Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oooh, Jakes and Peyton: eye contact!!

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
chocchipcooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Passionate Fan

No!! It's over!!! *tear*

Okay, I said I was gonna write a long comment. So, I'll make it as long as I can. I'm sure, being as scatterbrained as I am, that I'll forget lots of stuff but eh oh well.

I liked how it took off right where the last episode ended. Because I hate having to wonder what happened after. So this was good.

I would have liked the morning after scene to be a bit longer...but it was so cute! Nathan/Haley cuddlingness..you know how it is. Lurved it!

Brooke came to see Lucas so that they could go to school together I guess, since it was early in the morning and he had a school bag on. They started macking on eachother right in front of Keith..I was like WHOA NOW BUDDIES!

Karen catches Brooke and Lucas buying condoms and tells..dun dun dun...KEITH! Keith confronts Luke but they have another fight.

Dan takes Nathan away on vacation after Deb refused to go with him, and it didn't turn out so good.

Peyton and Haley are growing much closer. I like to see it, they could be great friends.

Lucas goes to Jake's house and Jake introduces him to Jenny, his six month old daughter. Luke tells Jake that he shouldn't hide her because she'd grow up to resent him.

Deb wants to hold an open mic night at the Cafe, and Haley and Peyton spend some time together making fliers and taping them around town....Peyton meets Gavin Degraw at THUD and invites him to come and sing...Jake sings at the cafe also, introducing Jenny to all of the people there. They're shocked, but all accept it...Peyton takes a liking to Jake. It's so obvious..and he likes her too.

Lucas invites Nathan to come and play basketball with him and his friends. Nathan accepts.

This isn't all in order and a lot of stuff is missing but I figured I didn't want to totally ruin it all for you guys! Hope you West Coasters don't get mad at me for this!

Previews for next week...Haley and Nathan get drunk..Haley PUKES ALL OVER DAN!! MWAHAHAHA I saw it..quite nasty. But Dan'st like "Wait until your mother sees you like this"..and Haley's just like "BLEH!!" Well you know, that barf noise. Heh, fun fun.

Nathan/Haley, Brooke/Lucas, Jude/Tommy, Spencer/Ashley
*^*Laur*^* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

A few quick notes:

Loved all the Brooke/Peyton scenes. I was a little saddened at the end though when Brooke didn't understand why Peyton was upset. I really don't want Lucas to come between Brooke/Peyton's friendship.

I also loved Peyton/Haley's scenes. I'm hoping we get more.

Uh..go Deb? I love Deb, even more so after this episode. Love Whitey and Keith too.

Jake is adorable with Jenny.

LMAO at the huge cheer for Gavin DeGraw. There's no way that many people without any notice of him being there would be fans. But, uh, that was clearly just for the purposes of the show. I was just amused by it.

The last scene was great. It was nice seeing everyone enjoy basketball once again, especially Nathan. I hope they'll try to play a few more games there once in awhile.
RoxyBlueGirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

I am so in love with Jake right now. I loved how he showed up at the Cafe with his baby, and his singing? Oh boy, he turned me into a puddle of goo. And those looks between him and Peyton, whew! Hot. I like.

As usual Dan drove me nuts, such a jerk. Loved Deb. Loved Nathan and Hayley, they're so freaking cute.

I really liked this episode. There's nothing I don't like about this show. It's very enjoyable.

PR
icon-Becca (onelove.oneheart)
Veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ok. I've had my fix now here are my comments.

Actually liking the P/L/B dynamic. Especially Peyton trying to figure out how she fits in. Lucas' choice seemed a little too easy. There is definately more to come in the future. It is not resolved.

Liked the Peyton/Jake look. Makes you say "hmmmm?"

Nathan and Haley, not enough for me. I would have liked them to have an intense conversation but looks like that might happen next episode. I liked how Haley didn't go balistic when Nathan started acting like a jerk when he was with his dad. She is so what he needs.

Is it me or are Keith and Whitey the next cute couple, in a platonic way. I'm really enjoying their pairing.

Dan, Dan, Dan. I think he really knows that he's an ass but refuses to let anyone see that he knows it. Too much invested in his image. Loved how Nathan went off on him on the golf course. Go Nathan, you are trying so hard not to be your father's son.

Deb totally rocks. Why was she ever with Dan.

The last basketball scene was too cute.

Things I thought were weird: Why did Lucas and Brooke leave the grocery store without their purchase of condoms and whipped cream? Why did no one seem overly surprised that Jake has a daughter? That should have been more shocking.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
veracity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Passionate Fan

I liked how mostly everybody got along in the end, but come on..you KNOW it's not gonna stay that way!!! I was just like..yeah, things seem fine now, boys! You just wait!!!

Okay..and I saw the promo for next week...was Haley like HIDING behind Nathan??? LOL Nathan looked hot. Hot drunk boy. Woot.

Nathan/Haley, Brooke/Lucas, Jude/Tommy, Spencer/Ashley
*^*Laur*^* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

The best part of this episode of course was Nathan/Haley. They are so damn cute! The morning scene was cute and sweet but could have been a bit longer. I loved it when Nathan snuck up behind Haley. I also loved it when Nathan put his arm around Haley and walked out of the kitchen. I know it may not be much but to me it was sweet.

I don't know what it is but I don't really like Lucas/Brooke anymore. They kinda got together a bit fast.

The couple that really looks interesting to me is Peyton/Jake. Damn those looks were hot!!! They definately could be a great coulpe on the show! I think I found a new ship! This is weird becuz i'm not a big Peyton fan but now she's one of my favs!

Next week looks absolutely hilarious! Haley puking on Dan is priceless. Drunk Haley should be fun to see!
.Bianca.
that_70s_gurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Loyal Fan

haha, yea she was hiding behind him!! I was laughing my BUTT OFF!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Favorite Lines of the night:
'HOS OVER BROS'.....
'you can't stop me from seeing nathan
JUST TRY ME!!!'
'Jerk never called u back'
best eppy so far!! I think next week might just top it though, cuz, well, u'll see the previews!! HAHAHA
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
BBallinGurl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thank God that horrible hiatus is finally over! I think I squealed for about 5 minutes straight when the show first began.

I liked how the episode picked up where it left off and didn't fast-forward a day or something.

Nathan and Haley were really cute in this episode. The first scene with them in the bedroom was cute, but I kind of wish they had talked about what happened to Nathan with the drugs. I liked how Haley didn't flip out on Nathan when he basically hung up on her. She knows how his dad is with him and she's a good person.

I hate Dan. Not much else on the subject except for the fact that I love Deb for sticking up for herself and not letting Dan get to her. Loved when Nathan yelled at his dad for his mom and himself.

For some reason, Lucas kind of annoyed me with Keith. He treated Keith like crap and I was pissed up until the very end when he was more Lucas-like.

The Lucas/Haley scene was cute and I'm glad we got something with them. Although I wish there were a few more scenes with them instead of Brooke/Lucas but oh well.

I'm also really enjoying the Peyton and Haley friendship.I think I am foreseeing some good scenes between the two.

Now onto the infamous Brooke/Lucas/Peyton triangle. I'm kind of in awe that Brooke doesn't realize the real reason Peyton is upset, but I'm not holding it against her since Peyton could have said something. However, I felt so incredibly bad for Peyton in this episode and she really needs someone good in her life.

The ending was very cute. I loved seeing Nathan all happy and Peyton, Haley, and Brooke talking was nice. It was girl fun, I hope we get more scenes with them.

Now onto my absolute favorite part, Jake. Oh how I love thee. He definatly has to be a main character because he is just great. I love the talk between him and Lucas. And the whole looks between him and Peyton thing? I'm sensing a relationship brewing, which I would be a total fan of because they seem to have the chemistry.

Next week looks pretty interesting. I don't know if it's because the WB is shoving L/B down my throat, but I'm already tired of them (no offense to anyone), but the Peyton and her dad looks interesting.

And Haley puking on Dan? Priceless. Can't wait. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited CutieKatie ]
Old 01-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

This one is my favorite episode. Nathan and Haley where adorable as usual and I really enjoyed Brooke and Lucas even though I'm getting the impression that the writers are hinting that Brooke/Lucas are just a stepping stone to Lucas's next relationship with Peyton's remark about Brooke not being the dating type in the last episode and Haley's epic romance comment in this one.

As much as I enjoyed N/H and L/B my absolute favorite was the Brooke/Peyton/Haley interraction at the basketball court. I had a big smile on my face when Brooke greeted Haley and they gave each other a friendly smile or at least I think they did.
I hope it's the beginning of the tension between Brooke and Haley disappearing and becoming close friends and hanging out with Peyton at the same time.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited NathanHaleyLucasFan ]
Crystal_Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lucas to Haley:...and she's not covered head to toe in issues.

Hee. Loved it. Loved it all.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited sullyvann ]
Old 01-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Loved tonights episode! But I just wanted to make sure if I got a few things right:

The Brooke/Lucas/Peyton triangle:

Ok so when Peyton came over he must have told Brooke that he needed to speak to Peyton alone for a minute. He then must have told Peyton that he is with Brooke. I'm assuming he asked Brooke to leave for a minute, because she didn't know why Peyton came over. Remember, Peyton said she just came over because of a CD she borrowed or her borrowed, whatever. So as far as Brooke knows, Peyton and Lucas are just friends. She didn't realize why Peyton was upset because she thought Peyton was over Lucas. And since she didn't know the real reason why Peyton came over, she didn't know why she was upset at the end.

Ok what I just wrote, does that make sense? Because I wasn't sure if I interpretted the events in this episode correctly or not. I guess this is what happened. I think they left some of it up for assumption. So this is what I got from it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 10:44 PM
LTL
Master Fan

HSA: That's the same thing I thought about what must have happened with P/L/B.

Loved this ep, and it was so good to have it back after way too long! Two things -- Much as I love Jake, I thought Peyton's interest in him was way too quick. A half hour earlier, she was broken-hearted over Lucas, and now she's hot for Jake? And why the sudden interest? Does a baby make him sexy? I think they'd make a good couple -- I just thought her interest was too fast.

The Lucas-Jake scene with the baby went in a different direction than I thought it would. I thought L would suddenly realize how quickly he could be in Jake's shoes and might back off a little with Brooke, but he was the one giving lessons to Jake in how to treat his daughter. Cool that they didn't go with the cliche.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited LTL ]
Old 01-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Loved tonights ep.
I wanted nathan to hit Dan with the golf club.
I suprisingly loved Peyton and Jake. I liked the way he looked at her.
N/H was cute and sweet.
The end scene was really uplifting, Dan probably wouldn't get it.
I don't like Brooke/Lucas. And I don't think it is appropriate to tongue your girlfriend in front of your uncle or any other family member.
Lucas got on my nerves,when he told Keith, "your not my mom or my mom's boyfriend". I wanted to slap him. No Luke he's not your mom or her boyfriend, but he is your uncle, your surrogate father, and he has always taken care of you.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited azzro ]
Old 01-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Now onto the infamous Brooke/Lucas/Peyton triangle. I'm kind of in awe that Brooke doesn't realize the real reason Peyton is upset, but I'm not holding it against her since Peyton could have said something. However, I felt so incredibly bad for Peyton in this episode and she really needs someone good in her life.
I'm in awe as well. It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to see how and why Peyton is upset over Luke and Brooke. And really Brooke's being so slow on the uptake about this HUGE thing points to a greater character flaw to me and is the reason why I said in the N/H thread I'd rather have Peyton as Haley's (who I love) friend rather than Brooke. To Brooke all the stuff that happened with Peyton and Lucas before was just a game. Because why else would Brooke think that Peyton would just casually forget that it all happened just because she is now knocking the boots with Luke.
It comes across like to Brooke Lucas is just a piece of meat and either one of them could have them, she's just the lucky one who does. And that mindset is kinda superficial and without any true depth of feeling or emotions. Much like I see the Lucas/Brooke relatinship.

Yeah, Peyton has issues. But issues equal layers. And I'd rather have layers any day over a lack of depth.