Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

[Episode Discussion] 1x04 - "Crash Into You" [Rewatch - 19th/20th August 2017]

"Everyone thinks I'm some kind of victim, I chose this and if I'd have to do it over, we'd still be having this
conversation" - Karen Roe

1x04 - Crash Into You
October 14th, 2003

Haley convinces Lucas to go with the team to an after-party at Nathan's beach house in the hopes that the guys will become closer. When Lucas sees the wealth that was denied him, he finally confronts his mother about why she let Dan ignore them. Meanwhile, when Nathan's mom returns home to find a very angry son, she turns to Karen for advice.

Rules:

- Please respect others' opinions and remember not everyone will like or dislike the same things about the episode.

- Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.

- Please no bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases or other posters. Please treat others respectfully.

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls

Last edited by BlondieLeigh; 07-14-2017 at 04:38 PM
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

I just watched 1x04.

Favorite

NH were looooove in this ep, the scene where Nathan pretends to introduce himself was one of the moments where I really noticed the chemistry between them. And also when they were talking on the docks, I think that's my favorite scene of the episode. I love how Haley deals with Nathan, she doesn't treat him like an idiot and listens to him, but she also doesn't let herself be manipulated by him(like with his comments about she and Lucas fighting).

Least Favorite

Peyton/Nathan what a joke. It was so clear that he didn't give a rip about her. This ep made me really grateful that Mark decided not to do the NPL triangle in the end, because it would have been really hard for me to believe that Nathan cared enough to make NP a viable option in the triangle.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i can barely remember these episodes
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I will my post my houghts after I watched 1x06

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 PM
New Fan

Gonna post my thoughts on all three epi.'s...might be long, lol.

1x04

Disliked: Nathan was just a jerk to everyone…Lucas, Peyton, the way he was playing Haley. I mean, it seemed like he went out of his way to be the worst person he could in this episode. Also, for Nate and Brooke being the only constants in Peyton’s life (shown thus far and as we’ll come to see), they both tore her down a lot in this episode. With friends like these, who needs enemies…

Liked: For some reason, the little scene between Haley and Peyton by the bathroom; esp. H’s face after P says the thing about H saying a lot when she keeps her mouth shut. Also liked how P ended things with N at the end…how she kinda stood up for herself, Luke, and Haley (even if she was pretty mean about it). Oh, and Luke’s whole thing with Peyton’s car and not letting N do another bad thing to her.

1x05

This is just one of my fave episodes! I like how we start to get the first hint that Haley likes Nate as a potential romance, Keith’s whole attitude with the father/son game (and how he defended N a little, too), LH’s friendship moment on the roof, Peyton’s walk through the locker room and the reaction it got, the tiny moment when L helps N up on the court, and N’s concern about P even though he attributed her behavior to a reason it wasn’t caused by (because at least it showed he cared a little).

My absolute favorite part was getting the background on Peyton and her family…how Luke helped her even though they’re still barely getting to know each other (btw, where was her BFF who was supposedly there when it happened?). However, the scenes with Peyton and Whitey are what make the episode for me, esp. the “they’re all tough” moment.

1x06

Disliked: the adult stuff. Nothing against it, I was just antsy to get to the teens, lol. Also, B’s rude comment to PH about it being tragic if they think they’ll be friends now (just mean).

Liked: Brooke’s apology cheer; it was cute. The bickering between LN on the court before their fight: N to L “Haley looks fine…can’t wait to get with that” and L to P “I saw Nathan in the shower…no wonder you broke up with him” N slams basketball at L. All of it just made me laugh. And B being high the rest of the episode

I thought this episode did a lot to start building foundations. The Scott boys took some time to talk and start getting insight into each other’s worlds (or at least N’s). They worked together against those guys and seemed to start seeing each other as more than the ‘other son’ of Dan.

I loved how organically the PH friendship started here; they didn’t become insta!friends or suddenly have everything in common. Rather, they talked about the two things they knew both had an interest in (LN), there was awkwardness, and surprise (like having the same taste in music), and fun. A lot of potential even if they were from different social worlds; like the scene at the end demonstrated, with the uncertainty of approach. At this point in the season, both Peyton and Haley were my favorite characters so I was happy to see them start to interact and discover each other.
McPsyched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Disliked: the adult stuff. Nothing against it, I was just antsy to get to the teens, lol. Also, B’s rude comment to PH about it being tragic if they think they’ll be friends now (just mean).
Agree with both. Watching the show now I'm more interested in the adult stuff, but at 13 I was much more interested in the hot guys nah but really, I didn't care about the adults at first and thought they focused too much on them, but now I get that really it was necessary to develop the adult characters to establish the back story and learn more about the teens.

and Brooke, ugh she annoyed me in 1x06. She was so shallow and annoying with her obsession with the social standings.

Positives about 1x06:
-NL! Their little bondind sesh was nice, and I loved Witey for kicking them off the bus
-PH. I wasn't a fan of PH friendship starting in S3, but in S1 it really was great. The only time I liked Peyton was when she was around Haley, she was much less angsty and HBIC(I consider that a bad thing, btw. still not sure why people think it's soooo amazing to be a huge bitch) when she wasn't with boys.
-
Old 11-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was interested in the adult story lines. Most shows I watched never even gave story lines to parents unless it went with the kids. So it was a nice change
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
New Fan

lol, ironically, the first time I watched the series I was really interested in the adult storylines. Like you said a creative one, not a lot of shows do that well or at all, so it was nice. But on re-watch (now that I know things and have biases ) I just want to skip to the 'good' parts!

Quote:
Positives about 1x06:
-NL! Their little bondind sesh was nice, and I loved Witey for kicking them off the bus
-PH. I wasn't a fan of PH friendship starting in S3, but in S1 it really was great. The only time I liked Peyton was when she was around Haley, she was much less angsty and HBIC(I consider that a bad thing, btw. still not sure why people think it's soooo amazing to be a huge bitch) when she wasn't with boys.
Whitey is the best, isn't he?! I love that guy, lol.

Yeah, I was a fan of PH in the early seasons and started becoming indifferent to it in the third season. But I think my reasoning is a little different, lol. I liked Peyton's angsty self (not a lot of shows went that in-depth to characters) and never considered her bitchy. I thought she was more defensive. She was just blase with everyone, and only was 'bitchy' to Nate or Luke so far; N for the obvious fact that he treated her just as badly, and L because he tried to see too much. (haha, boy was practically a light, non-psychotic stalker at this point!) I think PH have some okay moments in the later seasons, but I was sad the writers dropped the friendship they had developed in s1/s2. re-watching has made me miss it...
Old 11-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

I think there are many characters on tv who have depth, but are also not as over the top with the angst as Peyton was, or with the bitchiness as Brooke was. Writers often give characters those characteristics to try to show depth, but I think with OTH it was just TOO over the top for me to find the characters relateable or to find them likeable at all. I go for the more understated characters. of course that's all just my opinion
Old 11-20-2011, 06:21 PM
New Fan

lol, I don't watch a lot of TV, so I can't say much for other shows, but some I've seen don't always flesh out their characters as fully as OTH did some of theirs. As a standalone, I personally think OTH had every character too something; there's not really one of the focal characters I'd term understated. Even Whitey (who I love!) was at times too wise; or Karen too wronged or too great; or Dan too awful (so much more they could've done with him before they went for the cartoonish villian!); or Haley too righteous; or Lucas too soulful or too oblivious. OTH isn't a show for the understated, lol. I don't think there wasn't a time each and every character didn't annoy me greatly for some reason or another But I still love them
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

that's not really what I mean by subtle, I mean I usually prefer the characters who writers don't necessarily focus on the most, who are more in the background and develop at a slower pace, rather than being in your face all the time with their problems and issues.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:50 AM
New Fan

oh, sorry about the misunderstanding lol. Understated usually means 'avoiding embellishment' which is more about the characteristics writers give than screen time, so I mis-interpreted. But I can see your point too. probably explains why Whitey is my second-fave on this show...and I only have 2 favorites!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

This thread had 3 episodes in it, but lets keep this thread for discussion of episode 4, "crash into you."

i am going to start threads for 1x05 and 1x06 so they have their own thread since we are revamping the op and we would like for them all to get their own thread.

Regarding episode 4, it's one of my favorite episodes of season 1. i love that NP broke up because nathan was an ass.

i loved all the NH scenes and the LP scenes.

Brooke was pretty awful to Haley this episode. No bueno.

the party at the beach house was fun, i like when everyone is together!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Crash Into You was such an important episode It really got the two groups together. Haley and Lucas going to a party at Nathan's house. Of course him being a complete jackass showing Dan and Karen's prom video. Then Nathan leaving the car in the middle of the street after crashing it and leaving it for Lucas to deal with.

Then by the end of the night, Haley was really starting to get inside of Nathan's head.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know. Brooke and haley started off rocky.