Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2004, 06:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

The uk O.C. Thread #1 where just waiting for the start

ok i have started this Thread so that us luck People who have E4 can talk about it whan whay air the o.c

anyone know than e4 will start to air O.C.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

I read in the Sunday times last weekend, that both Channel four and E4 will start showing the O.C. in March, but they didnt give a precise date. Think it is meant to replace Dawson's Creek

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
SPICEYBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

didn't dc already finish on e4? i wish they would start it on e4 early atleast.

someone said they were promoting it on t4 as the new lineup. i hope that isn't true because it's not really a show that should be shown during the day time. they should give it a good evening slot.
~Maz~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yep on E4 Dawson's Creek has finished (well at least series six has, I dont know about repeast) as the rights to show the episodes have been sold to channel five, think it started last saturday lunchtime. Would have thought they would have wanted to put the oc on at a more primetime slot because it is meant to be gritter and more sexy than Dawson's and if they want it to be succesful, they have to put it on at time when people will watch it. I remeber years ago when Dawson's used to be on during the week at 6pm and then repeated at the weekend

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
SPICEYBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Addicted Fan

I can't imagine it being aired at the midday slot that DC used to fill. If it did, it would be edited to death. There's a fair amount of drugs, "bad" language & general misbehaviour so they'd have to cut out half the episode if they want to air during T4 on a Sun/Sat afternoon... Then again, that probably wouldn't bother them too much, cutting out entire scenes seems to be a hobby of Channel 4's... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I wish they'd just go ahead & show it though. Its flying over here in Ireland, but I wanna record it & the reception for the channl its aired on over here isn't great. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

PLEASE get on with it, Channel4!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hey, I came over to the board to see whether or not there was an air date for the OC on E4. I saw an advert for it the other day, can't for the life of me remember what I was watching, but it like had The O.C listed as part of it's Febuary line up, but it now being like mid febuary and there being no specific air date for it yet it's probably not going to be shown this month! Anyone got any more news on airdates yet?

As for time slots I think that on E4 it'll have an 8pm/9pm weekday slot like Smallville & Dawson's Creek have/had. I don't know about Channel 4, but when Dawson's Creek first aired way back when it was on at like 6.30/7ish if i remember correctly on a saturday night, maybe they'll do something like that?

Anyway that's all I have to say [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Take Care

Dawn xXx

Icon: Diane(EgyptianPixie)
Dawnie_AngelUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 07:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi, just found this thread [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]!!

glad that there are other people who are waiting and looking forward to seeing this programme, its the new programme i am most looking forward to seeing.

but i am sure it is not starting until march, as it would have been in the feb sky guide otherwise.

i hope they show it on wednesdays at nine.
onthebalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know too much about "The O.C." but I've heard people rave about it and so I'm intrigued...

As "Smallville" S3 has taken DC's old E4 slot, I can't think where it might go... It would be good if it aired on Ch 4 Wednesdays at 9pm as for some reason, this years "ER" has been put on a later time of 10pm [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] so 9pm would be great [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Big DC Fan
Big DC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey!

I'm really looking forward to The O.C. starting, I've heard so many good things about it.

I think Wednesdays at 9pm would be a really good time to show it.

I can't wait for it to start [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Taye
~Taylor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Cant wait for this to come to the UK! It seems like an amazing show. Hurry up e4! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2004, 04:48 AM
Loyal Fan

The show is going to start March 1st and will be on at 10pm
~Taylor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 05:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Taylor~:
<STRONG>The show is going to start March 1st and will be on at 10pm</STRONG>

hi, i was just going to post that, you beat me to it!!

is anyone else slightly disappointed with the time, i was hoping it would be shown at 9.00 on wednesday - e4 normally show these kinda shows at 9.00 not 10.00.

hopefully it will repeat at a better time on 2nd chance sunday, as i watch without a trace on mondays at 10.00.
onthebalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 05:59 AM
Master Fan

yay! im so glad its coming! and not that long to wait!

i shouldn't really be this excited about it since i've already seen all the episodes, but atleast i get to have them on tape!
Old 02-20-2004, 07:43 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm REALLY looking forward to it starting, I've heard many good things about it and everybody seems to like this Seth guy. Can't wait for it to start on E4, I think I saw it advertised before Smallville.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Where did you hear that it is starting March 1st? I can't find the information anywhere.
Reply   Post New Thread