Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

The Truth Episode (118) Discussion

Changes are happening within the couplehoods of the O.C.ers. Lines seem to be blurred. Oliver reveals himself as he falls apart, but not before Ryan is completely left in the cold. Someone loses school, one loses work, two lose their partners, and one more loses it all.

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Wow.

Oliver is nuts.

Marissa is stupid.

Seth is a jerk. Anna didn't deserve that.

Next week: "It's always been you Summer." Awwww.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Kirsten/Sandy - This couple is always so adorable. I loved their little lunch scene, and when Sandy told Kirsten to go get changed and she gives him this look. Their parenting rocks, I loved when they both brought Ryan coffee, and Sandy says "great minds". These too are never not cute!

Julie (and co.) - Caleb is a cowardly jerk. Must be where Seth got it from sometimes, because we know it wasn't from his parents. That was really low of him, I actually felt bad for Julie. I'm unsure about where I stand on the Luke thing though. I'm not squicked, but I'm not zealous, I'm more amused by it so far. I want to see Luke get a little action, so, heh. I also like that Julie's finally stepping up to the plate as a mom, and I liked her interaction with Ryan.

Marissa/Oliver/Ryan - Marissa = stupid. Nothing new there. What bugged me is how Marissa thinks that it is really all about her. Like when she told Summer that nearly all the guys were jealous, when she blew Summer off, and when she assumed the gun was for her, when it was really for Oliver. I just hope that now that Oliver is out of her life, Marissa's brain will grow back. Although, even with that being said, I'm glad Oliver didn't die, and I think they should bring him back in season two, because I still like the guy. He even has his own signature crazy hand movements. Ryan rocked this episode. I loved the scenes of him just laying around, amusing and hot all at once. I liked how Ryan took action and was there for Marissa, we all know that Ryan's a good guy. And his chemistry with Luke is really up there. I like the Luke x Ryan friendship. I wasn't sure what to think of nice Luke before, but I liked him in this episode.

Seth/Summer/Anna - Well, I did not feel sorry for Anna, I know some people did, but I didn't. I didn't really feel anything. I thought the break-up scene was well acted though, short but sweet, I guess. But I didnt feel bad for Anna because she was ignored, because I felt that if she was as smart to walk away now, why didn't she before? Why didn't she ever notice before? I guess she did, she just thought she had a chance, which she did, but still... Well, she walked away with what pride she had left, good for her. I just liked the summer x seth scenes. Subtle and obvious in all the right places. I loved them finishing each other's sentences, and the comic book thing was cute, and the Archie comics mention was amusing.

Oh, and Anna, I like Deathcab and comics too. Three in a million, eh?
Old 02-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

seth is a pancy, he should be gay. he might actually be cooler then. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Banned

The thing that surprised me was that they left Oliver alive. I was sure he was going to shoot himself. Oh well, I still say he should have shot Marissa.

I feel bad for Summer -- she thought that now that Marissa wasn't with Ryan anymore, she was finally going to have some time with her "best friend." And then Oliver came. When Summer said "Why shouldn't Oliver be happy? He has Marissa all to himself." my heart broke, again. Rachel Bilson is an amazing actress. And then she had to start hanging out with Seth and Anna again -- but this time the results were pleasant! It's always been Summer! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ryan is still awesome. Marissa treated him like ****, and I am thrilled he isn't taking her back right away. I really like Teresa and I'm glad they're bringing her back. Also, what is with Marissa's bangs? She looks better without them.

Anna. I did like her once, and tonight I felt bad for her again. She finally realized that Seth will never feel the way about her that he feels about Summer, and she ended it. And she paved the way for S/S. So the anti-Anna thread is not for me.

Luke and Julie. Okay, ew! I didn't see any chemistry between them, even though I could tell there was supposed to be. I can't believe they're going to kiss next week. What, doesn't Luke deserve a girl his own age? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
CanonsAreWorthless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Whew. This ep was like killing 2 birds with one stone - no more Anna! No more Oliver! Woot woot!

Marissa - Just kill yourself and make it easier on the rest of us, okay?

Ryan - Dude shoulda hung up on her when she called.

Olivef - This guy had the opportunity to shoot Marissa and put the entire viewing audience out of its misery. And yet...he didn't. WHY, OLIVER, WHY?!

Seth - Umm. Yeah. Jerk to Anna. But the thing is, I can't really seem to care, because I hated her. I loved his apology to Ryan, though. And oh, him and Summer and the comic books - too cute.

Anna - You suck. Haha. *dances* Actually, I definitely understood her being upset at Seth's treatment of her when Summer was around. But. Freaking out when he wanted to call Summer and let her know that her BEST FRIEND was almost SHOT by some freaky crack addict? Isn't that what a normal person would do?

Summer - Poor Summer needs a new best friend, anyway. Marissa is awful.

Luke - Oh, Luke. I love you. So much. If only you were more attractive.

Sandy - Sandy is the best dad ever. Loved the scene w/ him and Seth, particularly.

Kirsten - Heh. "You want me to break up with her?"

Julie - She kinda bugs me still. Her and Luke? Ew. Saw it coming a mile away the second I saw him lying on Marissa's bed, but wished I hadn't.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Just delurking to post my thoughts about Anna:

I felt sorry for her in the middle of the episode, but not the beginning or the end. In the beginning, that first scene with Seth/Anna/Summer/Marissa, there was NO need for her to be so standoffish. It was a tense and awkward moment, and more so for Seth and Marissa than anyone else, and by default, Summer too. Anna really was sort of an outsider to the situation at hand, she should have understood that. This wasn't even one of Seth's more insensitive moments in the show, either!

The end - I'm sorry, if my best friend went through what Marissa just had, I'd want to know about it IMMEDIATELY. Whether it had happened 3 minutes ago, 3 days ago, or 3 weeks ago, I'd want to know. It didn't look like Seth was being biased towards Summer or anything in this scene, either. I realize by this point Anna had put up with a lot, but that was terribly insensitive of her, more so than Seth had been in the entire episode.

The middle - Oh, I felt for Anna. Poor girl. But to defend Seth for a moment, a crush like that is horribly hard to get over. And it wasn't going to happen in a few short weeks, particularly if said crush returned his feelings! But still. Anna didn't deserve a lot of that... although, a crueler part of me wants to say she should have seen it coming. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 02-11-2004: Message edited Persephone Pixie ]
Old 02-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Good episode tonight. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've never been a big Anna fan but I really felt for her tonight. Seth was being a complete jerk to her. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I never thought I would dislike Seth but he's really pissed me off ever since the episode after "The Countdown".

Loved Summer. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Marissa is so stupid! Hate her. Oliver is such a creepy dude and Taylor Handley is great at playing him.

Previews: Love the S/S and R/M/T stuff. Not sure how I feel about Julie and Luke yet.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Ryan? Be my boyfriend. He and Marissa are back on my cute radar. He is SO in love with her. Oliver! Is! Gone! I wanted to punch him in his smug little face every time he was on the screen.

I'm so happy Anna finally got a clue. Seth doesn't deserve her. Walk away, girl. Hold your head up, don't look back.

Quote:
Next week: "It's always been you Summer."
Ripping off lines from Friends?? Bite me, Seth.
Julie and Luke? Ew, and ew.(tm Joan of Arcadia).

Sandy, I love you. You and Ryan are my favorite characters on this show. Loved the Julie/Kirsten catfight too. Julie rocks my boat. But where was Jimmy? I miss you, Jimmy!

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Decent episode. My comments:

Ryan: He was himself. I fail to understand why he went and to help Marissa? He should've just left her there in trouble..she deserves it. But what can you do? Right? hmmmm...He's still hot though.

Marissa: ummm idiot. If the writers don't something soon to redeem her character she will ruin The OC for me. blah! ..Oh and bravo for her SORT OF coming to her senses at the end. Still a clueless moron though in this episode.

Anna: hmmmmm her same self. Treated badly by Seth. Bravo for her telling him off! But I gotta say I don't feel one bit sorry for her. She chose Seth, Seth didn't choose her. Thus, their relationship wasn't going to last long.

Seth: He's so clueless it hurt having to watch him in this episode. Love him to death but such a wimp! Well, finally just like Marissa came to his senses in the Ryan situation but not the Anna situation. Bravo! I give him half credit. Hope clueless Seth never happens again.

Summer: Oh gosh, She never fails to amaze me! I love her! Loved the Betty & Veronica reference! Can't believe Marissa ditched her like that for Oliver! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Summer treat Marissa bad for me in the future. For me.

Luke: awwwww I loved how he had Ryan's back. I love them as friends. His eyes are gorgeous! wow! Anyways, so glad Ryan wasn't the only one who saw through Oliver's fakeness! Go Luke! I'm actually kind of glad him and Julie had the "moment" now he can torture Marissa with the "I'm gonna do your mom" bit. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yeah! Make Marissa uncomfortable! Or the writers will probably have Marissa never knowing! pffft

Seth/Summer: They have so much chemistry it's not even funny! Although, I'm afraid when they start dating it's gonna be like Hardass + Wuss=Love. Hardass being Summer and Wuss being Seth. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

All the adults were great! Loved the parenting between Sandy & Ryan and with Kirsten concerned and stuff. Liked Julie being the mom role again..sort of. I missed that. Caleb was a complete coward. Yeah, let's get my daughter to break up with the woman I'm seeing..very manly! LMAO. So glad Julie told him off. I have a feeling she didn't really quit her job...she'll be back.

Seth/Ryan: *chants* Game boys are baaacck! Game boys are bacccckk! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Overall, a decent episode. Best part, of course, is that Oliver is GOONNEEE!!!!!!!!! To bad he didn't kill himself though. What's up with FOX false advertising a "gun shot"? [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Bye nut Oliver! Never return! I don't care to see your dumb face again! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Next week: Looks so great! Seth & Summer are gonna do it! Luke and Julie will kiss! Marissa will get a taste of what Ryan went through! Hell yeah!
Andrea D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by last beautiful girl:
<STRONG>

Ripping off lines from Friends?? Bite me, Seth.

</STRONG>
Oh, please. That line has been on so many shows. SO many. It's such a basic statement, I don't see how it could really be a ripoff.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

last beautiful girl, that's exactly what I thought. total Friends ripoff. People need to be more original in their senimental getting together of characters!

Anyway, even though I'm a S&S shipper, the Anna thing was a complete and total cop-out. Lazy writing.

I'm glad Oliver didn't die. Poor crazy guy.
Mitt Mitt St Clair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Loyal Fan

My new LJ icon has Marissa on it and says "Hi, I'm a total moron and do not deserve Ryan's arms." I won't say anything else about her, such as Oliver should've shot her when he had the chance, 'cuz I'm sure everyone else has the same feelings. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Marissa's such a crappy friend. Leaving Summer for Oliver, feh. Okay, I'm done with the Marissa bashing.

Oh god I agree with whoever it was on the spoiler board that said Anna's roots were distracting. I'm with you Persephone Pixie. She was just snotty at the beginning and end but I did feel really bad for her in the middle.

I LOVE the Luke/Ryan friendship that has magically appeared out of nowhere.

There was a PSA at the end! Aw.

From the previews...
Finally, next week, Seth's balls will return.

"Miss Cooper, you are an amazing girl-- woman. I just thought you should know the truth." Hee!

Next week looks fantastic.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Friends in NO way originated that sentiment just because it was a popular show for the past ten years.

Ok, anyways. I thought this episode was pretty decent but basically just a filler to wrap up the horrible R/M/O storyline and set up the pay off for Seth and Summer. I could basically care less about R/M/O at all. Marissa is an idiot, Oliver is insane, and Ryan is just boring.

Summer/Seth/Anna: Finally, the end. I didn't feel sorry for Anna at all. I sort of feel like she got what she deserved since she knew how Seth felt about Summer since he was a kid. Those feelings don't just shut off. I mean, hello, your first clue would have been when he said he didn't choose you. Whatever, I'm just glad its over. I can't wait for Seth and Summer next episode, they have amazing chemistry. Rachel Bilson was right on tonight even though she didn't get many lines. "SuperPerv" was the return of some S/S banter for me so that was good. Ohh and I loved Seth and Ryan in their last scene. That was good.

Luke/Julie: Bring it on. I think this storyline is hillarious. Seriously.

"I remember when the days were long, and the nights when the living room was on the lawn.."
AlwaysADreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

I hated Seth in this episode. He was being a complete jack ass and that's not who he's supposed to be. He shouldn't have treated his girlfriend like that. It was out of line.

People saying that Seth didn't choose Anna, of course he did. If he hadn't, they wouldn't be together. There wouldn't have been a love triangle, he would never have been confused about who to choose and what not. If he didn't want her, he could have simply rejected her. He was out of line.

Caleb is a grown man. Asking your daughter to break up for you is ridiculous. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Julie and Luke? Come on! Please, can they stop turning this show into 'Days of our lives?'

Oliver storyline - glad it is over.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread