Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Well, the description of the episode on my satellite sucks IMO and it just confirms what I fear would happen. I am trying to understand why but at the same time, I can't understand. I still believe that if it really all does happen this season, the show will be at a death end. Nothing else to explore IMO... I guess I will just watch the show for pure entertainment. I wonder sometimes if I should just give in and read spoilers just to know for sure and prepare myself.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Seth and Anna were so adorable together in this last episode. I love how they're always touching each other, but it's not heavy making out. Not that I'm objecting to the idea of them having hot make-out sessions at some point, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] but not quite yet and not constantly. That's not who they are and where their relationship is at, and I like that the series is showing that. Not every relationship is the same or moves at the same pace. Seth and Anna are just comfortable with each other, and it's very sweet and playful and affectionate. And I love how well they get each other (their TV discussion was great [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ).

And then there's Summer. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Well, my liking for Summer went down quite a bit in this episode. I know that she's hurting and all, but she was terribly mean and malicious in this past ep. She even admitted that the only reason she was going on the trip was to sabatoge it for Seth and Anna. Just leave the two of them alone already! I'm really hoping she gets over it soon.

But I did like the expression on Luke's face when he saw that Seth and Anna were sleeping in the back of the car. Aw, he thought they were cute too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited Anla ]

icon by lunas_borednow
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Loyal Fan

hey fellow sock monkeys!!! :Wave: new eppy 2nite for those of you in canada. can't wait to see what happens this week between the two. last week was sort of a let down.

setham #46

sock monkey #38

I had my 1000th post at the OC Setham thread #22!
september angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Um, yeah. This week's episode SUCKS.

I won't give away anything more than that, but...ugh.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

So it's not good for us S/A ers? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Not really. It's not terrible, it's just...things aren't the way we'd like them to be. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Well that blows. Can't wait to see the eppy I guess. Now I'm all in suspense.
T O B Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Loony 4 Lupin:
<STRONG>Not really. It's not terrible, it's just...things aren't the way we'd like them to be. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I'm already prepared to get screwed over. I'm pretty used to it since I usually ship UC & there's rarely a happily ever after in my world. I haven't even seen the ep or read recaps but I already have a pretty good idea where this is heading. All I have to say is whatever happens I still want Anna & Seth to remain friends. Their friendship has always been the bestest.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Loony 4 Lupin:
<STRONG>Not really. It's not terrible, it's just...things aren't the way we'd like them to be. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
*sigh* Well, this just sucks man. *pouts* I guess I knew that this was coming. But still. Is my hatred for Summer going to grow? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Another S/A thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
here

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited **SuperGirl** ]

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Take it from me a Breakfast Monkey, the episode is so so for Seth and Anna. Some parts positive and another who are just sad to watch in some way. I never really hated Summer but I thought she was annoying in the last 2 episodes. Last night Summer was in character and she was actually very sweet. Anna is sweet also... I just think it is a bad situation for everyone and we never know, Anna might come back and get another chance. I think Seth needs to get Summer out of his system for now. I wanna hope that they won't do the on and off things with S/S forever but since it is just season 1, I don't see how they could have them be together forever. Even the best couple in TV history for me Brenda and Dylan on 90210 didn't last forever. Seth and Anna are still cute but the writers did write them poorly to make something else work.

It is not terrible but it can sucks for die hard Sock Monkeys.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Hi [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Can I be added to the list? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love Seth and Anna they are just so cute together. I've been posting at the thread over at the Adam board but decided to come and post here and delurk.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited Firestar007 ]
Old 01-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Dominique*:
<STRONG>Take it from me a Breakfast Monkey, the episode is so so for Seth and Anna. Some parts positive and another who are just sad to watch in some way. I never really hated Summer but I thought she was annoying in the last 2 episodes. Last night Summer was in character and she was actually very sweet. Anna is sweet also... I just think it is a bad situation for everyone and we never know, Anna might come back and get another chance. I think Seth needs to get Summer out of his system for now. I wanna hope that they won't do the on and off things with S/S forever but since it is just season 1, I don't see how they could have them be together forever. Even the best couple in TV history for me Brenda and Dylan on 90210 didn't last forever. Seth and Anna are still cute but the writers did write them poorly to make something else work.

</STRONG>
The writers never had any intention to actually make S/A 'the it OC couple' they were using that as a speed bumb for S/S. It sounds wrong I know. But if you look at it, that is excatly what the writers did and will continue until they break up.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited Ice Queen follower ]

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower:
<STRONG>

The writers never had any intention to actually make S/A 'the it OC couple' they were using that as a speed bumb for S/S. It sounds wrong I know. But if you look at it, that is excatly what the writers did and will continue until they break up.</STRONG>
Actually it doesn't sound wrong to me at all. It sounds exactly right. This is how I've seen it too. S&A were never given a real chance. It's been obvious to me from the way they got together that they were just being used as an obstacle. Sucks really but I've made my peace w/it. I'm just waiting for the inevitable "break up."

Sorry if this depresses anyone but I read recaps & I'm in a pissy mood.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower:
<STRONG>

The writers never had any intention to actually make S/A 'the it OC couple' they were using that as a speed bumb for S/S. It sounds wrong I know. But if you look at it, that is excatly what the writers did and will continue until they break up.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited Ice Queen follower ]</STRONG>
I agree that S/A were never written as The OC couple... They were an obstacle for S/S and after last night it is clear which couple is the one but IMO, it sucks to write the show with only one intention instead of seeing where things can go. I know Samaire is leaving and all but IMO, I think Seth and Anna should have been written as a real couple and see where it goes instead of destroying the character of Anna and her friendship/relationship with Seth just to put another obstacle between Seth and Summer. It is stupid to have one way to go and never get out of that road. I think the writers should do better. We never know what will happen... Look on DC I was a P/Jo fan in season 3 of DC and we all knew P/Jo were just another obstacle for D/Jo at the time. In season 4 I hated P/Jo and mostly Joey with a passion but even then the story was to have them break up by episode 8. The writers gave them a chance and see where it went? Pacey ended up being the one for Joey or so she said LOL. I think you have to think outside the box sometimes and take risk. No where will be the fun on the show if all we get is Ryan and Marissa sucking faces along with Seth and Summer sucking faces in another room. Where is the fun and the drama and the sweetnest? I don't know... I think they are going to fast and anyway I am a big fan of couples not getting together soon. I like the tension. I admit Seth and Anna have lost the tension since The Countdown and even more now that we are on the inevitable break up road.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tragedy:
<STRONG>

Actually it doesn't sound wrong to me at all. It sounds exactly right. This is how I've seen it too. S&A were never given a real chance. It's been obvious to me from the way they got together that they were just being used as an obstacle. Sucks really but I've made my peace w/it. I'm just waiting for the inevitable "break up."

Sorry if this depresses anyone but I read recaps & I'm in a pissy mood.</STRONG>
I agree S/A were never given a chance to be a real couple. And that is what pisses me off also. For the writers it was just an obstacle for progressing the S/S relationship.

I've also read the spoilers and know what is going to happen. And it just pisses me off.
Reply   Post New Thread