Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
Lucas taking the Scott name off his jersey was the point that he wasn't going to let Dan control his life. And it was really strange that Dan looked surprised that Lucas did that. Like there was one person in the Tree Hill world that he couldn't control or work his magic and manipulate. And that, I think, is the reason why he was more aggressive with Nathan. The more feelings or emotions Dan had welling up inside, he took out on Nathan in being aggressive with basketball. Like when Deb had the affair, Dan was a nightmare on Nathan.
I agree about Dan taking it out on Nathan. It's like every time something threatened Dan, he had to show himself and everyone that he was better; part of how he did that was belittle and ride Nathan. I think he was surprised about Lucas taking the name off, not because it was one less person he had control over, but because he had this idea that Lucas would want to find a place in Dan's world. Like he couldn't fathom that Lucas could find Dan unnecessary or not worth knowing...like only the reverse could be true.

I completely agree about Whitey. He's just this amazing presence in the show; especially s1. Makes me wonder about all the things he's seen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by a creative one (View Post)
That relationship always confuses me. There is a picture later in Season 2 that shows Peyton and Nathan in what looks like Hawaii on a family vacation and they look really happy. And a couple of times Peyton mentions they way they used to be. But we really never got that idea. All we got was they fought all the time and Nathan constantly belittling Peyton for having a coherent thought about how he could be a better person. I think Nathan and Peyton's relationship was primarily based on sex and the fact that they had no one else to talk to. Deb wasn't around that much so Nathan was left with Dan and Larry was gone most of the time and Peyton was alone in the house. So it probably was a good place for them to talk to each other about absentee parents and how much better it is at school or on the court or any other place besides home. But with Dan so "involved" in Nathan's high school basketball career, made it hard to 'get away' from the one that knocks him down. That's just the way I saw it. Because otherwise their relationship was based on sex and eventually Peyton knew that wasn't enough. I think Nathan figured it out but was afraid to lose just one thing in his life that was maybe just one thing to look forward to.

But my thing is wondering why the relationship started in the first place and how it got to be so bad. I don't think it started out based on sex, because they were only 14 ish when they started dating, and there's a scene when Peyton's talking to Haley...it's implied that Peyton eventually caved in and slept with Nathan because he pressured her after she kept cutting things off and making him upset. By the time we met them, it was horrible and mainly physical, but...*shrug*. In s2, doesn't that race-car girl say Nate used to be sweet? so, what happened to that? And did P only put up with it when it got bad because she was lonely, or did she think he'd eventually go back to being a good guy? (like she told him once "you're turning into the kind of guy I always knew you could be"). There's just so much they never explained here...so much potential wasted, imo.
McPsyched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPsyched (View Post)
I think he was surprised about Lucas taking the name off, not because it was one less person he had control over, but because he had this idea that Lucas would want to find a place in Dan's world. Like he couldn't fathom that Lucas could find Dan unnecessary or not worth knowing...like only the reverse could be true.
that is true too. i guess he thought living a less than luxurious life would make Lucas want to live in his very entitled world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPsyched (View Post)
But my thing is wondering why the relationship started in the first place and how it got to be so bad. I don't think it started out based on sex, because they were only 14 ish when they started dating, and there's a scene when Peyton's talking to Haley...it's implied that Peyton eventually caved in and slept with Nathan because he pressured her after she kept cutting things off and making him upset. By the time we met them, it was horrible and mainly physical, but...*shrug*. In s2, doesn't that race-car girl say Nate used to be sweet? so, what happened to that? And did P only put up with it when it got bad because she was lonely, or did she think he'd eventually go back to being a good guy? (like she told him once "you're turning into the kind of guy I always knew you could be"). There's just so much they never explained here...so much potential wasted, imo.
their relationship was very...weird. no one was able to understand it. it's like Peyton was the only one who understood him and I could never figure out why. I guess she just held onto the guy she met, as you said, at 14 and thought that maybe he would go back to that guy. but it's a lot to hang on to for what he put her through.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

i liked episode 2, but not as much as the pilot.

LP had some great scenes and it was a cute introduction to brooke. she was light and fun and they definitely needed that on the show!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm kinda frightened at what I posted 4 years ago
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

me too patricia.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like the nathan and peyton relationship too much, but theyre sweet. I love all the leyton though and Jake is by far my favorite.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I don't like the nathan and peyton relationship too much, but theyre sweet. I love all the leyton though and Jake is by far my favorite.
they never really had that much chemistry as a couple. I always felt that the way he looked/treated her was the way abusive people treat their women.
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like them as a couple too much, but as friends I did.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

i'm just glad he never hit her.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think he ever would have.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

well that's good.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it is.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

First glimpse of Peyton's drawings.

Lucas and Nathan's fight.

"He wasn't swinging at me, Dad. He was swinging at you." Beautiful.

JAKE.

Nathan is such a butt.

Peyton throwing away her scrapbook. Love what Lucas did for her.

Coach is a sweet guy.

Nathan quitting the team? Yeah. Right.

Lucas talking about Dan and tearing up.

Dan calling Lucas "son" thinking it was Nathan, HOW AWKWARD.

Your art matters. It's what got me here.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
First glimpse of Peyton's drawings.

Lucas and Nathan's fight.

"He wasn't swinging at me, Dad. He was swinging at you." Beautiful.

JAKE.

Nathan is such a butt.

Peyton throwing away her scrapbook. Love what Lucas did for her.

Coach is a sweet guy.

Nathan quitting the team? Yeah. Right.

Lucas talking about Dan and tearing up.

Dan calling Lucas "son" thinking it was Nathan, HOW AWKWARD.

Your art matters. It's what got me here.
Season 1 was great!
Old 08-19-2016, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode. Loved the story line for Lucas
Reply   Post New Thread