Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"The Risky Business" Discussion Thread

When Sandy becomes the honoree chair of the Newport Beach charity yard sale, he gets help from Ryan's brother Trey, who has his first run-in with the Newpsies.

Sorry for not starting this earlier, but I was gone all night celebrating my daughters b-day.

Be back with my thoughts.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
*Stacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

Bad episode.

- Trey needs to go ... he's useless.
- This whole "back to season one" theme is being done too soon. This could have been handled in like 2 years, I don't see the need for this now. It just makes me think they are running out of ideas. I can only imagine what season 3 will be like.
- Summer pinky swearing Cohen that if the comic book causes friction she'll break up with him - I'm sorry ... I knew she was a bitch ... but, why is he back with her? I actually liked Zach in this episode more than Summer. She needs to chill out. Have some alcohol and relax!
- Trey being the "nice" brother ... puh...lease! I guess Juvie didn't change him. You'd think it would.
- All the throwbacks to the Pilot. Give me something new to watch ... or shall I just pop in S1 to see that exact scene done the right way.
- Carter/Kirsten: Can we speed this up, please? I cannot stand things happening so slowly now. Last year they'd have a party, but like 5-6 things would be going on at the same time. Now, it's like ... 1 dilemma. It's total BS.
- Sandy pestering the Noopsies, that was funny. Reminds me of S1 where he took a piece of Julie's muffin.
- The whole"obtaining the egg" storyline was beyond stupid. Beyond. But, Seth dropping the keys was funny.
- Seth & Zach with the baseball cards ...
- Ryan staring at the picture of the egg ... did he get dumber? I thought he was working on his school work ... did he stop doing that, now?
- Marissa/Summer being the "assistants", the slow motion, the cuts from the auction to R/S ... it was all lame!
- Ryan/Marissa: I was rooting for these two to get back together, but it looks like were being strung along yet again. And what happened to her booze problem? Did that just go away, also?

While there were some choice moments, the episode was really bad. I'm losing hope in this show. I feel like it's turning into something else ... and attempting to recreate S1 moments, it's lacking originality.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But, Seth dropping the keys was funny.
LOL! Yeah that was hilarious! And "I'm Pippen McGee"

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
TrueLovePJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Summer pinky swearing Cohen that if the comic book causes friction she'll break up with him - I'm sorry ... I knew she was a bitch ...
I can't believe someone said something bad about Summer. How refreshing. I totally agree about her behavior yesterday

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
hshapir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Passionate Fan

I liked it. It was a fun episode.

All the Risky Business stuff was cute and meant to be laughable...oh and guess what? I laughed.

I actually thought about the whole Summer treating Seth differently in this episode, and I can buy it. I mean, she saw the guy she loves breakdown at their comic book meeting and baiscally scaring her. Now she probably doesn't want to have to work with her boyfriend and her ex again. It's reversed. She's probably scared at what will happen if they start working together again, especially her new relationship with Seth. Plus she can't back out because she's like the main attraction to the comic (her comic book character, that is). And I loved how Seth grew up a bit and backed out of the decision because he knew Summer wouldn't like it. But thanks to Zach he pressured him into it, ugh. I'm really hoping it will all work out though.

Quote:
Ryan staring at the picture of the egg ... did he get dumber? I thought he was working on his school work ... did he stop doing that, now?
What are you talking about? He was putting two and two together. That makes him dumb?

Quote:
And what happened to her booze problem? Did that just go away, also?
I think, IMO, Marissa only drinks to escape from her problems. I'm sure once some kind of s**t goes down in her life she'll be back. Also, even though Marissa had a bit too much screen time, she was selfless...that's a plus. You guys have to realize that you can't get everything you want in one episode...you gotta let is span out a bit.

Trey is hott. Bedhead!Trey. "What's....a.....noopsie?" Exactly.

I like the parallels with Ryan and Trey. It's cute.

Shirtless!Ryan.

Hee! Loved Sandy! I'm so glad he's back to being himself.

Yay! For the Noopsies. I wonder if they heard about the whole Newport Living showcase video? Heh. You think they would seeing as how the magazine is saving their ass from being broke.

God, Lady Heather-Free yet again. Hate!

Thought Kirsten and her tea set thing about her mom was nice and sweet. Aw.

Overall, fun episode. Next week looks awesome, Seth being an outcast again. Aw. Party! Yeah. Lady Heather a murderer? No, it can't be. I love her.

Last edited by Andrea D; 04-08-2005 at 10:10 PM
Andrea D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Extreme Fan

okay this ep was so so...

Trey- I love him... not sure why yet, but there just something i enjoy maybe because he's hot I don't know

Seth/Summer come on Summer can not force Seth to do the one thing he loves... I mean I really beleive he loves drawing more then he loves Summer. I'm sorry, but it I was in Seth shoes I would have dumped Summer. She can not expect him to change.

Ryan/Marissa friends come on just let them be friends... that last scene with them OMG do not make me sit though it... I don't believe Julie would come back early they just need to drag it on.

As for the first of the ep I actually enjoyed it. I found myself laughing at alot of it... and it was very little Seth/Summer which I was happy about so maybe thats why I loved it so much.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Absolute Fan

I actually loved the whole return to Season One scenario. Season One is better then Season Two, so I didn't mind a return to it.

Seth and Summer - I still love them, but I agree Summer did cross the line in my book by asking him to give up something he loves. Yeah he had an emotional breakdown, but if it weren't for that emotional breakdown, then Summer wouldn't have opened her eyes to the fact that Seth was still insanely hooked on her. I actually loved his meltdown during that episode.

Trey - Awwww, he is the older version of Ryan and I love it. I love the badboyness, but I wished he wouldn't have stolen the egg, but hey Ryan wasn't perfect trying to fit into the Newport scene at first either and he wasn't given up on so easy. Ryan made mistakes, plenty of them, so he should know how hard it is to fit in with the rich and stuckup when your not. I don't think he needs to give up so easy. Trey just needs to learn that it's OK to take a helping hand. I like him.

Ryan and Marrisa - I think Marrisa is much more stable when she is with Ryan. I love how she helped Trey out. I wouldn't even mind a Trey/Marrisa hook-up at some point, think of the drama then... I thought it was cute to relive that Ryan and Marrisa scene, where he puts his jacket on her.

Sandy and Kirsten - I love Sandy bossing everyone around, that was kinda cute and my boyfriend totally guessed when Kirsten asked where Marrisa got that Teaset from, that it was her mom's. He claims that he isn't a huge fan, but he is

So overall, it was a pretty good ep, but OMG next week's looks better. I miss the old O.C. parties and Seth gettting picked on and isn't it Trey that comes to his rescue? Last but not least, poor JuJu has went Ape ***** it looks like. Anyways, next weeks looks great
Congrats Kasey Kahne #9
2005 Chevy American Revolution 400 Nextel Cup Champion

Welcome To The O.C. Bitch
+*~*+SASHA+*~*+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

I bet that Julie shoots Caleb by accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea D
What are you talking about? He was putting two and two together. That makes him dumb?
And it took him how long?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueLovePJer
LOL! Yeah that was hilarious! And "I'm Pippen McGee"
I died at the Pippen McGee part, 'cause that's my Seth voice whenever I'm telling my friends what happened on an episode of the OC that they missed. It's all high like that.
-Kristi

icon by:Unknown
*Kristi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

No Julie? That's not cool.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed the episode as a filler. Most of the time I detest them, but I enjoyed it. The only bad thing was no Julie. I kind of like Trey, but I hope he and Marissa don't hook up, even though I think they might. I liked the throw-backs to S1 (Ryan and Marissa on the lawn chair and him putting the coat on her). I did think Summer making Cohen give up comic books was a little selfish
Old 04-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Perhaps because I had such a rough week I was able to see less of the flaws that were likely in this weeks episode. I was just so joyed to be watching a weekly favorite and enjoying a moment of escapism. This too, I think, is why I connected with the Risky Business themed plot and the adventures that came out the episode.

I really enjoyed seeing Zach once again and this time with Seth rebuilding a functioning friendship. I seriously don't want to see Zach go and I hope the writers can progress him into a staple of the show. The baseball card routine was hilarious. "Whose Kurt Shilling?" "I don't know." "I like his uniform. Can I have that one." But of course Seth was the real highlight. Adam had perfect comic timming through out the whole episode.

I wasn't very found of Summer though. She was manipulative and living out a double standard in which she now gets to be the one who meddles for the sake of her own selfish neeeds masked as her trying to be the do gooder saint for the sake of the friendships between the three of them. I found it rather cold of her to demand they give up their passion for comic books, basically, just for her. It was rather telling too as she told Seth that all he really has is Captian Oats and her. It was an obvious sign that soon these two will likely have another break so Seth can find himself outside of his obsession with having Summer.

Ryan and Seth were another highlight for me. I love when they work together as two distinctive superhero like characters. They were true brothers and best friends and made me all warm and fuzzy. Plus, Adam's perfect comic timming was exploited in his scene of crystal egg rescue. The exchange between him and the film (.... I'm looking for a term that Jay and Silent Bob used in J&SB Strike Back ....) dudes was a classic Seth moment.

I'm still not crazy about the Trey recast and how out of character he is from the original. But I enjoyed him more this time and I actually liked his scenes with Marissa. My personal highlight is when she passed him the money for rent and said if only you had trusted and believed me, or something like that.

Sandy was Sandy and I loved him for it. His great wit during the return of the Newpsies was boderline classic. And I must say it was great to see the return of the Newpsies. It was great to see the return of Newport functions.

I missed Caleb, and yes even Julie. But they would of crowded out this episode for sure.

So overall is wasn't a four star episode. But it entertained and kept my interest. It was fun and engaging.

Delise
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yea this eppy was pretty good!

My friend thinks Trey and Marissa are gonna hook up but i REALLLLLY hope that doesnt happen!

I really liked the RM chemistry in this eppy! I liked the throwbacks to Season 1 and I dont think its too late cause in a couple of years the kids hsould be in college and stuff so making parallels to season one will get harder and might not mean as much.

Seth dropping the keys was soooo funny!! I laughed when i saw that! You gotta love him! And when Ryan pushed him into the locker!!! That was TOO FUNNY!!! LOVED IT!

Cant wait for next week though! Julie has gone CRAZY!
attract your dreams ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was good could of been better but it was good

Trey: This recast of trey is really starting to grow on me, I dont know what it is logan really makes me feel as though he is ryan brother and i just absoutely like him...

R/M: very cute scenes especailly when he sees her undress, ah sigh..
Old 04-08-2005, 05:10 PM
New Fan

hmm i dunno but i really liked this episode, my friend thought it was just plain hilarious.

i like it and it was funny. so that all i got and before i go ill just say : MY SHOE! -hahah summer funni. =)

*Phone Rings* *Squints Eyes* *Reaches Hand out* *DAMN!*
shadows89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread