Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this episode (surprise, surprise!). Not my favorite, but I liked it.

Sandy rocks. Kirsten rocks. Love how they've reversed roles.

Why did Julie just agree to surrender Marissa's clothes to Luke like that? Seriously? Did we miss communication between Marissa and her mom?

I actually thought MB did a pretty good job with the helpless tears while she and Oliver were alone. She really looked scared. But as soon as Ryan entered she started sucking again. And before that she sucked a lot too. In all directions she sucked except for that one scene.

I felt for Julie so much in her scene with Caleb and Kirsten. How hurtful, the poor girl from Riverside being stung like that by her lover, then being looked at so pityingly by the woman she always envied. Class relationships were there as well, in that scene.

"I'm not touching that one." BWAH!

This was a very different Summer we saw than the one in Palm Springs. She wasn't trying to butt in at all, I think. She wanted friends, so she tried to appreciate their interests. And she looked guilty every time Anna glared at her.

I won't deny that Seth screwed himself this time, but I don't think it was conscious. And I can accept that, and hope he'll learn from it. He can't help that he has chemistry with Summer.

Also, (and I'm not excusing Seth's obliviousness) I didn't think Anna made it very easy for him. "She's your friend!" WTF? Whatever happened to "we can all stay friends?" I knew Anna never meant it, but that certainly put Seth in an awkward position with Summer asking for friendship.

And as much as Seth denied Sandy's accusation, I think it made an impact, and he was trying to be better in his scene afterwards. But at that point Anna was being unforgiving. I know his heart wasn't in it, but he can't help that. He was trying to apologize for any misunderstanding.

And his apology to Ryan was beautiful and heart-felt. Loved the tears in his eyes. I think AB is a great actor, and he proved that at the end tonight. Let's all not give up on him or Seth yet, okay? Seth was muted while with Anna because he was subconsciously unhappy. They had bad chemistry. Ryan was elsewhere. But the Seth we love is back, I am convinced of it!

Also, I think his talking about himself at the end wasn't complete selfishness. He knows Ryan, and knows Ryan doesn't like to talk, and was trying to take his mind off of it. Plus, can you really see Ryan telling that story? ("So then I sez to him 'Put the gun down, ya putz!'")

Yay for next week!
emrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

Well, by saying "choice", you have to be specific. Seth did not sit down and say, "I have chosen Anna. I want to be with Anna." He never said that. I think Seth was just being lazy then too, and since Anna came to him first, he went with her. Seth is always lazy. And yeah, he was kind of a jerk, and I think that the touching Summer thing (although cute) was a little much when Anna was right there, frankly, it'd be a little much even if she wasn't right there, but Seth is inexperienced. He's shown that he's not good at these things, and I don't think he intentionally flirted w/ Summer to hurt Anna, he just got caught up in her and didn't realize. So, Anna made the right decision. -shrug-

And I don't see why it's a copy off of friends. It could've been ripped off a mixture of things said on Roswell too. What matters is the way it's said.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ryan/Marissa/Oliver - I thought the triangle was ended very nicely. It was sad that Marissa had to find out Oliver`s dark side the hard way, but sometimes you`ve got to learn things the hard way. Plus she treated Ryan pretty badly.

Seth/Summer/Anna - Anna finally caught on that she just wasn`t good enough for Seth compared to Summer. I don`t blame her for going off on Seth. However she and Seth had very little chemistry lately. Summer was very right about them being like sibings. BTW i`m very disappointed that Seth blew his chances to have a polyamorous relationship with both Anna and Summer. He had plenty of chances to get it on with both of the ladies, but instead he kept messing things up by being such a geek. The final nail in the coffin was him teaching the ladies about comic books. Seth should`ve did a more interesting activity with Anna and Summer, preferably in his bedroom. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Julie and Luke - It`s about time they finally hook up. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] After the early episodes, i had a feeling that Luke would seek comfort from Julie after he broke up with Marissa, but i didn`t think it would be the other way around. Personally i think that Luke should give in to temptation and get it on with Julie. I know that it would be very awkward for Luke to hook up with his ex-girlfriend`s mom, but lets be honest what red blooded guy wouldn`t want a sexy MILF like Julie? [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] I can`t wait to see how thing transpire with them.
Old 02-12-2004, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Friends in NO way originated that sentiment just because it was a popular show for the past ten years.
Good point. But it's still been used before, and he could come up with something that's less cheesy. I mean, c'mon, he's Seth!

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

poor ryan. i wonder if he'll let marissa forgive herself
Old 02-12-2004, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

Seth/Summer: Yes! Tonights episode will clear the way for the best episode yet! I felt kinda bad for Anna though cause I think any girl would get mad if her guy was flirting wuth another girl right infront of her. Anna was right on what she said when she broke up with Seth though. He doesn't love Anna, he loves Summer. The preview was awesome, well mainely just the beginning. "It's always been you." I love that quote from Seth to Summer! It's so sweet and I don't blame her for jumping him after that at all!

Ryan/Marissa: I'm glad it was proved Ryan was right and that Oliver is indeed crazy. But most importantly I'm glad Marissa realized Ryan was right and called him when she needed him the most. I was so happy
to see her hug him at the end and he hugged her back. Aww! Still, I think they are going to go through an akward period and may not be together for another episode or two.

More comments:

Anna: I really felt sorry for her as she saw the attraction and closeness between S/S. I think she realized she would never have that with Seth and he could never love her like he loves Summer. Although
I'm sure Seth only liked her and I think they are better off as friends! They got really boring and I could see Anna get really annoying, always hanging on his arm.

Luke/Ryan: So cool they sorta joined forces to protect Marissa from Oliver. I'm digging their friendship!

Seth/Ryan: Seth's apology was much deserved! I'm glad they had a good brother to brother chat!

Sandy/Seth: Props to Sandy for bringing Seth's attention to Anna and her feelings. I'm glad they have a good father/son relationship.

Next week promo: Omg! That Seth/Summer stuff in the beginning is awesome! I can't wait to see it! I'm watching that promo over and over again. Plus it looks grim for Ryan and Marissa with Theresa coming back.

-Christy
Creative Christy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Passionate Fan

as some of u already said,i was surprised too that oliver left alive,i tought he was going to shoot himself too (cause the spoilers end when he pointed the gun and said "i'm sorry").
then i felt A LITTLE sorry for anna,but in some ways she deserves that,cause she stepped into seth knowing that he was in love with summer.
and how cute summer was,showing interest in comic books for seth.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
last but not least:luke and julie cooper.......EW!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 02:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MARIAROCKS000:
<STRONG>

Next week: "It's always been you Summer." Awwww.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I loved that. As soon as Angel was over I flipped just in time for the preview. I loved her expression. I can't wait for next week's episode [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This weeks episode...

[img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] woowho to the Seth/Anna breakup. I actually enjoyed a little of the S/A relationship, but that was only because I knew it was over [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Summer and Seth [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] awww how cute. I loved when she called him a little perv [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] but wait I didn't see anything that was supposed to be in the preview [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] I wanted a little S/S action. I have been going crazy waiting for it. And there was no preview since I downloaded the episode. I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow night to see the preview.

Sandy and Ryan, how great were they. I loved the whole Give me the keys thing, and when he said I'll drive [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Oliver, wow that actor is great. he played Oliver so well. I really loved that story line.

Ryan and Marissa, come on Marissa wake up. I seriously think that Marissa needs to step back and find herself.

Natilie Bishop [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Wow. that was weird seeing that.

Everyone outside the hotel room, I loved that scene. And Marissa keeping quiet for so long. totally freaked me out.

Ewwww I have to say that the whole Luke/Julie thing is so not even funny. I don't like that thought.

I loved this episode!

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Atti's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 03:10 AM
Elite Fan

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this episode. I haven't liked the Oliver storyline that much, but it was played out well tonight. And I have to admit- the actor that plays Oliver played the part really well.
Old 02-12-2004, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_mvpics:
<STRONG>I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this episode. I haven't liked the Oliver storyline that much, but it was played out well tonight. And I have to admit- the actor that plays Oliver played the part really well.</STRONG>
Yep. Undoubtedly, he's a really good actor. LMAO... when he started bashing his head in I couldn't help but laugh.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 04:54 AM
Total Fan

Seth - I've been slightly disappointed by Seth in this whole Ryan/Marissa/Oliver situation...he seemed to have taken Oliver's word over Ryan's, which, logically, I don't think should've happened. Hell, LUKE was more on Ryan's side than Seth was. While I didn't like the way he treated Anna in this episode, I'm still glad that that relationship is over...Anna annoyed me at times, and for some reason, the soft-spoken bits that she had during the couch scenes seemed really...off pace. Anyway, I'm glad Seth sort of redeemed himself at the end. (however did SUMMER manage to at least semi-catch on to Oliver's mental state before Seth did?)

Anna - I mostly felt sorry for her in this episode, although during some times, I felt myself hard-pressed to feel as such. Sometimes just the intonation of her words doesn't sit well with me, and I felt less sympathy for her when her sentence came out sounding...odd.

Summer - She was adorable, as usual. Sad how she figured out how Oliver was monopolizing Marissa before most of everyone else.

Sandy - Ehhh...I went back and forth between being a little disturbed by him and liking him a lot. He can be somewhat intimidating (re: scene yelling at Seth) or kind (re: scenes trying to talk to a despondant Ryan).

Kirsten - She was cute in this episode, as always. Found no flaws with her, though I was amused that she ended up being more sympathetic towards Ryan than Sandy initially was.

Julie - My god, that woman goes between being actually semi-intelligent to being someone I want to bash over the head occasionally. It's nice to see her parenting Marissa for once (even if it's too late), but the Luke/Julie vibe really squicked me.

Luke - Finally. Someone gets it that Oliver is mentally out of it. Finally.

Oliver - I think I'm still one of the few people that like him. He was mentally disturbed, yes, but I liked the aspect that he added to the show. He added a bit of realism to The O.C., as people in the real world deal with people like this on a daily basis. He was "abusive" in the way that he guilt-trips Marissa, he lies, he doesn't threaten her but he threatens to kill himself if she doesn't stay with him...she essentially had an abusive non-boyfriend. I'm glad he didn't die, though...I hope they can get him some serious psychiatric help and put him into the care of his parents, who hopefully will parent him for once instead of leaving him alone. (which was certainly not beneficial to his precarious state of mind as it was). Still, it was pretty powerful at the end of the episode when he was threatening to kill himself. And of course, it would be Ryan to talk him down.

Marissa - Now, a lot of people don't like her now, and I can understand, in a way, why. I still like her for several reasons. I can understand how she had been disillusioned by Oliver (as had everyone else), since he had acted for her and for them - putting on a happy face, etc. For Ryan, yes, he displayed his darker side, which none of the other people saw, save for Luke. Everyone else was fooled by Oliver...it wasn't just Marissa. Yes, Ryan had been warning her - but when she needed a friend who understood her, Oliver showed up, appearing to be just that - someone who understood her. They had both grown up priviliged, both had parents who were slightly flaky, both had some alcohol abuse problems, both had drug problems...they seemed quite similar, which would explain why Marissa was so trusting with him. Obviously, Oliver would've extrapolated on whatever stories he told her when they were alone, so she was more likely to believe him. And even when it was getting to the point where cracks were starting to show in Oliver, he managed to convince her otherwise by pulling the "well, if you don't want to..." card, essentially guilt-tripping her into doing something. She had to view his true breakdown to believe Ryan, whom she might've believed earlier, had she been witness to the behaviour Oliver displayed to Ryan and Luke. I don't blame her for being tricked by Oliver - so were Seth, Anna, Summer, etc, for a time being. So yes, I still like Marissa. Yes, I do think she may have handled things wrong, but considering the situation, when all she saw was one of Oliver's many faces, she would have had no other reason than to believe that THAT was Oliver, and not the Oliver that Ryan was telling her about.

Caleb - Yes, he doesn't like confrontation...but for god's sake...he owns a company - I'm sure he deals with less than positive clients once in a while. He's got to be at least 60...wow...he should've been able to break up with Julie face-to-face, not coerce Kirsten to do it...

That's just my viewpoint...

I have to say, I am highly impressed by Taylor Handley's acting. He seems to be able to segway between conniving and sweet in a matter of seconds. It's very very disturbing...and very cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Go Taylor! I kind of wish they'd bring him back...sometime down the road. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Misako
Shimmer
RBD
Weathernite
OWL
Legolas' Arrow #15
Orli and Ewan's Style-Ologist
#2 of Orli's Harem
Literati
Misako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 06:28 AM
Loyal Fan

If you liked the music playing during Ryan´s scenes at the poolhouse (I know I did!), it´s called "Love of the Loveless",by the Eels.

I love it,especially the beginning.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited PiPaS ]

* Ana *
PiPaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Extreme Fan

I just wanted to add my opinion about how people think "It's always been you," is a stolen line from Friends.

Just because Friends is an insanely popular show, and Ross and Rachel are a popular couple does not mean they were the first to use it. In fact I'm pretty sure it was used before that. And now it's being used after that. But see the difference from what I can tell from the preview is that Adam's delivery on it is going to make a line that could be corny into something really sweet and completely sincere.

Atleast it doesn't look like he's going to go completely "Dawson's creek" on us and use a bunch of words with 37 syllables to tell how he feels. To me it just looks like he's going to be honest. And that is what is going to make the line special.

You will be lonely, Craig.
HyperBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

The highlight of this episode was Oliver freaking out. I loved it.

dawsonandjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Total Fan

Marissa/Oliver/Ryan - I'm glad this storyline's over and the truth about Oliver is out. Maybe Marissa won't be so annoying now? Doubtful. I'd like to see Ryan NOT take her back after this, but I know he will.

Seth/Summer/Anna - I like Anna, just not with Seth. I felt bad for her when he was ignoring her. She had every right to feel the way she did. At the same time though, I'm glad it's over. I'm looking forward to Seth & Summer getting together.

Ryan/Seth - I hated that Seth didn't believe Ryan. I loved his apology at the end though.

Luke/Julie - Saw it coming as soon as he walked into the house.

I'm looking forward to next weeks ep. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Icon by Elya
*Krissy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread