Brooke - I really just don't care for her and her relationship with Lucas. I think I could have if they didn't turn it into a sex mad house for that quick minute. She's going to get hurt, but I don't really care. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Peyton and Jake - Aw, aw, awww! I want them to continue building a friendship. They have something there and I really hope its not just something to make Luke jealous with.

Peyton and Haley - We needed more scenes with them. I love their friendship and would love to see it grow..

Nathan and Haley - They just have the best moments and their lines to each other are so sweet. What else can I say?

Next Week...

Lucas and Brooke - Blah blah. I don't care for them. And it's sad that Brooke is going to get hurt, which sucks because she actually realized Luke wasn't over Peyton and he just strung her along. What a guy.

Peyton and Lucas - What the heck was that? No! I don't like Lucas and I like Peyton, let's not have them get together like that please! Bleh. Peyton's vulnerable because she's lost her mom and is afraid of loosing her dad when they just had that cute moment, why couldn't Jake or Haley been around to comfort her instead?! That's just going to be more crap that she doesn't need.. more things to add to her 'issues' as Lucas would say. Wait Luke, wasn't that why you didn't want to be with her anyway? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Peyton and Brooke - This is going to hurt them. Hopefully Haley will be there for Peyton, but who will be there for Brooke? I don't like her, but i'm only human. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Overall the episode was good, but I enjoyed last weeks alittle bit more.. I could live with alittle less of the triangle and Brooke talking about how to make Lucas and her have an 'emotional connection' or whatever.

.Z.
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]
zales00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Good episode.

Ok, I'm seriously not shipping anyone! (Except Nathan/Haley). Well I'll probably change my mind. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

-Brooke/Lucas/Peyton: Still not sure who to ship. I think I'm just not gonna ship anyone lol. (Like I said except N/H who I'm in love with). Tonight made me appreciate Lucas/Peyton a bit more. I like how they have meaningful conversations and they seem to care about eachother. But I don't hate Lucas/Brooke. They seem to be more about lust, at times, but then they have their moments where I like them. So I'm not sure. Plus they are so hinting at Peyton/Jake as we all know. And I have to admitt they seem like the would be cute too. So basically I like Peyton/Luke, I like Peyton/Jake, and I don't really mind Lucas/Brooke. Everyone goes together nicely lol, which can be annoying cause I can't pick my ship! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

-Peyton: I really liked her after this episode. I really enjoyed her scenes. We usually see tough Peyton or brave Peyton. She doesn't always express her feelings. She hides from them. Or she expresses them just through her drawings. But tonight we got to see Peyton more as just a kid. She missed her father, and she was so upset. I loved when she just hugged him and said I love you Daddy. We got to see Peyton being real, and we don't always get to see that. I enjoyed her scenes so much. She really is a great character, they just made her seem kinda bitchy in the beginning. I like the direction they are currently going with her.

-Nathan/Haley: I LOVE them!! They really care about eachother. When he saw that she got an F, he felt soo bad. He felt responsible, and just so upset. I loved how he told her he didn't want her to change for him. And when he said he was all crushy in the beginning. Omg, their scenes were just great. The piggyback ride, while short, was cute. I just love them together so much.

-Dan: I really hated when he like grabbed Haley! I wanted Nathan to say something so bad. Dan like grabbed her and put her in the front seat. I was so pissed with this part. I wouldn't let anyone's dad do that, even if i was wrong for getting a bit drunk. Well he got what he deserved when she puked on him! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] loved that part so much.

-Keith: such a sweet man. He really cares about people. Ok I really hope we don't ever have to see a Deb/Keith/Karen triangle. If Deb/Dan divorce...ugh. I just hope they never do this. I don't like that idea.

-Nathan quitting: I don't like that. Nathan does belong in the game, he just belongs in it without Dan. He does love the game, it's just Dan is the devil. lol. Hopefully he'll eventually change his mind and they'll let him back on the team. But only if he's not miserable. If it's making him miserable, then yea I understand.

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited Hot Spike_Angel ]
Old 01-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this ep., we even got to see a different side of Dan. I just hate the references he makes about Lucas. It makes me feel so bad.
What can anyone say about Naley????? What a great pair! LOVE those two!!!!!!!
But that promo put me in a bad mood! How could Lucas do that to Brooke when he was just reassuring her? Guess you cannot mix friends and boyfriends and that is a sad truth, its such a shame becuz she trust them! Poor Brooke [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Nathan&Haley,Lucas&Brooke,Liz&Jason,Jackie&Hyde,Dillon&Georgie,Madison&Ephram, Jake&Peyton*Pacey&Joey!
icon by Livin4foxy
Starrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here's my two cents cause everyone loves it.

Peyton-Her drawings have gotten so much better, I'm really starting to relate to her. She became more human once her father arrived, who by the way is cool. I know how she feels when she see Luke and Brooke and she's doing a really good job.

Lucas-I miss the old brooding Lucas. The pre-Brooke. But he is reaching out to Nathan maybe b/c of Haley maybe not but he's trying. He helped Peyton with her dad, the gets props from me.

Nathan-Hot. I'm glad he stopped Haley because he knew he did wrong by dragging her into his world. He quit basketball and he didn't let Dan control him. Good for him. He's a hot drunk.

Haley-She needs to be my drunk buddy. You can tell she really likes Nathan because she was ready to throw her life away for him. I just wish she had more interaction with Lucas in this one. He needs her right now and vise versa.

Brooke-Never liked her much. She's the type of girl I don't get along with in school. Anyway I'm glad she showed her softer side by talking to Lucas about her jealousy.

That's it from me. Next week though. Holy shnit!

Peyton and Lucas-The new Bonnie and Clyde

I'll miss you Michael and Daniella
Gummiebear411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

I may have more to say after I watch this episode a few more times [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Overall, though, I liked it. I too was disappointed that the Nathan/Haley beach house scenes were way too short. I would have liked to see alot more of their fun, like explaining where the hat came from. But I did enjoy their scenes together, and *lots* of pretty soulful Nathan eyes! James excelled in this episode.

When Nathan said to his dad "I'm starting to think maybe you chose the wrong son" it broke my heart!

I liked Peyton and her dad, and Peyton and Jake. I'm not crazy about Brooke and Lucas overall, but I like that they have added some depth to Brooke's character.
And I've been in that used book store in Wilmington, it is great, it does smell funky but I too like the smell of old books!

Keith caring about Nathan and trying to help him = good.

That's all for now. I'm off to bed, good night!

Tammy

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Peyton: I actually liked her scenes tonight. I loved her scenes with her dad. And the Brooke/Peyton friendship scenes make me smile.

Lucas/Brooke: make me go "awww" and "damn, they're hot" at the same time. I think I've found my new favorite 'ship. So freakin' cute. Sugar and spice. Mmm.

Haley throwing up in Dan's lap: priceless. The scene at the beach was cute, but it was pretty much all shown in the promo, so I was a bit disappointed. I'm glad that they can study and not be all goopy together. I love that Nate confides in Haley. It's so sweet. And Haley is so freakin' pretty. The love glow is so working for her. I mean, I've always thought she was pretty, but lately, I've just been "wow". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Next week? Misleading promo. I hate when my couples get screwed with. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Total Fan

I really hope next weeks promo is misleading because it would be really crappy of Lucus to hurt Brooke after reassuring her in this episode.

I like Brooke/Lucus. He brings out the inner Brooke who is very vulnerable underneath all her boldness. I know Peyton is covered head to toe in issues, but I have a feeling that Brooke is too. She just hides them better by usually acting like she doesn't have a care in the world.

I actually liked Peyton in this episode. Peyton/Jake would be really cute.

There are not enough words to rave about Nathan. He has evolved into such a wonderful character. I loved what he said to Haley about liking her for her and what he said to his dad. It broke my heart when he told his dad that he thinks he picked the wrong son. I am really glad that he had the courage to actually quit the team. He really does need to know a life outside basketball before he can really enjoy playing the game again and maybe when he does return, he can play by his rules and not his dad's. If that makes sense. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I was disappointed that there wasn't any Nathan/Haley in the promo for next week. I can't get enough of them two. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
groovygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

Just wanted to say this ep felt a little off to me for some reason. I enjoyed it for the most part though.

I just have to say though how priceless was it when Whitey wanted to know about Nathan's whereabouts, asked Tim, "Tim, you're his girlfriend, where is he?"
I was LMAO
JulieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

What exactly did lucas and peyton say to each other at the end of the promo for next week?? didnt catch it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MayFlower:
<STRONG>What exactly did lucas and peyton say to each other at the end of the promo for next week?? didnt catch it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Peyton: last night...it didn't really mean anything-
Lucas: it didn't?

...something like that. heh.

first off, id like to say that this episode was one of my favs. i loved almost everything about it. Peyton&Jake's hallways scene was so cute. i was smiling so hard when he remembered the keys towards the end of the show. haha. and Peyton and her Dad. ...&lt;333333 i love them. Haley was definately priceless tonight. Drunk Haley=the best [: and i love where Nathan/Haley is going too. Nathan is so sweet around her and its so obvious that he cares. i wonder where that Nathan was when he was with Peyton?...heh. Brooke and Lucas...eh. i dont really care for them much. *shrugs* so sue me. i dont like who he becomes when he's around her :T. but i like how she is when she's around him. he brings out a side of her we dont see much. was that an oxymoron? :T

as for next week's promo...argh. you have no idea how mad i am right now [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] just when i was adoring the the Lucas/Peyton friendship they throw them into a romance and bring back the P/L/B love triangle when things seemed to be going good. but then again, it is a teen soap. *sigh* i think Lucas and Peyton should distance themselves from the romance level and STAY FRIENDS. at least for now. i mean, i admit that im somewhat of a LP fan, but even though im not the biggest Brooke fan in the world, she's just so adorable and after seeing her so insecure about the whole LP friendship im not going to enjoy the LP-ness knowing that the whole time they are breaking her heart. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] and i agree. Brooke really seems to me to have some issues too, but is just better at covering them up. she and Peyton have to having something in common to be friends, right? heh.

and i know the writers are going a somewhat lighthearted approach to Peyton now to make her more..."likable" as they say. or at least tolerable. but seriously, how is making her a backstabbing hypocrite who goes and makes out with her best friend's boyfriend going to make her any more likable?....it really made me mad when she said that whole "Trust him. Trust me." bit to Brooke and in the promo it shows something totally different. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

they should focus more on exploring the LP FRIENDSHIP and the Jake/Peyton relationship IMO.
...[:

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited bittersweetxkid ]

[ 01-27-2004: Message edited bittersweetxkid ]

-esther
bitterkidxsweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread