Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2017, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

- The look on Lucas' face when he anticipated seeing Peyton's strip was... trueeeee loveeee.

- Oh Nathan, Peyton is so done with you, dude. lol So funny how he doesn't think so.

- Keith is such a decent, good guy.

- Notice how Peyton freaked out during practice and when Nathan approaches Brooke on Peyton's whereabouts, how does Brooke react? She never said she was worried about Peyton, nothing like that. The self centered witch (sorry she is) made it ALL about her, acting ticked off that Peyton had the nerve to go "psycho on her" at practice. Oh yes, Brooke, everything is about you, it's all about you, nevermind that your best friend is struggling with something and how dare you make it about you, as usual! Just gross.

- Whitey and Peyton at the cemetery is just so awesome. Hilarie looks so beautiful in that scene. Whitey's words are so touching. What a guy.

- Nathan and Haley are evolving! You just see the peanut butter and jelly.

- Oh, these Peyton/Whitey scenes are so gorgeous, I totally forgot about how beautiful these scenes are.

- The Lucas/Peyton scene on the bridge is...

- I wonder why Nathan wants Peyton back so much. I can't figure out why. Is he afraid of being alone? I wonder what the reason is.

- Dan was such a prick during the game. Wow. I remember the moments playing basketball and having daughter/parents night. Awe, the memories. Thankfully, my dad is more like Keith, haha.

- The moment when Lucas helped Nathan up was actually the very first ever "moment" between Lucas and Nathan. Of course, Nathan blew it a bit with his reaction but it was the very first time that the two brothers sort of came together against their dad.

- Peyton was so going to school for Lucas.

- Where was Brooke while Peyton struggled all episode long? She was ticked, made it about her, and never fricken bothered to see if Peyton was okay.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Annnd previously...

Annnd the running lights. Damn the kind of mirroring they did with that and Lucas seeing her lights drawing is powerful. And it ends with him seeing her.

Haley avoiding Lucas They really just gotta talk. And now they have, kind of, and he knows she's doing it for him.

Nathan thinking it isn't really over between him and Peyton Ridiculous level of cocky.

Lucas/Haley They were perfect in this season. Perfect. I cannot even!!

The article mentioning Lucas... poor guy. Dan you still suck.

Deb actually wanting to encourage Nathan and Lucas to get along is everything.

The fact that Peyton isn't mad at Nathan anymore says it all. She just doesn't care anymore, she really is done.

Whitey He is everyone's father figure. Everyone's voice of reason.

Peyton dropping those truth bombs on Brooke. Probably not the best time and not in the best way, but doesn't make her less accurate.

Lucas asking Keith

Dan. Ruining a perfectly good scene with his douchebag ways

"Keith isn't exactly a father." Says Dan, dad of the year...

Roof golf with Karen "It's just a name, Luke. What you do with it is up to you."

The fact that Nathan, the ex boyfriend that treated her like ****, is more concerned about Peyton that her supposed best friend, says it all.

"Now that Nathan and I broke up I've got room for a new bad habit."

This Peyton/Whitey scene Always going to love it even if they did retcon the Peyton looking like Anna thing with Ellie. Also parallel alert - "She was a wily one, your old man never stood a chance" is pretty much the same thing random airport dude said to Lucas about Peyton.

"You know me and Peyton broke up?" "Peyton and I." "She broke up with you, too?"

Lucas just jumping into Peyton's car because he knows she's putting herself at risk. Also she kind of implies she's trying to kill herself by running red lights because her mother ran one and died and she runs them all the time and "nothing happens."

"You can be ashamed of me, and you can be ashamed of Lucas, but what makes you think we're not just as ashamed of you?" YASSS!!!

Peyton going to talk to Whitey

Nathan acknowledging he treated Peyton badly was his first real moment of growth.

We should have got far more Peyton/Whitey scenes.

Haley talking about tutoring The passion she has for it!

Deb/Nathan. I wish she had been the parent she had the potential to be. Nathan sure needed it.

"I've been thinking about you." "Try a cold shower."

Lucas saying he would gladly erase Dan to bring back Peyton's mum

Nathan really does not want to give it up, and Peyton just isn't interested. He actually seems kind of pathetic in this scene, like he just doesn't want to be alone.

And then in the next scene Nathan ruins it by making it clear he is still using Haley.

Playing the theme during the game And cutting to Peyton and the lights again.

Dan did not like Nathan getting past him.

Dan is literally an uber jerk and Keith trying to talk him down was futile but a nice effort.

It's a shame they didn't do more with this Peyton story. The reckless actions etc. should have been a bigger story. It's not healthy to react that way when you're upset but she never had a parent around to show her that.

Lucas helping him up Could that be a bigger screw you to Dan?

"You don't deserve my best game, dad." YESSS!!!

"Proud to have you as my dad for the night." He's always been your dad, Lucas. In every way that matters.

Quote:
Notice how Peyton freaked out during practice and when Nathan approaches Brooke on Peyton's whereabouts, how does Brooke react? She never said she was worried about Peyton, nothing like that. The self centered witch (sorry she is) made it ALL about her, acting ticked off that Peyton had the nerve to go "psycho on her" at practice. Oh yes, Brooke, everything is about you, it's all about you, nevermind that your best friend is struggling with something and how dare you make it about you, as usual! Just gross.
It's not surprising at all. Very typical of her.

Quote:
Peyton was so going to school for Lucas.
Seemed that way to me, too. The question is, why, she didn't really stick around long enough to answer that one. Got scared?

Quote:
Where was Brooke while Peyton struggled all episode long? She was ticked, made it about her, and never fricken bothered to see if Peyton was okay.
Kind of as expected for her character at this point, tbh. She didn't even notice that anything was wrong with Peyton to begin with, and when it was made unmistakably clear to her she made it about herself. And this is a person that Peyton later says knew her when her mother died and should have known what day it was.

Side Note: The DVD menu has parts of the River Court ground at the top and the bottom and the art and stuff they put there when they graduated in season 4 is on it. Not relevant, just interests me.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate seeing Lucas and Haley avoiding each other, I was glad when they finally talked on the rooftop

I love that Lucas asked Keith to play in the father/son game. No matter what Keith will always have been Lucas's dad growing up. I love that Lucas decided to keep the Scott name because of Keith!

Dan is the absolute worst, as usual. But him taking the game so seriously and knocking Nathan down I love when Lucas helped him up!! "You don't deserve my best game dad" Yes, Nathan!! And how he stands back and Dan takes the winning basket showing everyone that he's that horrible!

On to Peyton. I feel for her so much!! More so now than I even did back then. I just recently lost my dad so the scene with Whitey and Peyton in the cemetery really got to me (and I know future SL's are going to be hard especially Haley and her mom's in S7). But I love the support Whitey gave her, and the words of wisdom he offered. It was very sweet! I also love that Lucas didn't know what was going on and didn't give up on her, he got in the car with her despite it being dangerous to try to get her to see reason and tell him what was going on. It's infuriating that Brooke and Nathan (who were the two closest people to her in the beginning) didn't know, especially Brooke since we later know that she was there for Peyton and cried with her when her mom died.

Anyways I loved the episode!!
Old 09-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No matter what Keith will always have been Lucas's dad growing up.
That's for sure, and I wish that had been acknowledged more.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 08-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Peyton and that stop light. Haley avoiding Lucas… Haley confesses. Finally, it’s about time. I honestly don’t believe her that she is only hanging out with Nate for Luke. I think she likes him.
More basketball . Again with the dunking all the time. Back to the café, Luke apologizes? But Haley lied to him… weird. Now the truth comes out, Haley doesn’t want to stop tutoring Nathan. She can’t even be honest with herself.

The newspaper article.. Dan wanting his sons to fight just proves how selfish he really is.

Nathan/Peyton are over and Brooke is still prowling around. Nathan is running game on Haley and Haley is in the dark. Whitey gives. A lot of speeches. I had forgotten about that.

Cheerleading… Peyton is crazy . She is a lack of cheer leader…

Keith is always working. At least his business is going well. Dan is riding his bike. It needs a bell and some of those old spooky stokes. Dan just go away. Seriously what villain rides a peddle bike? I wish it had a bell so he could have rang it as he left the building. Lucas wants to change his last name.. I hope he takes Skywalker. That would be hilarious.

Dan tattles on Keith/Luke to Whitey? He is such a child. Man the speechifier is at it again. Whitey needs to carry around a soap box for these occasions.
Mini golf again? These people are all about sports.

Nathan/Brooke scene. Hey they finally talked. Peyton is smoking.. lol. She has the worst lighter. Whitey drags his soapbox over to the cemetery. It’s kind of weird that Whitey says Peyton has her mother’s looks. Peyton seems more human now. More likable.

Nathan got a D. Good for him, Haley correcting his grammar is obnoxious. It’s even more obnoxious that she is giving him relationship advice. What is with this red light go thing with Peyton? Did she fail drivers ed? What the hell? All of these kids need a shrink. Where are the cops in this town.

Keith drinking at work… I like the cut of his jib. Dan is such an a$$. Why is he harassing everyone. Keith should beat the crap out him. Seriously I could watch an hour of him getting beaten up by various cast members.

Peyton in the boys locker room. Whitey doesn’t react.. .

Haley really wants Nathan.. She is asking him personal questions. She totally wants him. She is not the greatest friend.

Whitey/Petyon – bonding over dead relatives. It’s sweet, but it is also creepy teen girl hanging out with the high school coach outside of school…

More mini golf. What are you wearing Haley? She is justifying this thing with Nathan… Just tutoring him.. Liar..

I think I pulled a kidney . Oh boy Keith.. I wish Keith and Karen got together this season.

Deb thinks she is going to control the situation… She is so naïve. Nathan has more insight ast what 15 then his mother .

Lucas/Peyton -How big is this town? They know nothing about each other? Weird.. Luke really likes her. I am starting to like her now. She is so much better without Nathan around.

Dan seriously needs to move on from high school. It’s really sad. Deb this conversation is not going to go well. He is kind of sad.

Nathan is back to Peyton… She’s just not that into you dude. Why do guys think girls want to watch them play sports? Does Peyton ever lock her door?

Haley hugging Nathan is so transparent. I don’t see her hugging the ugly guys she tutors .
She can’t have it both ways, but she is trying.

Father/son basketball – cue the stretchers.. People cheering for Dan? Has anyone met the guy? The old guys have hustle. Peyton is running redlights. Dan is taking this way too seriously. He needs something in his life. Why would you want to compete against teenagers? He is so lame.

Petyon is still playing road warrior. Seriously are there no traffic cameras? Haley/Lucas – Haley is lying… Lucas is suspicious. Haley is still wearing the bracelet. Oh Haley…

Dan just charged his son… What a d-bag. He is so embarrassing. Luke to the rescue. Nathan lets him win… Sad. Would someone please kick his a$$? Keith is the better brother by far. Luke wants to be a Scott after all. I still think Skywalker would have been better.

There are a lot of triangles on this show. Finally Peyton figures out what the colours on the traffic lights mean.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the review

Seeing Keith call Dan out on the last name situation was by far my favourite scene in the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
That's for sure, and I wish that had been acknowledged more.
It sucks that they didn't acknowledge it while Keith was alive.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

X

Leigh Tumblr
Reply   Post New Thread