Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Juli: Yeah, I've noticed that too. But it's hard to be completely original when there's so many good shows that have touched so many different subjects already. Plus all the good artists steal.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really didn't like this ep either. The only thing I did like was the Ryan/Marissa interaction that was going on. I am totally becoming a Spooner again.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
*Stacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Andrea D for the song information -much appreciated.

Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~
I feel like they're going overboard with them.
They definetly are ... it's annoying.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Witter
Um, plot question: did Ryan and Marissa ever have sex when they were together? I don't remember this so my ignorance could just be the result of my not caring what happens in the R/M relationship. Still, I don't remember that they went all the way. So what was up wiyh Marissa's references about previous sex had with all the "nothing you haven't seen before" and "when I was in that bed with you"?
No, R/M never had sex. It was sort of inferred that they might have slept together at the end of The Perfect Couple, whenever they were messing around, and Ryan asked her to spend the night.. They were just going to go to sleep and then Marissa tells him that she's not so tired and they start fooling around again as the lights went out, etc. But it was later known that they did not actually have sex that night.. However, in general, they fooled around, A LOT, as we all know, so clothes most likely did come off at times and stuff, and I'm sure that's what Marissa was referring to whenever she told Ryan that it was nothing that he hadn't seen before.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-10-2005 at 03:04 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
However, in general, they fooled around, A LOT, as we all know, so clothes most likely did come off at times and stuff, and I'm sure that's what Marissa was referring to whenever she told Ryan that it was nothing that he hadn't seen before.

Or, although I doubt this possibility, Marissa could have been referencing Ryan's general experience with women, not just her in particular.
"The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that is has come to be disbelieved in. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only...Nothing is more real than these great shocks which two souls give each other in exchanging this spark."

-Cameron
MadameBovary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, she very well could have been. But something tells me she was, indeed, referring to herself given the context of the entire conversation.. The sexual tension between them, etc.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I loved this episode! I thought Seth and Sandy were freakin hilarious. Of course I loved all my Spooner moments! I like Trey I think he's hot but he obviously hasn't learned a thing since prison... But a LOT of people in prison don't learn their lesson unfortunately. I know a lot of people dislike Zach but I think he's adorable and I'm glad he stuck around. Ryan hitting Seth seems to be a routine now hehe how very brotherly The scene where Ryan walks in on Marissa without her shirt on had to be my favorite his face was memorable and Seth coming and walking away was too funny. I love love love R/M and glad their taking it slow

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?
Buttacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ben/Mischa certainly have the chemistry blazing. In fact, all four of them have chemistry together in every combo possible, as well as great group chemistry.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:30 PM
New Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. It had no huge plot development, but it was just a very entertaining episode to watch, which is definately not a bad thing once in a while. I really enjoyed it. I agree, there are too many Season 1 throwbacks, they could still do it and just reduce the number, although I still enjoy them. I guess we're getting them because of all the complaints of wanting the season 1 goodness back (although personally I'm enjoying this season a lot-- just not most of the J.J. episodes).
I'm very curious as to what happens with Trey's story, how he will leave or if he will stay. Something big definately will happen with him. I'm not sure if he will get with Marissa; it seems that there common place of interest and why they have their moments together are because of Ryan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
No, R/M never had sex. It was sort of inferred that they might have slept together at the end of The Perfect Couple, whenever they were messing around, and Ryan asked her to spend the night.. They were just going to go to sleep and then Marissa tells him that she's not so tired and they start fooling around again as the lights went out, etc. But it was later known that they did not actually have sex that night.. However, in general, they fooled around, A LOT, as we all know, so clothes most likely did come off at times and stuff, and I'm sure that's what Marissa was referring to whenever she told Ryan that it was nothing that he hadn't seen before.
Just wondering, how was it known that they did not have sex that night? It sure seemed like it. Neither of them were virgins, so it doesn't seem that it would be that big of a deal, especially since they were so close and in love for the majority of the season.
Markisaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markisaustin
I really enjoyed this episode. It had no huge plot development, but it was just a very entertaining episode to watch, which is definately not a bad thing once in a while. I really enjoyed it. I agree, there are too many Season 1 throwbacks, they could still do it and just reduce the number, although I still enjoy them. I guess we're getting them because of all the complaints of wanting the season 1 goodness back (although personally I'm enjoying this season a lot-- just not most of the J.J. episodes).
I'm very curious as to what happens with Trey's story, how he will leave or if he will stay. Something big definately will happen with him. I'm not sure if he will get with Marissa; it seems that there common place of interest and why they have their moments together are because of Ryan.

Just wondering, how was it known that they did not have sex that night? It sure seemed like it. Neither of them were virgins, so it doesn't seem that it would be that big of a deal, especially since they were so close and in love for the majority of the season.
Well although they both werent virgins, Marissa onlyhad sex one time and that wasnt lik ea good experience considering, that he cheated her a week after. But I mean it was known because at the beginning of the eppy, when they were making out she kept stopping himfrom touching her in certain areas...and there was a nother reason why we knew they didnt have sex that I will think of after all of these allergy congestion goes away!
attract your dreams ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Passionate Fan

R/M never had sex, Marissa said "We've waited so long...to you know." in The Heartbreak . Remember her rose holding desperation and using sex to make Ryan forgive her? I admired the rose but the sex? Not so much.

Noopsies!
Andrea D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea D
R/M never had sex, Marissa said "We've waited so long...to you know." in The Heartbreak . Remember her rose holding desperation and using sex to make Ryan forgive her? I admired the rose but the sex? Not so much.

Noopsies!
THANK YOU!!! THat was the scene I was trying to remember!! So yes, like before answered, they havent had sex
attract your dreams ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea D
R/M never had sex, Marissa said "We've waited so long...to you know." in The Heartbreak
Thanks, Andrea, for answering the question. This also slipped my mind even though I knew they never did, but I just couldn't remember exactly how it was set in stone that they hadn't slept together. Thanks for helping me remember.

So yes, Marissa has only been with Luke and DJ and Ryan has been with lots of girls, I suppose. It was inferred in the episode where he has the convo with Seth about how many girls he had been with. He was counting to himself how many there were.. I think it was in The Perfect Couple, if I'm not mistaken.

I think it's totally ironic that Ryan has been with so many girls in the past, and yet, Marissa, is the one that he hasn't been with yet. I think Josh is sort of trying to make a point that what he feels for Marissa is special. My prediction is that R/M will sleep together in the finale of this season. Just a guess, of course, but I could totally see it happening.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-11-2005 at 08:42 AM
Old 04-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Do we know that she slept with DJ? I'm just hoping she didn't, because that would mean she's still been waiting for Ryan.

Not to be weird, but I totally know a lot of times that you don't sleep with someone you care about more because its more intimate. Easier to sleep with someone or have sex with someone where there's no strings attached. I would not recommend it, but it does happen. Maybe that's what Ryan is thinking. I mean he has always been hurt because of people leaving him, ie his mother, so maybe he's always been worried about sleeping with Marissa. I mean, his heart is already there, imagine if he did sleep with her.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
*Stacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread