Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetgirl465 (View Post)
I love vidding cause its relaxes me too ... I just do it for fun, I upload my videos on my YT and have done a few RM videos

https://youtu.be/GZq_85hu4KY
Why does it do that?
Old 12-23-2017, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by almudena99 (View Post)
RM, yep..it is what it is...I think my only real complain about how they were written (even though I ended up liking RTaylor) it's season 4,
as for Ryan, who was another person completely, it was as if I was watching a completely different show.

I get that they wanted him happy, but that's not his core essence, he's broody, and silent, barely talks,
it's quite difficult for him to express his feelings and to open to other people, even though he shows
it in a different way, but not with words...someone that is like that, doesn't change, he or
she can learn to open themselves a little more, but not 360 as you would see in s4, that is out of character.

I remember how criticised was his attitude in terms of the last break up with Marissa in s3, and how it seemed from episode 3x17 until 3x20 as if
he had moved on really fast, and was out of love, and then again he was falling for her.
See?, I don't see it like that, I don't think he ever was out of love; he was upset with her about the Johnny situation,
which put up all his insecurities, and also, he put his frustration on her, and didn't understood,
that even though she was not in love with J, she cared about him and felt pretty guilty about his death,
because she was the one that sent him a letter saying she was in love with Ryan..and then he did what hew did.
Ryan didn't understand that, you can not be all happy right after something like that happened, even when it's Valentine's.
He was still trying to prove a point ( Ryan) and Marissa was throwing her frustration on Ryan, result: the Valentine's Day disaster.

Then Sadie. It seemed to me he was trying to hurt Marissa the same way he felt hurt with J, but, again..he was in love with Marissa, so, breaking up in person?. No way he would have been able to go through with that, so he did it by phone. At the same time that he's doing that, Marissa realises she just lost him. And then, Ryan's birthday...he was ready to give it another chance after the CD, but then she wasn't... and again, like Ryan, self destruction over his feelings towards him, that's why Volchok, alcohol,drugs...

And Ryan, he can be the master in hiding his real feelings deep inside, fool himself, and if he has a relationship that can make him forget the reality of what's going on (Sadie), even better, also, he was still pretty upset with Marissa. But that is their thing, two people that love each other so much, that can not even make it work, but they can seem to be apart from each other for too long either..they are like magnets..no matter what happens, they always end up together, they are drawn to each other..since the beginning.
the show spent way too much time on Johnny (even Josh Shwartz admits it) and I didn't like the RM SL for the majority of S3

it started out on a strong note at the beginning of S3 and it got lost about halfway through and then of course we get the tragic ending to their love story

looking at the oc wiki it says that RM weren't together for almost all of S2 which I find surprising

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 12-23-2017 at 11:34 PM
Old 12-23-2017, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
the show spent way too much time on Johnny (even Josh Shwartz admits it) and I didn't like the RM SL for the majority of S3

it started out on a strong note at the beginning of S3 and it got lost about halfway through and then of course we get the tragic ending to their love story

looking at the oc wiki it says that RM weren't together for almost all of S2 which I find surprising
I think any time on Johnny was too much lol
Old 12-25-2017, 10:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

the Johnny storyline was def too much
Old 12-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They should have focused more on the aftermath of the Trey stuff imo.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

^exactly
Old 12-26-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That would have been so much better than the Johnny stuff
Old 12-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

the johnny stuff was too boring
Old 12-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really was
Old 12-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 12-30-2017, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What season is it from?
Old 12-31-2017, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

Nothing can compare to when you roll the dice and swear your love’s for me.

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 12-31-2017 at 02:33 AM
Old 12-31-2017, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Hey everyone

Haven't had a chance to properly catch up but I saw you were talking about Johnny - wow I LOATHED that character. He had all the personality of a brick wall.

Why did they give Marissa such crappy story lines outside of her relationship with Ryan? First it was the drawn-out craziness with Oliver, then it was the pool boy love interest awkwardness, then the miserable stuff with Ryan's brother, THEN Johnny...

I'm really wondering if Mischa Barton had offended the writing staff in some kind of way, because they NEVER gave Marissa a break. Never.

Even when Ryan and Marissa FINALLY had sex, it was edited into the same scene as her Dad being violently beat up who then had to bail on her Mom and leave town... WTF???

I hated Season 4 and I haven't watched it since all those years ago it aired. The show does NOT work without Marissa. I don't care how bad things got with her drinking - the Summer and Marissa friendship was integral to the success of the show, as was her romance with Ryan.

(And don't get me started on Ryan/Taylor, let's remember part of the reason why Marissa had problems in Season 3 is due to Taylor giving her a hard time, but I won't go into that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
What season is it from?
The GIF is from Season 3, looks like the time when they first slept together (the only bearable time of that season)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-31-2017, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
The GIF is from Season 3, looks like the time when they first slept together (the only bearable time of that season)
Thanks for that and it really was lol.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Hey everyone

Haven't had a chance to properly catch up but I saw you were talking about Johnny - wow I LOATHED that character. He had all the personality of a brick wall.

Why did they give Marissa such crappy story lines outside of her relationship with Ryan? First it was the drawn-out craziness with Oliver, then it was the pool boy love interest awkwardness, then the miserable stuff with Ryan's brother, THEN Johnny...

I'm really wondering if Mischa Barton had offended the writing staff in some kind of way, because they NEVER gave Marissa a break. Never.

Even when Ryan and Marissa FINALLY had sex, it was edited into the same scene as her Dad being violently beat up who then had to bail on her Mom and leave town... WTF???

I hated Season 4 and I haven't watched it since all those years ago it aired. The show does NOT work without Marissa. I don't care how bad things got with her drinking - the Summer and Marissa friendship was integral to the success of the show, as was her romance with Ryan.

(And don't get me started on Ryan/Taylor, let's remember part of the reason why Marissa had problems in Season 3 is due to Taylor giving her a hard time, but I won't go into that)
Oliver gets the reward for most punchable character and the Johnny arc was drawn out for way too long

I agree with Marissa never really getting a break either

I liked season 4 for the most part but of course it wasn't the same w/o the core four
Closed Thread   Post New Thread