Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I don't like Brooke/Lucas. And I don't think it is appropriate to tongue your girlfriend in front of your uncle or any other family member.
azzro- get out my head. I just got done telling Whit that on IM. Didn't care for that at all.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for agreeing with me. I'm no prude, but that is a no no in my family and in my friends families.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Master Fan

Well, everyone has basically touched on most of what I liked about this ep.

A couple of things, I really want to see Deb/Nathan bond. I hate that there's no real closeness between them. I'm sure it's due to Deb's trips and Dan's control but I hope that changes in the future. I think Haley will be a great influence where Deb is concerned too.

Nathan getting it all off his chest with Dan, loved it! I just wish Dan would buy a few hundred clues already because roses sure aren't going to do it.

Peyton/Jake, it seemed quick too quick. But it didn't seemed forced either if that makes any kind of sense. I'm liking it so far.....
JulieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Extreme Fan

ok im so sick of brooke, i mean how can she not know how payton feels about lucas? i mean they are best friends right? i hope lucas realizes that his relationship with brooke wont meet up to his expectations. ugh, enough about that. anyways, haley and nathan are soooo cute together!! awww so cute. but i dont want them to move too fast, i mean sex already? uh no. well good episode overall

harry potter. hunger games. himym.
rOsWeLlBABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 12:22 AM
New Fan

I think Brooke has tried to talk to Peyton about Lucas a few times and Peyton has NEVER been honest with Brooke. Tonight brooke tried twice and both times Peyton misled her. Brooke has always liked Lucas and been honest about it. I think Brooke will be hurt in the long run.

Moving on I enjoyed seeing the three girls being friendly at the basketball court with the baby. Hopefully their relationships will go in a positive direction. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 12:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Pretty good episode tonight.

My favorite scene was without a doubt the basketball game at the end with Keith and Whitey looking on. What an excellent scene. Basketball is fun again! I loved seeing Nathan/Lucas treat each other civilizedly and them passing the ball to each other expressed so much. I love me some brotherly love. I also liked seeing Brooke/Peyton/Haley interact as well, I hope a friendship forms between them.

Another scene I adored was when Jake introduced Lucas to Jenny. That really was a beautiful scene. Jake cares so much about his daughter and he's not ashamed. She's his world.

Brooke/Lucas were all kinds of cute and sexy tonight with the handholding and the making out. I'm such a shipper. I'm glad its not all about sex. Sure, the make out scene was hot but you can tell that Brooke really does like Lucas. I can tell that Lucas does like Brooke, but he seems to be a bit unsure about the relationship. I admit I'm a bit concerned (and I'm not the only one) about their outcome but I'm sure it'll play out the way it should play out in the end. Gah, this is why I vowed never to watch a WB drama.

I don't agree with some people who've been saying that Brooke is so clueless to Peyton. Of course she's clueless. Over and over again, Brooke has asked Peyton if she liked Lucas. And over and over again, Peyton has said no. Brooke cares about Peyton, it's obvious. But, if Peyton won't give her a straight answer, I don't see how Brooke could know. Just my opinion. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Other things. Naley were cute. They haven't completely won me over but I like them. Dan is still a jackass. The Lucas/Deb interaction was nice. I really like the friendship that is forming between Haley/Peyton. And I like Peyton now. Oh, and Baby James and The Chad were all sorts of fine tonight!

Arggh. The previews for next week are evil. Stupid WB. I hate all this uncertainty I have over Brooke and Lucas. I don't want them to become a stepping stone for Peyton/Lucas. Oh well, I'll keep in mind that the WB is notorious for misleading trailers.

That's pretty much it for my long rant. All in all, good episode.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited Terpsichore ]
Old 01-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Total Fan

There are certain things that you shouldn't have to spell out for anyone with an ounce intelligence. But I guess yall are right, this is Brooke after all. Peyton should have made a Powerpoint presentation including bright colors and graphs just so Brooke could understand just why in the world she'd be upset by all this.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoxyBlueGirl7:
<STRONG>A few quick notes:
Loved all the Brooke/Peyton scenes. I was a little saddened at the end though when Brooke didn't understand why Peyton was upset. I really don't want Lucas to come between Brooke/Peyton's friendship.
</STRONG>
I enjoyed their scenes because they helped show what kind of friendship they really have. My thoughts are that Brooke didn't understand why Peyton was upset because they aren't on that level of friendship. I think Peyton realized this too. Which I think is fine because sometimes you just aren't on these levels with friends you hoped you'd be. I do feel that they have a cute friendship though. However, I feel that Haley could become the friend that Peyton needs on this level and for that i'm grateful and excited. I love their friendship.

I'm so grateful for this episode as a whole. It has finally helped me see where the characters are heading and how they are developing.

Lucas -- If this is how Lucas really is, i'm disappointed and disheartened. He's not the character I thought he was going to be. He still posseses some of the qualities that he had in the beginning of the season (like the way his friendship is with Haley, interaction with Jake, interaction with Nathan -- the kind interaction, and the kind interaction towards the end between both Deb and Keith). But I don't like how he was in the beginning of the episode and how he is with Brooke. Which brings me to...

Lucas and Brooke -- A couple of episodes ago I felt that I would be able to see them as a couple, but so far i'm detesting them completely. To me, this relationship is a stereotypical high school boy/girl-friend relationship that has no spark or anything. They are just together to be together and have some fun. Maybe in future episodes i'll be proved differently, but this is how i'm seeing them now.

Nathan -- It was finally proven how Nathan being around Dan makes Nathan more of a jerk. I absolutely loved how Nathan confronted this and talked about it to Haley. I'm excited to see his relationship with Deb flourish as well as the fabulous one he has with Haley [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] .

Nathan and Haley -- They are just too perfect for words. I love them together right now. He needs her, she needs him, and they are able to have fun together and just enjoy each other's company. "When you're ready, I will be too", "It's not about sex..". Ahhh! They're so cute it hurts! Their relationship just seems healthy to me and I love this.

Haley -- She's this incredible friend to Lucas, fabulous girlfriend to Nathan, and utterly adorable girlfriend of 'the son' to Deb. I really can't wait to see Haley and Deb's interaction and their relationship grow as well.

Peyton -- She has grown on me so much. I really hated her in the beginning. Now, I think I like her. Alot, actually. She was great in the episode tonight. I finally feel like I know somewhat how to read her and can feel what she feels when she feels it.

Peyton and Haley -- This is a cute friendship in the making. I know they are friends, but I can see their frienship growing into one of those kindred spirits/Anne of Green Gables - type friendships. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I can't wait to see more interaction between them.

Dan -- Well, we all know he is scum and continues to prove us right. Enough said.

Keith -- Props to him for trying to be good to Karen regarding the whole Lucas situation, but he did well with him in the end.

Whitey -- That was very noble of him to get rid of practice for awhile. I really enjoy his presence on screen.

Deb -- I love you. I love you. I love you. Kick Dan's butt some more, be great to Nathan and Haley some more and everyone else. She just says everything right at the right time. Good job.

Jake -- What a cutie. He's a cute dad and the way he is to everyone is really refreshing. He's so genuine and sweet. Very cool character.

Jake and Peyton -- I really already said what needs to be said about them above. They have the chemistry, i'm curious to see where the writers will take them..

The end basketball scene -- Damn. That's what it's all about. This was a very moving and inspirational scene. It made me want to get up and cut all the b.s. out of life and just do things that make me happy. I loved it so much. What else is there to say?

Sorry for this being so long, I just loved this episode and needed to write alot. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

.Z.
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]
zales00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Elite Fan

This was by far one of my favorite episodes. All of us girls in the dorm were freaking out because we just knew something was going to happen with Jake and Peyton. Ah, they're so cute. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

And then Gavin was in the episode! Woo! *jumps up and down* [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] Yes, good episode....

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Just bringin' it over from the N/H thread...

Ok, N/H freakin' rocked tonight. There weren't as many scenes as I would have liked, but every one of them rocked. I loved the first phone call, so very couply, and then at the end when he wanted to apologize but she just kissed him and understood. And of course the way he put his arm around her after talking to Deb. Awwww. They're such a *couple*! I love it.

Also loved Jake/Peyton. They've got some good chemistry and I can see their lives fitting in well together. I could see Peyton taking care of the baby and I could see Jake helping her make some sense of her life. I'm definitely rooting for these two because while I prefer Peyton with Luke over Brooke, I still like Jake a helluva lot more than I like Luke so I would definitely root for J/P over L/P. Which brings me to...

Luke and Brooke. I never cared for these two and tonight cemented that even more. And probably unlike most people, my problem is more with Lucas than with Brooke. I just cannot STAND that kid! I know it's his show and all, but could he be more of an ass? He apparently knows best in every situation, including ones where adults are involved (Keith and Deb) and ones he just walked into 2 seconds earlier (Jake). I could not believe Keith backed down because Lucas, a 16 year old boy he's supposed to be in charge of, decides he doesn't want to get told what to do. I can't believe Deb was about to apologize for telling Keith what she saw. If one of my parents' friends saw me doing something quesitionable when I was 16 they would have told my parents in a heartbeat. I mean, you'd have to be pretty audacious to go up to a friend of your mom's and tell her that she should talk to you first if she has a problem. Um, no, you're a kid and adults are in charge of your life. You don't just get to do whatever the hell you want. And the Jake thing! Lucas walks into the house and within 2 minutes is lecturing Jake about how he should handle his situation. A situation that he and his parents made a decision about, and yet Luke seems to think he knows what's best for their whole family. And Jake listened! Give me a feakin' break. They need to cut the Saint!Lucas crap because it's really making me hate the guy.

Oh yeah, L/B. They don't do anything for me. They're my least 2 favorite characters so as far as I'm concerned they deserve each other.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~DropsofJupiter~:
<STRONG>There are certain things that you shouldn't have to spell out for anyone with an ounce intelligence. But I guess yall are right, this is Brooke after all. Peyton should have made a Powerpoint presentation including bright colors and graphs just so Brooke could understand just why in the world she'd be upset by all this.</STRONG>
I completely get what you are saying -- You aren't alone here. If Peyton and Brooke were as close as they were made out to be, Brooke would have been able to tell what Peyton was really feeling from the moment Peyton told her about the night between her and Lucas: "half way through ripping each other's close off, I bailed.. he was talking about this big committment.. " I think Brooke should have been able to tell that this is just peyton being scared, but not necessarily against the thought of her and Lucas together comepletely.

I just think that if their friendship was different or played out the way it was assumed to be then they would have known each other better. But yes, Petyon probably should have been more aware of how Brooke is and how persuasive she can be when it comes to guys. I just think they aren't as 'deep' of friends as they were made out to be.

Brooke continuing to call Haley 'tutor girl'. This is annoying me. I think it wouldn't bother me if it was said more as an inside joke kinda thing, which it probably is, but I take it as Brooke being her obnoxious self to Haley some more. That's just the way it comes across like to me. Until that can be resolved, I don't like them being friends. They can all hang out, I suppose, but I don't see Haley and Brooke really ever becoming close.

.Z.
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]
Old 01-21-2004, 01:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I absolutely [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this episode!
I am still not sure I like the whole Brooke/Lucas thing...but its growing on me. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Up until tonight, I was really hoping for a Lucas/Peyton thing to develop.
I really felt for Peyton, having to see Lucas and Brooke together like that when she still has feelings for Lucas. It's hard enough seeing the guy you like with another girl, but its even worse when that girl is your best friend.
I am definitely liking the Peyton/Jake possibility. If something starts between the two of them, though, I'm really hoping its not just because she subconsciously feels she needs someone to get over Lucas.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:57 AM
Supreme Fan

I dunno, I kinda thought Brooke calling Haley "Tutor Girl" at the end *was* sort of an inside-joke moment, especially since she made up for being a bitch at Nathan's party. I don't think they dislike each other anymore and it didn't come off as malicious or mean-spirited to me. Especially since it was in the scene where everyone was holding hands and skipping around like one big happy family. I think that was supposed to cement it more that they were all becoming a big group instead of the popular kids (Nathan, Peyton and Brooke) vs the outsiders (Lucas and Haley).

I definitely agree that Brooke should have known why Peyton was upset. She knows that Luke and Peyton have a semi-history and were into each other before she entered the picture. Although Peyton has said that Luke is fair game, so I don't blame Brooke entirely, but to make it seem like she's clueless about Peyton's feelings was a bit contrived. She's been the one who was always saying how Peyton has a courtesy hold on Lucas because she sees that Peyton's got feelings for him. Now she acts like she has no idea why Peyton's upset. That was lame.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 02:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by christinedechagny:
<STRONG>I dunno, I kinda thought Brooke calling Haley "Tutor Girl" at the end *was* sort of an inside-joke moment, especially since she made up for being a bitch at Nathan's party. I don't think they dislike each other anymore and it didn't come off as malicious or mean-spirited to me. Especially since it was in the scene where everyone was holding hands and skipping around like one big happy family. I think that was supposed to cement it more that they were all becoming a big group instead of the popular kids (Nathan, Peyton and Brooke) vs the outsiders (Lucas and Haley).
</STRONG>
Oh I think it was said as an inside joke thing too, I just didn't like it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Maybe its because i'm not liking Brooke too much now or what.. I don't think they dislike each other either, but I don't think they'll ever really become 'close'. You never know though.

.Z.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

okay my last post before i go to bed. i really loved the bball scene at the end. and the girls being there to see their men play bball, that got me all giddy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] they were all so happy! the episode shouldve just ended there instead of the scene with dan and deb. that last scene just ruined the happy moment, imo.
dorqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread